Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? (1207 Views)

Give Me Nigeria And Ghana To Recolonize In One Year -kim Jong Un / Give Me Ghana, Nigeria To Recolonize; For A Year -NK President / Give Me Nigeria And Ghana To Recolonize And In One Year They Become First Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by hrhobi1(m): 11:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Just a question
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by giftedheart1(m): 11:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
The problems they came with, we r still battling with them. Oga, ko le werk!!
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by Sketchandcraft(m): 11:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
Can't we think of colonizing smaller countries like Benin Niger even sambisa

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by whitebeard(m): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2017
not with our present military force..I know they have advance missile technology..but Nigerian army personnel supersede the brits
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by smartty68(m): 12:28am On Mar 27, 2017
Lol! This your question no get answer believe me. At this level of corruption? Dino has answers for you grin

Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by Blue3k(m): 12:33am On Mar 27, 2017
No I don't think so Nigeria to populated to control, the cost would be too high and rewards too little. Best to just trade than expend millitary force.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by DeltaYoruba: 12:38am On Mar 27, 2017
Britain is very corrupt
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 27, 2017
smartty68:
Lol! This your question no get answer believe me. At this level of corruption? Dino has answers for you grin
lmao
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by hrhobi1(m): 1:12am On Mar 27, 2017
I really think we need it.
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by Nobody: 2:32am On Mar 27, 2017
dis is tantamount to future impossible tense.....shay na Charlie Constitution of 2017 go solve our problem no....
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by bantudra: 3:13am On Mar 27, 2017
this question dont even make sense..those english moronns first have to pass morroco,algeria,egypt and many others to even reach us sef....

tahhhhh...not even something to discuss....
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by bantudra: 3:17am On Mar 27, 2017
Sketchandcraft:
Can't we think of colonizing smaller countries like Benin Niger even sambisa

sambisa is already conquered...

the question of the op dont even make sense to me sef...
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by bantudra: 3:21am On Mar 27, 2017
hrhobi1:
I really think we need it.

grin....sorry to burst your bubbles..that idea is practicaly impossible...

maybe if the english moronns nuke us first... grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by bantudra: 3:26am On Mar 27, 2017
funny question... grin grin grin grin

i cant stop laughing... grin grin
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 27, 2017
I think what the OP is trying to ask is that can our independence be revoked, because we don't understand nor act like a country that is independent. Although some people would say the white people did more evil than good , but lets just use the universities they built during their era for comparison.
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by bantudra: 3:28am On Mar 27, 2017
fuckerstard:
I think what the OP is trying to ask is that can our independence be revoked, because we don't understand nor act like a country that is independent. Although some people would say the white people did more evil than good , but lets just use the universities they built during their era for comparison.

even jonathan built more universities than them...

sorry..am still lauginnndggg.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by bantudra: 3:31am On Mar 27, 2017
chaiiiii..the self defeating nature of some blacks is very funny... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... grin grin grin grin grin grin

no wonder,boko haram wan to kill all of una... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by Nobody: 3:56am On Mar 27, 2017
bantudra:

even jonathan built more universities than them...

sorry..am still lauginnndggg.... grin grin grin grin

All the universities he built, none of them can be compared to U.I
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by Horus(m): 4:00am On Mar 27, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6euC-JNr6KU

Fela Kuti - Colonial mentality

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by MrMaestro: 4:40am On Mar 27, 2017
Considering how little some Nigerians think of themselves, I would say yes. However I think our stubbornness has reached the level of uncontrollable.
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by hrhobi1(m): 4:56am On Mar 27, 2017
I think if Nigeria had gotten her independence during the 80s things would have been much better than we have now as in good road networks and better living standard.
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by hrhobi1(m): 5:13am On Mar 27, 2017
[quote author=bantudra post=54982824]chaiiiii..the self defeating nature of some blacks is very funny... grin grin grin grin grin grin

What do you mean by self defeating nature? the present condition or situation in our country isn't it self defeating already? Our schools are nothing to write about, constant electricity is non existent, no good roads, the army are trained to molest civilians, police are utterly corrupt, our politicians send their kids to England to school. Now tell me what you mean by self defeat?
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by ShinnBet: 5:25am On Mar 27, 2017
And you wonder why they call you niggas

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by hrhobi1(m): 5:39am On Mar 27, 2017
ShinnBet:
And you wonder why they call you niggas

yea niggas indeed but you die to travel overseas, hypocrisy everywhere. What does your country have to offer other than corruption and backwardness
Re: Is It Possible For The British To Recolonize Nigeria?? by Unak78: 7:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Today's UK military is not what it was during the imperial days and Nigeria's population is far larger than it was even a half century ago. So I doubt it would even be worthwhile to even make the effort. They would likely bankrupt themselves trying to invade Ireland, let alone Nigeria; half a world away and with several times the population. Sure they could use nukes to level the country, but to what end? Their own, probably, after they receive so many sanctions and threats from former allies just for using them? Because that's the only war that they win with almost anyone these days. They are no longer a military power...

The ability to project power is far more technical these days and requires massive spending in floating naval launchpoints (carriers), military appropriation of overseas bases of operation, and technical superiority that negates manpower advantages. And even with all three of these in spades, the US still struggled with troop losses in a nation as sparsely populated and technology-lacking as Afghanistan. The US has 19 active aircraft carriers. The next two countries on that list are Japan and France with 4 each. Italy, Egypt and Australia each have 2. China has 2 if you include the first that they built that isn't actually serviceable (they're working on their true second) and the UK (Russia as well) has one. This is where the shift of the balance of world affairs has gone. Germany, who leads all EU economies and currently overwhelms it's political affairs,... doesn't even have one and has no plans to re-mobilize militarily.

It's all about economics these days; military action is kept light and targeted towards relatively micro-scale operations with controllable outcomes, the likes of which might have some immediate economic or political objective. Trying to build empires are the ambitions of days past. If you do not have a giant continent-straddling nation today, then you will likely never have one in the future unless countries begin to voluntarily decide to unify into socio-economic entities such as the EU in order to achieve some global scale of political influence and economic ambition (Germany). East African nations have talked of this possibility.

Russia still maintains the manpower and a remaining base of military hardware from the Soviet days to dominate their region, but has yet to try projecting beyond Eastern Europe due to lack of ability. Their current military actions have been on this type of scale and has not ranged beyond their immediate border neighbors. What they are doing is trying to build alliances from among the world's growing and perhaps developing future powers and nations that have been traditionally marginalized by the West. In doing so, they feel that they might position themselves as potential leaders in a political block of anti-Western powers in the future. This strategy is one that addresses the current manner in which geo-politics has evolved. It's more about trade (mostly unequal and as unfavorable as possible to your partners), politics, "justifiable" small-scale military actions that meed immediate economic goals (the benefits have to pay for the cost of invasion) and positioning in global affairs.

A UK invasion of Nigeria would not meet any of these and would likely end up in the break-up of the UK completely after the inevitable economic ruin that comes from it. They would not be able to control the oil since they would likely have destroyed the industry during the ruinous war that it would take even in the event that they win. They scale of war and numbers of ground troops that they would need to try would, in relative terms, be the biggest that they've taken since the war with South African Boers, and in absolute numbers greater than any that they've ever deployed in their history. The initial losses alone would be devastating, since this is the 21st century and everyone has assault rifles and tanks and aircraft. Theirs might be newer, but there would be fewer of them on the ground and Nigeria would have the advantage of terrain and manpower. Nigeria's various ethnic factions would likely be unified for the first time since independence as well. No, despite what many Europeans and Westerners would say, it would not be so easy to colonize Africa today, especially one as large as Nigeria, despite it's problems. The US could, because they're probably the only country that still invests heavily in the means to deploy forces effectively around the world, but not without extreme difficulty and cost, and the returns would not justify the effort.

China's next phase of development does include plans to massively scale up their military including the development of aircraft carriers and overseas military bases. But this is a slow process that takes many years to do. Even if the UK decided to do it today, it would require a level of military investment that would deplete the social programs which many of them take for granted. The US' massive military budget is part of the reason that it's spending in other areas is constantly under threat.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Pictures Of Governor Nyesom Wike & Wife Justice Suzzette Then And Now / Nwofor Was Stripped Off SAN Tittle Following His Role In PDP & Sheriff's Case / Update Of Oduduwa Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.