Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA (14757 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Wins 2019 Everett M. Rogers Award / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins 2018 PEN Pinter Prize / Mention One Book You'll Read Over And Over Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by talktonase(m): 11:36am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:
Her novels are so boring to read. No remarkable story of her in my head. She's a good writer but boring story teller. the
you must have a very boring imagination then... shocked
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by temitope06(m): 11:36am On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:

Have u read or seen half of a yellow sun. The book is boring and biased. The movie made no sense despite the top class actors. She writes well yeah.but her stories bore

Don't judge that book from the movie, movies adapted from books rarely capture the essence of the book. That book is detailed and rich, bar Harry Potter, lord of the rings and game of thrones most books are not properly adapted in films.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by FengChui(m): 11:39am On Mar 24, 2017
Bridget95:
is this the product of sanity or the opposite?

You decide.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2017
Blacks care too much about what the whites feel about them!.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by FengChui(m): 11:41am On Mar 24, 2017
davtosh:

You are terribly sick for making me read with serious attention.

Thanks for making me laugh at the end of it. grin

Maybe it's because my name is iSick
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nathan2016: 11:56am On Mar 24, 2017
A FONJA

YonkijiSappo:
She usually infuses too many characters into her stories.
Makes it hard for the reader to keep track of each of them.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by YonkijiSappo: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2017
Nathan2016:
A FONJA

Who is this Osu?
Go and die.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nathan2016: 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
basty:
Successful Igbos are Nigerians, unsuccessful Igbos are IPOB.

A food for thought.

what is this one saying...Dividing Igbos everytime...bad belle

IGBOS are IGBOS

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nathan2016: 12:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Who is this Osu?
Go and die.

WICKEDNESS AND JEALOUSY WILL KILL U OO

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by YonkijiSappo: 12:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nathan2016:

WICKEDNESS AND JEALOUSY WILL KILL U OO

Come and carry your OSU sisters, LOL!... Flat headed cretin.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
crox12:
bad belle......

Your mama
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Skmoda360(m): 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:
Her novels are so boring to read. No remarkable story of her in my head. She's a good writer but boring story teller. the
pls dust your mouth, i knw your type.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by irynterri(f): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:
it's either you don't know good books or you have never read her books
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by akigbemaru: 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
musicwriter:
This's why Malcolm X said if the west is rewarding a black man that person is doing a disservice.

lol Malcom X!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Arielle: 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
Empressbecky:
Too cerebral for you clowns to comment on?

grin grin grin my thoughts exactly!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Arielle: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
temitope06:

Don't judge that book from the movie, movies adapted from books rarely capture the essence of the book. That book is detailed and rich, bar Harry Potter, lord of the rings and game of thrones most books are not properly adapted in films.

You are so right. Half of a yellow sun held me in thrall. But I never dared to watch the movie so I don't get let down. I didn't think Hollywood would be able to capture the essence of that book. They should have had a lot more local content. I love Americanah. When I read a book, I usually 'see' the characters in my mind's eye. For some reason I kept seeing Chimamanda ' s face as Ifemelu. I love the nickname she called her boyfriend. I think it was "Ceiling". So naughty and cute.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by temitope06(m): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
Arielle:

You are so right. Half of a yellow sun held me in thrall. But I never dared to watch the movie so I don't get let down. I didn't think Hollywood would be able to capture the essence of that book. They should have had a lot more local content. I love Americanah. When I read a book, I usually 'see' the characters in my mind's eye. For some reason I kept seeing Chimamanda ' s face as Ifemelu. I love the nickname she called her boyfriend. I think it was "Ceiling". So naughty and cute.

Kudos, I kept seeing her as ifemelu as well. I still believe part of ifemelu's experience in USA was hers. If she thought of ceiling herself then I respect her naughty mind. She's a brilliant writer tbh and she has loads of stories she can actually develop to become novels. I think americanah was a short story in her 'That thing around your neck' book. Which other writer do you fancy?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by DAP212(m): 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
Send my congraulations to you CHINDA
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by chizidgreat(m): 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chimamanda My book crush Fine woman Omalicha Ezigbo Nne m I heart you, Nne
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by greatnation2: 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Come and carry your OSU sisters, LOL!... Flat headed cretin.

Seriously you need to see a psychiatrist, hatred will consume you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
woman of great substance.. wish I marry her kind
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Benjax(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mizzysexy:

What I observe to be your prblm is laziness to read; not that she doesn't put up a "vibrant" story.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nah dem Igbos. Doing what they're best known for and succeedin in every sphere of life. Keep Up the good work dear We the Igbo Nation are solely behind you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by BlackOnassis(m): 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
This lady is awesome abeg. I saw the competition poster 3 weeks ago on the NY subway, then brought out my camera and started snapping grin cheesy. Some idiots were looking at me and wondering what was special about the poster. These are the same idiots who, when asked to say one thing about Nigeria, would scream "e-mail scams!" angry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by BlackOnassis(m): 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
TheNewAgeFarmer:
If you think this is about whites, then you havent been to NYC
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Wins 'One Book, One New York' Award In USA by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:05pm On May 04, 2017
TheNewAgeFarmer:

On point.
Someone once described blacks as "a majority with the mentality of a minority" and whites as " a minority with the mentality of a majority"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Fictional Crime Detective Characters / Diary Of A Shy College Kid: Year Two (by Kayode Odusanya) / ​Where Is The Third Answer?- A Review Of Juliana Olayode's (Toyo's) 'Rebirth'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.