Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:24 AM

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? (7476 Views)

Why Did Jesus Pray For God To Sanctify His Disciples With Truth? / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq / Christians And Muslims, Do You Hold All Biblical Prophets In High Esteem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
Empiree:
Some muslims do in voluntary dua (prayer).

The muslims doing that have gone against the advice of their prophet who says below...

Allah's Apostle said: People should avoid lifting their eyes towards the sky while supplicating in prayer, otherwise their eyes would be snatched away

Sahih Muslim vol. I, nos. 863 Chapter CLXXIII

Am surprised that their eyes didn't get snatched away according to mohammad. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Empiree: 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Mathew 26:39

And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will."

Did you notice Yahshua calling God his Father? That means he's God's Son. So, every time Muslims quote that verse to support their form of worship, tell them they are shooting themselves in the foot cos the same verse shows God to be Yahshua's Father, a thing which their Quran rejects.
But their are other Sons and daughters of God according to your Bible. Why is this exception?. And if you say Jesus is only "begotten" son, your Bible also claims God begot other prophet and ordinary people. So this is not issue. The issue here is Jesus or Yashua as you called him fell on his face on the ground and prayed just like muslims did.

You still have valid claim. Besides, "Father" in the bible is Gid. But if you disagree, then tell us how Yahshua was "begotten"

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
Empiree:
But their are other Sons and daughters of God according to your Bible. Why is this exception?. And if you say Jesus is only "begotten" son, your Bible also claims God begot other prophet and ordinary people. So this is not issue. The issue here is Jesus or Yashua as you called him fell on his face on the ground and prayed just like muslims did.

You still have valid claim. Besides, "Father" in the bible is Gid. But if you disagree, then tell us how Yahshua was "begotten"

Didn't i direct you to a thread where i discussed that?

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Empiree: 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
The muslims doing that have gone against the advice of their prophet who says below...

Allah's Apostle said: People should avoid lifting their eyes towards the sky while supplicating in prayer, otherwise their eyes would be snatched away

Am surprised that their eyes didn't get snatched away according to mohammad. grin
I knew you would bring this up.

Well, some say that hadith is talking about when in salat(obligatory prayer), so when supplicating in salat such as the Qunoot or after durood in last tashahud don't look at sky!. This is reasonable enough.

Others are of the opinion that it is about humility. It is preferable to raise your hands and look down like in the picture below. It is more like humbling yourself. This is what i do and many muslims i know.

The hadith you quoted doesnt make it forbidden, It only recommends not to look gaze up. That's all. There is nothing really sinful in that. In another word, it may only be considered "dislike". As you can see, i said "some muslims"

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
Empiree:
I knew you would bring this up.

Well, some say that hadith is talking about when in salat(obligatory prayer), so when supplicating in salat such as the Qunoot or after durood in last tashahud don't look at sky!. This is reasonable enough.

Others are of the opinion that it is about humility. It is preferable to raise your hands and look down like in the picture below. It is more like humbling yourself. This is what i do and many muslims i know.

The hadith you quoted doesnt make it forbidden, It only recommends not to look gaze up. That's all. There is nothing really sinful in that. In another word, it may only be considered "dislike". As you can see, i said "some muslims"
Changing the goal post. grin

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Amberon: 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
Do muslims go about drinking camel piss like mohammed commanded?
biomustry:
Did he actually beat drums upandan like christians do? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Empiree: 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Changing the goal post. grin
And why did you change your "goal post" from forehead onto the ground to looking at heaven?.

I go along with yout flow
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by biomustry: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
Amberon:
E pain am
Ask them
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Amberon: 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2017
Damage control grin
biomustry:

E pain am
Ask them
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Empiree: 2:25am On Mar 28, 2017
plainbibletruth:

You're not alone.

I think it's a plot contrived to achieve some dubious thing.
And your take on this?

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by plainbibletruth: 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
Empiree:
And your take on this?

A man may be muddled up and do odd things. That may affect only him and no one else.

But when a religion’s holy book, the Quran is a confusing and a tedious book then that affects untold number of people.

You may or may not agree with the content of the Bible, but one thing you can agree with is that it is a readable book. Its stories are appealing and what it teaches are thought provoking. Its language is clear and makes for most people to understand it.

The quran is very different. The author(s) of the quran seems to be very confused, unable to communicate their thoughts sensibly and often jump from one subject to another in the same sentence. The only clear subject in that book is violence. Every other thing is confusing and needs interpretation.

You don’t need a book of interpretation to make sense of the Bible. Even though it claims to be a clear book, easy to understand, clearly explained, and with no doubts in it, Muslims know that without interpretation the quran cannot be understood. Hence the several voluminous books of interpretation written to help Muslims understand it.

The irony is that this has worked to the advantage of Islam. Because the quran is confusing, Muslims can twist it whichever way they want. They can literally talk from both sides of the mouth on any single issue quoting the quran as their source.

Consequently that single book has become a source of problem for both its adherents and others more than one man’s innocent odd behaviour can be to anyone around him.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Empiree: 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
plainbibletruth:

A man may be muddled up and do odd things. That may affect only him and no one else.
nonsense! Why does the other guy believe Jesus is God and this one says he is not? Isnt that confusion?. Even here on NL they are evident. 5 mins clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htciuIqpNfE

But when a religion’s holy book, the Quran is a confusing and a tedious book then that affects untold number of people.
Let's see what's confusing. No muslims have doubt about staus of Jesus or prophets of God. So why are christians confused about who Jesus really was?. That's your homework cheesy

You may or may not agree with the content of the Bible, but one thing you can agree with is that it is a readable book. Its stories are appealing and what it teaches are thought provoking. Its language is clear and makes for most people to understand it.
I can easily dismiss the whole Bible with just one proof. Did Jesus speak English?. If not, then, bible is not his. It was penned by men. See how simple that was?. Read "Who Wrote The Bible" by Richard E. Friedman

The quran is very different. The author(s) of the quran seems to be very confused, unable to communicate their thoughts sensibly and often jump from one subject to another in the same sentence.
Ma Sha Allah !!! thank goodness you said it is different. It has to be different from counterfeits cheesy grin like you have many Jesuses and readers can't figure out which is the true one.

As for sentences 'jumping here and there, that's prophesied in the book of Isaiah 28:10-12

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people."

Indeed, that really described Arabic grin grin

Every other thing is confusing and needs interpretation.
why do you have lots of parables and interpretations in your Bible?. Anytime muslims quote ridiculous verses from your book you always come u with "Jesus speaks in parables" shocked shocked

You don’t need a book of interpretation to make sense of the Bible. Even though it claims to be a clear book, easy to understand, clearly explained, and with no doubts in it, Muslims know that without interpretation the quran cannot be understood. Hence the several voluminous books of interpretation written to help Muslims understand it.
Lol, you are dramatic man. Why then many christians interpret satan taken Jesus to mountain?

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. ◄ Matthew 4:8 ►

And I remember quoting a verse in the book of Malachi back in 2015 during my debate with ifeann aka parisbookaddict, she did not know such verse existed in her book. She thought it was "hadith" of muslims. She quickly rebuked the verse because i didnt post the reference. By the time i showed her reference, she changed story that it is parable. She curried flavored the verse and made up her own interpretation out of it. Now let's see if you interpret this too.

Here is the sh!t grin

"Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the dung from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it." ◄ Malachi 2:3 ►

DEAL WITH IT ^^ cool cool cool

The irony is that this has worked to the advantage of Islam. Because the quran is confusing, Muslims can twist it whichever way they want. They can literally talk from both sides of the mouth on any single issue quoting the quran as their source.
If I ask you now if Jesus is God or not you gonna tell me he is God. If I frustrate and refute you, you will quickly say he is "son of God". If i remind you that you just said he is God, you will speak from both sides of your mouth that Jesus is God and man at the same time in "trinity". So who is speaking from both sides of their mouth now?. I know your fellow christians to call here right now to refute you and i will eat popcorn while you sort yourself out grin grin

Consequently that single book has become a source of problem for both its adherents and others more than one man’s innocent odd behaviour can be to anyone around him.
Your number 1 major problem is catholic 77 books and protestants 66 books. Yet both of them have a verse in the book of revelation which reads

And if anyone should take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, of those having been written in this book.

So did catholics add to their book or protestants take away from their book?. Until you figure this out, you have no iota right to speak about islam grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by true2god: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
plainbibletruth:

The quran is very different. The author(s) of the quran seems to be very confused, unable to communicate their thoughts sensibly and often jump from one subject to another in the same sentence. The only clear subject in that book is violence. Every other thing is confusing and needs interpretation.

You are 100% correct. The Qur'an is the worst literature written by any author. You can never read any 12 to 15 consecutive verses that will make any sense, never. It remains a mystery why Muslims are blind this simple fact.

The Arabs, having seen this limitations, would rather encourage non-arab Muslims to memorized it, in Arabic only, than reading it to understand the context. If you recite the Quran in a language you understand, like Yoruba, you will sound very stupid and foolish to the public, especially Yoruba speakers, because the Quran makes no coherent sense at all.

For Muslims to solve this problem, they resorted to the hadith and the sira, as a back up, to the Quran.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by plainbibletruth: 9:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
Empiree:
nonsense! Why does the other guy believe Jesus is God and this one says he is not? Isnt that confusion?. Even here on NL they are evident.
Let's see what's confusing. No muslims have doubt about staus of Jesus or prophets of God. So why are christians confused about who Jesus really was?. That's your homework cheesy

Ma Sha Allah !!! thank goodness you said it is different. It has to be different from counterfeits.

Indeed, that really described Arabic

It is interesting that when you are unable to defend the quran you resort to DEFLECTION – you shift to the Bible, confuse issues by bringing up different matters at the same time and excite yourself that you have done a good job.

In reality what you have succeeded in doing is behave like the Ostrich – bury your head in the ground and hoping that the ISLAMIC PROBLEM goes away. You prefer FANTASY LAND to the real world.

My comments about the Bible remain. The Bible is on a much higher class than the quran. You just have to live with that TRUTH.

When I said that the quran is different it was not a compliment but the opposite; but maybe you need to take some English comprehension lessons to improve your ability to know simple contrasts.

Quran makes claims that can be proven to be wrong. E.g. that the earth is flat Q.88:20; that sperm is produced between the backbone and the ribs Q.86:6-7, etc.
Quran advocates VIOLENCE against those who do not believe in islam.
The quran CLAIMS to be a copy of a book that existed in heaven and then revealed to Mohamed; how come then that portions of it were later ‘abrogated’ – did the abrogation take place also in the copy of the book in heaven? In which case Allah did not quite know what he wanted and even before creating man and was already changing his views on matters affecting man.

Is it about Adam’s creation, who the first muslim was, whether there is reward for unbelievers, the food people in hell eat, on whether there is compulsion in religion or not? The list is endless.

So on what basis do you believe that the quran is really the word of (a supreme?) Allah?

Have muslims been sold a LIE which they have swallowed hook line and sinker?

Jesus said “I am the way and the Truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me” John 14:6

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Empiree: 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
plainbibletruth:

It is interesting that when you are unable to defend the quran you resort to DEFLECTION – you shift to the Bible, confuse issues by bringing up different matters at the same time and excite yourself that you have done a good job.

In reality what you have succeeded in doing is behave like the Ostrich – bury your head in the ground and hoping that the ISLAMIC PROBLEM goes away. You prefer FANTASY LAND to the real world.
Story Story....defend what?. Did you and your cohorts ever agreed to anything about Quran, and you expect me to waste my time on you?. Joke!....I can only speak language you understand. Yoke cheesy

My comments about the Bible remain. The Bible is on a much higher class than the quran. You just have to live with that TRUTH.
Oops! really?. a book with bunch of unknown authors?. See attachment...You should be ashamed

When I said that the quran is different it was not a compliment but the opposite; but maybe you need to take some English comprehension lessons to improve your ability to know simple contrasts.
Story story....Indeed, Quran is different. A Glorious Book that can not be produced except by Allah Himself. Quran says

"And it was not [possible] for this Qur'an to be produced by other than Allah , but [it is] a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of the [former] Scripture, about which there is no doubt, from the Lord of the worlds." Sura Yunus 37

Quran makes claims that can be proven to be wrong. E.g. that the earth is flat Q.88:20; that sperm is produced between the backbone and the ribs Q.86:6-7, etc.
Lol....where does Quran say earth is "flat" grin grin grin shocked grin I dont even have time for this. I debated this with parrissbookaddict and true2god 2yrs ago and you came around briefly that time. You may look for the thread by "liekiller", lagosshia or shialagos. The subject was discussed there. If you find it you may update me. It is obvious you have no idea what you are saying

Quran advocates VIOLENCE against those who do not believe in islam.
Can't stop laughing. You sound like a loser you know. This is OLD NEWS. You should have upgraded. Again, go to "liekiller's thread where i discussed this with allnaijablogger 2 yrs ago. Aint gonna stress myself with you. But let me drop this for you. In Quran sura 60 verse 8, God says:

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

I hope you embrace Islam one day......that day is fast approaching *wink* cheesy

The quran CLAIMS to be a copy of a book that existed in heaven and then revealed to Mohamed; how come then that portions of it were later ‘abrogated’ – did the abrogation take place also in the copy of the book in heaven? In which case Allah did not quite know what he wanted and even before creating man and was already changing his views on matters affecting man.
Chai, you dont understand anything bro....I thought you are actually "master" of Quran exegesis. You think Quran is novel ehn? kontinu...This too i discussed with malvisguy2012 2yrs ago. If you find the thread in his profile, update me. Feel reluctant to engage you bcus none of you admitted facts we presented. You rather poked funs.

Is it about Adam’s creation, who the first muslim was, whether there is reward for unbelievers, the food people in hell eat, on whether there is compulsion in religion or not? The list is endless.
Seems you randomly selected what you want. So i wont take you serious cus it is obvious that you no nating about islam. For you information, Adam was the first muslim.

So on what basis do you believe that the quran is really the word of (a supreme?) Allah?
There is open challenge from Quran itself. It reads:

We(Allah) have, without doubt, sent down the Message; (Quran) and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). ~ sūrat l-ḥij'r verse 9

Have muslims been sold a LIE which they have swallowed hook line and sinker?
You meant like you were taught 3 in 1 gods that you believe without questioning?. You were told 1+1+1 = 1 grin grin grin shocked shocked FANTASTIC cool

Jesus said “I am the way and the Truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me” John 14:6
I dont have problem with it so why is this issue?. Other prophets and messangers were "The Way, The Truth and The Life to the Father" in their respectful times. o why the fuss?.

In Exodus 14:13 we read something similar

"Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again."

Anything else? cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by plainbibletruth: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Empiree:

Story story....Indeed, Quran is different. A Glorious Book that can not be produced except by Allah Himself. Quran says

"And it was not [possible] for this Qur'an to be produced by other than Allah , but [it is] a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of the [former] Scripture, about which there is no doubt, from the Lord of the worlds." Sura Yunus 37

We(Allah) have, without doubt, sent down the Message; (Quran) and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). ~ sūrat l-ḥij'r verse 9

Anything else?

Yes!

The quran’s errors include factual errors, moral errors and theological errors.

When taken up with muslims, a problem passage with one of these errors is usually approached by their coming with - The “marvel” of “smart” interpretation

They say something like “Yes, you find that said there, BUT what it REALLY MEANT is bla, bla, bla, “

For a book that is said to be CLEAR, when it takes a lot of rigmarole to arrive at the meaning of words, phrases and sentences or even passages then it's either the book is not as clear as it says it is or set itself up to be interpreted incorrectly from the beginning.

When the quran is quoted muslim apologists run to the hadith. When the hadith is quoted they put up disclaimers. If this is not deception and confusion I wonder what it is.

Why didn’t a book that is meant to be CLEAR plainly state what Allah meant?

See what the “glorious” book says: (Or will you tell me the quran didn’t say this too?)
Sura 18:83-86 claims the sun (which is 1.3 million times bigger than the earth) sets in a pool of water!
Here’s the quote:
“And they ask you, [O Muhammad], about Dhul-Qarnayn [Alexander the Great]. Say, "I will recite to you about him a report."
Indeed We established him upon the earth, and We gave him to everything a way.
So he followed a way
Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn[Alexander the Great], either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness
."

Notice the following about the passage in question:
"he FOUND it setting in a miry spring, or spring of dark mud" which is to say that HE FOUND THE SUN SETTING IN A..... It did not say "he SAW AN IMAGE of the sun. It says he FOUND THE SUN.

Look at the entire portion: "Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near it a people"

Note what the last portion says: " ..........and he found near it a people" He found a people where?
Note that it started with: “Until, when he reached the setting of the sun......" He REACHED where?

Let’s see Mohamed confirming it:
By turning to hadith.
In Sunan Abu Dawud 3991 we find this:
Abu Dhar said: I was sitting behind the Apostle of Allah who was riding a donkey while the sun was setting. He asked: Do you know where this sets? I replied: Allah and his Apostle know best. He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.
We can immediately see then that there is absolutely no room for reinterpretation of what the quran said.

So the PERFECTLY CLEAR quran tells us that the sun sets in a pool of water. I hope you’re still laughing?

It is a CLEAR FACT that the sun does not set in a pool of water.

Can a book – the quran – which says this and by so doing clearly propagating error be trusted?

Way Out!
Follow the only unique and supernatural One – Jesus Christ who said:
“I am the way, the truth, and the life. NO ONE comes to the Father EXCEPT through me” (Jn. 14:6).
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:3)
“He who believes in the Son (as Saviour) has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him” (Jn. 3:36).
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Empiree: 1:16am On Mar 30, 2017
^^

OK, I see your quotes. Will be glad to reply in sha Allah.

However, before then, I will like to find out what exactly is your point?. I want to know what you understood by those verses so as to figure how what you need because I never have any problems with them.

I know it was brought up before by your brothers in christ 2yrs ago and also recently. So please tell me what do think the verses are saying. Thank you

Note that this is my favorite chapter and you may never know what empire is cooking cheesy
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 7:16am On Mar 30, 2017
Empiree:
^^

OK, I see your quotes. Will be glad to reply in sha Allah.

However, before then, I will like to find out what exactly is your point?. I want to know what you understood by those verses so as to figure how what you need because I never have any problems with them.

I know it was brought up before by your brothers in christ 2yrs ago and also recently. So please tell me what do think the verses are saying. Thank you

Note that this is my favorite chapter and you may never know what empire is cooking cheesy
Pls, it shouldn't be about what he understands about the verse, cos the verse is clear enough to make everyone who read it all have the same interpretation.

What you should be doing now is using Al taquiya to twist the clear verse so as to make it have a different meaning in order to cover your prophets failure.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by alBHAGDADI: 7:32am On Mar 30, 2017
Empiree:

I dont have problem with it so why is this issue?. Other prophets and messangers were "The Way, The Truth and The Life to the Father" in their respectful times. o why the fuss?.

In Exodus 14:13 we read something similar

"Moses Answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again."

Anything else? cheesy
Pls, don't tell that this verse you quoted is what described Moses is the WAY. grin

now I know why the Islamic world is so backward e.g Northern Nigeria. Muslims are never allowed to have a different opinion other than what the Quran and Islam dishes out to them. So, when they come across Bible verses, instead of following the meaning the verse clearly conveys, they ignore it and prefer to view that verse via Islamic lenses or knowledge.

Islam has told you that all the Bible prophets were the way to God in their time. But all those prophets spoke of the one true way to come which is Yahshua the Messiah who will make a huge sacrifice that will redeem mankind once for all.

If other prophets were the way for the people of their love time, as you Muslims claim, now that Mohammad is dead, why do you keep saying he is still the way for people of today? A man that was a murderer and liar?

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by analice107: 11:34am On Mar 30, 2017
Origin:
My brother no too confuse. Because Isa taught us to pray "Our father who art in heaven".

Let me direct you to a site for review so you can ascertain how the translations of the bible has come into being.

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/01/02/thats-not-what-bible-says-294018.html

Wikipedia can also be of help. Or just google it.

You say God has a son. We say God is above that. You worship Isa, Muslims do not. When Isa said " Hear o Israel thy Lord thy God is One"

Kneeling and prostrating are all forms of worship.

Clapping singing dancing have never been forms of worship.

If I call God "My father, My Lord, My King" does that make me and God equal. Or does it reduce the fact that I am mere pencil in the hand of the creator.
Your Allah is not our Yahweh, Your Isa is not our Christ.

Our Yahweh called Our Jesus 'MY Son'. and our Jesus called Yahweh My Father. Besides, Jesus never called God anything else but My Father.

Maintain your lane to the kaaba where allah lives, stop confusing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by analice107: 11:39am On Mar 30, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

Muslims think everyone is as gullible as they are. In Christianity, the physical posture you adopt while praying means absolutely nothing. It is the sincerety of the your heart towards God that determines the pureness of a Christians prayers.

Jesus said in John 4:23 that:

....The true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

That is foundation upon which Christian prayer is built. On spiritual conviction and truth.

As you have mentioned my brother, Jesus also prayed by lifting his eyes to the heavens in John 17:1

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee......

Compare Jesus' lifting of his eyes towards heaven with what Muhammad said about praying in this manner:

And you can see that Muslims are a confused and pitiful lot of people.

What Their eyes will be snatched away? Is that not folklore/ Superstition?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by analice107: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2017
Rilwayne001:
grin grin mumu
Myn44 come get this one. Rule No 2 violated.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by analice107: 11:49am On Mar 30, 2017
gabe:
Jews pray 5 times a day. Jesus was a jew so he prayed like one. Moslems do d same, Jews do abulution before prayer. Same for moslems. Jews recite the shammah y'israel: hear o israel, d Lord ur God is one. Moslems: i declare there is only one God, and mohammed is his messenger. Jews pray facing jerusalem. Moslems face mecca. Judaism was up to 1000 yrs before Islam. Please be honest to yourself:who copied who?
The Jews pray 5times a day? i will like to see where the instruction to that effect is given.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by analice107: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2017
EazyMoh:
confused fella and his co-drifters.
Jesus being alleged son of God and falling on his face to the ground and praying are two different things. You can't use one's argument to defend the other. Your thread is about how Jesus fell on his face and prayed, If you want to talk about how you believed Jesus was "biological" begotten son of God you can as usual open another thread.
To the topic, You agreed that Jesus indeed fell on his face to the ground and he termed it PRAYING. Now the question is How many times have you (or any other Christian) tried to be Christ-like in this particular mode of prayer. Chances are you have never done that.
Instead you hide behind "praying" in whatever form and manner you like, that's how your Pastors end up raping married women under the guise of special prayer, overnight, in his room, with lights off.....
Also ask yourselves has Jesus ever prayed dancing shoki and twerking ladies?
How is your mode of worship ever Christ-like?
Keep deceiving yourself.
Calm down. Is it the mode He took that interests you or what he said in that mode? Why did you ignore the other mode where He (Jesus) lifted up his eyes to heaven?

Since you want to be more Jesus than us, why aren't you lifting your eyes up to heaven calling God your father?

Wait! is God your father? Nooo.

Gerrarahia.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by analice107: 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
Amberon:
Yes they do. Ish is, there are not enough Camels down here to piss more urine for all the muslims to have a good sip, especially the Yoruba muslims. But, i guess the Northerners enjoy their Piss Lager.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Blackfire(m): 12:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
analice107:

Your Allah is not our Yahweh, Your Isa is not our Christ.

Our Yahweh called Our Jesus 'MY Son'. and our Jesus called Yahweh My Father. Besides, Jesus never called God anything else but My Father.

Maintain your lane to the kaaba where allah lives, stop confusing yourself.

Wicked
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by analice107: 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
Blackfire:

Wicked
Hey Man. sup?
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Blackfire(m): 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
analice107:

Hey Man. sup?

Laughing myself to stupor, how u mix punchline with hard knock comments... Just wicked.

Check us e mail.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by Rilwayne001: 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
analice107:

Myn44 come get this one. Rule No 2 violated.

For what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by annunaki2(m): 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
analice107:

The whole Islam is based on folklore and superstition. gringringrin
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by DirewolfofStark(m): 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
analice107:

Muhammad was an uneducated illiterate so folklore/superstition would be familiar to him.
Re: Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? by analice107: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

Muhammad was an uneducated illiterate so folklore/superstition would be familiar to him.
And half of mankind is following him to hellfire, hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Split My Tithe? / Christian Evangelist Dismantles Atheism With One Scientific Question / Truth, Light And Bread Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.