Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,065 members, 7,953,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:57 PM

Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic (2838 Views)

. / Imoudu Sule, Apostle Suleman's Father Warns Him Over PMB, APC Criticisms / "Evil Owl Sent To Attack My Parents Killed After Midnight Prayer" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by true2god: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
Demmzy15:
Being an atheist is not terrorism is an Islamic State, please get your facts right. The moment you kill or influence other people to kill, you become a criminal in an Islamic State. Those guys would be executed for killing, shikena!
Mr lie(nus) you again? It is a criminal offense to be an atheist in Saudi Arabia and an offense punishable by death to apostatize or make comments critical of Islam in Saudi Arabia, Iran or Pakistan. In Pakistan, street mob will kill anyone who blaspheme (mostly bitter truth) against Islam and/or its prophet.

Islam is evil and dangerous to the core.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Demmzy15(m): 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
JackBizzle:

undecided lie mohammed!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-declares-all-atheists-are-terrorists-in-new-law-to-crack-down-on-political-dissidents-9228389.html
grin grin grin OK, I said lynching people is not allowed and those who perpetuated that crime would executed.

So don't complicate any issue here! True2god continue dey flex muscles, I no get ya time!

1 Like

Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by MrPRevailer(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
hesupamo:
If God is real, HE DOES NOT NEED YOUR FUCKING HELP TO KILL PEOPLE.

Holy books are full of supposed examples of God lashing out with plagues, snakes, earthquakes, angels, and demons against those that make him cranky or look at him funny or breathe the wrong way.

If God hates atheists that much, he could incinerate them all with fire from heaven in one stroke.

If God requires you to kill for him, he's not a very powerful God.

But if God can seat on a Throne and Judge billions of sinners without them attacking him, then he's a powerful and the Almighty God
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by gabe: 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2017
I just knew it would be muslims that killed him. So insecure about their religion. If u want to die, just go to kano and start arguing that mohammed was not sent by God. Pakistan, a muslim country has blasphemy laws. So stupid they asked facebook to punish blasphemers! In saudi arabia, u cant even go to church not to talk of being atheist. Saying you are atheist publicly will just kill you in any muslim community. Maybe because islam is so full of bullshit a little examining will expose its lies.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 4:15am On Mar 20, 2017
gabe:
I just knew it would be muslims that killed him. So insecure about their religion. If u want to die, just go to kano and start arguing that mohammed was not sent by God. Pakistan, a muslim country has blasphemy laws. So stupid they asked facebook to punish blasphemers! In saudi arabia, u cant even go to church not to talk of being atheist. Saying you are atheist publicly will just kill you in any muslim community. Maybe because islam is so full of bullshit a little examining will expose its lies.
Hehehehehehehehe

there are churches in Saudi Arabia, what they don't want is evangelism
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by true2god: 6:07am On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

Hehehehehehehehe

there are churches in Saudi Arabia, what they don't want is evangelism
What's the name of the church and where is it located in Saudi Arabia?
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by true2god: 6:13am On Mar 20, 2017
gabe:
Islamic lies are indefensible and the only way to prevent critical examination of Islam is crude violence by the radicals, while the so-called moderate Muslims pay lip service to the terrors of Islamic radicals.

Mohammed, the founder of Islam, had 100% knowledge of the modus operandi of Islam. He said and I quote: I have been made victorious by means of terror (sahih Bukhari 4:52:220).

1 Like

Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by true2god: 6:19am On Mar 20, 2017
Demmzy15:
grin grin grin OK, I said lynching people is not allowed and those who perpetuated that crime would executed.

So don't complicate any issue here! True2god continue dey flex muscles, I no get ya time!
How is telling the truth related to 'flexing of muscle'. The truth can be bitter and often unacceptable.

There is no any part of the Muslim world that there is no mob violence against any blasphemer of allahh, Mohammed or Islam. It is a standard Islamic practice and the sunnah of the Islamic prophet. If you doubt I will provide an hadith that sanctioned the killing of anyone critical of Mohammed or Mohammed.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 6:25am On Mar 20, 2017
true2god:
What's the name of the church and where is it located in Saudi Arabia?

you're allowed to practise your faith in a private manner, Christians gather but they are not allowed to do it openly or have buildings dedicated to their faith; the Government guarantees and protects the right to private worship for all, including non-Muslims
infact, Ahamadiyya Muslims are even much more persecuted in Saudi Arabia than Christians cuz they're not even allowed into the country at all

something similar but a bit more relaxed applies to the country "Vatican City"
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

you're allowed to practise your faith in a private manner, Christians gather but they are not allowed to do it openly or have buildings dedicated to their faith; the Government guarantees and protects the right to private worship for all, including non-Muslims

Are you seriously comparing Vatican City to Saudi Arabia?
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 6:45am On Mar 20, 2017
Papist:

this is strawman but I am comparing them in a way
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by true2god: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

infact, Ahamadiyya Muslims are even much more persecuted in Saudi Arabia than Christians cuz they're not even allowed into the country at all

That's not the answer to my question. You said there are churches in Saudi Arabia and I asked you to mention the name of the church and the place it is located but you couldn't because no single church in Saudi Arabia. If you wear a crucifix you will be arrested in Saudi Arabia. If you carry a Bible you will be arrested, so where is the religious freedom?

I am not talking about the ahmadiya, don't divert please. Saudi Arabia is the land of Mohammed and the most hostile country to the Jews and the Christians. Almost every Friday, Christians and Jews are cursed in their mosques, so why are you technically defending Islamic apartheid and evil orchestrated by Mohammed?
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by true2god: 8:28am On Mar 20, 2017
Papist:

Like 90% of Muslims, the guy is deceptive for comparing the Vatican city (which is the largest church inside Rome, in Italy) to Saudi Arabia. Even the Qur'an had been read, many times, inside the Vatican city, though most Christians do not like the Catholic approach to the interfaith dialogue which is almost the easiest way of meeting Islamic demands in Europe and America.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2017
true2god:
That's not the answer to my question. You said there are churches in Saudi Arabia and I asked you to mention the name of the church and the place it is located but you couldn't because no single church in Saudi Arabia. If you wear a crucifix you will be arrested in Saudi Arabia. If you carry a Bible you will be arrested, so where is the religious freedom?

I am not talking about the ahmadiya, don't divert please. Saudi Arabia is the land of Mohammed and the most hostile country to the Jews and the Christians. Almost every Friday, Christians and Jews are cursed in their mosques, so why are you technically defending Islamic apartheid and evil orchestrated by Mohammed?

ha!

see loads of nonsense and strawman with so much aggressiveness; your campaign against Islam has turned you to something worse that you can't see the forest for trees

"church" I was referring to is the gathering of Christians not physical buildings, they allow it they just don't want you doing it publicly; that's why I made mention of Vatican city; show me a mosque in Vatican city

the problem humans generally have is that we always rely on the news 100% which is usually given to us with agenda in mind, this leads to painting certain places the way they want people to see it; you read extreme exaggerations of events and swallow it hook line and sinker BECAUSE you desperately want to believe its so

I have a Christian friend who WORKS in Saudi Arabia so I know what I'm talking about first hand and not some Google of anti Islamic blogs things people do; I learn about the country from the horse's mouth and he told me they're allowed to gather in privacy

You're allowed to bring bible into Saudi Arabia for your Personal use, you're allowed to walk holding it, you're allowed to read it (not read it out)

However, importing a quantity of bibles with the intent of converting Muslims away from Islam is against the law and may warrant harsh penalties; going about preaching any other religion is totally illegal

as for crucifix, I don't know but its safe to say you're totally wrong about that too since you failed woefully in the bible part; I'll ask him when we communicate next

like I said, you're allowed to gather and pray to your god but you need to make it as private as possible and you can't build cathedrals and buildings meant for other religions

and my point about Ahammadiyya is still valid! they're not even allowed into the country; they're more persecuted than Christians and that's a fact!

let me reiterate that I got these information firsthand
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 8:51am On Mar 20, 2017
true2god:
Like 90% of Muslims, the guy is deceptive for comparing the Vatican city (which is the largest church inside Rome, in Italy) to Saudi Arabia. Even the Qur'an had been read, many times, inside the Vatican city, though most Christians do not like the Catholic approach to the interfaith dialogue which is almost the easiest way of meeting Islamic demands in Europe and America.

see ignorance!!!!!

Vatican City is a country

as for the part where you referred to me as Muslim, I'm a Muslim, same way you're a Hindu
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 9:01am On Mar 20, 2017
I know where discussions like these usually leads

"Atheists are Muslims in disguise"

"atheists support Islam"

so let me make something clear here

I'm no supporter of Islam, I'm not in anyway saying Saudi Arabia is one of the most conducive environment for Christians after all atheism is totally illegal over there and they have apostasy laws and all

but I don't like the trend that has spread over the internet about places, trend of painting a place worse than it really is in order to score cheap points
this thing is also affecting Nigerians as almost every citizen in developed country quickly assume every Nigerian is a scammer just because of the few that do

trend of people assuming Africa is a jungle with a few negligible buildings

let us as humans embrace truth without exaggerating it
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by true2god: 10:50am On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

ha!

see loads of nonsense and strawman with so much aggressiveness; your campaign against Islam has turned you to something worse that you can't see the forest for trees

"church" I was referring to is the gathering of Christians not physical buildings, they allow it they just don't want you doing it publicly; that's why I made mention of Vatican city; show me a mosque in Vatican city

the problem humans generally have is that we always rely on the news 100% which is usually given to us with agenda in mind, this leads to painting certain places the way they want people to see it; you read extreme exaggerations of events and swallow it hook line and sinker BECAUSE you desperately want to believe its so

I have a Christian friend who WORKS in Saudi Arabia so I know what I'm talking about first hand and not some Google of anti Islamic blogs things people do; I learn about the country from the horse's mouth and he told me they're allowed to gather in privacy

You're allowed to bring bible into Saudi Arabia for your Personal use, you're allowed to walk holding it, you're allowed to read it (not read it out)

However, importing a quantity of bibles with the intent of converting Muslims away from Islam is against the law and may warrant harsh penalties; going about preaching any other religion is totally illegal

as for crucifix, I don't know but its safe to say you're totally wrong about that too since you failed woefully in the bible part; I'll ask him when we communicate next

like I said, you're allowed to gather and pray to your god but you need to make it as private as possible and you can't build cathedrals and buildings meant for other religions

and my point about Ahammadiyya is still valid! they're not even allowed into the country; they're more persecuted than Christians and that's a fact!

A typical Muslim denying his faith to appear 'neutral' in public space but spend his energy attacking Christianity while defending Islam. You are not the first person nor the last to engage in this 'business'.

As at 1920, the Vatican was part and parcel of Rome but attain autonomy (inside the city of Rome) in order to avoid the conflict of interest between the Italian govt and the Catholic church. The Vatican city is roughly the size of Lagos island, here in Nigeria and 100% church buildings and church offices where catholic churches are controlled worldwide.

Saudi Arabia is a county roughly as big as Nigeria with no single church. Historically, Christianity was in Saudi Arabia before Islam. Mohammed and his bandits expelled the Jews and Christians from Saudi Arabia (I can provide the hadith that sanctioned this religious cleansing action).

And your argument that Saudi Arabia allowed private Christian worship is an attempt by you to legitimize injustice and evil, which an average Arab-muslim is known for and they justified their actions using the Koran and the hadith. And fya, since Saudi Arabia do not allow a single church building, why do they spend billion of dollars for the construction of mosques in non-muslim lands? You will criminally spin it as usual.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 20, 2017
Religion strikes again
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by KingGBsky(m): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2017
That is the power of religion.
Take it or leave it. Time will come when people will have no choice than to protect what they believe in.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2017
true2god:
A typical Muslim denying his faith to appear 'neutral' in public space but spend his energy attacking Christianity while defending Islam. You are not the first person nor the last to engage in this 'business'.

As at 1920, the Vatican was part and parcel of Rome but attain autonomy (inside the city of Rome) in order to avoid the conflict of interest between the Italian govt and the Catholic church. The Vatican city is roughly the size of Lagos island, here in Nigeria and 100% church buildings and church offices where catholic churches are controlled worldwide.

Saudi Arabia is a county roughly as big as Nigeria with no single church. Historically, Christianity was in Saudi Arabia before Islam. Mohammed and his bandits expelled the Jews and Christians from Saudi Arabia (I can provide the hadith that sanctioned this religious cleansing action).

And your argument that Saudi Arabia allowed private Christian worship is an attempt by you to legitimize injustice and evil, which an average Arab-muslim is known for and they justified their actions using the Koran and the hadith. And fya, since Saudi Arabia do not allow a single church building, why do they spend billion of dollars for the construction of mosques in non-muslim lands? You will criminally spin it as usual.

you keep calling me Muslim to score some cheap points but who cares

you're moving off a tangent because I've rendered all your point invalid; let's review your statements so far again

1. If you carry a Bible you will be arrested

I've proven this to be totally false, you're free to read and carry your bible anywhere, so long you don't read it out loud or go about trying to convert Muslims

http://www.snopes.com/punishment-reading-bible-saudi-arabia/

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/saudi-arabia/local-laws-and-customs

when you visit the last site, kindly search for the word "Bible" and see the rules concerning bible in Saudi Arabia

2 If you wear a crucifix you will be arrested in Saudi Arabia"

I believe this is also false since you got the bible part totally wrong, though I have no proof yet cuz I haven't discussed crucifix part with my friend in Saudi Arabia

I'm concentrating on Saudi and Saudi alone and all the info I gave in the post you quoted are straight from someone living there and who's a Christian and not the googling you guys do

I brought up Vatican City (thank your god for Google, you now know Vatican is a country not a "substate" like you previously thought it was)

I'm not "Spinning" anything, I'm stating fact, I'm not even arguing here, I'm educating you

let me agree something with you here, Saudi Arabia does not allow religious freedom, I fully agree

what I'm however stating here is that its definitely not as restrictive as mainstream media and Christian organisations portray them
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2017
SirWere:
Religion strikes again
religion is evil
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by JackBizzle: 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

ha!

true2god was telling the truth.

bibles and crucifix aint allowed in saudi. religious police will get you.

from a fellow atheist, bros stop the lies

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

true2god was telling the truth.

bibles and crucifix aint allowed in saudi. religious police will get you.

from a fellow atheist, bros stop the lies

digest

most of those stories you hear about Saudi Arabia are exaggerations

NB, I made it clear that I have a Nigerian friend living in Saudi Arabia and he's a Christian; unless he's lying to me which he has no reason to
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by jonbellion(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
true2god:
Islamic lies are indefensible and the only way to prevent critical examination of Islam is crude violence by the radicals, while the so-called moderate Muslims pay lip service to the terrors of Islamic radicals.

Mohammed, the founder of Islam, had 100% knowledge of the modus operandi of Islam. He said and I quote: I have been made victorious by means of terror (sahih Bukhari 4:52:220).
the funny thing about that stupid religion is that in countries that are the minority the Muslims shout for minority rights
But in countries that they are the majority there are no minority rights
Very barbaric religion
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2017
jonbellion:
the funny thing about that stupid religion is that in countries that are the minority the Muslims shout for minority rights
But in countries that they are the majority there are no minority rights
Very barbaric religion

all these stupid rules they have in Islamic countries are applied because they know their religion would not attract followers. Their followers faith is so weak that they need these rules to maintain the number Muslims.
Without these rules, the number of Muslims today would be so much fewer.

Islam is not a practical religion in today's era. We have come so far since medieval times to practice their barbaric law(amputation) and traditions(rules about halal food). Islamic law is not viable and impractical to be practiced in the scientific ages.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by JackBizzle: 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

digest

most of those stories you hear about Saudi Arabia are exaggerations

NB, I made it clear that I have a Nigerian friend living in Saudi Arabia and he's a Christian; unless he's lying to me which he has no reason to

Muslims or non-Muslims wearing religious symbols of any kind in public risk confrontation with the Mutawwa'in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_religion_in_Saudi_Arabia

The Government has stated publicly, including before the U.N. Committee on Human Rights in Geneva, that its policy is to protect the right of non-Muslims to worship privately. However, non-Muslim organizations have claimed that there are no explicit guidelines for distinguishing between public and private worship,
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2017
I just wanted to make a comment based on the title. I didn't want to see the pic, yet I scrolled and saw the graphic pic. I had to quickly scroll past that! Oh my! I must say, I can't get that image out of my mind! That was the most heinous, grotesque, sick, demonic, and animalistic pic I've ever seen. Humans shouldn't look at that and be numbed to that.
Regardless of what one's belief is (and even through the mockers and revilers), no human deserves to be murdered like that.
Sincere love for Christ is what restrains demonic behavior like that.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Muslims or non-Muslims wearing religious symbols of any kind in public risk confrontation with the Mutawwa'in

The Government has stated publicly, including before the U.N. Committee on Human Rights in Geneva, that its policy is to protect the right of non-Muslims to worship privately. However, non-Muslim organizations have claimed that there are no explicit guidelines for distinguishing between public and private worship,

your first point is that bibles and crucifix are not allowed; apparently you've now known the bible part at least to be totally false

difference between my point and yours? you're quoting Wikipedia while I gave you a UK government owned website giving instructions to English citizens that might be travelling to Saudi Arabia and I also gave you a website that challenges misconceptions to also buttress that

despite my link being more credible than yours, I still won't wave away your point; what distinguishes private from public are simply

1. not to be so loud that people asides those worshipping with you can hear you

2. not to go around preaching

3. not to attempt to convert anyone that's a Muslim away from Islam

once you don't violate any of these three conditions, you're okay, you can bring bible into Saudi Arabia so long it's ONLY for your private use, you can move around with your bible, you can read it in public so long you don't read it out

the above are what I know from a Christian living and working in Saudi Arabia

let me add the same disclaimer, I'm not in any way saying Saudi Arabia encourages religious freedom, NO!; What I'm saying is that its not as bad as mainstream media portrays them and that's a fact!
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

your first point is that bibles and crucifix are not allowed; apparently you've now known the bible part at least to be totally false

difference between my point and yours? you're quoting Wikipedia while I gave you a UK government owned website giving instructions to English citizens that might be travelling to Saudi Arabia and I also gave you a website that challenges misconceptions to also buttress that

despite my link being more credible than yours, I still won't wave away your point; what distinguishes private from public are simply

once you don't violate any of these three conditions, you're okay, you can bring bible into Saudi Arabia so long it's ONLY for your private use, you can move around with your bible, you can read it in public so long you don't read it out

let me add the same disclaimer, I'm not in any way saying Saudi Arabia encourages religious freedom, NO!; What I'm saying is that its not as bad as mainstream media portrays them and that's a fact!
Saudi Arabia is as bad as anyone could imagine. They behead more people than ISIS.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by JackBizzle: 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

You talk (write) too much.

Furthermore, an official from the Saudi Consulate in New York, who declined to identify herself, said that foreigners wanting to bring a Bible or wearing a crucifix or Star of David around their neck would face problems with Saudi authorities.

"You are not allowed to bring that stuff into the kingdom," she said, according to the Post Wednesday. "If you do, they will take it away," she warned.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/bibles.crucifixes.not.allowed.into.saudi.arabia/12310.htm

And please, don't be that kind of liberal that bends over to defend islam. You say that the media exaggerates the intolerance in saudi arabia. FALSE! The media under-reports it actually. Saudi Arabia is actually one of the worst places to be a religious minority and they get away with it due to Americas need for Saudi oil deals and contracts.
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by Pastafarian: 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

You talk (write) too much.

Furthermore, an official from the Saudi Consulate in New York, who declined to identify herself, said that foreigners wanting to bring a Bible or wearing a crucifix or Star of David around their neck would face problems with Saudi authorities.

"You are not allowed to bring that stuff into the kingdom," she said, according to the Post Wednesday. "If you do, they will take it away," she warned.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/bibles.crucifixes.not.allowed.into.saudi.arabia/12310.htm

And please, don't be that kind of liberal that bends over to defend islam. You say that the media exaggerates the intolerance in saudi arabia. FALSE! The media under-reports it actually. Saudi Arabia is actually one of the worst places to be a religious minority and they get away with it due to Americas need for Saudi oil deals and contracts.

And you just talked (wrote) a lot without saying anything

So opinion of someone who did not identify herself (anonymous) and whose story is on a Christian owned website is somehow to be taken as fact and not the UK government telling its citizens that its okay to take Personal Bibles to UK? Maybe the UK government is okay with their citizens being punished in foreign countries for doing things they said its okay for citizens to do; this anonymous opinion on a Christian website it's somehow also more valid than that of a Christian friend I have working in Saudi Arabia right now; I hope you're not having an extreme case of confirmation bias cuz that's what it looks like judging by your googling and presenting biased facts that seems to buttress your already held prejudice

You're one of the people being corrected here http://www.snopes.com/punishment-reading-bible-saudi-arabia/

Can you tell me in what way I've defended Islam here? Did any of my points so far show that I am somehow claiming Islam is okay or that Saudi Arabia is very conducive to Christians? Sounds like strawman; Saudi Arabia is one of the countries with horrible religious freedom, fact! I've made this clear on this thread time and again; I'm only correcting this trend of generalisations, exaggerations flowing around and no one has been able to give me credible fact that contradicts that and not just Wikipedia and hearsay from Christian websites
Re: Atheist Killed After Posting Criticisms Of Religion On Social Media (graphic Pic by JackBizzle: 11:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
Pastafarian:

And you just talked (wrote) a lot without saying anything

So opinion of someone who did not identify herself (anonymous) and whose story is on a Christian owned website is somehow to be taken as fact and not the UK government telling its citizens that its okay to take Personal Bibles to UK? Maybe the UK government is okay with their citizens being punished in foreign countries for doing things they said its okay for citizens to do; this anonymous opinion on a Christian website it's somehow also more valid than that of a Christian friend I have working in Saudi Arabia right now; I hope you're not having an extreme case of confirmation bias cuz that's what it looks like judging by your googling and presenting biased facts that seems to buttress your already held prejudice

You're one of the people being corrected here http://www.snopes.com/punishment-reading-bible-saudi-arabia/

Can you tell me in what way I've defended Islam here? Did any of my points so far show that I am somehow claiming Islam is okay or that Saudi Arabia is very conducive to Christians? Sounds like strawman; Saudi Arabia is one of the countries with horrible religious freedom, fact! I've made this clear on this thread time and again; I'm only correcting this trend of generalisations, exaggerations flowing around and no one has been able to give me credible fact that contradicts that and not just Wikipedia and hearsay from Christian websites

You talk too much and go off point.

My point has always been that you were lying-

bibles and crucifixes are not allowed. Fact. I even ignored the fact that you lied about church being allowed in Saudi, then quickly pivoted to lying that you meant "a gathering of christians" and not physical church- which is still illegal and worse in Saudi. An informal gathering of christians in Saudi? lmao.

Furthermore, I never said that there was capital punishment for having bibles or crucifixes. You are the one strawmaning here. Also, you clearly said that the media exaggerates the religious intolerance in Saudi which is a lie or at best, biased because Saudi is one of the worst countries when it comes to intolerance, it would be hard to exaggerate something that is already extreme.

I didn't want to argue too much that is why I didnt even bother with your attacking of my sources. I hope you know that the wikipedia article on religious intolerance in Saudi is well referenced?

If you want better sources here you are;

Religious symbols of any kind are not allowed to be worn in public. Muslims or non-Muslims wearing religious symbols in public risk confrontation with the Mutaween.
Although individuals can generally bring personal bibles into the country without difficulty, there have been reports of such items being confiscated

http://www.expatarrivals.com/article/religion-and-worship-in-saudi-arabia

The fact remains that the law does not expressly prohibits bibles but the law is wide enough to get your bible confiscated or you going to prison. As for crucifixes and other religious symbols, the law is clear on that.

Good night

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easter: Governor Okowa Tasks Christians On Love, Peaceful Co-existence / How Do You See This? Pastor Oyedepo's Wife Kneeling Down To Greet Pastor Adeboye / Extending A Handshake To Babs And Belloti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.