Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,345 members, 7,811,994 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja (6600 Views)

Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Lai Mohammed & Rotimi Amaechi Inspect NRC Proposed Head Office / Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 11:35am On Mar 19, 2017
Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-Igbo – Having A Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja Will Not Make You Int’l Business Person – Praises Nnewi People For Their Think Home Mentality {Must Read}

Former CBN governor Professor Chukwuma Soludo speaking at the 3rd Anniversary of Governor Willie Obiano says…“The narrative that you need to have the head office of your business in Lagos or Abuja to be national or international is also false. In today’s ICT-driven business world, location is becoming irrelevant for administrative purposes.

Our Nnewi brothers insisted on the Nnewi brand since the 1970s and the world has taken notice.

We now need the Anambra brand— and bring the world to Anambra! The history of emerging and dying cities show that no force, not even the rate of return on investment, can stop a people determined to write a new song for themselves. We must therefore stop reading the Book of Lamentations and star singing the songs of Solomon!”
Source>>>>http://www.newsflashngr.com/2017/03/19/prof-chukwuma-soludo-to-ndi-igbo-having-a-head-office-in-lagos-or-abuja-will-not-make-you-intl-business-person-praises-nnewi-people-for-their-think-home-mentality-must-read/
CC: lalasticlala can we make it to the promise land?

8 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by ayindejimmy(m): 11:36am On Mar 19, 2017
This man go school so?

#Modified

Pardon my blunt question.

I know he's a professor and all

But it's not every educated men that are knowledgeable.

Everyone knows it's the nature and target of your business that'll determine where the headquarter is situated.
Why put your headquarter somewhere because of ethnic bigotry if it makes no business sense?

I just want to make common sense

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 11:39am On Mar 19, 2017
ayindejimmy:
This man go school so?
he's a prof. why are you asking?

27 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 19, 2017
who'll patronize em lyk d westerners.....

Na only lagos and Abj dem fit succeed....bcuz of d hatred ndigbo av 4 eachother wen one is succeeding dan d other.....

17 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 11:47am On Mar 19, 2017
Sharming95:

Na only lagos and Abj dem fit succeed....bcuz of d hatred ndigbo av 4 eachother wen one is succeeding dan d other.....
c;mon man how dare you say that about my precious tribe?

21 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by aribisala0(m): 11:47am On Mar 19, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:
he's a prof. why are you asking?
Where is he a prof. Which University?

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by thesicilian: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2017
ayindejimmy:
This man go school so?
His CV alone will make you dizzy. This guy is one of the few geniuses we have left in this country, and anytime you hear him speak, you should stop whatever you are doing and listen.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2017
Exactly

This is the only sensible Biafra Igbos can fight right now

Create manufacturing business in the east to help create an economy and then sell to other regions

This will be a massive game changer

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 11:54am On Mar 19, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:

Even your own location reads Abuja!!

18 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 11:56am On Mar 19, 2017
krendo:
Exactly

This is the only sensible Biafra Igbos can fight right now

Create manufacturing business in the east to help create an economy and then sell to other regions

This will be a massive game changer

You will never be competitive, you need proximity to your source of raw materials and to your markets, igboland as a landlocked region have the disadvantage of the two

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2017
thesicilian:
His CV alone will make you dizzy. This guy is one of the few geniuses we have left in this country, and anytime you hear him speak, you should stop whatever you are doing and listen.

The guy asked a very valid question that only a discerning mind not high on visceral thinking can process

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by omenkaLives(m): 11:58am On Mar 19, 2017
ayindejimmy:
This man go school so?
Wrong question. The right question should be; how many companies of his are headquartered in Igboland? cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
aribisala0:
He's a professor from UNN. He's a successful consultant to so many institutions and organisations. He founded African Center for Applied Economics. He wrote the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS) which formed the development strategy during Obasanjo civilian era. I don't always agree with Soludo but I listen to whatever he says.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
aribisala0:
you sound like someone visiting this mother earth for the first time, or are you a new born baby

14 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by naijafella(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
Professor of Igbo Sentiments, Chukwuma Soludo abi na Solution sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by BasirudeenAjayi: 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 12:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

Even your own location reads Abuja!!
but i have my business headquarter in Awka, Anambra state

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by thesicilian: 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

The guy asked a very valid question that only a discerning mind not high on visceral thinking can process
Yet another highfalutin semantically null statement.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by nwabobo: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
ayindejimmy:
This man go school so?

Check below for the answer to your question

I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone. From my very humble beginnings, it is only through the grace of God that I could have earned a Distinction grade at the secondary school; a B.Sc (First Class Honours) (Economics); an M.Sc. and a Ph.D (Economics) winning Departmental, Faculty and University awards as best graduating student at the University of Nigeria. I had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training and research in some of the world’s best institutions including the Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Oxford, UK; University of Warwick, UK; Cambridge University as Smuts scholar; UN Economic Commission for Africa; the IMF Research Department, etc. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (FCIB); Fellow of the Nigerian Economic Society (FNES), and awarded Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) (Honoris Causa) from three Universities. 

I was visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College, USA, and promoted Professor of Economics at the age of 38 (University of Nigeria, Nsukka). I lived and worked in Ethiopia, U.K., and the USA and travelled to 45 other countries before joining Government in 2003. As consultant to 18 international organizations (including the World Bank, IMF, OECD Paris, European Union, African Union, USAID, UK-DFID, ADB, IBM Consulting, USA; IDRC Canada; Chemonics International, USA;  United Nations, UNIDO, ECOWAS, COMESA, CODESRIA, UNCTAD; AERC Nairobi) I garnered wide ranging experiences and knowledge. I was also the founding Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics, Enugu. I have to my credit over 80 scholarly publications, 15 books, and over 250 monographs, conference papers and public lectures.

At the Federal Government (2003 – 2009), I held five substantive positions: Chief Economic Adviser to the President; Deputy Chairman/Chief Executive of the National Planning Commission (of ministerial rank by law); Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria; Chairman, Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company (NSPM), Plc; Founder and Chairman, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), as well as membership of more than 25 technical/policy committees. These assignments saw us draft the Government’s reform agenda (National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy, NEEDS); massively restructured nonperforming government institutions; rebuilt the CBN and NSPM; revolutionalized the Nigerian banking/financial system; set up a new international financial institution, AFC, and helped to steer the Nigerian economy away from the global financial crisis. For these accomplishments, I have been decorated with scores of awards, including being awarded the African and Global Central Bank Governor of the year, 2006 by the Banker (Financial Times) and the Financial Times of London has described me as “a great reformer”. The Federal Government has conferred the third highest national honour (Commander of the Federal Republic, CFR) on me in 2006--- in recognition of accomplished performance.

Recently, I have served as a member of the United Nations Commission of Experts on the Global Economic and Financial Crisis. Also, I have served as a member of the International Advisory Group for the UK- DFID, and still member of the 7- man Chief Economist Advisory Council of the World Bank.  Immediately after completing my tenure of office as Governor of the Central Bank, I have accepted three international offers.

I served the Federal Government of Nigeria under two Presidents and below are excerpts of what each had to say about my services to Nigeria:

“Charles Soludo is a true Nigerian. He is the sort of Nigerian that we all know we can rely on. Among his numerous virtues is COURAGE. I have found in him a man who can take tough and realistic decisions, stand his ground, educate others on the salience of his decision, and work very hard to ensure that the decision is efficiently and effectively implemented. His dedication to duty is first rate. His leadership qualities are admirable and his willingness to listen and learn is simply infectious.
Professor Soludo has within a short time emerged as one of the leading lights of our nation. Not because he has a godfather but by sheer hard work, loyalty, dedication to duty, commitment to the nation, creativity, and undiluted association with the reform agenda, ”. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR (December, 2004)

President Yar’Adua had the following the say about the CBN under my leadership:

“… the CBN has performed creditably well in delivering on its core mandates. This is especially even more so in the last five years. Most people would agree that without the successful banking consolidation and effective management of our foreign reserves, the current global crisis would have shaken the financial system and our national economy to their foundations with calamitous consequences”; President Yar’Adua (May 2009).

In the President’s letter of commendation after completion of my tenure of office, the President had the following to say:

“As your tenure as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria comes to a glorious end, I write on behalf of the Government and people of Nigeria to place on record our debt of gratitude to you for your dedicated service and uncommon sense of duty over the past five years. I am confident that your worthy antecedents in the CBN and in prior appointments in the service of our nation remain sources of inspiration to an entire generation. As I wish you even more astounding successes in the years ahead, it is my fervent hope that you will readily avail us of your distinguished service when the need arises in the future” (June 2009).

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by nwabobo: 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
Sharming95:

So you think it's the westerners that consume imports coming through Laos? Smh.

Most of the products imported into Nigeria head to the North and neighbouring west and central African countries. Most of my big time customers come from Niger, Chad and Mali.

13 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:
but i have my business headquarter in Awka, Anambra state

Story story oooh grin

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by malton: 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
grin

Soludo just wants to score a point with IPOB.

He wants to become Governor, so needs all the IPOB votes he can get.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Smoothie01(f): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
Now this is a step in the right direction

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
thesicilian:

Yet another highfalutin semantically null statement.

I will ask you a very simply question, what infrastructure and logistics are present in igboland for nestoil, coscharis or even Capital oil to move to Anambra?
Even to hold an ordinary business meeting with HQ bank executives, they will need to fly down to Lagos?
Soludo is simply just doing the populist rubbish, we know it all has to do with 2019 elections. He was once the cbn governor, did he ever talk all these or make policies that can easily facilitate such?
I don't fancy pretentious people and soludo is sounding like one already

8 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by aribisala0(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:
you sound like someone visiting this mother earth for the first time, or are you a new born baby
Simple question.Where is he a professor.No need for useless proverbs

6 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:
sowie ooo.....
in btw.....Girl yhu beautifully endowed....

Hope yhu ain't taking......

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by aribisala0(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
kITATITA:

He's a professor from UNN. He's a successful consultant to so many institutions and organisations. He founded African Center for Applied Economics. He wrote the National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (NEEDS) which formed the development strategy during Obasanjo civilian era. I don't always agree with Soludo but I listen to whatever he says.
Many of you are illiterate and have no understanding what a Professor is. I asked where is he a Prof not whether he won Nobel price or invented the internet.
WHERE IS HE A PROF

Is he on the staff of UNN?
A Professorship is not a chieftaincy title and so if you do not have tenure you are not a professor.. He was a professor but to the best of y knowledge he does not hold tenure anywhere.Nigerians need to get away from this quackery. To that extent the likes of Osinbajo,Akunyuli, Soyinka and so on should not be called Professors the oment their tenure ends and even where they are granted Emeritus status that should be made clear

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by tchimatic(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
The Prof. has spoken!!!!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by nwabobo: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

I will ask you a very simply question, what infrastructure and logistics are present in igboland for nestoil, coscharis or even Capital oil to move to Anambra?
Even to hold an ordinary business meeting with HQ bank executives, they will need to fly down to Lagos?
Soludo is simply just doing the populist rubbish, we know it all has to do with 2019 elections. He was once the cbn governor, did he ever talk all these or make policies that can easily facilitate such?
I don't fancy pretentious people and soludo is sounding like one already

Who needs to fly to attend a business meeting in this age of conference calling? Smh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

Story story oooh grin
you can come to Awka and verify, that you saw abuja there is becos i had my secondary school education there, my parents also there but that does not mean i should do my business there too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Emycord: 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
ayindejimmy:
This man go school so?
cos he spoke against federal policy that has seen biafrans invests outside biafra land. You will soon tag him a patriot when he ask biafrans to invest all over nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
nwabobo:

Who needs to fly to attend a business meeting in this age of conference calling? Smh

So you don't have face to face meetings with your bankers?
Are you sure you know how things are run ?
Every Igbo here claim being a successful business person, but comments like yours here clearly depicit a trader

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Even Tinubu Or Anybody Cannot Stop This Man From Becoming President! / Buhari,Atiku Not Educated Enough To Rule Nigeria,Says Olawepo-Hashim / RUGA: Why Do Northerners Caution And Threaten Only Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.