Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja (6638 Views)

Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents / Lai Mohammed & Rotimi Amaechi Inspect NRC Proposed Head Office / Biafra: Zionists Form Interim Government, Utomi, Nwodo, Soludo, Gana Make List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
aribisala0:
Simple question.Where is he a professor.No need for useless proverbs
how can you call that a simple question? you answer it yourself
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:
you can come to Awka and verify, that you saw abuja there is becos i had my secondary school education there, my parents also there but that does not mean i should do my business there too.

I've seen your profile pix already and I have a fair idea of what your "business" is, but sorry i don't patronise your kind of business.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
aribisala0:
Many of you are illiterate and have no understanding what a Professor is. I asked where is he a Prof not whether he won Nobel price or invented the internet.
WHERE IS HE A PROF

Is he on the staff of UNN?
You may need to re-evaluate your own literacy. Does a Professor stop being a professor if he leaves permanent employment in an institution? Professors Bolaji Akinyemi, Akin Mabogunje, Ben Nwabueze, Barth Nnaji, etc haven't ceased being professors because they are no longer actively involved in teaching.

9 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
Sharming95:
sowie ooo.....
in btw.....Girl yhu beautifully endowed....

Hope yhu ain't taking......
hmm am taking taken
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by aribisala0(m): 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2017
kITATITA:

You may need to re-evaluate your own literacy. Does a Professor stop being a professor if he leaves permanent employment in an institution? Professors Bolaji Akinyemi, Akin Mabogunje, Ben Nwabueze, Barth Nnaji, etc haven't ceased being professors because they are no longer actively involved in teaching.
GBAM!! Not because they are no longer involved in teaching, they may well be but if they are no longer tenured or occupying a Professorial Chair they cease to be a Professor

Yes they stop being professors. That is exactly the point!!!

A professorship is not a qualification. It is an appointment to a Chair( UK ,comonwealth and Nigeria) or Tenure (US) just like Coach or captain of Super Eagles when you leave people may call you captain or coach out of respect but reality is what it is

. In that regard ( being an appointment) it is no different fro Vice Chancellor. It is not a chieftaincy title or a honorary title. It is a JOB.

Not everyone who is qualified to be a professor is made a professor because it costs money and there is often a limited number of Chairs. I remember that recently Pastor Adeboye paid for a chair at UNN I Think. If that money goes the chair disappears and the occupant is no longer a Prof but in Nigeria our obsession with titles has distorted the academic culture and people like Osinbajo go about claiming to be a Prof. Truth is he no longer is a Prof

No Chair/tenure no professorship. It is that simple. That is why universities create Emeritus Professorships to honour those whom they wish to honour who no longer have tenure

LEARNING POINT

What is a Professorial Chair or Tenure.

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:
hmm am taking taken

Lol, you are not even sure! grin

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by yanabasee(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
aribisala0:
Where is he a prof. Which University?

I don't think you took your time to read the post up there...

He raised valid points...

You can never succeed by always making your neighbor's compound ur home...

If the Igbos want to actualize the Biafran dream, they should stop building head-offices at Lagos and Abuja...

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by nwabobo: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

So you don't have face to face meetings with your bankers?
Are you sure you know how things are run ?
Every Igbo here claim being a successful business person, but comments like yours here clearly depicit a trader

Here he comes again with that outdated tune. You don't have to hold a face to face meeting with anybody mate. Stop living in the stone age.

In developed climes, banks are closing branches and concentrating on IT powered channels of transaction and you are here talking of meeting. If needs be, don't the banks have regional heads for crying out loud?

11 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
nwabobo:

Here he comes again with that outdated tune. You don't have to hold a face to face meeting with anybody mate. Stop living in the stone age.

In developed climes, banks are closing branches and concentrating on IT powered channels of transaction and you are here talking of meeting. If needs be, don't the banks have regional heads for crying out loud?

Sunny, you no make an iota of sense.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by greatnation2: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote r=loopman post=54736090]

Story story oooh grin[/quote]
Ibeto group
Innoson group
Chicason group
Orient petroleum
Dozzy group
Eastern Distilleries etc
All have their head offices in Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by aribisala0(m): 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
yanabasee:

I don't think you took your time to read the post up there...

He raised valid points...

You can never succeed by always making your neighbor's compound ur home...

If the Igbos want to actualize the Biafran dream, they should stop building head-offices at Lagos and Abuja...
I asked a different question ,I am not here to discuss Igbo dreams or nightmares

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
greatnation2:

Ibeto group
Innoson group
Chicason group
Orient petroleum
Dozzy group
Eastern Distilleries etc
All have their head office in Anambra

These are basically eastern based companies that serve the east. They are hardly known outside of that side

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by yanabasee(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
aribisala0:
I asked a different question ,I am not here to discuss Igbo dreams or nightmares

Is that even normal?

Here's a post to discuss and you asked a different question.....
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

I've seen your profile pix already and I have a fair idea of what your "business" is, but sorry i don't patronise your kind of business.
that's cool is your choice

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by sweetsandy4luv(f): 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

Lol, you are not even sure! grin
says who undecided
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
embarassed
sweetsandy4luv:
hmm am taking taken
cry.......
Wat a late comer ayam
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by aribisala0(m): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
yanabasee:

Is that even normal?

Here's a post to discuss and you asked a different question.....

I asked a question based on what someone posted on the thread, i.e we should take his opinions more seriously BECAUSE he is a professor

I did not ask about the digestive system of Bengali Tigers or how many times the International Space station rotates around the earth in 24 hours !! I did not ask about the advantages of Ewedu compared to Ogbono
I think that is quite normal .

The question is whether YOU are normal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by nwabobo: 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

Sunny, you no make an iota of sense.

OK.
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by greatnation2: 12:59pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

These are basically eastern based companies that serve the east. They are hardly known outside of that side
So you don't see Az oil in your region or Innoson can you Google the companies products Nigeria doesn't start and end in southwest, eastern industries distribute their goods to middle belt, core North, southsouth even beyond

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by yanabasee(m): 1:00pm On Mar 19, 2017
aribisala0:
I asked a question based on what someone posted on the thread, i.e we should take his opinions more seriously BECAUSE he is a professor

I did not ask about the digestive system of Bengali Tigers or how many times the International Space station rotates around the eath in 24 hours !! I did not ask about the advantages of Ewedu compared to Ogbono
I think that is quite normal .

The question is whether YOU are normal

Yeah i'm Normal.... More normal than you would ever be... Thanks for asking!
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by thesicilian: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

I will ask you a very simply question, what infrastructure and logistics are present in igboland for nestoil, coscharis or even Capital oil to move to Anambra?
Even to hold an ordinary business meeting with HQ bank executives, they will need to fly down to Lagos?
Soludo is simply just doing the populist rubbish, we know it all has to do with 2019 elections. He was once the cbn governor, did he ever talk all these or make policies that can easily facilitate such?
I don't fancy pretentious people and soludo is sounding like one already
Soludo may have political ambitions now, but this is how I have always known him to speak, ever since I first met him around 2005 or so. He's is both a national and an ethnic patriot, and I admire both. And I don't know about you or others, the way I was trained is to in most cases look beyond the personality of the speaker and listen to the message being passes across itself: Yes, you may have gone to Lagos, Abuja or even Manhattan to build up your global brand, but please come back home to develop your land and make it as palatable as where you are now. In this digital age where you can video-conference with delegates of multinational conglomerates at the push of a button, and fly private to anywhere in the country, do you think locating your headquarters in Aba or Imo or Nsukka is really going to be that bad for business?
Imagine 70% of the Igbo businesses moving back to the east from Lagos, do you think the east will remain developmentally the same in 5 to 10yrs time?

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
greatnation2:

So you don't see Az oil in your region or Innoson can you Google the companies products Nigeria doesn't start and end in southwest, eastern industries distribute their goods to middle belt, core North, southsouth even beyond

I don't see them. I've only seen IMV product in lagos twice, one staff bus of silverbird and another staff bus of SON ( when Joseph Odumodu, an Anambra Igbo man was the DG)

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
thesicilian:

Soludo may have political ambitions now, but this is how I have always known him to speak, ever since I first met him around 2005 or so. He's is both a national and an ethnic patriot, and I admire both. And I don't know about you or others, the way I was trained is to in most cases look beyond the personality of the speaker and listen to the message being passes across itself: Yes, you may have gone to Lagos, Abuja or even Manhattan to build up your global brand, but please come back home to develop your land and make it as palatable as where you are now. In this digital age where you can video-conference with delegates of multinational conglomerates at the push of a button, and fly private to anywhere in the country, do you think locating your headquarters in Aba or Imo or Nsukka is really going to be that bad for business?
Imagine 70% of the Igbo businesses moving back to the east from Lagos, do you think the east will remain developmentally the same in 5 to 10yrs time?

Ok, good luck in your endeavor,

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2017
sweetsandy4luv:
that's cool is your choice

By the way, your written English sucks badly..
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by thesicilian: 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

Ok, good luck in your endeavor,
Amen.
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by greatnation2: 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
loopman:

I don't see them. I've only seen IMV product in lagos twice, one staff bus of silverbird and another staff bus of SON ( when Joseph Odumodu, an Anambra Igbo man was the DG)
Sorry you're not well informed, I live in Lagos I see eastern products almost every day Tummy tummy noodles, Juhel pharmaceutical, Evans products, orange products, Hero drink, Az oil, Innoson plastics, Ibeto motor products, ngo bros motor, products and so many of them

4 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by loopman: 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
greatnation2:

Sorry you're not well informed, I live in Lagos I see eastern products almost every day Tummy tummy noodles, Juhel pharmaceutical, Evans products, orange products, Hero drink, Az oil, Innoson plastics, Ibeto motor products, ngo bros motor, products and so many of them

This is the problem with you people. Self deceit

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by PenisCaP: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice1
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by jom28gy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
Is a well articulated thought,sounded to the ear's those Igbos dissidents to hear.
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
Some people will still be cought up in the cross-fire due to their ignorance and fuulishness. The clock is fast ticking and They're still in slumber.
Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
aribisala0:
GBAM!! Not because they are no longer involved in teaching, they may well be but if they are no longer tenured or occupying a Professorial Chair they cease to be a Professor

Yes they stop being professors. That is exactly the point!!!

A professorship is not a qualification. It is an appointment to a Chair( UK ,comonwealth and Nigeria) or Tenure (US) just like Coach or captain of Super Eagles when you leave people may call you captain or coach out of respect but reality is what it is

. In that regard ( being an appointment) it is no different fro Vice Chancellor. It is not a chieftaincy title or a honorary title. It is a JOB.

Not everyone who is qualified to be a professor is made a professor because it costs money and there is often a limited number of Chairs. I remember that recently Pastor Adeboye paid for a chair at UNN I Think. If that money goes the chair disappears and the occupant is no longer a Prof but in Nigeria our obsession with titles has distorted the academic culture and people like Osinbajo go about claiming to be a Prof. Truth is he no longer is a Prof

No Chair/tenure no professorship. It is that simple. That is why universities create Emeritus Professorships to honour those whom they wish to honour who no longer have tenure

LEARNING POINT

What is a Professorial Chair or Tenure.

You are chasing shadows.
How does the fact he is not teaching prevent him from asking Igbos to invest home?
Not all HQ need to be in Lagos

It's our business he is talking about not Hausa or Afonja biz.
If it perishes, it's our loss not yours.
Clown

7 Likes

Re: Prof. Chukwuma Soludo To Ndi-igbo – Stop Having Head Office In Lagos Or Abuja by paschu: 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
That's not entirely true.

The majority of motorcycle spare parts used in this country and the entire west africa, for example, come from firms that are domiciled in Nnewi.

FACT.

And that had been the status quo for decades.

loopman:

You will never be competitive, you need proximity to your source of raw materials and to your markets, igboland as a landlocked region have the disadvantage of the two

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Mansion Rochas Okorocha Gifted His "Ethiopian Girlfriend" (Video) / Court Sacks New Emirs Of Kano, Dissolve Emirates Governor Ganduje Established / 2023: I Will Contest For Presidency Even Without Zoning– Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.