Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:44 PM

"One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) (37207 Views)

Lady Attacked By One Chance Robbers In Ibadan (Photos) / 'One Chance' Robbers Busted By Police As One Jumps Into Lagoon With Loot. Photo / Armed Robbers Use POS Device To Rob Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Moving4: 9:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
It is well
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Nathan2016: 9:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hope say na so u go dey laf, if e happen to you.
oviejnr:
Those thieves mean business, them no wan hear say i no get change or i no carry money comot for house. Na to dey drop ATM for house before i enter public transport now. That pastor go don dey collect Drip by now for hospital grin grin

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by mfm04622: 9:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ralphlauren:
LIES

it is impossible for a POS transaction to be untraceable.

POS machines are not issued to just any dick, tom or harry.

the banks ensure thorough due dilligence is carried out before POS machines are issued. due dilligence includes collecting the ID of the business owner(s) and visiting the actual business address of any business customer

Also, POS are linked to an account! Sebi POS need an account to deposit the money it is deducting from ATM to? Except they are just using the POS to confirm the pin their victims gave them

2 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by logica(m): 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ralphlauren:
LIES

the banks ensure thorough due dilligence is carried out before POS machines are issued. due dilligence includes collecting the ID of the business owner(s) and visiting the actual business address of any business customer
But checking the account balance is not recorded against a POS...or is it? If the former is true, that is a loophole. For instance, if you go to your ATM to check your account balance, it is not recorded as a transaction. Although I expect some sort of log in the back-end.

2 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by karwa: 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
the transaction must originate from one acct to another which are all traceable after BVN, in saner climes of 14th century where humans exist,the beneficiary platform-acct,number,detail,codes,identity would be traced and frozen and blocked, its a shame insult in this era,failure of BVN,this could not happen even somalia of 1912.

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
WetDreamz:
Everybody sha wan trend. POS transactions are very Traceable.Mtchew lipsrsealed

You don't get it. They only use the POS to make sure the pin you gave them is correct. Remember if you punch a wrong pin in any POS it will show invalid pin, That way they will hold you and send one of theirs to any nearby ATM to check your account balance and transfer your money to their destination account. If this story is true the we are in for a long tin

3 Likes

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by geunik(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Foolish robbers. The post...slim can be trace of which i believe is not for them and all atm have a camera that snaps a pic when you enter your pin, click acc type, amount to withdraw and proceed. Four pics for a withdrawal process at maybe different angles. All that is needed is for your bank to tell you which atm that was use and just visit the bank. Maybe they got an insider in the bank atm they are using
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Engrr(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Ralphlauren:
LIES

The OP just said that they used POS to verify the pin they got. Ofcourse it they use the POS to do the transactions, they will be traced and caught.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by distilledwalex(m): 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
This one is strong

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by suremanpatriot: 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
...nigerian banks are monkeys if they cannot track this simple thing. This is a major financial crime that these banks should hav forensic system to protect customers,otherwise they too keeping mute means they are deviously fraudulent. undecided
Besides I don't know why banks issue pos to people without tagging the pos with holders' names to show on transactions printout. undecided so many pos dont show holders names and any bank that issued that pos is fraudulent must made to pay darely...am military and my military instinct tells me that many banks insiders are involved in this evil.

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Ralphlauren(m): 10:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Engrr:

The OP just said that they used POS to verify the pin they got. Ofcourse it they use the POS to do the transactions, they will be traced and caught.

go back and read the original story again.

she claims a transaction was done and apart from that, the pastor lost all the funds in his account
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by mavinc4u(f): 12:04am On Mar 25, 2017
Ralphlauren:

go back and read the original story again.

she claims a transaction was done and apart from that, the pastor lost all the funds in his account

She said they used POS to verify the pin then Sent someone to ATM to withdraw the money, that was how she and the pastor lost their funds to them.

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Ralphlauren(m): 12:16am On Mar 25, 2017
mavinc4u:

She said they used POS to verify the pin then Sent someone to ATM to withdraw the money, that was how she and the pastor lost their funds to them.

I guess you are blind.

Look at the tweet again and read it carefully.

Emphasis on the word "transferrrd".

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by mavinc4u(f): 12:35am On Mar 25, 2017
Ralphlauren:

I guess you are blind.

Look at the tweet again and read it carefully.

Emphasis on the word "transferrrd".

You are actually the one that is blind or probably you are running very low on IQ. Didn't you read the poster's message before reading the lady's tweet? Ode, money can also be transferred using ATM cards.
Be warned, choose your words wisely next time.

1 Like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by princemartinsG(m): 12:51am On Mar 25, 2017
This is the new trend of felony and criminality in our country.

Nevertheless these culprits can be traced, arrested and made to face the wrath of the law.

If this truly happened to you, a friend or relative the authorities can actually unravel the culprit
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by fyneguy: 1:09am On Mar 25, 2017
Not traceable ke?

That's a big lie
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by seunajia: 1:29am On Mar 25, 2017
mavinc4u:

You are actually the one that is blind or probably you are running very low on IQ. Didn't you read the poster's message before reading the lady's tweet? Ode, money can also be transferred using ATM cards.
Be warned, choose your words wisely next time.

You should clean your mouth and please don't revel in ignorance.

Either way, balance inquiry, if that's what they use the pos for, can be traced by the bank just like a purchase, transfer, etc. A request from a pos is logged by every system in the chain, including the cardholder's bank.

Unlikely scenarios:
"rogue" pos, unconnected to the central system/nibss.
Offline pin verification only, transaction was cancelled before it went online.

All transactions in Nigeria are EASILY traceable.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by lonelydora: 4:19am On Mar 25, 2017
NextGovernor:

Very traceable but our bank are quacks who would never bother there selves with cases like this. They are always interested in financial transactions they will benefit..

Naija is a very funny country my dear. Same thing happened to my younger sister in her school hostel in benin... Robbers came with POS and empty all of the hostel occupants account. One of them took the case to her bank and they traces it to a business owner in Lagos. My bother/sister nazo bank use them run up and down and they fill form pass 100 times anytime them come to bank. Police report, court affidavit and many request. All becos of frustration from bank they back out one after the other. Na so the matter die till today.

Sue the hell out of that bank.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 25, 2017
AshawoGirl:

The robbers are Igbos right?
i will slap u. Do u think we're joking here?

Better go back to romance section and continue ur nonsense.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 25, 2017
luckystar39:
Thanks to God for success in yesterdays fixed game view details from pic
you would meet ur Waterloo one day. Thief
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by maasoap(m): 7:25am On Mar 25, 2017
Ralphlauren:
LIES

All the reason you put above doesn't make this news a lie. Wait, what if the thieves are dumbasses who don't care if it is possible to trace the incident back to them. We have seen more dumb act of robbing people in the past. This is not the first time we are reading about thieves going about robbing people with POS. Besides, this stated that the POS was used to verify the cards' PIN.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by maasoap(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2017
kunmibadmus:

Thanks jare.
Was about saying same.
Some people just come and post anything on social media and forget some professionals are here to verify some info.
The fact that it is traceable doesn't mean you can't be robbed through this method. Not every robber is intelligent like you, not every robber cares about the trace. That's why you see them robbing and/or killing their victims and going about using their victims phones or selling it to people that are close to them.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by mavinc4u(f): 7:42am On Mar 25, 2017
seunajia:

You should clean your mouth and please don't revel in ignorance.

Either way, balance inquiry, if that's what they use the pos for, can be traced by the bank just like a purchase, transfer, etc. A request from a pos is logged by every system in the chain, including the cardholder's bank.

Unlikely scenarios:
"rogue" pos, unconnected to the central system/nibss.
Offline pin verification only, transaction was cancelled before it went online.

All transactions in Nigeria are EASILY traceable.

From the write up, it was not stated that they used it to verify balance, it was only used to verify pin. I am not disputing if it can be traced or not. I know as long as card was inserted, there should be record depending on POS used or bank but some banks only keep record if you have chosen any option to transact on that was why they probably told her that it cannot be traced.
Saying all transactions in Nigeria can be traced is wrong because not even all transactions in the world can be traced, if professionals handle some transactions then they will delete all traces that you can't even make a move in tracing anything.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by alsudaes1(m): 7:45am On Mar 25, 2017
NextGovernor:

Very traceable but our bank are quacks who would never bother there selves with cases like this. They are always interested in financial transactions they will benefit..

Naija is a very funny country my dear. Same thing happened to my younger sister in her school hostel in benin... Robbers came with POS and empty all of the hostel occupants account. One of them took the case to her bank and they traces it to a business owner in Lagos. My bother/sister nazo bank use them run up and down and they fill form pass 100 times anytime them come to bank. Police report, court affidavit and many request. All becos of frustration from bank they back out one after the other. Na so the matter die till today.
A friend experienced something similar
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by seunajia: 8:06am On Mar 25, 2017
mavinc4u:

From the write up, it was not stated that they used it to verify balance, it was only used to verify pin. I am not disputing if it can be traced or not. I know as long as card was inserted, there should be record depending on POS used or bank but some banks only keep record if you have chosen any option to transact on that was why they probably told her that it cannot be traced.
Saying all transactions in Nigeria can be traced is wrong because not even all transactions in the world can be traced, if professionals handle some transactions then they will delete all traces that you can't even make a move in tracing anything.

What does the bold even mean? As for the rest, too many Hollywood movies, eh? To do that in Nigeria today, you need to clean that record off the device, NIBSS, Switch, issuing bank, acquiring bank, processor and sometimes PTSP. How much is worth the trouble of hacking all these systems?
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by mavinc4u(f): 8:13am On Mar 25, 2017
seunajia:

What does the bold even mean? As for the rest, too many Hollywood movies, eh? To do that in Nigeria today, you need to clean that record off the device, NIBSS, Switch, issuing bank, acquiring bank, processor and sometimes PTSP. How much is worth the trouble of hacking all these systems?

grin he will not understand. Don't worry.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by delishpot: 8:15am On Mar 25, 2017
Ralphlauren:
LIES

Can you imagine?
She just post that lie for publicity or pity? I trust naija babes, if say dem beat her true true, she for post photos join.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 25, 2017
maasoap:

The fact that it is traceable doesn't mean you can't be robbed through this method. Not every robber is intelligent like you, not every robber cares about the trace. That's why you see them robbing and/or killing their victims and going about using their victims phones or selling it to people that are close to them.
Yeaaa, I accept the method is possible.
But I don't agree with not being traceable.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by waldigit: 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
ovokoooo:
A lady who fell victim to "Once chance" robbers narrates how they use POS machine to verify whether the pic gotten from victims are correct before one of them goes to withdraw the money.

SOURCE: http://ovoko.com.ng/lady-falls-victim-one-chance-robbers-use-pos-operating-pictured/

those ATM robbers are attached to a big bank official and security officer else the crime is not feasible.
Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Fhowe: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
it is not a pos machine it is a card skimmer that looks like a pos machine a card skimmer captures all your atm data i.e card number, name, Security ,expiry date and all and your pin . Once they get all this data they can use it on online plattforms to get your money it is a pity bankers on this forum can not even explain this naija na wa ooo this what a card skimmer that looks like a pos looks like

Re: "One Chance" Robbers Who Use POS Rob A Lady & Pastor (pictured) by Fhowe: 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
so here is the trick they make you believe your money has been transferred if you can place a call to your bank customer service within 2-3 minutes after you are let to go(place a no debit order on your account and block your atm) your money will be safe cause this card skimmer has to be plugged to a laptop or something to download all the card information that has been stored on it so they tend to operate at odd hours when most banks have closed for the day and most customer care dont even pick up after closing hours so that is as Simple as A B C madam and oga wey dey form i dey work for access bank i dey work for diamond bank una don see the explanation why it is not traceable cause no POS was invovled in the first place it is just a Skimmer made in a pos form

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Badoo Cult Members Bundled Into A Car After Being Arrested In Lagos. Photos / How Armed Robbers Killed My Mother On New Year Day - Nigerian Lady / Man Who Took His Wife To Swear An Oath Over Sex Brutalizes And Batters Her. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.