Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? (50526 Views)

Which Church Do You Attend? / MFM: We Don't Have The Highest Number Of Single Ladies / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 26, 2017
PHfinest:
In Southern Nigeria, it will be RCCG.

Country-wide, I think it would be the Catholic church.

U cannot just say Catholic church, they also have denominations.. just like Pentecostal churches (redeem, MFM, etc). The church with highest amount of parishes is RCCG by a wide margin.

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by livinbygrace: 11:03am On Mar 26, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
Jehovah's Witnesses are silently booming. A kingdom hall may serve 2 to 6 congregations. If they were to build kingdom halls based on the number of congregation i guess they will be noticably everywhere.
Most of these churches reign only for a while. Years back i recall Church of God Mission by Benson Idahosa but wherr is it now? Afterwards u had Deeper Life where is it now? Afterwards u had Winners with all their white buses littered here and there but where is it now? Redeemed well its their time and it is only in South West mainly in Lagos and Ogun state they have a foothold not in the east or north.
Most churches do not outlive their founders when they die.
I have been to all the geopolitical zones of Nigeria except North West and Europe and few parts of the Middle East as well U see the witnesses, their magazines.
You have witnesses in Pakistan and Palestine. So people who have not traveled out of the West cannot be sure to say RCCG alone.
The witnesses have even take preaching to a level most churches can NEVER accomplish. They print about 25 millions of EACH publications in over 700 languages and have a website in same number of languages www.jw.org.
They also have an online application JW LIBRARY which u can download on any device to access piblications in nearly 140 or more languages.

Keep quiet and stop spreading wrong information.Those churches you mentioned are still waxing stronger and spreading the gospel of God.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Idoko619(m): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2017
kevoh:
The churches with high number of business centers a.k.a parishes are majorly located or saturated down South. They are only concerned in building more churches in a street that is already saturated with 7 to 10 churches. You wonder if it is the same christian god the churches on this street worship.

To them it's a competition of who has the highest number of business centers/parishes or auditoriums down south. Meanwhile, up north in Borno, Kano, Bauchi e.t.c where there are suppose to take their evangelism to and market themselves aggresively they will have zero or little presence there.

U v said it all....meanwhile in d creek and crannies of Borno state u do stl fine catholic church dre
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Kenshinmunac(m): 11:06am On Mar 26, 2017
ihimiray:
Rccg has so much business centers u can't beat the hustle

Hahaha

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Wolfbrother(m): 11:08am On Mar 26, 2017
Epositive:
RCCG all the way

in my area, they have nothing less than 7 parishes

their case is different! cool

there is even one at the end of my street labelled
"RCCG : province for the strikers and scorers"

i was like church don turn stadium o shocked shocked grin grin

#positivevibes

How many orphanages and poor peoples homes have they opened?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 11:10am On Mar 26, 2017
livinbygrace:

Keep quiet and stop spreading wrong information.Those churches you mentioned are still waxing stronger and spreading the gospel of God.
Who are u to tell me to be quiet? Be careful.
Where is Church of God Mission may be u were born in d early 2000's or at earliest late 90's so u cant understand what i am saying?
Besides where in the world have u been to so as to make objective comparison?
Thanks to google u get lots of info at ur fingertip
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 26, 2017
RCCG
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2017
ihimiray:
grin grin grin grin
Lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by guychidile: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2017
After Catholic,comes Anglicans,then methodist...period.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2017
Wolfbrother:

How many orphanages and poor peoples homes have they opened?
Help me ask them undecided undecided
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 11:19am On Mar 26, 2017
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2017
Epositive:
RCCG all the way

there is even one at the end of my street labelled
"RCCG : province for the strikers and scorers"

#positivevibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2017
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 11:22am On Mar 26, 2017
livinbygrace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 11:23am On Mar 26, 2017
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:
Op it's very obvious you have not traveled beyond south west. For your information the whole Celestial Church branch/branch in the entire South East and South South and even Northern States may not be up to 10.

what are you saying? Go check Celestial church directory or order of service. You will see nothing less than 200 parishes from the geo polital zones you mentioned. That is aside the fact that Celestial is now divided.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by JohnsonEmma(m): 11:35am On Mar 26, 2017
cool
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by JohnsonEmma(m): 11:36am On Mar 26, 2017
Catholic church, both nation wide and world wide. I give it up for them.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by jaz(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2017
PARISHES OR RETAIL OUTLETS
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Oscar4real(m): 11:42am On Mar 26, 2017
CATHOLIC has the Highest.... not only in Nigeria but whole Wide World
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:42am On Mar 26, 2017
ikorodureporta:

are u a white- garment member?? I hav a question bt dnt want to create a new topic. So anybody can help me out:

Why are white-garment church members always converging @ waterside? Do they worship the water goddess?

May be you live in swampy area or you are probably judging from the few parishes you've seen.
Google is your friend. It may provide you with the answer.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by karleone(m): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2017
Epositive:
RCCG all the way
there is even one at the end of my street labelled "RCCG : province for the strikers and scorers"

#positivevibes
Don't know them and Bet9ja who is sharing street popularity
#Positivevibes
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Elle277(f): 11:45am On Mar 26, 2017
This is not a perfect topic on Sundays abeg...OK what's the essence of this topic ni
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:45am On Mar 26, 2017
babz007:
i think celestial church of Christ has the highest, every city, town you go, you will surely find one. which other churches do you know has lot of parishes?

Cele is a South west thing .....not too popular in the east and south south ....never seen anyone of their parish that houses up to 200 members at a go in the mentioned zones ......rccg and winners
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2017
anotherydz:
RCCG churches everywhere and pastors everywhere. At a time I thought they had more churches than pastors. grin

Redeemed is everywhere and the one reason for that is the franchise thing.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by dabrightt: 11:48am On Mar 26, 2017
ihimiray:
ur mindset at God is the reason u hv repeated disapointment and falure
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by igwegeorgiano(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2017
sirequity:
Forget business centers, we are talking about Church that even the Federal Government is afraid to touch or play with.

The simple answer is CATHOLIC
i concur ma guy.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:53am On Mar 26, 2017
Bobbyjay001:

what are you saying? Go check Celestial church directory or order of service. You will see nothing less than 200 parishes from the geo polital zones you mentioned. That is aside the fact that Celestial is now divided.

The guy is right ...one I used to know in my are closed when redeemed ,winners and Christ embassy took over the city of warri.......winners is the biggest and most spread in warri ,followed by redeemed then Christ embassy
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Toks2008(m): 11:53am On Mar 26, 2017
babz007:
i think celestial church of Christ has the highest, every city, town you go, you will surely find one. which other churches do you know has lot of parishes?

Very true
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Toks2008(m): 11:53am On Mar 26, 2017
babz007:
i think celestial church of Christ has the highest, every city, town you go, you will surely find one.

Very true

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Okpabana: 11:56am On Mar 26, 2017
I give it to the CATHOLIC CHURCH. The RCCG has a lot but I think they centered mostly in the urban areas. Possible to find a catholic church in the remotely located village in every LGA especially in the south east and north central.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by joeyswift(m): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2017
RCCG has good presence in the south west and south south,while in they have little presence in the core north and south east. Catholic Church has its presence virtually everywhere you go to,even in the troubled north east. I gave it to the Catholic Church because most of the other churches are more or less regional churches

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Israel Oladele Ogundipe Gives A Family N250k For Accommodation / Bishop TD Jakes Wears Agbada & Igbo Red Cap In New Photos / A Live Alligator For Harvest Thanksgiving In Anglican Church, Warri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.