Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. (4477 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by honeric01(m): 1:52pm On Dec 24, 2009
semid4lyfe:

I agree with you. Isaac Promise is an expired log of wood and shouldn't even come close to our National team. Another player who irritates the hell out of me is[b] Obnna Nwanneri. That guy is a pathetic excuse for a defender and I don't know why Amodu keeps inviting him.[/b]

well, i know he's not the best we have, so maybe we should leave that to amodu to sort out.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2009
honeric01:

This was the formation Siasia used in that match against Argentina.

Vanzeki

Olubayo      Apam   Adeleye    Okonkwo

Kaita                  Ajilore

Osaze

Okonkwo                          Obinna

Promise          

That was the formation used, Osaze was moved to the striking front when promise was substituted for Emmanuel ekpo. anyways, we will talk about the Obodo issue later not Oruma (too old and not needed)

Again, I disagree. What is your source? Anyway, it doesn't matter cos coaches release their starting 11 list and the TV people fix them up in whatever positions and formation they think the coach will play them. It doesn't mean the coach played that formation or the players played those particular positions. IMO, the formation used in the match against Argentina was 4-4-2 and the players were fielded like this
NB: The nos indicate their position of play on the pitch (so we understand each other perfectly)

Vanzekin-1

C.Okonkwo- 3            Adeleye -5                   Apam -6                   Olubayo -2

Kaita -4

Nsofor - 11                                   Ajilore - 10                               S.Okoronkwo -7

Osaze - 8                    Promise -9

Osaze played as a striker in that game abegiii. Ekpo came in to replace Isaac and Nsofor moved forward to strike.

Ehen, still on Osaze and his ability to play as attacking midfielder, please read this and take note of the bolded part

http://en.allexperts.com/e/o/os/osaze_odemwingie.htm
Osaze Odemwingie
Peter Odemwingie has an interesting background which makes him a truly international talent. Born in Tashkent, his mother is Russian, his father Nigerian, but he has chosen to pledge his allegiances to the Super Eagles of Nigeria.Odemwingie, who is also known as 'Osaze', is a slightly-built striker who possesses phenomenal pace and a fearsome shot. He has just finished his first season with French club Lille OSC, scoring four goals in 20 games and also featuring in the UEFA Cup. Next season, Lille will go into the UEFA Champions League, which is another indication that exciting times lie ahead for the 23-year-old.

One of Nigeria's promising talents. He is a versatile attacking player whose preference is to play as a forward, but can also play as an attacking midfielder or an out and out winger. Has silky smooth skills and control. Brings great playmaking skills to the table and appears to have an innate intuition for the game.

No be me write am o. Judging by the tone in which it was written, one can easily decipher he has played as an attacking midfielder before in the past.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by honeric01(m): 11:43pm On Dec 24, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Again, I disagree. What is your source? Anyway, it doesn't matter cos coaches release their starting 11 list and the TV people fix them up in whatever positions and formation they think the coach will play them. It doesn't mean the coach played that formation or the players played those particular positions. IMO, the formation used in the match against Argentina was 4-4-2 and the players were fielded like this
NB: The nos indicate their position of play on the pitch (so we understand each other perfectly)

Vanzekin-1

C.Okonkwo- 3            Adeleye -5                   Apam -6                   Olubayo -2

Kaita -4

Nsofor - 11                                   Ajilore - 10                               S.Okoronkwo -7

Osaze - 8                    Promise -9

Osaze played as a striker in that game abegiii. Ekpo came in to replace Isaac and Nsofor moved forward to strike.

Ehen, still on Osaze and his ability to play as attacking midfielder, please read this and take note of the bolded part

http://en.allexperts.com/e/o/os/osaze_odemwingie.htm
Osaze Odemwingie
Peter Odemwingie has an interesting background which makes him a truly international talent. Born in Tashkent, his mother is Russian, his father Nigerian, but he has chosen to pledge his allegiances to the Super Eagles of Nigeria.Odemwingie, who is also known as 'Osaze', is a slightly-built striker who possesses phenomenal pace and a fearsome shot. He has just finished his first season with French club Lille OSC, scoring four goals in 20 games and also featuring in the UEFA Cup. Next season, Lille will go into the UEFA Champions League, which is another indication that exciting times lie ahead for the 23-year-old.

One of Nigeria's promising talents. He is a versatile attacking player whose preference is to play as a forward, but can also play as an attacking midfielder or an out and out winger. Has silky smooth skills and control. Brings great playmaking skills to the table and appears to have an innate intuition for the game.

No be me write am o. Judging by the tone in which it was written, one can easily decipher he has played as an attacking midfielder before in the past.

And what is your own source too since you asked for my own source, just Google preview match between Nigeria and Argentina, Beijing Olympics and you will find the answer.
No one is telling you that he can't be used as a midfielder or that he can't play as an attacking midfielder, what i am saying is that he should be LEFT in the position he's 110% capable of handling which is the wing. let Amodu do his job of finding a good player in that role if he desperately needs a creative midfielder.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by ogbongzky(m): 2:20am On Dec 25, 2009
Yes, he can, but i think it is too late to be experimenting that now, we just have to stick with the SEPE man (Mikel) in the midfield and pray to God to see us through, dont tell me olofinjana will make the list ooo,its like that guy has been charming 9ja coaches.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by stanloski(m): 10:30am On Dec 26, 2009
@ honeric01
The match i am referring to is NIGERIA V ANGOLA IN BENIN ANC 2004 QUALIFIER AND NOT WCQ 2006 IN KANO I know wat am talking about. We have no other option can as well use wat we have. Mikel shd stick to his holding role.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by ayusco: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2009
osaze as an AM? interesting idea but might be too late now to experiment with though not against trying him out in a few friendly matches ahead of the WC(his performances against rwanda & mozambique in abuja shows me he has some potential in that role) please can't somebody just kidnap nwaneri & olofinjana and put them in seclusion for 7 months so we can't pick them jeez those 2 give me nightmares
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2009
ayusco:

osaze as an AM? interesting idea but might be too late now to experiment with though not against trying him out in a few friendly matches ahead of the WC(his performances against rwanda & mozambique in abuja shows me he has some potential in that role) please can't somebody just kidnap nwaneri & olofinjana and put them in seclusion for 7 months so we can't pick them jeez those 2 give me nightmares

Olofinjana is still okay - at least he has his good days but that Nwaneri guy gives me headache. Seriously, I fit arrange some guys make them kidnap as you talk grin grin cheesy wink grin
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by supereagle(m): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2009
From Natural striking role in Tunisia 2004 to left wing or right wing now. You want to kill the boy because of his dedication to Naija. He is qualified to play for Moscow but opted for Naija becos he loves his fada land.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2009
supereagle:

From Natural striking role in Tunisia 2004 to left wing or right wing now. You want to kill the boy because of his dedication to Naija. He is qualified to play for Moscow but opted for Naija becos he loves his fada land.

And what makes you so sure if he had opted to play for Moscow Russia, he'll be playing as a striker or a winger? He could have been converted to an Attacking midfielder for all we know and please stop this ridiculous thing about wanting to kill the boy. He's a professional and will take it in his stride if he's converted >>>>>>>>>> [b]AND[/b] >>>>>>>please

Osaze's first match for the Super Eagles was as an Attacking Midfielder and not a striker.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by namski(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2009
Abeg which coach is taking us to nations cup sef, abi we no qualify?

Osaze na my man anytime. Infact make we clone 10 more osazes and use them form our team - I tell you, we go win world cup. lol!!!
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by latepa(m): 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2009
I've always admired Osaze, to me he's still the best SE player and i think he should be giving the chance as a AM but wat's happening to Mikel for God's sake.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by snippywhyt: 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
he'll be very good for dat position,we need sumone like him in the midfield.i fink we should start building the team on him.i beleive he'll do sth good unlike mikel who's not committed.
Re: Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. by DrKitaun(m): 3:40am On Dec 30, 2009
@Chief Semid4lyfe

Osaze might never do well in a playmaking position . . .its not rocket science !

for u to be able to playmake U MUST BE ABLE TO CARRY UR MATES ALONG, OSAZE CERTAINLY DOESNT HAVE THAT PATIENCE AS HE IS PROLLY MORE COMMITTED THAN OTHER PLAYERS THAT ARE PLAYING LIKE THEY HAD JUST STOOD UP FROM A HEAVY MEAL OF EBA AND OGBONO SOUP . . .

Thats where we should respect playmakers . . . Okocha, Pirlo, Ballack, Pirlo, Zizou . . .

majority of the best playmakers the world over are not hustle and bustle kind of players . .

they are players who are ready to move the ball round the field, make and take critical decisions, carry the team on their shoulders, play the game of their lives, dribble if necessary, prove to be the match-winner if possible, play as deep as possible . . .

majority of playmakers are excellent with set-pieces . . .

playmakers are a blessing to their generations . . .

PLAYMAKERS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD THEIR ROLES CHANEGED FROM DEFENDERS OR STRIKERS TO PLAYMAKERS LOL grin

@Sam Milla and Honeric01

Nice one guys !

majority of these guys just about base their sentiments on the hype of how passionately Osaze plays and his Oyinbo half caste quota . . .to say the most ludicrious of things . . .Osaze to play as playmaker of Super Eagles INTERESTING !!! shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Reasons Why Ronaldo Is Better Than Messi / Why Do People Get So Crazy About Football: ? / Neymar Exposes Efe Ambrose's Defensive Lapses During Champions League Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.