Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) (28203 Views)

Kogi Indigenes Protest Along Abuja-lokoja Road Over Kidnapping (pics) / LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki / Reactions As Anambra Begins Demolition Of 'Shanties' In Onitsha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by blackpanda: 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
ifitistrue:
I see you have a roof over your head.you eat when you so wish.but they are millions of people out there who are not fortunate as you are.just be thankful to God.Some people still can't think straight to know that the 5 fingers are not the same but are all still together to achieve certainly purposes in life.

This pathetic fallacious appeal to pity goes to no issue!
Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by irepsuccess: 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
izzou:
angry

Shebi government house dey Alausa?

They should go there and protest naa.

Let's always learn to take out grievances to the appropriate quarters

Innocent people will be delayed and stuck in traffic because of una
my brother, i dont know whether some nigerians reason wif dia anus ni
Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by yim(f): 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
Lagos state government is always demolishing houses and soon enough some big shot will start buying it for ridiculous amount of money.
Maroko people were displaced, the people from the new eko Atlantic site too and now this.
As much as shanties are bad, the govt needs to stop enriching the rich and slaving the poor. No one wants to live in shanties, I mean they were pushed by circumstances, I, believe no one will see affluence and choose to live in shanties.
Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by mmsen: 9:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Billyonaire:
Do you know the plots of land in question ? Because I know the plot very well, and there are no thieves there except the down and out. These are the same people that were chased away from Kuramo when work started on the Eko Atlantic Projects, so every plot they moved to, is always developed and they get chased out. So, why not let them be ? No one is saying there are no thieves, after all the politicians are also thieves but I am saying, allow them stay until the owners of the plots develops the plots. if there are thieves, then arrest them and allow the innocent ones. I do not know why poor is synonymous to theft in your local dictionaries here.

Why should they stay on land that is not theirs? This is how slums are allowed to grow and you end up with Makoko and other places that are an eye sore as well as a health and safety hazard.

Instead of allowing a problem to fester it is wise to deal with it as soon as possible. You wouldn't allow cancer to settle and grow, slums are the same. They should be eradicated at first sight.
Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 28, 2017
mmsen:

Why should they stay on land that is not theirs? This is how slums are allowed to grow and you end up with Makoko and other places that are an eye sore as well as a health and safety hazard.

Instead of allowing a problem to fester it is wise to deal with it as soon as possible. You wouldn't allow cancer to settle and grow, slums are the same. They should be eradicated at first sight.

Where is your humanity ?
Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by mmsen: 9:57am On Mar 28, 2017
Billyonaire:

Where is your humanity ?

Where is theirs?

If you pay millions for a house should you be forced to live next door to people who think it's okay to set up a crude market stand by your home? Or have their friends loiter by your property?
Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
mmsen:

Where is theirs?

If you pay millions for a house should you be forced to live next door to people who think it's okay to set up a crude market stand by your home? Or have their friends loiter by your property?

Dont be funny, I have nothing against those who are yet to find their footings in life. Some of us were demoted by Lagos wonderment to such level before we shoot at the stars and become billionaires.

Do not despise the days of little beginnings.

Let me close my discussion with this quote: "As man is, God once was. As God is, Man may be."
Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by mmsen: 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
Billyonaire:

Dont be funny, I have nothing against those who are yet to find their footings in life. Some of us were demoted by Lagos wonderment to such level before we shoot at the stars and become billionaires.

Do not despise the days of little beginnings.

Let me close my discussion with this quote: "As man is, God once was. As God is, Man may be."

It's not being funny it's about order and civility, Nigerians will cry about a lack of order, discipline and protocol but ignore the citizens who push for those traits.

Another thing is that the average citizen makes horrendous decisions, in their personal lives and at the voting booth - the two are interlinked. Silly people who cannot cater for themselves are breeding recklessly and thus forced to put themselves and their unfortunate children in harms way in order to feed, clothe and educate them. Again, when enlightened Nigerians talk sense to them they're typically told to shut up or that things such as birth control, family planning or even a rational marriage age (in the north) are counter to the culture. Nevermind that the culture is causing death and suffering.

Hopefully the next time politicians come to them demanding votes they ask for something besides rice and hand outs. In the mean time let them find somewhere to live that doesn't entail occupying land that does not belong to them.
Re: Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) by Emassive(m): 4:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
Can you define the kind of emotion you are trying to talk about here cause for all I know this is a reality of homeless migrants before even the same Lagos or Alausa came to be. So criminally minded govt should be excused for some people's business to thrive. You will make a good Govr in future
izzou:

Anybody can protest when aggrieved. But don't frustrate others with it.

Some people might get a query from their bosses because of the traffic caused by these people. Did you consider those ones too

Go to Alausa and protest. That's where you can find the governor.

Always apply common sense before emotions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Disowns Ngige Over ASUU Strike / Governor Obiano Inspects The Nengo River Bridge, Nteje (Photos) / ‘atiku, Agbaje May Lose In Lagos If…’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.