Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. (24374 Views)

APC Is The Only Party That Believes In Youths – Governor Bello / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by slivertongue: 10:59am On Apr 10, 2017
onyekabe:
shot your dirty mouth Ika people are not Igbo and can never be Igbo

In the year 2000, i went to Owerri Olubo(hope i didbt murder the name) in i think Ika North East, there an elderly man told me that the Owerri people of Imo state migrate their village. I doubted the man questioning why Owerri is greater in population than Olubo. i cant remember all he said but other elders said same.

Igbo is more of linguistic than political attributes.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Konquest: 4:39am On Jun 01, 2017
ehikwe22:
There's difference between criticism and hateful condemnation. I can read between the two. They don't just criticize but condemn him and his people opening old wound. Urhobos didn't allow Okowa become governor. They ganged up and fought with all their might and lost. Yes, Ibori is a friend of Anioma and a man of his word. Though he's a criminal just like every other politician, we love him for his integrity. Okowa won the 2007 PDP primary against Uduaghan but he reached an agreement with Ibori and Uduaghan to step down for Uduaghan until 2015. That's not easy an easy decision but he agreed because of the trust he has for Ibori. When it was time for the 2015 election, Urhobos went against Okowa even after knowing he's Ibori's anointed candidate. That's just politics for you. But now that the election is over, they should let sleeping dog lie and prepare for next election. That's just my point.

Yes, the capital of Delta State shouldn't be in Asaba but it ended up there. I noted that I understand how painful it must feel.

As for Anioma speaking a variant of Igbo. Yes, majority of Anioma towns speak Igboid languages but Anioma is not Bilingual or monogenous. 11 languages are spoken in Anioma. Even Urhobo, Isoko and Ijaw are spoken in some Ukwani parts. Orogun is partly Anioma and partly Urhobo. Igala and o Yoruba is spoken in some Enuani clans while 5 villages in Agbor are Edo speaking. Agbor has 11 villages, 6 are Ika speaking and the remaining 5 are Edo speaking. Some of the 5 Edo speaking villages are losing their dialect to Ika but some still retain it eg. Ozanogogo and some others. Ika language itself is a mixture of Bini, Esan and Igbo though most of our Edo are fast getting replaced by Igbo. Many of the Enuani groups are of Igala origin, some Edo, some Igbo and thers Yoruba. Even Asaba, Illah and surrounding villages are Igala origin. Ika is mostly Bini, Esan and little Ndokwa Ukwani and Enuani. Other Anioma groups also have some Ika migrations. Ukwani has lots of intermigration from Urhobo Isoko area. We're just too heterogeneous to group us into one group. But one thing worthy of note about Anioma is that all Anioma groups, clans and villages have Edo and Igbo influence irrespective of where the original founders came from eg. Igbusa and Ogwashi Uku are the main Anioma clans that have Igbo origin but they also have villages that migrated from Bini. Illah is Igala but some villages there are Bini descendant.

Ika is a language of it's own and not a dialect of any language. Listen to what a linguist has to say

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy. His point being that the difference between a language and a dialect was ultimately a political distinction and had little to do with linguistics per se. Thus, German and Dutch are separate languages, but Mandarin and Meixian Chinese are supposed dialects" this being said, you can see that citing a linguistic theory to prove an Igbo heritage for Anioma doesn't hold water. Every linguist has his own concepts and theory. You don't look at everything as black and white.

And what do you mean about it being impossible to separate language from culture? Do you know about language shift, endangered language and language extinction? An endangered language is a language that is at risk of falling out of use as its speakers die out or shift to speaking another language. Language loss occurs when the language has no more native speakers and becomes a "dead languag Does it mean when these languages die that their culture die along with them immediately? Go to the North, many languages there are endangered. Some have gone extinct because of Hausa language but these people still practice their culture. They don't practice Hausa culture.
Itsekiri speak a Yoruboid language but they practice Edo culture and they're neither Edo nor Yoruba. Same way our language is Igboid and our culture Edo. We're neither Igbo nor Edo.

~~~~~~
@ehikwe22
This is a GREAT post from you.
DNA testing will further prove that
what you wrote about the multiple
ethnic origins of the Anioma
people is TRUE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Cire80: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
slivertongue:

In the year 2000, i went to Owerri Olubo(hope i didbt murder the name) in i think Ika North East, there an elderly man told me that the Owerri people of Imo state migrate their village. I doubted the man questioning why Owerri is greater in population than Olubo. i cant remember all he said but other elders said same.

Igbo is more of linguistic than political attributes.
Lies

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by slivertongue: 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
Cire80:
Lies
wake up
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Konquest: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
ehikwe22:
I implore you to stop using this term "Delta Ibos". There is nothing like Delta Igbos. We have our political name which is Anioma but apart from that, each of us have our closely related ethnicity and we agreed to merge it into a new identity called Anioma. I as an Ika man doesn't have anything to do with Igbo hence it's rude to refer me with anything Igbo. There are only few Anioma towns with Igbo ancestry and these few also have some little Edo migrants. I can trace my ancestry back from 600 years and they're all Edo names up to my father's name. My own name is strictly Ika name and has nothing to do with Igbo. I'm not here to write much but I'm sure you've taken note.

^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^
Very interesting post @ehikwe
I'm just seeing this post and love your response. grin

Anioma[An acronym] peoples have mixed ancestries just like you
stated - from Bini like Idumuje-Unor or Idumuje-Ugboko where the CEO of Rainoil Ltd [Gabriel Ogbechie]
come from, Esan, Yoruba/Olukumi's of Ugbodu where Nduka Ugbade hails from, Igala origin like Ebu, Nri,etc.

DNA TESTS are now available that can prove this e.g, from DNALAND and AFRICAN ANCESTY.

VIEW DNA TEST OF AN URHOBO HERE [ESAN AND ITSEKIRI DNA]
===>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bcCQPa2TRg

Asaba has mixed origins as well from what I have read since the 90s
from Igala, Bini, Esan, Nteje, etc. That is why they have Ogbes or quarters there.
Onitsha also has Edo, Igala and Nri origins.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Donarozzi: 2:26am On Jan 04, 2019
ehikwe22:
Even the precious Ogwashi Uku you're talking about has Bini aborigines which is the Ikelike people according to Ogwashi intelligence report.

The Ogwashi-Ukwu kingship (Eze/Obi) emanates from one of the villages that trace their origins from Nri, while the actual traditional right of leadership is held by the "Okpala" of Ikelike. The elders of Ikelike, the first inhabitants of the land, said they were practicing the Okpala system of leadership before the Odaigbo group arrived from Nri. This indicates that the Ikelike people were Igbo.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 2:36am On Jan 04, 2019
shietttt...this thread grew this far....??... shocked shocked

i already forgot it....
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 2:39am On Jan 04, 2019
we are naija deltans...since adaka boro back then....no compromise....

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Kamanuozuzu: 2:43am On Jan 04, 2019
The folly of Nigeria... there is no cardinal point in Geography known as South South.

In their desperate bid to divide and rule u, they came up with such despicable nomenclature.

Why is there no North North?
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Kamanuozuzu: 2:46am On Jan 04, 2019
YourImaginaryBF:
Of course. Nigeria is the greatest black nation on earth. I'm proud to be a Nigerian.

Proud slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by LegitHustler: 5:22am On Jan 04, 2019
Nobody is Igbo before the coming of brits we lived as Nsukka, Ngwa, Nnewi, Ezza and the rest but because of easy administration for the brits the gave an umbrella name Igbo
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Loveijaw: 6:53am On Jan 04, 2019
bantudra:

soooo,this your writeup is what gives you confidence that you could win against the nigerian army....??...

how strong is your army now in your planned biafra??..

you think,you will declare biafra,wait a few years to develope your biafra army and nigeria will just standby and watch??...

we have a army of over 100000men strong and a militia force of over 15000men...we are not yet mobilizing ohhh...

we will start general mobilization the army can grow easily to 1million in some weeks.....imagine all those jobless youths suddenly have something to do...
do you realy think you can defeat us??...

we are not doing bullets??....realy..??..doing bullets is not rocket science....we already have the knowhow and the maschines ready..dont get deceived and get crushed like in the civil war....

I think you should worry more about Boko Haram killing your strong Nigerian Army like Chickens, than this your blood teste for killing Igbo people.
while you out there day dreaming of another Genocide against Igbo people your Army are been reduced in hundreds by Boko Haram, my brother am from SS too, pay close attention the Igbo's are not Nigerian problem as we speak.
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2019
Loveijaw:

I think you should worry more about Boko Haram killing your strong Nigerian Army like Chickens, than this your blood teste for killing Igbo people.
while you out there day dreaming of another Genocide against Igbo people your Army are been reduced in hundreds by Boko Haram, my brother am from SS too, pay close attention the Igbo's are not Nigerian problem as we speak.

you need to see how some of them are talkin online....some of them are ready to even use force to get biafra....its not a joke....

am just warning those type of igbos....

and we deltans have to watch out that we dont get dragged into another civilian war....

a urhobo guy told me to stop causin unnecessery attention....i disagree....i say we should start beaten the alarm drums now...this people are always including the ol south south into their biafra maps....ofcourse we will be involved in the madness too....
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 2:51pm On Jan 04, 2019
Kamanuozuzu:
The folly of Nigeria... there is no cardinal point in Geography known as South South.

In their desperate bid to divide and rule u, they came up with such despicable nomenclature.

Why is there no North North?

it doesnt matter...then call it a area....who cares...we no want trouble....because of biafra....??....no,thank you....

we are not biafrans....
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Turantula(m): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2019
bantudra:

soooo...na with this argument you want to join urhobo area to biafra..because we are not enough to say something too??..

continue like this and find trouble...
My friend Igbos and Urhobo have NOTHING in common whether tradition or language nor moral values. Just like we don't want Fulani or Yoruba in our Biafra we don't want Urhobo. I think you guys are related to Itshekiris and Yorubas more
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by bantudra: 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
Turantula:

My friend Igbos and Urhobo have NOTHING in common whether tradition or language nor moral values. Just like we don't want Fulani or Yoruba in our Biafra we don't want Urhobo. I think you guys are related to Itshekiris and Yorubas more

thats right...!!
Re: Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. by Turantula(m): 5:01pm On Jan 04, 2019
ehikwe22:
No, Facebook is not my source of anything but being that our point of contact is online and the only way we can have a group of people airing their opinions synchronously or asynchronously is through groups or forums that's why I suggested that. No doubt we have some pro Igbo Enuani people and but majority of Enuanis are pro Anioma. This is my point. Pro Anioma in the sense that they're advocating Anioma as an Ethnic nationality because we're so heterogeneous and we've never really had anything to do with Igbo even from pre colonial and colonial era. If you are so much in love with Igbo, I think you'll have to pack up your things and run to the East because Anioma ethnicity has come to stay.

Majority of Ika Kingdoms were founded by Edo Royalties and warriors. Igbos are the slave here and anybody identifying with the Igbos is definitely a slave
Oga you said you are not Igbo, no problem. But my problem with you is trying to force an Asaba man or Ogwashuku man into your denial madness, it is totally unacceptable. They have said they are Igbos so let them be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Anayo Edwin Nwonu To Oshiomhole: You Are Only Making Noise / Kalu Asks Buhari To Pick A Successor From The North East / Coronavirus: Presidency Screens State House Visitors, Including Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.