Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. (1171 Views)

Sansa Of Tife Sexual Abuse Allegations Gets Married / Twitter Guy Give Out Advice After A Girl Tried To Harass Him In A Club(Images) / Is It Wrong If I Ask A Guy Out???? (advice Please ). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 19, 2017
I met Catherine sometime in 2015 at a Banking hall. Didn't notice her till her purse fell close to my feet. She moved to pick it but since it was much closer to me, i bent over to pick it for her. In the process a phone i kept in my pocket dropped to the ground.
She picked the phone before i had had time to do it having already picked her purse.
We got talking afterwards and became friends.
We chatted mostly but spoke occasionally.
Couple of months later she invited me over for her birthday and i went with a friend.
I have little faith in love at first sight. My friend got carried away by her charm and beauty. After the party he followed me home just for the privilege of getting me tell him all i knew about her.
Two days later she called me to talk about my friend. It was obvious he had been trying to woo her. Told her all she needed to know and gave her my blessings. That was the last time i heard from her for a long time. I also saw very little of my friend afterwards.
Few months later she called to tell me my friend just proposed to her.
To cut a long story short. In less than two months from that call, she got sexually abused. It wasn't unconnected to a private firm she worked for. She tried covering this up but my friend got to know and broke up with her.
It was at this point she called me to explain what happened. She had hoped i do talk to my friend. I did but there wasn't much i could do to get him back to her. She made him accept a no premarital sex relationship only to get abused herself.
As if that wasn't enough, few weeks later the same assault reoccurred. I urged her to report the incidence but she was scared of losing her job.
It happens she is the breadwinner of her family. Two aged parents to cater for and three siblings in the university.
She lives in the company's staff quarters but her family live in a rented apartment elsewhere in town that she pays for.
There has been attempts to get her another job but there was none that could pay nearly as much as she needed to pay house rent not to talk of tuition fees of her siblings.
The sexual harassment has continued ever since but she hoped to hang on the job to see her siblings through school at least before resigning.
Just last week she suffered the worst assault ever where she lived in which she sustained injuries while resisting her attacker. It was her Boss doing all these.

I am of the opinion we set up her attacker and sue with the evidence arising from the set up. It is hoped the money could help her cater for her family after she takes up another job with lower pay but the problem is that the court process could take a very long time during which her siblings could drop out of school.

Does anybody here have any useful experience or ideas on what could be done in a situation like this?.
Only helpful suggestions are needed please.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by searchng4love: 4:27am On Mar 19, 2017
When you are ready to elaborate on this attacker... How the attack occurred​.... Where it occurred...Create another thread...We might just be able to help. Till then you have said nothing....
Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2017
Mtcheeeew!.

What i have given is quite adequate for anyone that has anything to offer.

Reached a decision on this at a time i had less info than i've given here. Just wanted to hear from others to know if there are better alternatives.
Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
hmmmm, this is serious. Still thinking. angry
Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Medunah: 5:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
The said boss, is he the owner of the company??

If not, she should get enough evidences and report him to the board of directors or someone above the 'said boss. That way, she can't lose her job.

And if he his the owner of the company, she should report to the police with the evidences or all these human rights activists and get a lawyer. They should be able to do something about it and she should stop worrying about losing d job cos for how long is going to endure?? Till she dies??

The main thing is she should get solid evidences so it wouldn't be just her word against his
Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 20, 2017
Medunah:
The said boss, is he the owner of the company??

If not, she should get enough evidences and report him to the board of directors or someone above the 'said boss. That way, she can't lose her job.

And if he his the owner of the company, she should report to the police with the evidences or all these human rights activists and get a lawyer. They should be able to do something about it and she should stop worrying about losing d job cos for how long is going to endure?? Till she dies??

The main thing is she should get solid evidences so it wouldn't be just her word against his

Thanks for this valuable contribution. Good reasoning.
I thought very much like you and came up with my plans.
The said Boss owns the company.
It's for the lack of concrete evidence that i came up with the plan to set him up.
I am now acquiring security gadgets to be installed in strategic places where she lives and a means to keep them working on event of power failure.
Just hope to get through with these soon enough to free myself from her disturbances and give her the Peace that has eluded her for long.

2 Likes

Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Chidonc(m): 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
no setup works better than a deliberate one, let her play along if she wants to get him hooked.
Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 22, 2017
Chidonc:
no setup works better than a deliberate one, let her play along if she wants to get him hooked.
Thanks for your contribution. it's appreciated.

However, i feel playing along could be seen as a sign of complicity.
We really believe the same scenario that had played out in the past will repeat itself and used as evidence to prove past attacks.
We understand the dangers of another assault and have put measures in place for a rescue at the press of a button and immediate arrest of the attacker.
Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
Sincere4u:

Thanks for your contribution. it's appreciated.

However, i feel playing along could be seen as a sign of complicity.
We really believe the same scenario that had played out in the past will repeat itself and used as evidence to prove past attacks.
We understand the dangers of another assault and have put measures in place for a rescue at the press of a button and immediate arrest of the attacker.
Good move, good plan.
Wish you luck. I know you got my message.

1 Like

Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 24, 2017
thornapple:

Good move, good plan.
Wish you luck. I know you got my message.
Yeah, you can clearly see from the plans your ideas were incorporated. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, A Victim Of Sexual Abuse And Harassment Cries Out. Advice Needed. by Virus777: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
No advice to give as it's obvious the lady is enjoying the so-called sexual assault.

How can someone assault you sexually the first time, second time and multiple times after that and you hang claiming you have bills to pay and fear losing your job. You're simply a prostitute and you're enjoying the sex escapade. Enjoy it while it lasts.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Searched Sex Positions By State: Study Reveals / Follow my Channel for intriguing Facts / Guys, Can You Do This????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.