Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN (1779 Views)

Ernest Ezeajughi Elected As Deputy Mayor Of Brent, UK (photos) / Governors Describe EFCC Boss, Magu As Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Amosun, Shettima At The Swearing-In Of Amina Mohammed As Deputy UN Sec. General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by Famoustemmy(m): 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
After serving for 23 years at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), 10 of which as Deputy Governor Economic Policy and one time Acting governor of the apex bank, Dr Mrs Sarah Alade bade an emotional farewell to the bank on Tuesday.

Speaking at the send-off dinner organized by the members of the Economic Policy Directorate of the CBN, governor of bank, Mr Godwin Emefiele described Alade’s departure as “not very happy” for him because Sarah Alade was not just a friend but a colleague and a moderating force who pulled him back from losing his cool during tense moments at the bank.

Emefiele described Alade’s 23 years at the bank as excellent and a good representative of ladies at the CBN, noting that it will be difficult to fill the vacuum her departure will create.

The CBN governor commended Alade for bowing out when the ovation was loudest and thanked her for contribution to learning in the apex bank and outside. The bank he said will continue to pray for her in her private capacity and will also seek her expertise from time to time to guide them.

Dr. Sarah Omotunde Alade was appointed Acting Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria on 20th February, 2014. Prior to this time, she had served as Deputy Governor (Economic Policy), Central Bank of Nigeria from 26th March, 2007.

Dr. Sarah Alade commenced her working career in 1977 at the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, Ilorin, Kwara State. In 1991, she joined the University of Ilorin as a Lecturer in the Department of Accounting and Finance. She joined the Central Bank of Nigeria in 1993 as an Assistant Director in the Research Department where she served as Head, State Government Finance Office (1993-1996), Head, Federal Government Finance Office (1996-2000) and Head, Fiscal Analysis Division (2000-2004).

Dr. Alade has served on the teams on major economic policy studies, and has been involved in the preparation of Central Bank of Nigeria’s Monetary and Credit Policy Proposals over the years. She was actively involved in the drafting of the Medium Term Economic Programme (MTP) for Nigeria and the IMF staff Monitored Programme/Standby Arrangement.

Dr. Alade was appointed Director, Banking Operations Department in May 2004. In that capacity, she served as Chairman Board of Directors, Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) as well as Secretary, National Payments System Committee (NPSC).

Dr. Alade was a member of the Technical committee of the Vision 2010 and currently a member of the Technical Committee of Vision 2020 and member of the National Economic Management Team (EMT).

As Deputy Governor, Economic Policy, Dr. Mrs. Alade superintended over the Economic Policy Directorate, comprising the Research, Monetary Policy, Trade and Exchange, Statistics Departments and Financial Markets Department. As Chair of the Monetary Policy Implementation Committee (MPIC), she interfaces with operational departments and coordinates technical inputs for the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).

Dr. Alade, who is a member of the Nigerian Economic Society (NES), has several publications to her credit and is currently carrying out research into Interest Rate Policy and Monetary Policy Implementation in Nigeria. Dr. Mrs. Alade is a Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Operational Research (NIOR), Association of National Accountant of Nigeria.

In February 2014, President Goodluck Jonathan appointed Alade as Acting Governor of the CBN to oversee the affairs of the bank from February to June 2014.She is the chairman of the board of directors of the Financial Market Dealers Quotation-Over the Counter (FMDQ-OTC), the African Finance Corporation (AFC) and the Nigeria Export Import Bank (NEXIM). Sarah Alade has several publications to her credit.

2 Likes

Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by laudate: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
This woman was one of the best hands in the Central Bank. But they refused to make her CBN governor. undecided Anyway, her intellect, formidable skills and financial knowledge would still be remembered, long after she has left the bank. I hope she gets an international appointment within a short while. Well done, Ma. You remain an inspiration to a lot of people. cool

4 Likes

Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by queencalipso(f): 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
Nice one, a role model worthy of emulation..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by nawa4naija(m): 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by orisa37: 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Good luck Sarah.
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by AtlanticBreeze: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
laudate:
This woman was one of the best hands in the Central Bank. But they refused to make her CBN governor. undecided Anyway, her intellect, formidable skills and financial knowledge would still be remembered, long after she has left the bank. I hope she gets an international appointment within a short while. Well done, Ma. You remain an inspiration to a lot of people. cool
how do you know she is one of the best hands at cbn. I'm 100% sure your statement is based on her ethnicity

5 Likes

Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by AtlanticBreeze: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Goodluck madam
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by laudate: 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:
how do you know she is one of the best hands at cbn. I'm 100% sure your statement is based on her ethnicity

What dirty kind of ethnicity? We do not come from the same tribe, o! Only people with shallow minds would base their assessment on ethnicity. Are you one of them?

7 Likes

Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by donratcock: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
laudate:
I hope she gets an international appointment within a short while. cool
Better hope any micro finance bank secures her services
Appointment ni appointment ke
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by laudate: 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2017
donratcock:
Better hope any micro finance bank secures her services
Appointment ni appointment ke

She is too knowledgeable to work in such a low level position. sad Such microfinance jobs are for small people like you. Have you read her profile and career history? This is a lady who was once Chairman of NEXIM (Nigerian Export-Import Bank), and has also served as Chairman Board of Directors, Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS), which processed transactions totalling 4.9 Trillion naira in 2016 alone! shocked

But I guess you are looking down on her, due to your inherent bias against educated women. You are not used to women achieving such high levels in their career. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by Suurulere(m): 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
You have held the fort. You have finished the race. You have served your country well. You are a patriot and a pride to womanhood. Keep waving the flag. Nigerians are proud of you.

3 Likes

Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by donratcock: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
laudate:

She is too knowledgeable to work in such a low level position. sad Such microfinance jobs are for small people like you. Have you read her profile and career history? This is a lady who was once Chairman of NEXIM (Nigerian Export-Import Bank), and has also served as Chairman Board of Directors, Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS), which processed transactions totalling 4.9 Trillion naira in 2016 alone! shocked

But I guess you are looking down on her, due to your inherent bias against educated women. You are not used to women achieving such high levels in their career. undecided

Is she paying you for this p.r stunt or are you doing it out of your own free will
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by dunkem21(m): 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
donratcock:

Is she paying you for this p.r stunt or are you doing it out of your own free will

The woman is actually one of the best hands in CBN.. even the Emir will agree.

..Though the guy take am personal.

3 Likes

Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by AlhajiSpray(m): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Never heard of her in my life! undecided
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2017
23 years in CBN alone. she suppose don chop belleful by now
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by chumakk: 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
And she is not a feminist grin
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
Amazing retirement
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by AngelicBeing: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
cool
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by friedcorn: 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
who get her contact? I need her help for cbn. Na there i wan work
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
This is what I call you Beauty with brain
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

good one
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by laudate: 12:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
donratcock:

There is no PR stunt anywhere. sad My comments are based on her impeccable credentials, career trajectory, accomplishments and capability. Go back and read the OP's post again, and you would see it all there. I know people who worked with her when she was Acting Central Bank Governor, before Emefiele was appointed. They attested to her hardwork and aptitude. I celebrate excellence wherever I find it, because I believe you can only attract what you respect. It is not easy to have an unblemished 24 years career in the financial sector. undecided

I really do not know why you have such a deep seated hatred and animosity for this woman. Did she offend you at any time?? Is that why you are still carrying a grudge against her? Pray, do tell. shocked
Re: Sarah Alade Retires As Deputy Governor From CBN by zlantanfan: 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
hypocrite

(1) (Reply)

If Buhari Resigns Today, Will Osinbajo Also Step Down With Him? / Biafran Secessionist Movement Grows Stronger In Nigeria - VOA / Why Can't The Igbo Youths Face Their Elected Representatives?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.