Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria (5192 Views)

Rejoinder_how Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria - Ynaija / How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria - Ynaija / How Lagos May Be Underdeveloping The Rest Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
Cjrane2:

Population of the north is only "rising" on paper.

A true census is impossible in Nigeria since the sharing of Niger Delta oil resources is based on purported population size. Therefore, the north dominating the civil service etc, will ALWAYS cite huge bogus population figures to get a lion share of other peoples' resources.

Kathmandu:
Population Population can be blessing to the Chinese but it has been the reverse to the North today. Thomas Malthus gave a doomsday prediction about Britain then on their rising population but invariably he was talking to Northern Nigeria whose population is on a geometrical rise while basic amenities and infrastructure are growing arithmetically.

The Northern population if not checked will continue to place a burden on the scarce resources of the South. The problem is that the northern population has a 80% illiterate and dependency population which is mostly unskilled.

There should be birth control in the North and also the government and wealthy individuals should invest massively in education to nip the population catastrophe that's on the horizon

They are already disagreeing between themselves. grin grin grin.

One is of the view that the high population of the North is setting Nigeria backward while the other is saying the North is not actually very populous, both in the same camp.

Una go taya.

4 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by diablos: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
ItsMeAboki:

That is why many of you bigots are trooping to Dubai and Malaysia etc - I guess to develop them, abi?
[/s]

Says an unrepentant islamic almajiri terrorist. Dubai and Malaysia are developed 2day bcuz they pay less priority to religion especially islam which they knw comes wit backwardness. Ask urslf y dubai and Malaysia which u jst named don't receive refugees frm muslim lands like iraq, syria, etc. The north has nothing to offer Nigeria xcept bokoharam, polio, almajiris and leprosy. U shud b ashamed of urslf angry

5 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
diablos:
[s]

Says an unrepentant islamic almajiri terrorist. Dubai and Malaysia are developed 2day bcuz they pay less priority to religion especially islam which they knw comes wit backwardness. Ask urslf y dubai and Malaysia which u jst named don't receive refugees frm muslim lands like iraq, syria, etc. The north has nothing to offer Nigeria xcept bokoharam, polio, almajiris and leprosy. U shud b ashamed of urslf angry
[/s]

While the South offers armed robbery, human rituals, cultism, human and drug trafficking, kidnapping, prostitution and any other social ills. Pls don't mention oil in addition cos that's natural deposit.

Dubai and Malaysia not paying priority to Islam? Hahahahahahahahaha, so even Islamic countries don't give priority to Islam again? Dey don come with their Aba made lies.
Very soon, they will start telling us that those countries are indeed christian countries.

4 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by NASTYNASOSO: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
Kathmandu:
If you are yoruba then it's not a new thing defending your masterd

HMMMM.

YOUR CASE IS THAT REVERSE MENTALITY AND SYNCHRONISED CONFUSION. THE SLAVE MASTER COMPLEX YOU ARE HAVING IS A PENCHANT OF AN IN BUILT PARONIA.
MY DAD IS HAUSA FULANI AND MY MUM IS IBO/YORUBA
I AM MY OWN MASTER AND A NIGERIAN. SORRY,YOU MISSED THIS TIME AROUND

3 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by KevinDein: 9:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nusaf:
[s][/s]

While the South offers armed robbery, human rituals, cultism, human and drug trafficking, kidnapping, prostitution and any other social ills. Pls don't mention oil in addition cos that's natural deposit.

Dubai and Malaysia not paying priority to Islam? Hahahahahahahahaha, so even Islamic countries don't give priority to Islam again? Dey don come with their Aba made lies.
Very soon, they will start telling us that those countries are indeed christian countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
diablos:

Another one apparently not yet weaned off stupidity and bigotry; you equated backwards with Islam; I therefore gave you examples of Islamic countries/cities which you Islamophobic bigots nonetheless flock to despite of the religion and you are here giving excuses that it was because these places are not giving religion priority - what nonsense!
Your reference to refuge issues is not worth responding to; though I am still wondering why many of you are still gravitating to even war torn places like Libya and why you are fast constituting to such nuisances to the extent that they are forced to start tightening their immigration policies against Nigerians and/or expelling you out in bus loads - even as late as this week?

Finally, pray tell; how does Islam in northern Nigeria also hold back your own progress?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nafizzey(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Another idiotic fallacy.

Northerners are predominantly farmers and majority of that population you spoke of are actively engaged in ensuring national food security that is probably responsible for keeping some of you well fed.

How can those who contribute significantly to the GPD (which essentially is the engine that drives the economy) be considered as dependant and a burden to scarce resources - when they are in fact significant contributors to national GDP (by themselves as a ppl and from what they produce - pls don't start yapping the usual song of oil, because oil contributes less than 15% to the GDP).

BTW, if the northern population is a curse; why then are you guys going to the extremes of breeding yourselves like farm animals in various baby factories and selling your babies for as little as 20K?

Lastly, you ought to know that education isn't everything but natural intelligence is - I need not have to remind you of Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Dangote etc; all of them non-graduate billionaires and heads of their own conglomerates employing thousands of supposed educated individuals like yourself.

We are equally aware of so called educated ppl with PhDs from the south like GEJ and his wife Mama Peace and how they constituted a national disgrace and made this country the laughing stock of the international community.
They were not only a disgrace to themselves but a also disgrace to their educational institutions and other holders of the qualifications they allegedly possess - though it is not too difficult to phathom how they might have obtained their certificates.
@bolded, Chaiii see fataLity, Kayi mata a hankali mana.Take it easy on the poor old woman. She opened thread so as to attack and insult the Northeners as usual using ethnic sentiment only for her to get disgraced and defeated in her own thread...

Nonsense!

4 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by diablos: 10:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
Nusaf:

[/s]

I see my post pain u wella...which of my points hit ur medulla? D almajiri? Leprosy or polio issue cus i knw ure not hardened enuff for bokoharam grin

If u like u can ram my mentions wit ur average motorpark comments which add no value 2 d thread...d north will forever remain backward even in d next 50 decades...dats if bokoharam no finish una by then...Ahahahahhahaha grin wink grin

2 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nafizzey:
@bolded, Chaiii see fataLity, Kayi mata a hankali mana.Take it easy on the poor old woman. She opened thread so as to attack and insult the Northeners as usual using ethnic sentiment only for her to get disgraced and defeated in her own thread...

Nonsense!

Sometimes it is good not to take any prisoners.
She got what she deserved and it may serve as warning to others who may be tempted to try same in future.

4 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by KevinDein: 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
diablos:

I see my post pain u wella...which of my points hit ur medulla? D almajiri? Leprosy or polio issue cus i knw ure not hardened enuff for bokoharam grin

If u like u can ram my mentions wit ur average motorpark comments which add no value 2 d thread...d north will forever remain backward even in d next 50 decades...dats if bokoharam no finish una by then...Ahahahahhahaha grin wink grin
You write very poorly. All those abbreviations and all. What exactly is "enuff"?

I reckon you are also another product of the infamous special centers in the South East, eh? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
diablos:
[s]

[/s]

Hahahahahahahahaha, the usual empty and inconsequential rants. The practitioners in all sorts of crimes ever known to mankind has something to say about backwardness. I foresee a region to be consumed in no too distant future by greed-propelled crime. You can keep living in self denial while awaiting for the d-day boy.

Just take a look at where "developed" creatures reside.

9 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by diablos: 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
ItsMeAboki:

Another one apparently not yet weaned off stupidity and bigotry; you equated backwards with Islam; I therefore gave you examples of Islamic countries/cities which you Islamophobic bigots nonetheless flock to despite of the religion and you are giving excuses that it is because these places have not giving religion priority - what nonsense!
Your reference to refuge issues is not worth responding to; though I am still wondering why many of you are still gravitating to even war torn places like Libya and why you are fast constituting to such nuisances to the extent that they are forced to start tightening their immigration policies against Nigerians and/or expelling you out in bus loads - even as late as this week?

Finally, pray tell; how does Islam in northern Nigeria also hold back your own progress?
[/s]

Like seriously? All diz epistles u jst typed n no point deduced angry Quota system is indeed terrible. U shud go back 2 primary schl n get tutored on comprehension and hw 2 summarize essays. Wen ure done we can get back 2 where we stopped. Bt b4 then...

2 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by diablos: 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
KevinDein:

You write very poorly. All those abbreviations and all. What exactly is "enuff"?

I reckon you are also another product of the infamous special centers in the South East, eh? grin
[/s]

Anoda almajiri muslim seeking recognition...my friend get lost!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
diablos:
[s]

Like seriously? All diz epistles u jst typed n no point deduced angry Quota system is indeed terrible. U shud go back 2 primary schl n get tutored on comprehension and hw 2 summarize essays. Wen ure done wen can get back 2 where we stopped. Bt b4 then...
[/s]

Just imagine a write-up composed by a supposed product of Merit System. Hehehehe.

Illiterates hiding behind educated folks and be spewing saliva all over the places in the name of talking. Look at the culture of "advanced" creatures. grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by omenkaLives(m): 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

What myopic balderdash.
How did the postponement of the Miss World pageant in Abuja (in fact it was Kaduna not Abuja) held back or stopped development in your hell hole region?
How did opposition to the wanton display of near naked young female bodies in the north affect your progress?
What stupidity! angry cheesy
Im sure the north is also responsible for overdeveloping their legs. grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2017
diablos:

Anoda almajiri muslim seeking recognition...my friend get lost!!! undecided

One of our "highly educated and advanced" creatures has just matcheted his own brother for what they worship -ego

5 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by omenkaLives(m): 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nusaf:
[s][/s]

Just imagine a write-up composed by a supposed product of Merit System. Hehehehe.

Illiterates hiding behind educated folks and be spewing saliva all over the places in the name of talking. Look at the culture of "advanced" creatures. grin grin grin
Add this one.. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
omenkaLives:
Add this one.. grin

Thank you jawe. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
diablos:

Like seriously? All diz epistles u jst typed n no point deduced angry Quota system is indeed terrible. U shud go back 2 primary schl n get tutored on comprehension and hw 2 summarize essays. Wen ure done we can get back 2 where we stopped. Bt b4 then...

I sense intellectual laziness or attention deficit disorder (ADD) hence your inability to assimilate and comprehend anything longer than two sentences - oh what a shame.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
omenkaLives:
Im sure the north is also responsible for overdeveloping their legs. grin

LOL @ Yam Legs cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by diablos: 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nusaf:
[s][/s]

Hahahahahahahahaha, the usual empty and inconsequential rants. The practitioners in all sorts of crimes ever known to mankind has something to say about backwardness. I foresee a region to be consumed in no too distant future by greed-propelled crime. You can keep living in self denial while awaiting for the d-day boy.

Just take a look at where "developed" creatures reside.

Lol...am nt an easterner u dumb mofo...but of course ur slow degenerating medulla thinks otherwise grin with all d poverty raping n degrading ur islamic terrorist brothers n sisters up north i can ascertain y u reason like a weasel grin See pictures below of hw starvation n kwashiorkor is killing ur siblings in arewanistan grin Allahu akbar....ahahahahabahahaha grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
diablos:

Lol...am nt an easterner u dumb mofo...but of course ur slow degenerating medulla thinks otherwise grin with all d poverty raping n degrading ur islamic terrorist brothers n sisters up north i can ascertain y u reason like a weasel grin See pictures below of hw starvation n kwashiorkor is killing ur siblings in arewanistan grin Allahu akbar....ahahahahabahahaha grin cheesy grin

Compare that with what the bearded coward caused. As usual, the osu always has issues with identity. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by omenkaLives(m): 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nusaf:

Thank you jawe. grin grin grin
They always take the first shot only to have their assess handed to them on a rusty tray. cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by diablos: 10:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
Nusaf:

[/s]

Mehn! Dude i knw ure nt used 2 social media and short abbreviations so i understand hw difficult it is 4 u to comprehend simple short forms for words but then hw can i blame u almajiris...poverty and famine up north has really made u dudes stiff n trapped from civilisation...it really sucks 2 be an almajiri grin ahahahahahahaba grin

2 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
[b]
diablos:
[s]

Mehn! Dude i knw ure nt used 2 social media and short abbreviations so i understand hw difficult it is 4 u to comprehend simple short forms for words but then hw can i blame u almajiris...poverty and famine up north has really made u dudes stiff n trapped from civilisation...it really sucks 2 be an almajiri grin
[/s]

Excuses! Excuses!! Excuses!!! And Social Media negates grammar rules, right? Osu must search for somewhere to place his pathetic situation.

8 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by kingzizzy: 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Another idiotic fallacy.

Northerners are predominantly farmers and majority of that population you spoke of are actively engaged in ensuring national food security that is probably responsible for keeping some of you well fed.

How can those who contribute significantly to the GPD (which essentially is the engine that drives the economy) be considered as dependant and a burden to scarce resources - when they are in fact significant contributors to national GDP (by themselves as a ppl and from what they produce - pls don't start yapping the usual song of oil, because oil contributes less than 15% to the GDP).

BTW, if the northern population is a curse; why then are you guys going to the extremes of breeding yourselves like farm animals in various baby factories and selling your babies for as little as 20K?

Lastly, you ought to know that education isn't everything but natural intelligence is - I need not have to remind you of Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Dangote etc; all of them non-graduate billionaires and heads of their own conglomerates employing thousands of supposed educated individuals like yourself.

We are equally aware of so called educated ppl with PhDs from the south like GEJ and his wife Mama Peace and how they constituted a national disgrace and made this country the laughing stock of the international community.
They were not only a disgrace to themselves but also a disgrace to their educational institutions and other holders of the qualifications they allegedly possess - though it is not too difficult to fathom how they might have obtained their certificates.

There is a big problen with what you wrote. Before I get to it, I would like to say that it is incedible to to me as an Igbo man that one Northerner will breed so many many children, example is former VP Atiku Abubakar who married multiple wives and has 30 children. While Atiku is a billiinaire who can afford to take of his responsibilities, not all Northerners who bred as much kids as him are the same.

The North is far more imporverished than the South so who do they expect to cater for this ever increasing brood? The federal Government? With which resources? If their was no Oil money to fund certain things, would these Northerners be engaging in breeding more kids than they can afford?

Nobody is disputing that the North is strong in agriculture. They ensure that food scarcity is kept bay. But what do they really contribute to the federal coffers? How many farmers in the North pay tax from sale of their produce? What is the percentage of tax derived in the entire North (NW,NC,NE) compared to that derived in the South (SW,SE,SS)?

The truth is that the North have been a drain on the South for far too long and that is why they will hate anything about true federalism, resource control or even Biafra.

Unfortunately for the North, no paracitic relationship lasts forever. Eventually, things will have to change in Nigeria because although the South has carried the North for so long (with the tacit support of Yorubas), that is coming to an end

8 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by diablos: 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
ItsMeAboki:

I sense intellectual laziness or attention deficit disorder (ADD) hence your inability to assimilate and comprehend anything longer than two sentences - oh what a shame.
[/s]

Ure d one riddled wit intellectual malfunction, a low brained incompetent almajiri who runs from d truth due to brainwashing by his local alfa and imam. Hw many of ur siblings have been radicalised and strapped to bomb something... Okay i have some pictures of them below ....ahahahahahahahaha grin cheesy grin allahu akbar wink

3 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by IslamicRebel01: 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yoruba Afonjas caused this

1 Like

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
Advance ppl still embracing CANNIBALISM, see how a young man beheaded his own father and start eating the father's neck raw. cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
Lol! You guys are wicked! See you made the OP Abandon the thread like Ojukwu did Biafra.

6 Likes

Re: How The North Is Underdeveloping Nigeria by Nusaf: 11:13pm On Mar 25, 2017
[s]
kingzizzy:

There is a big problen with what you wrote. Before I get to it, I would like to say that it is incedible to to me as an Igbo man that one Northerner will breed so many many children, example is former VP Atiku Abubakar who married multiple wives and has 30 children. While Atiku is a billiinaire who can afford to take of his responsibilities, not all Northerners who bred as much kids as him are the same.

The North is far more imporverished than the South so who do they expect to cater for this ever increasing brood? The federal Government? With which resources? If their was no Oil money to fund certain things, would these Northerners be engaging in breeding more kids than they can afford?

Nobody is disputing that the North is strong in agriculture. They ensure that food scarcity is kept bay. But what do they really contribute to the federal coffers? How many farmers in the North pay tax from sale of their produce? What is the percentage of tax derived in the entire North (NW,NC,NE) compared to that derived in the South (SW,SE,SS)?

The truth is that the North have been a drain on the South for far too long and that is why they will hate anything about true federalism, resource control or even Biafra.

Unfortunately for the North, no paracitic relationship lasts forever. Eventually, things will have to change in Nigeria because although the South has carried the North for so long (with the tacit support of Yorubas), that is coming to an end
[/s]

The usual song.

If you ask him what the North has been draining, he will start making some funny sounds or "awa oyel" without telling us how the crude was created by "their" education.

Greed! Greed!! Greed!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Massive Jubilation As Fayose Breaks Another World Record / Louis Amoke: Reappraising Ugwuanyi’s Five-year Stewardship Amid Covid-19 / KeepItOnNigeria: Nigerians Call On NASS And FG To Protect Digital Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.