Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA (14753 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Wins 2019 Everett M. Rogers Award / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins 2018 PEN Pinter Prize / Mention One Book You'll Read Over And Over Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Whoeppme(m): 10:14am On Mar 24, 2017
Great News I must say

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by maddman: 10:14am On Mar 24, 2017
Congrats to her
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by dafil22(m): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:
Her novels are so boring to read. No remarkable story of her in my head. She's a good writer but boring story teller. the
dts definitely not true. she is a terrific and exciting narrator

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by DozieInc(m): 10:22am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:
Her novels are so boring to read. No remarkable story of her in my head. She's a good writer but boring story teller. the
You should be reading Cinderella, The frog and the Princess, Lantern series etc.

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 24, 2017
DozieInc:

You should be reading Cinderella, The frog and the Princess, Lantern series etc.

You should be reading eze goes to school.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Bridget95(f): 10:27am On Mar 24, 2017
FengChui:
Urgent Please - Pls if you know anybody who wants to sell his or her car, any model & any colour, with AC and you are sure it's in perfect working condition & valid papers, with price around 2.5 or 3 million with good engine, pls let the person sell it, it's none of my business.
is this the product of sanity or the opposite?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 24, 2017
dafil22:
dts definitely not true. she is a terrific and exciting narrator

Yes she is a good storyteller. But her stories arent that terrific.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by DozieInc(m): 10:27am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:

You should be reading eze goes to school.
tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Bridget95(f): 10:29am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:
It is boring to only you and interesting to the world ,hence her multiple awards winning spree.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by AlphaStyles(m): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2017
SwillG:
I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be posting this here but I serious detastes what's been going on in NairaLand. NairaLand mods practice tribalism. I got banned cos I'm not a Muslim and the reply button was disabled. Please check out the thread I was trying to reply to before it was disabled. Mods tryna force me to accept that I'm a Muslim. SMH
same here
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 24, 2017
SwillG:
I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be posting this here but I serious detastes what's been going on in NairaLand. NairaLand mods practice tribalism. I got banned cos I'm not a Muslim and the reply button was disabled. Please check out the thread I was trying to reply to before it was disabled. Mods tryna force me to accept that I'm a Muslim. SMH

Sorry, you are officially a Muslim. Why did you click yes? Find the nearest mosque ans make sure you pray 5 times daily.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Omoluabi16(m): 10:46am On Mar 24, 2017
God bless Chimamanda. Despite my reservations about this her feminism crusade, she is one brilliant person..a star. More grace ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:
go and continue watching your tom and jerry and cartoon network books are not for you

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by PenisCaP: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:

CHIMAMANDA A BORING STORRY TELLER shocked?
Yet her books keep winning awards back 2 back.
i guess ur brain couldn't carry her vocabulary use in her books... bcoz thats d only thing dat makes one find book "BORING".
It used to happen to me as a kid...so upgrade ur vocab diction by making ADVANCED LEARNERS ur close companion.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2017
Bridget95:
It is boring to only you and interesting to the world ,hence her multiple awards winning spree.

Have u read or seen half of a yellow sun. The book is boring and biased. The movie made no sense despite the top class actors. She writes well yeah.but her stories bore
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by berrystunn(m): 10:52am On Mar 24, 2017
Still on names....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 24, 2017
PenisCaP:

CHIMAMANDA A BORING STORRY TELLER shocked?
Yet her books keep winning awards back 2 back.
i guess ur brain couldn't carry her vocabulary use in her books... bcoz thats d only thing dat makes one found book "BORING".
It used to happen to me as a kid...so upgrade ur vocab diction by making ADVANCED LEARNERS ur close companion.

Go fûck yourself

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by PenisCaP: 10:57am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:

Go fûck yourself

Hahaha comming from a "woman"

If a woman can sound this way... then how can u understand a CHIMAMANDA class of books grin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2017
PenisCaP:

Hahaha comming from a "woman"

If a woman can sound this way... then how can u understand a CHIMAMANDA class of books grin.

She'll be impressed na. With more women like her, you will lose relevance as a man. We're all feminists baby
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by basty: 11:02am On Mar 24, 2017
Successful Igbos are Nigerians, unsuccessful Igbos are IPOB.

A food for thought.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 24, 2017
FengChui:
Urgent Please - Pls if you know anybody who wants to sell his or her car, any model & any colour, with AC and you are sure it's in perfect working condition & valid papers, with price around 2.5 or 3 million with good engine, pls let the person sell it, it's none of my business.

You are terribly sick for making me read with serious attention.

Thanks for making me laugh at the end of it. grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 24, 2017
SatanIsLord:

Yet she's winning awards

how many have you written

I dont write books, you paganist idiot
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by PenisCaP: 11:06am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:

She'll be impressed na. With more women like her, you will lose relevance as a man. We're all feminists baby

Hahahah u keep exposing urself with ur comments "FEMINIST".. dont sound like runsgals my dear grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2017
PenisCaP:

Hahahah u keep exposing urself with ur comments "FEMINIST".. dont sound like runsgals my dear grin

Me runsgal, mind your words. Last warning
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 24, 2017
SwillG:

The problem with some mods here is. They have the final say on any issue. If you quote a mod or any of their friends on NL and you are against their opinion. There the ban goes.

I guess many of them cant stand criticism.

It well with them sha. grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by PenisCaP: 11:12am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:

Me runsgal, mind your words. Last warning

Hhahahaha but dats d way u sound na.
Ur choice of words are just too bad for a woman. grin

And what would u do??...call ur Mod online lover to ban me i guess.. hahaha.

I dnt fear ban my dear... nairaland is just what i use for spare time.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by realjoker(m): 11:12am On Mar 24, 2017
Greatbeard:
Good achievement.

The director of the "half of a yellow sun" movie tried too hard to make it seem deep. it wasn't.

Despite the fact that I share different views from this lady.

I respect the fact that she has a strong opinion and holds on to it as she fights for the rights of women.

my respect for her skyrocketed during the recent transwomen saga. she didn't twist her statement to please anybody.

she doesn't deserve the hatred she gets from Nigerians.

Keep going dear Amazon!
Have the same feelings too on her stiff stance on transwomen, but don't think Nigerians hate her.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Bridget95(f): 11:21am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:

Have u read or seen half of a yellow sun. The book is boring and biased. The movie made no sense despite the top class actors. She writes well yeah.but her stories bore
half of a yellow sun is a classic novel with great story and superb display of great literary skills hence its translation in a blockbuster movie.

Only you can tell what you mean by boring and bias about great works of a young brilliant lady whose works has been winning awards year in year out like no other in Nigeria in recent times.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by mars123(m): 11:25am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:
is it her fault you don't know the difference between a story book and a novel?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by crox12: 11:33am On Mar 24, 2017
bad belle......
Mizzysexy:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) / Oluchi (birthday Special)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.