Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,247 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. (1771 Views)

How Can I Stop My Pc From Draggin When Playing Pro Evolution On It?????? / Installed Windows Xp Sp2 Has No Sound / No Sound After Reinstalling Windows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. by ishmael(m): 11:53am On Jan 22, 2007
My system plays VCD but without sound; when i tried to adjust the volume from the volume control it was giving me this error message "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, goto control panel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware". Please how do i make the sound to come up??
Re: No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. by sewa(m): 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2007
in response to your message i think the audio card is fault just go and buy and audio card and fixed it, automatically without using the installation cd that came with it everything we be allright.

or try to reinstall maybe can work fine

i am an engineer incase o o o o
Re: No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. by Seun(m): 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2007
Download 'astra32' (search google) and use it to find out the name of your sound card, then download the right driver.
Re: No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. by ishmael(m): 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2007
sewa:

in response to your message i think the audio card is fault just go and buy and audio card and fixed it, automatically without using the installation cd that came with it everything we be allright.

or try to reinstall maybe can work fine

i am an engineer incase o o o o

The soundcard is on-board, and the system board itself is new. I just bought speakers for the system and when i connected i did not hear any sound, when i went to volume control it gave me the error message "There are no active mixer devices installed". I'm considering running the OS (Win XP)again on repair mode to see if it can fix it; if it does nt work that means i will have to buy a new soundcard and install. How do you see it??
Re: No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. by webangels(m): 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2007
I have a HP compaq presario v2000 Laptop that can play audio sound.My system plays Audio CD, Video CD and DVD but without sound. What software or driver do i need to install so that I can play Audo CD, VCF and DVD with Sound or Audibles .I need a driver or an audio software to install the sound or audio so that i can be able to listen to music or sound with my laptop. Msg me on Y!msger-textmypage, f.omorodion or you can call me on 08027252468,08039431603.
Thank you
Re: No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 29, 2011
Re: No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. by executione: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2011
broda all u need do is simple check ur systm 4 drivas using this command in the run search box ( dxdiag ) after testing 4 sounds if it doesnt work remove ur anti-virus and test again if it fails to work download the sound drivers from the manufacturers page. remember all intell chip uses connexant, u can call me on 08091155013

(1) (Reply)

How To Disable Microsoft Internet Explorer / Why I Cant Access My Yahoomail? / Pick 1 From These 16 Programming Language, Learn It And You Will Never Go Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.