Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

"One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) (37058 Views)

Lady Attacked By One Chance Robbers In Ibadan (Photos) / 'One Chance' Robbers Busted By Police As One Jumps Into Lagoon With Loot. Photo / Armed Robbers Use POS Device To Rob Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Nairadays: 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
My In-law also got robbed at this same Yaba during early morning rush. They used POS machine to collect her money and also robbed her of her phones and personal belongings. We just Thank God she wasn't harmed or raped.

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by gtin(m): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
Y wud the Pastor carry all is church's ATM? Is he d accountant?
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by AshawoGirl(f): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by botad(m): 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
Robbers dey use POS!

Time to relocate!
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ralphlauren:
lies.

it is impossible for a POS transaction to be untraceable.

POS machines are not issued to just any dick, tom and harry.

the banks ensure thorough due dilligence is carried out before POS machines are issued. due dilligence includes collecting the IDs, visiting the actual business address, etc of any business customer
Thanks jare.
Was about saying same.
Some people just come and post anything on social media and forget some professionals are here to verify some info.

2 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by olufemijason: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
We Nigerians have to be security conscious. Recession has created more evil minded criminals everywhere.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by bluntly: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
untraceable! how -
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by mazimee(m): 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ralphlauren:
[size=15pt]lies.[/size]

POS machines are not issued to just any dick, tom and harry.

the banks ensure thorough due dilligence is carried out before POS machines are issued. due dilligence includes collecting the ID of the business owner(s) and visiting the actual business address of any business customer

I guess it was all lies then. Anything to get attention.

3 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by loomer: 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
How bank go say the money is untraceable?

Na offshore account them send am to?

3 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by felixomor: 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Lies.

That person in the bank, who told u the POS is untraceable is probably a collaborator.....

5 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by blackbelt(m): 8:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
dis 1 c.rios oo
dat a new level in crime
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by shounited(f): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
oviejnr:
Those thieves mean business, them no wan hear say i no get change or i no carry money comot for house. Na to dey drop ATM for house before i enter public transport now. That pastor go don dey collect Drip by now for hospital grin grin

a[b]swear you need to check your brain,what is funny about the post??

incident that is causing someone sleepless night your are laughing....dont worry,you are next on the list[/b]

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by somdan7: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ponzi website for sale.To be lunched in d next 4days
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Kjo2017: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
Heard of this pos stuff too in river ogoni road precisely but I argued that it's not possible to use pos now am feeling it's true
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Nairadays: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
mazimee:
I seriously hope that this is just fabricated story, this is the height of robbery if it happens to be real. Very dangerous and scary.

It's not a fabricated story. We're still thanking God for my sister in-law who was robbed in like manner very early in the morning at Yaba 3 weeks ago. The robbers used POS machine and collected her 30k

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Mirror97: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
Na to dey use cheque book now oo... Even Atm no safe undecided
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by ceejay80s(m): 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
oviejnr:
Those thieves mean business, them no wan hear say i no get change or i no carry money comot for house. Na to dey drop ATM for house before i enter public transport now. That pastor go don dey collect Drip by now for hospital grin grin

Don't take ur atm home, I dey always leave mine in my office, no matter what

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by slick1(m): 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
oviejnr:

U r an armed robber. That's y u r happy at the deeds of ur other colleagues...
Foolish product of a foolish lineage
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by oviejnr(m): 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
shounited:

a[b]swear you need to check your brain,what is funny about the post??

incident that is causing someone sleepless night your are laughing....dont worry,you are next on the list[/b]
You need a brain evaluation, im just been sarcastic. People like you take life too serious, now get your silly head off my mention.

2 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Intrepid01(m): 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2017
It seems people prefer to share bad news this days more than doing the needful....how can you say the bank claim the transaction is untraceable in this century?

She should call a lawyer and get the bank sued....POS machines are issued with records and everu transaction has a unique identifier from each machine....so what's the excuse of not traceable.?

2 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Jones4190(m): 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
Breaking News...........President Buhari was in a meeting with
all the governors, senators, MHR, FEC,NNPC directors and all
fuel importers when the news came that central bank was
being robbed...he said how is that possible when all the
thieves are seated here with m
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Btruth: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
NextGovernor:

Very traceable but our bank are quacks who would never bother there selves with cases like this. They are always interested in financial transactions they will benefit..

Naija is a very funny country my dear. Same thing happened to my younger sister in her school hostel in benin... Robbers came with POS and empty all of the hostel occupants account. One of them took the case to her bank and they traces it to a business owner in Lagos. My bother/sister nazo bank use them run up and down and they fill form pass 100 times anytime them come to bank. Police report, court affidavit and many request. All becos of frustration from bank they back out one after the other. Na so the matter die till today.
.......but, are we truly secured in this country at all?

If banks cannot trace a crime committed with a POS, so what else can they do?

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by oviejnr(m): 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
slick1:

U r an armed robber. That's y u r happy at the deeds of ur other colleagues...
Foolish product of a foolish lineage
what is this one saying?? If you cant read the sacarsm, your lost. i wont bring myself so low to talk about your lineage.

2 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by oviejnr(m): 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
ceejay80s:

Don't take ur atm home, I dey always leave mine in my office, no matter what
I go almost everywhere with it bro, sometimes i forget it in the car. Dont know Lagos has turned to something else, na wa oh. Thanks between.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by BBBlaze: 9:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
Innovation in robbery!...robbers r now diversifying, no b only FG dey diversify!....buh dey shuld remebr dat d KARMA and THUNDER dat will jam dem so , still dey for heaven dey gym!
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Adelawysb: 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
The robber can be traced. The lady should go to the bank and request for her statement of account. Every bank has a unique code for POS from the unique code called terminal ID the arm robber bank can be traced and KYC would reveal the arm robber identity.

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by coolsegun2002: 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
NextGovernor:

Very traceable but our bank are quacks who would never bother there selves with cases like this. They are always interested in financial transactions they will benefit..

Naija is a very funny country my dear. Same thing happened to my younger sister in her school hostel in benin... Robbers came with POS and empty all of the hostel occupants account. One of them took the case to her bank and they traces it to a business owner in Lagos. My bother/sister nazo bank use them run up and down and they fill form pass 100 times anytime them come to bank. Police report, court affidavit and many request. All becos of frustration from bank they back out one after the other. Na so the matter die till today.

That's when transfer was done between two nigerian commercial bank account..i.e when POS is linked to a Nigerian e-remittance account opened by a particular bank
But those thieves that rob with POS aren't stupid naaa. tracing and recovery becomes high tech cos POS like that will only serve as a conduit to online accounts like paypal, Google wallet, skrill, payoneer.
No Nigerian bank will waste their IT resources to recover money that got lost from cases like duress pin compromise. technically it ain't the bank's fault.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by ExInferis(m): 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ralphlauren:
LIES

POS machines are not issued to just any dick, tom or harry.

the banks ensure thorough due dilligence is carried out before POS machines are issued. due dilligence includes collecting the ID of the business owner(s) and visiting the actual business address of any business customer

Even easier method: the stolen funds terminate at another bank account in the end. Find the owner of that account and voila! Robbers caught...

Except the banks are the robbers.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Jabioro: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
If robbers can used pos to rob they are dumb then.. because POS is attached an account,.when it swap the funds go to deposit account. so how come that is not traceable... soonest they will meet there Waterloo

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by newmusic: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
You can trace POS, lazy bankers! We use POS and we can trace every transactions that pass through our POS, Infact Diamond bank have this habit of debiting our account if a client reports unsuccessful debit transaction to them without contacting us, also Skye Bank. So POS transaction is traceable abeg...

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by meskana212(m): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
The man of God was crying and you were smiling...that means no much fund for your account. Because the pastor can easily raise that cash with 3-day packed crusade..,..I don't know about you grin grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by TDonald: 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ralphlauren:
LIES

POS machines are not issued to just any dick, tom or harry.

Oga you get sense jàre, na only mumu dey believe all those Twitter stories

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Armed Robber Burnt To Death In Cross Rivers State (Disturbing Graphic Pics / Bike Rider Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Debt (Photos) / EndSARS: 3 Protesters Feared Dead In Ogbomoso After Attack On Soun’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.