Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,031 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

God And Seun!!! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Seun!!! (7865 Views)

Rick Warren Partnering With Mosques To Teach That God And Allah Are The Same / Demystifying The Confusion - God, Gods God And Creator / It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God And Seun!!! by ikbnice(m): 12:44am On Mar 29, 2017
Seun:

But which is more reasonable? Would you rather have a friend who reasons with you when you disagree on various issues in order to come to a consensus on what is really true, or a friend who insists that you must accept every silly idea that pops into his head without any proof?
every sane individual won't just swallow everything served to him without any concrete evidence to back it up. If religion wants people to just accept shits, I think God wouldn't have provided us with brains. We would just be programmed us to act like robots.
Re: God And Seun!!! by ikbnice(m): 12:53am On Mar 29, 2017
Tintinnoty:

Se.un, God was not created, his existence is a mystery. Even scientifically, some mystries are beyond human comprehension
Now, this is funny. God wasn't created, he existed before time. Now, how did we get to know him? How do u proof dat the concept of God is not just a product of myth and legends as an explanation to some really unexplainable phenomena as at that time?
When do man begin to have the idea of the existence of a God?
Re: God And Seun!!! by MuttleyLaff: 5:57am On Mar 29, 2017
urheme:
prove this and prove that......don't you guys ever get tired
undecided undecided undecided

ikbnice:
Religion wants you to accept concepts dogmatically
while atheists want proof to everything.
So, both can never reach a consensus on the matter.
It is what it is.
Provided one understands a self-evident declaration or proposition, then consensus on any matter can easily be reached

By the way, look up James 1:27, to read on what is true religion.
Also, atheists have a wisdom problem, when its about God,
and that's why both Psalm 14:1a and Psalm 53:1a ridicules and dismisses the wisdom of atheists concerning their irreverence to God

Seun:
But which is more reasonable?
Would you rather have a friend who reasons with you when you disagree on various issues
in order to come to a consensus on what is really true
or a friend who insists that you must accept every silly idea that pops into his head without any proof?
"Come now, and let us reason together," says Yahweh:
"Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.
Though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

- Isaiah 1:18

Submit your case," (i.e. present the case for your idols) says Yahweh.
"Bring forth your strong reasons," (i.e. set forth your arguments, let your idols show what they can do,) says the King of Jacob.

- Isaiah 41:21

Jesus, said to him,
''I AM THE LIVING GOD,
The Way
and The Truth
and The Life;
no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”

- John 14:6

Just like in the Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 45:5 and Isaiah 45:18 verses earlier mentioned on page 0,
God always makes irrefutable self declarative statements about the Godhead, Godship and/or Godhood
Re: God And Seun!!! by highscript(m): 6:45am On Mar 29, 2017
Amberon:
Did they tell you they are mentally retarded? The mad people who have visited hospitals, how many of them have been cured?

Don't derail, this isn't about Myles Monroe.
mad people will never accept they are mad...we sane people need to tie and carry them...
If God truly speak with his people he should have talk to Myles Monroe that's what I'm saying
Re: God And Seun!!! by highscript(m): 6:50am On Mar 29, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

It is what it is.
Provided one understands a self-evident declaration or proposition, then consensus on any matter can easily be reached

By the way, look up James 1:27, to read on what is true religion.
Also, atheists have a wisdom problem, when its about God,
and that's why both Psalm 14:1a and Psalm 53:1a ridicules and dismisses the wisdom of atheists concerning their irreverence to God

"Come now, and let us reason together," says Yahweh:
"Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.
Though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

- Isaiah 1:18

Submit your case," (i.e. present the case for your idols) says Yahweh.
"Bring forth your strong reasons," (i.e. set forth your arguments, let your idols show what they can do,) says the King of Jacob.

- Isaiah 41:21

Jesus, said to him,
''I AM THE LIVING GOD,
The Way
and The Truth
and The Life;
no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”

- John 14:6

Just like in the Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 45:5 and Isaiah 45:18 verses earlier mentioned on page 0,
God always makes irrefutable self declarative statements about the Godhead, Godship and/or Godhood
don't quote that shit for us here .
Its a book of lies ......give us real life examples
Re: God And Seun!!! by MuttleyLaff: 7:19am On Mar 29, 2017
highscript:
Its a book of lies ......give us tea life examples
Would you rather I quote a FSM or Zeus book?
Re: God And Seun!!! by CatfishBilly: 7:43am On Mar 29, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
By all means.
Re: God And Seun!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:11am On Mar 29, 2017
highscript:
Its a book of lies ......give us real life examples

MuttleyLaff:

CatfishBilly:
By all means.

State an unashamed frank, open and unreserved statement about creation
made by the FSM or Zeus that is/are on a par with any declaration or all statements God has made
Re: God And Seun!!! by CatfishBilly: 8:15am On Mar 29, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

State an unashamed frank, open and unreserved statement about creation
made by the FSM or Zeus that is/are on a par with any declaration or all statements God has made
If by now, you've not recognized that FSM is a humorous play on the Abrahamic religions, then, you know now.
FSM, The Bible, The Koran, they are all works of fiction.
Re: God And Seun!!! by Nebuchadnezar: 8:28am On Mar 29, 2017
engineerboat:

Nebuchadnezar also said the same thing to the 3 Hebrew children.

He eat grass till he comes back to his senses
why are you calling my name anyhow?
Re: God And Seun!!! by MuttleyLaff: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2017
CatfishBilly:
If by now, you've not recognized that FSM is a humorous play on the Abrahamic religions, then, you know now.
FSM, The Bible, The Koran, they are all works of fiction.
FSM is imaginary alright
whether the imaginary FSM and/or any other god elsewhere
Yahweh, the God in the Bible is exalted far above all other gods,
Re: God And Seun!!! by CatfishBilly: 8:38am On Mar 29, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
FSM is imaginary alright
whether the imaginary FSM and/or any other god elsewhere
Yahweh, the God in the Bible is exalted far above all other gods,
What makes you so sure that he's the one true God?
Because a work of fiction told you so?
What if you die and at the pearly Gates, you discover that Odin is the one true god and Thor is his begotten son?
Re: God And Seun!!! by Nebuchadnezar: 8:56am On Mar 29, 2017
Seun:
My parents, especially my mum. Can you answer my question about why you believe that the God of Israel is the creator of all things?

@daamazing: Forget about atheists. Let's talk about your belief. What makes you sure that the God your parents worship is the right one?
dear seun i specially quoted you to tell you the rot going on in politics section where a mod that feels that he supports apc keeps expressing his impunity by selective judgment.

i feel that this is the opportunity to contact you with pictorial evidence of the selective judgment of the mods
my friend was banned for nothing just because he reported someone that broke rule 2 by insulting someone's mother.
the most painful part is that the offender boasted openly that my friend will be banned for reporting him.
the biased mod went ahead to delete every evidence that led to the guy breaking rules and I ask, why did the mod deleted the evidence since it's not a punishable offence?
the offender omenka parades a new omenka.lives (remove the dot) due to the ban he's probably serving which he broke rule 19 but the partisan mod you employed on politics section is ignorant of that.
the same guy broke the rules and the mods banned my friend for reporting him.
i quoted you because i believe that this is how to get your attention on this Injustice personally because reporting and mailing the mods is useless because you don't know who read it first
Seun i implore you to act fast because some people are using their power as mod for personal vendetta

below is the evidence of the post from the guy also you can see how the partisan mods carefully deleted the evidence of original post
i have seen people banned for lesser offense like "get out"! by the same mod mynd
cc
Seun Lalasticlala obinoscopy

1 Like

Re: God And Seun!!! by Demmzy15(m): 9:04am On Mar 29, 2017
Lagusta:

i'm actually not a christian but a very liberal agnostic muslim....

but has science given any explanations on how the big bang came to be?? like what started the big bang??
grin grin grin grin
Re: God And Seun!!! by Blogthug(m): 1:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
Seun:

Which God? The idea of remote God who went into hiding after starting the big bang can't be disproved, but such a God is irrelevant. If you're talking about an all-knowing God who makes mistakes, a loving God who plans to burn most people alive in fire for all eternity, or an all-powerful God who can't forgive sins unless someone who is his 'son', and also himself, is brutally executed, then one must reject that God.

Great to hear you accept the possibility of a deistic God even though u made a fallacious statement in an attempt to mock the concept of a Deistic God, now why is such a God irrelevant if it caused the Big Bang that brought our universe into existence? and why would you assume a God will be hiding? is God defined as a physical being? if No, how can a God hide?
Re: God And Seun!!! by Blogthug(m): 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Seun:

It's one thing to give an explanation and a completely different thing for the explanation to actually be true. Science can't tell us what led to the existence of the compressed ball of matter that exploded at the beginning of time, just as your religion can't tell us who or what created God.

if you understand the Kallam Cosmological argument, u will not ask the question " who or what created God" I suggest u read it up
Re: God And Seun!!! by Blogthug(m): 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
Tintinnoty:

Seun, God was not created, his existence is a mystery. Even scientifically, some mystries are beyond human comprehension

that's a poor explanation, go study the Kallam cosmological argument, it will help u make solid logical answers about God's creation, what u stated there cannot convince a anyone
Re: God And Seun!!! by Blogthug(m): 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
ikbnice:
Now, this is funny. God wasn't created, he existed before time. Now, how did we get to know him? How do u proof dat the concept of God is not just a product of myth and legends as an explanation to some really unexplainable phenomena as at that time?
When do man begin to have the idea of the existence of a God?

the existence of God is innate, there is a scientific study for this, google it! it's part of his grand design , but there is philosophy and logic to give u better understanding of the Creator
Re: God And Seun!!! by engineerboat(m): 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:

why are you calling my name anyhow?

Hahahahahaha

I never know someone bear that name on Nairaland.

So sorry about that.

I was referring to Nebuchadnezzar in the Bible
Re: God And Seun!!! by Niflheim(m): 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
@op,

No "unbeliever" is finding it hard to understand how God became jesus!!! Vishnu became Buddha and Cleopatra was the incarnation of Isis!!! They are all fraudulent myths!!!

Wishful thinking will never bring your 'god' into existence!!!
Re: God And Seun!!! by Malefactor(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
highscript:
A book can never be self authenticating.
Never,seun created Nairaland and if not because the domain info has been protected you will just check and see his name but at least you can see his name when you scroll down on every page on Nairaland....
Where is Your God's signature? Or are you just giving him credit that he doesn't deserve because of what you're being told ?

True. no book can be self authenticated. And no book too can exist without being written by someone. I'm an agnostic, leaning slightly towards deism. I just want to you to clear me on something. How did the earth come to exist?
Re: God And Seun!!! by Malefactor(m): 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
My mother gave birth to me. But I look very much like my father.

How did I know this?

I saw him everyday.

yeah. that and the fact that your blood groups are related.
Re: God And Seun!!! by urheme: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
Frenzy007:
fool he didn't tell her bcoz he knew she wuld react and meet dem nd y do u think iz money iz not genuine did i tell you dat he was jobless plz dont jump into conclusions on wat u dont know and i neva said ur god doesn't exist i only tried to open ur eyes so u can know d kind of God u worship....a God dat uses blood as sacrifice undecided

you are so bitter and twisted....

please don't blame God for your frustration and uncontrollable anger......no body is fool....gat it ...and what do you call your aunt that had a child out of wedlock with a Muslim......funny you even belief an alfar or whatsoever he is called can keep your aunt alive grin grin grin grin grin

you are incapable of opening any eyes......mine are already opened....and beside God don't take blood sacrifice, there is no juju shrine in Christianity.
Re: God And Seun!!! by highscript(m): 6:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
Malefactor:

True. no book can be self authenticated. And no book too can exist without being written by someone. I'm an agnostic, leaning slightly towards deism. I just want to you to clear me on something. How did the earth come to exist?
you see It's the greatest Mystery, and the root of all the others.
To me science is just like an FBI investigation of a gunshot,they will tell you the likely things that surrounds it,don't mind my English o. They will tell you the angle the bullet comes from with back up evidence like using the hole the bullet pierce in tracing where the shooter pull the trigger ,but they will never tell you who pull the trigger,to tell you who pull the trigger they will consult maybe available cctv that cover the angle of the shooter at time of the gunshot....
The only problem all the available theories that explain how the earth came into existence have is it lacks who will go back in time to prove the theory to be fact (((the time travel will represent the available cctv in the FBI investigation that I mention earlier))) .theories are not fact untill they prove it remember.
So I wont tell you how the earth came into existence because nobody really knows .
There are theory and they makes sense and convincing but someone can't just tell us God made it.just like that ? Where do they arrive at that conclusion? Ebenezer chapter 4 vs -18 or Quran suratu Sikiru 20vs17....
Re: God And Seun!!! by MuttleyLaff: 5:57am On Mar 30, 2017
CatfishBilly:
What makes you so sure that he's the one true God?
But where there is no faith it is impossible truly to please God
for the man who draws near to God must believe that there is a God
and that God proves Himself a rewarder of those who earnestly try to find Him

- Hebrews 11:6

Reiterating verses such as Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 45:5 and Isaiah 45:18 earlier mentioned on page 0
and John 14:6 recently mentioned on this page,
shows God making irrefutable self declarative statements about the Godhead, Godship and/or Godhood being the one true God

Sincerity and having a right useful purpose to know the one true God, goes a long way in giving anyone this conviction

CatfishBilly:
Because a work of fiction told you so?
19What can be known about God is clear to them because God has made it clear to them
(i.e. people know the truth about God because God has made it obvious to them)
20For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky.
Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities
--His eternal power and His eternal Godhead (i.e. divine nature)
So they have no excuse for not knowing God

- Roman 1:19-20

No, not because a work of fiction or any other for that matter, told me so.
You however can say, suprarational knowledge ''told me'' so

By the way, if anyone is told there is one true God,
then this ought to reinforce the ''a one and true God'' fact that you would have already been aware of
(i.e. knowledge of the existence of a one and true God emanating from intuition and innate capability or sense)

CatfishBilly:
What if you die and at the pearly Gates, you discover that Odin is the one true god and Thor is his begotten son?
And this is the way to have eternal life
- to know you God, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth

- John 17:3

After the grim reaper visit and when you cross that bridge, you'll eventually discover that, God is, as real as the god of Nairaland
however will also find out that Odin and Thor are truly tales from Greek mythology, believed by many but actually arent true
Re: God And Seun!!! by CatfishBilly: 7:19am On Mar 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
But where there is no faith it is impossible truly to please God
for the man who draws near to God must believe that there is a God
and that God proves Himself a rewarder of those who earnestly try to find Him

- Hebrews 11:6

Reiterating verses such as Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 45:5 and Isaiah 45:18 earlier mentioned on page 0
and John 14:6 recently mentioned on this page,
shows God making irrefutable self declarative statements about the Godhead, Godship and/or Godhood being the one true God

Sincerity and having a right useful purpose to know the one true God, goes a long way in giving anyone this conviction

19What can be known about God is clear to them because God has made it clear to them
(i.e. people know the truth about God because God has made it obvious to them)
20For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky.
Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities
--His eternal power and His eternal Godhead (i.e. divine nature)
So they have no excuse for not knowing God

- Roman 1:19-20

No, not because a work of fiction or any other for that matter, told me so.
You however can say, suprarational knowledge ''told me'' so

By the way, if anyone is told there is one true God,
then this ought to reinforce the ''a one and true God'' fact that you would have already been aware of
(i.e. knowledge of the existence of a one and true God emanating from intuition and innate capability or sense)

And this is the way to have eternal life
- to know you God, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth

- John 17:3

After the grim reaper visit and when you cross that bridge, you'll eventually discover that, God is, as real as the god of Nairaland
however will also find out that Odin and Thor are truly tales from Greek mythology, believed by many but actually arent true

That is what I've been saying about the Bible.
Tales from Jewish Mythology, plagiarized from older civilization, throw in a few historical figures and present it as fact.
The Bible is as real as The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown.
Can you explain the suprarational knowledge to me?
Please don't quote the Bible

1 Like

Re: God And Seun!!! by MuttleyLaff: 7:45am On Mar 30, 2017
CatfishBilly:
That is what I've been saying about the Bible.
Tales from Jewish Mythology, plagiarized from older civilization, throw in a few historical figures and present it as fact.
The Bible is as real as The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
Historical figures in the Bible presented as fact that each and very day are becoming verifiable

CatfishBilly:
Can you explain the suprarational knowledge to me?
C'mon doc, intuition and innate capability or sense now
(i.e. it's ''abinibi'', not mere or just ability)

CatfishBilly:
Please don't quote the Bible
Are you that averse to the Bible
Re: God And Seun!!! by CatfishBilly: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Historical figures in the Bible presented as fact that each and very day are becoming verifiable

C'mon doc, intuition and innate capability or sense now
(i.e. it's ''abinibi'', not mere or just ability)

Are you that averse to the Bible
The DaVinci Code incoporated so many historical figures, that still doesn't change the fact that it's a work of fiction.
I'm not averse to the Bible. What I'm averse to is quoting a work of fiction to me as fact

1 Like

Re: God And Seun!!! by hopefulLandlord: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2017
CatfishBilly:

The DaVinci Code incoporated so many historical figures, that still doesn't change the fact that it's a work of fiction.
I'm not averse to the Bible. What I'm averse to is quoting a work of fiction to me as fact
Too many Christians like to pretend that the bible must either be completely true or completely false, so some historically accurate place names and people is enough to justify everything.

They conveniently ignore the genre that the bible fits into perfectly that sits between the two: historical fiction.

Spiderman is set in New York, which is a real place, and the comics often get details of the place right and certain characters, that doesn't mean Spiderman is real, it just means the writers and artists have been to New York and know certain characters

And that isn't even getting into when the Bible gets its geography and history wrong like the Sea of Galilee which doesn't exist outside three of the gospels? It was never called that in ancient times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / Church Testimonies- To The Glory Of God Or Testifier's Glory? / What Does "yookos" Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.