Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body (2367 Views)

Masturbation Is handling Your Genitals Reasons You / No, Don't Touch Your Genitals! / A Lady's Response To A Guy Who Sent Her A Pic Of His Genitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Factfinder1(m): 6:34am On Mar 21, 2017
Ever wondered why the skin covering your genitals is darker than the skin in other parts of your body? Here’s why…

Consultant gynaecologist, Dr. Olanrewaju Ekujumi, says it’s due to hormones.
• He also says friction plays a role in the darkening of those body parts.

For people who are sexually active, friction contributes more.

• A dermatologist, Dr. Lindsey Bordone, says at puberty, sex hormones tend to increase in the body, and in the process, the melanin, which is responsible for skin and hair colour, would also be produced.

• Melanin production alongside the sex hormone — oestrogen for women and testosterone for men — makes the penis and labia to darken.

• Also, a clinical dermatologist, Dr. Cameron Rokhsar, says hormones could influence the colouring of the skin at puberty, saying the sex hormones — oestrogen and testosterone — regulate the melanocyte that produces melanin cells.

• Hormones regulate the way melanocytes produce their pigment, which can influence the way the skin in those areas pigments.

• Rokhsar says external factors such as friction could also influence the colouring of the skin after puberty, saying when the skin experiences friction, it naturally thickens to protect itself, which is partly reflected in the colour.

• He says the darker colour of the genitals would be more intense in men who wear tight pants, shave their genitals regularly or have itches that could result in scratching or rubbing.

• Athletes and people who are obese are more likely to experience same because of friction.

• Again, when the colour of a body part gets darkened excessively, experts say it could be a symptom of excess sugar.

• Bordone says your skin can darken in certain areas if your sugar is very high, and you are developing diabetes.

• If you notice darkening in some areas, get checked out, especially if it is in your neck or armpits, because it can be a sign of diabetes.

• If you gain weight, you can experience acanthosis nigricans — a skin condition that leads to velvety discolorations in the groin and other areas.

More photos
http://ogashub.com.ng/reasons-why-genitals-are-darker-than-other-parts-of-your-body/

Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Cutehector(m): 6:36am On Mar 21, 2017
cool
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Dosmay(m): 6:41am On Mar 21, 2017
grin
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Young03(m): 6:48am On Mar 21, 2017
pictures of the black genital s or....
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by paschal47(m): 6:49am On Mar 21, 2017
That picture you posted up there, is that the picture of a genital? sad sad angry sad angry angry

OP be careful there
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Shadowy: 6:51am On Mar 21, 2017
what does that pics you posted have to do with genitals??
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 21, 2017
I am one colour all over so does that mean something is wrong?
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by youngest85(m): 7:02am On Mar 21, 2017
LeView1:
yes o something is definitely wrong
It's either you're an hermaphrodite or 6-month-born
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 21, 2017
youngest85:
yes o something is definitely wrong
It's either you're an hermaphrodite or 6-month-born

OK. Well I'm neither, soooooo...
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by SoftP(m): 7:22am On Mar 21, 2017
LeView1:
post the picture, let's see how truthful u are

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 21, 2017
SoftP:
post the picture, let's see how truthful u are

I'm at home come and see undecided
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 21, 2017
Why is my laps lighter than other part of my body?
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by SoftP(m): 7:28am On Mar 21, 2017
LeView1:

I'm at home come and see undecided
where art thou' location location'

Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 21, 2017
SoftP:
where art thou' location location'

grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by SoftP(m): 7:33am On Mar 21, 2017
ToriBlue:
Why is my laps lighter than other part of my body?
stop using Tura
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by SoftP(m): 7:35am On Mar 21, 2017
LeView1:

grin grin grin
u better start talking" or I give u*

Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by kilojoDesigns: 9:43am On Mar 21, 2017
SoftP:
stop using Tura
chai, which kain savagery be this
Re: Reasons Why your Genitals Are Darker Than Other Parts Of Your Body by trojan84(m): 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
LeView1:
It's nt possible

(1) (Reply)

See What Toke Makinwa Was Caught Doing / Ladies: Your Wealth, Beauty And Intelligence Do Not Intimidate Us. / Lady Breaks Up With Boyfriend Because He Refused To Give Her One Of His Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.