Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated (60757 Views)

My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / "Some Call It Incest, We Call It Fate" - Man Who Impregnates His Sister Says / Irish Woman Devastated After Nigerian Husband Dumped Her Destroys Shop (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by akigbemaru: 11:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
MIB1:

She said it happened once.
Just add your own zero to make it 10 times. You know how it goes!
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Originalsly: 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
Bro... we can chat and advise as much as we want to..... but you are the one wearing the shoes. It is only you who know how deep it pains. If you feel that pained. .. I'll advise you to move on because your mind will never be at peace. What if you get home from work and he is there alone with her...and she says he just popped in to say hi? If you would accept that ... carry on with the wedding...but if you would have thoughts that they did it before you got home.... move on with your life. Trust is the bedrock of a relationship.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by usamali(m): 11:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
MIB1:

Long before we met .. About 6 yrs ago

Maybe pained is not.the right word

I'm just scared of the spiritual aspect like curses or something besides I know I will never have any good relationship with that cousin of hers

....Bleep each other all night wokeup and build an empire ...my canded opinion
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by sshalom(m): 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
Majikals:
You are a lucky man finding such an honest spouse... She has confessed her errors before her maker and even you. Go ahead with your marriage with her cos she's a good woman. We have all made terrible errors at some point in life. Only a scarce few are bold enough to confess his /her deepest errors the way ur fiancee just did.
About the spiritual implications u are kinda worried about, if truly you are a Christian as u rightly said, I believe the Bible says he /she that confesses and believe is redeemed..You have nothing to fear

Whenever I read sensible and gracious comments like this on Nairaland, it rekindles my hope that Nigeria is not a lost cause! God bless you for this powerful, truthful and liberating counsel.

@OP:
Your woman is a gem that should be cherished and supported. Keep upholding her in your prayers and all shall be well. As for the cousin; forgive him and pray that the Holy Spirit guides your action in love towards him. You are set for a testimony!
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Clashy(m): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
My brother,i must tell that you are very lucky.learn to be free,let assume the past were not told and since shes remorseful for it and even to have open up to you, nothing is new on planet E just let things be and do not let her feel bad anytime any day for this reason and your marital status willl grow stronger and stronger and be stronger than iron.once again nothing is new under the heaven .be wise.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Finest001: 11:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
It very funny how some people are giving excuses of countries where cousins marry each other. So are we trying to say that if something is wrong n some pple are doing it that makes it right..... So cause some tribe eat human flesh does that makes it right. The Bible has made us know that such act is wrong yet some pple are trying to justify this with countries practicing such act.

Leviticus 18:6 Says “You must never have sexual relations with any of Your relative

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by berrystunn(m): 11:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
MIB1:

My worry is that , this is incest

My hand no day oo.

She did it at what age.??
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Maximus85(m): 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
MIB1:
My fiancee confided in me two days ago that she had an incest relationship with her cousin yrs back. She said she told me cos she loves me and wouldn't want to hide anything from me. I love her too and still want to marry her but I am devastated by the news

She said she has fasted and asked God for forgiveness.

I have prayed on her behalf too severally,

I am supposed to come to Nigeria for our wedding next month . pls help nairalanders. I feel so pained . I need wise counsel .

I would have said you should forget her. But do you know this cousin? Because incest cousins can't easily be broken. The cousin will always be jealous of you you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by uruuru: 11:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
If you call incest, what would Hausa people that marry their cousins even in this dispensation call it?
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by FreeSpirited: 11:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Religion has destroyed our sense in this part of the world. We have replaced our God given mind with fear of the unknown and stupid cultural beliefs.

Culture is fine, a means of identity and upbringing,..but sense transcend some cultural practices that only persist to instill fear

Many are still tied down with ridiculous superstitions formed during stone age....I pity you guys...Please let's stop being afraid of nonsense and start using our brain

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Freshprime(m): 12:01am On Mar 29, 2017
My response to your question op is that if you love her still marry her but you must not be fooled you have to find a space in your heart for the incest past she told you about and remember what doesnt kill you makes you stronger the incest thing is something you can use a positive attitude from the joy of your marriage and laugh about it but the truth is you have to work on it and make her let you know such would not happen again because for some such happens again, when i was about 17 i was sexually attracted to my cousins daughter who was about my age nothing happened between us and I thank my saviour for that and now after several years I dont think of or do incest
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by berrystunn(m): 12:01am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

I love her , trust her , and still want to marry her . But how do I move past this and forge ahead .

Sex is nothing... Jor free your mind.
For me I will marry her because of that truth...
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by linearity: 12:08am On Mar 29, 2017
adepeter26:

Of everything you typed, I disagree 101% at the boldened text. It's the society(collective of culture and to some extent religious beliefs) that frowns at it and not science.

Can you point to any biblical verse to back this 'religious beliefs'? Note Israelite, the custodian of the Abrahamic religion, marry their consins till date.

When you say 'culture', which culture are you referring to? Without going far, in Nigeria, we have many cultures that marry their cousins e.g. Hausas, Fulanis...outside Nigeria, the Kongo in Congo, Ashanti in Ghana, the Kpelle in Liberia, etc...do it.

Agreed, there are some cultures that forbids it, but it is not universal and does not hold any spiritual significance.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 29, 2017
linearity:

Can you point to any biblical verse to back this 'religious beliefs'? Note Israelite, the custodian of the Abrahamic religion, marry their consins till date.

When you say 'culture', which culture are you referring to? Without going far, in Nigeria, we have many cultures that marry their cousins e.g. Hausas, Fulanis...outside Nigeria, the Kongo in Congo, Ashanti in Ghana, the Kpelle in Liberia, etc...do it.

Agreed, there are some cultures that forbids it, but it is not universal and does not hold any spiritual significance.
I guess u never understood my mention concerning that comment of yours...

I guess you revisit my comment
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by iykenathan162(m): 12:19am On Mar 29, 2017
AstuteJay:

Make no mistake about this brother, your woman made a smart move by telling you upfront. The relationship might be an open secret in her family and the fear it might eventually leak to you made her tell you upfront.

It happened just once........ Never fall for that crap! It must have happened a couple of times before they were caught and might happen again and again.

I had a similar experience; she told me upfront an uncle "raped" her, she got pregnant, it was aborted and all that. I was moved by her sincerity and took her to the altar. I eventually got to know she consented to it and it happened so many times! The fear it might get leaked to me overtime made her tell me upfront. The uncle was late before we met though, but mere thought of the affair is a bitter pill till tomorrow.

You may feel it doesn't matter now but 30 years from now, you might still be feeling bad about it.

Make a better choice!

What is all this,if u are the person at fault will she not forgive u?

Men sins and women forgives but when a woman make a small Mistake the guy will tell the whole world he is the one that paid her bride price because u are a man.

what happened to u might be different from that of the op.....pls do not discourage him thank u.
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by ChristineC: 12:20am On Mar 29, 2017
Evaberry:

why will I be ashamed when he gave me the best Bleep in my life

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by JerryTemi(f): 12:27am On Mar 29, 2017
If you say the truth your sin,if you lie,you are the best, if you share your deepest secrets,you are either news or doomed for life,you say the truth because you love the person my brother see your matter for nairaland table for special advice. Ladies my sweetest Advice live and die with your secret because our kind of men now wants the best when they are nothing compared to good. Bros the devil you no is better than that angel you don't no,if she no tell you bros you no go no.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Adiwana: 12:35am On Mar 29, 2017
Not married but people quoting forgiveness up and down forgot that David sinned,was forgiven but was punished full time.Reflect on that

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Aragon: 12:36am On Mar 29, 2017
JerryTemi:
If you say the truth your sin,if you lie,you are the best, if you share your deepest secrets,you are either news or doomed for life,you say the truth because you love the person my brother see your matter for nairaland table for special advice. Ladies my sweetest Advice live and die with your secret because our kind of men now wants the best when they are nothing compared to good. Bros the devil you no is better than that angel you don't no,if she no tell you bros you no go no.

Taaah!!! Don't generalize! many people commenting might just be the usual Teens that run around this site throwing jabs! The OP is funny sha! You love somebody and her past is disturbing you..... so tay you are thinking about Spiritual stuff... so what about party that people are doing Upandan? it doesnt have spiritual implications? Abeg make OP stop that break dance jare!
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by ststyreal(f): 12:37am On Mar 29, 2017
Your past is your past, this is y I keep telling people, some past should be buried forever. You weren't there @ op when she committed the incest so why the headache and to your good girl wifey wey confess her sins to you, what has she gained?. I just tire for some women wey no understand wetin marriage be. Some yeye men or husband can use this her confession to torment her at every slight provocation. She should focus on confessing and asking God for mercy and forgiveness and not to you. If God didnt condermn her, who are we to judge and conderm her. To your fiancee, help me tell her say, one nairalander dey greet am say" WELHDONE MA"!!!I clap for her, better wife smmmmh.
Just imagine if op na that man wey him wife report to nairaland was it not on Monday sef; she said her husband called her a VAGABOND!!!!!!. Just imagine if the wife had made this kind of confession to that said husband, by now that woman life go don scatter finish with continuous insult in reference to her confession. Women should be wise! It is not everything you will confess to your husbanddy, they are humans like us and can change at any point in time. This is my own stand, any mention is welcome!

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by iykenathan162(m): 12:40am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:
My fiancee confided in me two days ago that she had an incest relationship with her cousin yrs back. She said she told me cos she loves me and wouldn't want to hide anything from me. I love her too and still want to marry her but I am devastated by the news

I am supposed to come to Nigeria for our wedding next month . pls help nairalanders. I feel so pained . I need wise counsel .

Men!!!! sincere if u are the one that did dis and u told her just like the way she did am sure she will forgive and forget. But some men are generally jealous and insecure. something that happened 6 good yrs before u meet her is paining u as if she slept with another man in yr matrimonial bed,haba! op u have done worse than what she did before and after u meet her, and because u are the man u feel u alone can decide to go on with the marriage or not. it is not always like that my broda.

I called dis men jealousness.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Aragon: 12:47am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

Long before we met .. About 6 yrs ago

Maybe pained is not.the right word

I'm just scared of the spiritual aspect like curses or something besides I know I will never have any good relationship with that cousin of hers

Bia what is your problem self? And where in the WEST do you reside, Germany? London? Italy? Belgium? Holland? or Spain? cos I can be there in a minute to come and give you a heavy Knock on your head to wake you up! You are talking about Spiritual aspect, so what about the people involved in party upandan? What about Lesbians or Bi that later got married... Inshort many people in Naija today has experimented one way or anotherso why are they getting married and not talking about any Spiritual Implications? The same people that told you this has Spiritual Implications will also tell you that Men and Women giving each others "HEAD" also incures Spiritual Implications so please just stop that BreakDance! Be thankful that your girl told you this and move on if you truly love her. And by the way why are you so bent on the Cousin's stuff with her? It's the Cousin for crying out loud, what if it was the Father or brother that Raped her? Or have you not heard of such before? Abeg if you Love her, carry go! If not, then keep seaching for your perfect Queen and I say good luck to that

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Jennyxlajolie: 12:52am On Mar 29, 2017
Incest is really a behavior, my advice is find out if she confessed out of genuine repentance or she confessed out of playing smart so that you don't get to hear it outside. 2.Ask her if any traditional sacrifice were made by her villagers in order to appise the gods of their land by making her go naked round the village market square or naked at night to a shrine depending on the law of the land against such in her village. if yes! you really need to assist her spiritually by telling her Rev or pastor they know the best way to assist her in cleansing. The only measurement for love is sacrifice and tolerance. if you truly love her you have to do these two. thank God you know earlier @least start making things right now
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by diva90: 1:02am On Mar 29, 2017
The past is the past. What if she never told you?

We understand that you are human and its normal for you to feel some level of disappointment but don't use it against her since it's her past.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Acidosis:

Bro, you deserve to be worried, pained and confused. Don't allow any hypocrite make you feel like you're imhumane.

Whether it happened 1000 years ago, it doesn't matter. If these folks found out that their ex slept with a dog some 50 years ago, they would still find a way to show their dissatisfaction to the said ex.

If I were in your shoes, I would be devastated as well.. It doesn't matter whether she confessed or I discovered myself.. the knowledge of what happened is all it takes to get one pained, so don't feel stu p!d or heartless.

Now to the real issue, I think you're worried that the said relationship with her cousin might continue even after a proper wedding with you. Whether you like it or not, you would henceforth feel.....
O boy!.... U go make millions as a marriage counsellor o. See hw u pick nd pieces d issue 4rm every side. Cheii...... Anyway I don SHAMA u with my own LIKE also. U just d Brain mehn....... Lol

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by diva90: 1:04am On Mar 29, 2017
ststyreal:
Your past is your past, this is y I keep telling people, some past should be buried forever. You weren't there @ op when she committed the incest so why the headache and to your good girl wifey wey confess her sins to you, what has she gained?. I just tire for some women wey no understand wetin marriage be. Some yeye men or husband can use this her confession to torment her at every slight provocation. She should focus on confessing and asking God for mercy and forgiveness and not to you. If God didnt condermn her, who are we to judge and conderm her. To your fiancee, help me tell her say, one nairalander dey greet am say" WELHDONE MA"!!!I clap for her, better wife smmmmh.
Just imagine if op na that man wey him wife report to nairaland was it not on Monday sef; she said her husband called her a VAGABOND!!!!!!. Just imagine if the wife had made this kind of confession to that said husband, by now that woman life go don scatter finish with continuous insult in reference to her confession. Women should be wise! It is not everything you will confess to your husbanddy, they are humans like us and can change at any point in time. This is my own stand, any mention is welcome!

I agree, not everything should be divulged. Everyone has a past, past is past. Let it go!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Donjazzy12(m): 1:06am On Mar 29, 2017
MIB1:

God is good to you! Do not let sentiments cloud your vision. Dump her now! No amount of pretence will change the fact that she bleeped her cousin. You will live with that knowledge for the rest of your life. Just imagine it. She was not raped. She was willingly fucking her cousin. Dump her now. If you make the mistake of marrying her, you will be ruined for life. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 29, 2017
Donjazzy12:

God is good to you! Do not let sentiments cloud your vision. Dump her now! No amount of pretence will change the fact that she bleeped her cousin. You will live with that knowledge for the rest of your life. Just imagine it. She was not raped. She was willingly fucking her cousin. Dump her now. If you make the mistake of marrying her, you will be ruined for life. A word is enough for the wise.
Me I just wan ask u a questn o bruh!. If every Tom, Dick, Harry and Jelili start to dey dump her nw as u say. Na who she go con marry na?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by ststyreal(f): 1:13am On Mar 29, 2017
diva90:

I agree, not everything should be divulged. Everyone has a past, past is past. Let it go!
Don't mind her. She dey do better wife forget say na Nigerian man she dey marry, they wants a woman so pure like Christ but they themselves are as rotten as a rotten egg. The other day, a family refuse to accept a young lady as their daughter in law simply because she had a baby for another man at a tender age. No be say she get Aids or Leprosy, just a child and they have already written her off, this one come dey confess wetin don happen before she meet the man. What has she gained from her confession so far? Praises, condemnation or a troubled husband to be? It is well with her shaaaa!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Donjazzy12(m): 1:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Luiz1:
Me I just wan ask u a questn o bruh!. If every Tom, Dick, Harry and Jelili start to dey dump her nw as u say. Na who she go con marry na?
Nobody will marry her or another Churchill will marry her. The matter would have been different if the cousin raped her. But to willingly give her body to fucking her cousin is a total no-no for me.
In fact that woman may even be a witch!
Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Donjazzy12(m): 1:17am On Mar 29, 2017
Luiz1:
Nobody will marry her or another Churchill will marry her. The matter would have been different if the cousin raped her. But to willingly give her body to fucking her cousin is a total no-no for me. And don't forget that such sacrilege attracts curses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Had An Incest Relationship With Her Cousin Years Back, I'm Devastated by Nobody: 1:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Donjazzy12:

Nobody will marry her or another Churchill will marry her. The matter would have been different if the cousin raped her. But to willingly give her body to fucking her cousin is a total no-no for me.
O boy!.... u wicked small o bruh! Cheii.... but I get some point 4 wetin u dey talk sha.... Of every Dick.sons on d whole planet... Haba e no suppose b her cousin own wey go totori her shey...? But wetin we go con do na....... d deed has been done. At least she go marry, or u wan make she die a VIRGIN?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos) / Man Holds Ex Lover Hostage On Her Way To Wed Another Man After Training Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.