Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,355 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic (38245 Views)

Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat And Three Shops To Let Benin City Edo State / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex And 2unit 2bedroom Flat / Abuja Selling: Four Bedroom Semi Finished Duplex With Two Unit Of Self-contained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:52am On Apr 12, 2017
More pictures

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:55am On Apr 12, 2017
More updates

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 2:59am On Apr 12, 2017
Reinforcement work
Starting materials.
1. 1.5tonnes of Y16 for beam reinforcement
2. 2 tonnes of Y12 for slab reinforcement
3. 0.5 tonnes of y8 for beams ring
Binding wires
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by mufutau55(m): 3:00am On Apr 12, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Reinforcement work
Starting materials.
Binding wires

Money good o. Not be like yesterday this project start? Good work Abdul... keep moving. God bless.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 3:00am On Apr 12, 2017
Pictures update

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 3:02am On Apr 12, 2017
More beams reinforcement

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 3:05am On Apr 12, 2017
More updates

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by set2build: 7:51am On Apr 13, 2017
Prices of building materials updated today, visit www.set2build.com/market-prices

www.set2build.com
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Daboomb: 8:02am On Apr 13, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Site visitation: We visited the site December, 2016 to have a first hand information about the nature of the site before work can commence

Haaa! Jeesu!

This Client is wicked o!

He wants to build on River Niger and he did not go and call Julius Berger!

My prayers are with you Abdulwastecx .........this challenge you took is really challenging.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Daboomb: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2017
double post
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Daboomb: 8:12am On Apr 13, 2017
I am the only one see that the house circled in the picture below, close to this site, is already doing a "leaning Tower of isheri" shocked shocked
... even before completion.

BTW: When you get to like 80% completion of your project, l want to bet that those houses nearby will start developing cracks and fault lines.
Most of them are on "unstable soil" and the "pressure" yours will exert within the soil, as it settles down, will shift their base so much that they will think its a small earthquake! grin grin
i'll wait to see what happens.

This Client is really lucky to have someone as diligent, trustworthy and committed as Abdul & Podosci working for him.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:45am On Apr 13, 2017
Daboomb:
I am the only one see that the house circled in the picture below, close to this site, is already doing a "leaning Tower of isheri" shocked shocked
... even before completion.

BTW: When you get to like 80% completion of your project, l want to bet that those houses nearby will start developing cracks and fault lines.
Most of them are on "unstable soil" and the "pressure" yours will exert within the soil, as it settles down, will shift their base so much that they will think its a small earthquake! grin grin
i'll wait to see what happens.

This Client is really lucky to have someone as diligent, trustworthy and committed as Abdul & Podosci working for him.

I don't think you can say much about that house without visiting the site, picture may be a bit misleading.

That house has been under construction close to two years and other houses have been built to left hand side of the building that are about 90% complete. The house to side of the building were built on a poorer foundation to the one you see in the picture above and these houses have not experienced much or any noticeable settlement. These houses were built on a three board grade beams with three additional courses of block before dpc while the one above is built on a proper five board raft beam and a slab foundation.

We did lots of investigation of all the individual houses before coming up with our designs and before taking up the challenges and believe me if the raft can't carry the building we will not bother to build there

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 11:00am On Apr 13, 2017
Here is a picture of the house at a close inspection of the foundation.

You can also see pictures of neighboring houses to see how built up the area is.

Accumulated surface water of the site was due to the fact that the site used to be a '' borrow pit ( a site where sand used to be excavated for construction work), this activity leave the site much lower compare to other neighborhood, thereby leaving the site prone to water accumulation, couple with the fact that their is a nearby dam that discharge water every few years or the area.

Here is another close look at the house and nearby building

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by AngelicBeing: 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
These Engineering team definitely knows their onions, there is a difference between a building contractor and a trained professional, like 7up advert will say, the difference is clear, the owner of this project should go and sleep because l am certain abdulwastecx and his team will deliver, l like the way you respond to other Engineers / builders who throw questions at you, your manner of response was professional, no name calling but agreeing to disagree and vice versa, you are been watched by different people across the globe who may not even comment on this thread, keep doing what you know how best to do, l know the celestial forces of the universe will continuously crown your effort and l will not be surprised if you are engaged by anonymous guest for other projects even before the completion of this work. Kudos to your team cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
AngelicBeing:
These Engineering team definitely knows their onions, there is a difference between a building contractor and a trained professional, like 7up advert will say, the difference is clear, the owner of this project should go and sleep because l am certain abdulwastecx and his team will deliver, l like the way you respond to other Engineers / builders who throw questions at you, your manner of response was professional, no name calling but agreeing to disagree and vice versa, you are been watched by different people across the globe who may not even comment on this thread, keep doing what you know how best to do, l know the celestial forces of the universe will continuously crown your effort and l will not be surprised if you are engaged by anonymous guest for other projects even before the completion of this work. Kudos to your team cool

Thanks sir

6 Likes

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by ceelog(m): 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
abdulwastecx:
Reinforcement work
Starting materials.
Binding wires

Please Abdul why is the 16mm qty that high almost close to 12mm?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by mufutau55(m): 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
ceelog:

I see a lot of beams there... Just an observation..
And different quantity between Y16 and Y12.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Marilo(m): 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
Adbul/Podosci,

Let me ask these questions bothering me.

I see a whole lot of reinforcement which to my mind will cost a lot of money. so I ask:

1. Is there anything like over-reinforcement at all?

2. Can BRC reinforcement (3.5mm) be an effective alternative for DPC reinforcement.

3. Is there an alternative to the use of iron rods for reinforcement?
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by AngelicBeing: 9:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
From a layman's view the land is a swampy / water logged terrain, reinforcement is necessary to avoid stories that touches the heart infact l will prefer over reinforcement if this is my build than under-reinforcement, looking at the terrain from the pictures posted by the Engineer the land is more like building a house in a river terrain / bed , so l dont think there should be anything called over-reinforcement in a challenging terrain like this, the more reinforcement on the build the better, this is my opinion anyways, let the Engineer respond wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by twinskenny(m): 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
baba weldone ooo good job too

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
Marilo:
Adbul/Podosci,

Let me ask these questions bothering me.

I see a whole lot of reinforcement which to my mind will cost a lot of money. so I ask:

2. Can BRC reinforcement (3.5mm) be an effective alternative for DPC reinforcement.

Thanks bros for asking a very good question, I will try to do justice to all the question.

"I see a whole lot of reinforcement which to my mind will cost a lot of money. so I ask:" I will start by correcting this little statement. Quantity of reinforcement depend on the results of both the structural analysis and design. In a layman language it depend the structural complexity of the building, soil condition and the choice of foundation used.

I will assume the above statement relate to the quantity of reinforcement use for the raft foundation.The raft foundation was design based on the soil properties and magnitude of load acting on the foundation, the design which was carried out using a specialized structural engineering software gave a satisfactory quantity, size and spacing of reinforcement which was also confirm using manual analysis through the guild of relevant literature.

Answers to your questions

Ans: There is over-reinforcement: over reinforcement is when you provide reinforcement way over the quantity and size needed for a particular job. When one over reinforced a concrete structure, design philosophy like economy is defeated and mode of failure will change. Over reinforcement is bad on the part of economy and structural integrity.

Ans: Yes BRC reinforcement 3.5mm is an effective DPC reinforcement but here we are building a raft slab ( which also serve as the DPC level of the building), The raft slab demand a well reinforced slab capable of carrying the pressure exerted by the supporting soil as a result of the magnitude of the apply load.
For other type of foundation like Isolated Pad footings, combine and continuous pad footings, strip footings etc you may use wire mesh for the DPC reinforcement ( because the reinforcement is only needed to control cracking) but for works where the DPC form part of the foundation structure like Raft foundation, the DPC/slab should be design accordingly, then the resulting design reinforcement should be apply appropriately.

3. Is there an alternative to the use of iron rods for reinforcement?[/quote]
Ans: There are alternative material like bamboo but this area is beyond the scope of what this thread was created for.
As result of my love for affordable housing I am picking up alternative materials for structural members for my master thesis.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
AngelicBeing:
From a layman's view the land is a swampy / water logged terrain, reinforcement is necessary to avoid stories that touches the heart infact l will prefer over reinforcement if this is my build than under-reinforcement, looking at the terrain from the pictures posted by the Engineer the land is more like building a house in a river terrain / bed , so l dont think there should be anything called over-reinforcement in a challenging terrain like this, the more reinforcement on the build the better, this is my opinion anyways, let the Engineer respond wink

thanks sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
ceelog:

Because we have 52 pieces of 16mm in a tonne and 93 pieces of Y12 in a tonne

Because the result of the design indicated that number of reinforcement

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Marilo(m): 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
You are the best!

abdulwastecx:

Thanks bros for asking a very good question, I will try to do justice to all the question.

"I see a whole lot of reinforcement which to my mind will cost a lot of money. so I ask:" I will start by correcting this little statement. Quantity of reinforcement depend on the results of both the structural analysis and design. In a layman language it depend the structural complexity of the building, soil condition and the choice of foundation used.

I will assume the above statement relate to the quantity of reinforcement use for the raft foundation.The raft foundation was design based on the soil properties and magnitude of load acting on the foundation, the design which was carried out using a specialized structural engineering software gave a satisfactory quantity, size and spacing of reinforcement which was also confirm using manual analysis through the guild of relevant literature.

Answers to your questions

Ans: There is over-reinforcement: over reinforcement is when you provide reinforcement way over the quantity and size needed for a particular job. When one over reinforced a concrete structure, design philosophy like economy is defeated and mode of failure will change. Over reinforcement is bad on the part of economy and structural integrity.

Ans: Yes BRC reinforcement 3.5mm is an effective DPC reinforcement but here we are building a raft slab ( which also serve as the DPC level of the building), The raft slab demand a well reinforced slab capable of carry the pressure exerted by the supporting soil as a result of the magnitude of the apply load.
For other type of foundation like Isolated Pad footings, combine and continuous pad footings, strip footings etc you may use wire mesh for the DPC reinforcement ( because the reinforcement is only needed to control cracking) but for works where the DPC form part of the foundation structure like Raft foundation, the DPC/slab should be design accordingly the the resulting design reinforcement should be apply appropriately.

Ans: There are alternative materials like bamboo but this area is beyond the scope of what this thread was created for.
As result of my love for affordable housing I am picking up alternative materials for structural members for my master thesis.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by Chekitaut: 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2017
Delivery to site Isheri

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2017
completion of iron work....we are now ready to cast

1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2017
More updates

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2017
More

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by abdulwastecx(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2017
This is what we are looking at

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by TLAX: 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
abdulwastecx:

This is cool. I am sure Harney Projects will deliver a perfect copy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by twinskenny(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Very cute
Re: Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic by KolaShangOne(m): 6:33pm On Apr 19, 2017
Nice work Oga Abdul

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Fence Their Houses? / A PLOT URGENTLY AVAILABLE NOW AT AMEN ESTATE. CALL ME NOW! / World's Largest Building Opens In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.