Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic (38335 Views)

Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat And Three Shops To Let Benin City Edo State / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex And 2unit 2bedroom Flat / Abuja Selling: Four Bedroom Semi Finished Duplex With Two Unit Of Self-contained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by johnson232: 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
abdulwastecx:

I will go with 6'' hollow
Nice...but i thought most bungalow walls are load bearing walls?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by johnson232: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
mufutau55:

Check Abdul's message above... He knows well more than I do, of course...
But what I did was to use 9" hollow for the outer external walls while I use 6" hollow for the inside partitions. Hope you can afford that.

Hajji M.
Good idea
Was just thinking if solid blocks would be better than hollow blocks for bungalows....since most bungalow walls are load bearing walls.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by mufutau55(m): 11:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnson232:

Good idea
Was just thinking if solid blocks would be better than hollow blocks for bungalows....since most bungalow walls are load bearing walls.

I know but Abdul recommended hollow blocks too.
The 9" blocks on the external walls are also good load bearing walls. Just dont try to install parapets o. grin

I have built two bungalows like I described above including my BQ which is a 2 Units of two bedrooms and I have never had any problem.
I have always envision problems with plumbing and electrical installations with solid blocks.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by IsheriNorthGRA: 12:32am On Jun 20, 2017
Nice job @Abdul. You're really good at what you do. I look forward to meeting you at your site if you don't mind.

I'm trying to figure out where this project is. Is it on Afolabi Ajomale Street? Because I saw Channels TV at the opposite direction in one of the pictures you uploaded.

Thanks
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:35am On Jun 20, 2017
mufutau55:

The 9" blocks on the external walls are also good load bearing walls. Just dont try to install parapets o. grin

I have built two bungalows like I described above including my BQ which is a 2 Units of two bedrooms and I have never had any problem.
I have always envision problems with plumbing and electrical installations with solid blocks.

Hajji M.

That is the best way to build bungalows
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:36am On Jun 20, 2017
IsheriNorthGRA:
Nice job @Abdul. You're really good at what you do. I look forward to meeting you at your site if you don't mind.

I'm trying to figure out where this project is. Is it on Afolabi Ajomale Street? Because I saw Channels TV at the opposite direction in one of the pictures you uploaded.

Thanks

The site is opposite beach land hospital. You will be welcomed boss
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 12:41am On Jun 20, 2017
johnson232:

Good idea

My problem with solid block is the stress of laying them, it is not popular among masons or bricklayers in the south west or north, they always have difficulties in setting them due to their weight.

6'' hollow block will work just fine for your bungalow because the anticipated load that it will carry only comes from the light timber roof load. But in other to hide your conduit electrical pipes as stated above by ''Oga hajj'' you will need to use 9'' for your exterior walls.

6'' solid and 9'' blocks are very closed in price, using 6'' solid will not save much money

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by IsheriNorthGRA: 12:45am On Jun 20, 2017
abdulwastecx:

The site is opposite beach land hospital. You will be welcomed boss

Ok, thank you. smiley
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by mufutau55(m): 3:20am On Jun 20, 2017
abdulwastecx:

That is the best way to build bungalows

I dey learn from all my Ogas like Abdul here o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by johnson232: 6:42am On Jun 20, 2017
abdulwastecx:

My problem with solid block is the stress of laying them, it is not popular among masons or bricklayers in the south west or north, they always have difficulties in setting them due to their weight.

6'' hollow block will work just fine for your bungalow because the anticipated load that it will carry only comes from the light timber roof load. But in other to hide your conduit electrical pipes as stated above by ''Oga hajj'' you will need to use 9'' for your exterior walls.

6'' solid and 9'' blocks are very closed in price, using 6'' solid will not save much money
thanks alot
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by johnson232: 6:43am On Jun 20, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
thanks alot
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 7:32am On Jun 20, 2017
mufutau55:

I dey learn from all my Ogas like Abdul here o.

Hajji M.

We are always humble sir.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by folmus: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Oga Abdul, what about using 9' for entire foundation and 6' for superstructure?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2017
folmus:

Oga Abdul, what about using 9' for entire foundation and 6' for superstructure?

That is also a very good idea

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by set2build: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2017
view current prices of building materials today June 28th, 2017. go to www.set2build.com/market-prices.

also follow us on our social media handles:
facebook www.facebook.com/set2build
instagram: @set2build
Twitter: @set2build
BBM Channel:C0027E031

www.set2build.com
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
We have resumed back to work at this our isheri opic site. Lots of work has been going on for the past 1month and we want to share it our nairaland community.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
1. Making of sub frames for doors
2. Aluminum windows
3. Burglary proof
4. External design works
5. Fence light piping work, fence coping and plastering of fence
6. Making of our precast soakaway/septic tank
7. Completion of our security house and other miscellaneous work
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
We start off by gauging our plastering to get a plumb wall, a square room and a tidy finish.

We have our crew members on site
6 mason
6 labourer
1 carpenter

And the harney team supervisor
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:17pm On Sep 21, 2017
For the external walla our mixed ratio will be 1:5
One bag of cement to 10 head pan of plaster sand

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2017
More updates

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2017
More updated from plastering work

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ongoing window fabrication work
Window type : casement
Profile type : tower aluminium
Glass type : 5mm grey reflective glass
Window type
Type A 2400 x 1500
Type B 2100 x 1500
Type C 1500 x 1500
Type D 600 x 900
Type E 1500 x 1200
Type F 1200 x 1800 ( fixed light)
Type G 600 x 1800
Type H 600 x 600
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
Windows update

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
More updates from general work

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
More updates

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
More updates

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by diordaves(m): 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Superb job with good attention to details. Well done

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
diordaves:
Superb job with good attention to details. Well done

Thank you sir
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
We now have our dedicated
1. Roof department where we help you design and build your roof at a very affordable price.
2. We have a plastering department and external work design where we help give your building a new uplifts

We work round all the states of the federation

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by solistic: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
@Abdulwastecx, great and nice work. Please can you remember the total quantities(tonnes) of reinforcement you finally used? I take it that you used more than below. Please confirm. Also did you use local rods or Tiger TMT? Many thanks.
abdulwastecx:
Reinforcement work
Starting materials.
1. 1.5tonnes of Y16 for beam reinforcement
2. 2 tonnes of Y12 for slab reinforcement
3. 0.5 tonnes of y8 for beams ring
Binding wires
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
solistic:
@Abdulwastecx, great and nice work. Please can you remember the total quantities(tonnes) of reinforcement you finally used? I take it that you used more than below. Please confirm. Also did you use local rods or Tiger TMT? Many thanks.

We use Tiger.
I think we bought more Y12 for the slab but I can't pull out the number right now, I will check the list and get back. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by solistic: 11:14am On Sep 29, 2017
Thank you very much Abdulwastecx.
abdulwastecx:

We use Tiger.
I think we bought more Y12 for the slab but I can't pull out the number right now, I will check the list and get back. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) / IGP Usman Baba At Ikoyi Collapsed Building Site / Lekki Conservation Centre, Lagos (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.