Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Love Ain't Enough - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Ain't Enough (6182 Views)

We Ain't Dating Yet - Should I Get Her A Phone? / If This Ain't Real Love, What Else Is (photos) / Guys Ain't Sex Tools; Be Like This Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Ain't Enough by Mimzyy(f): 5:33am On Mar 29, 2017
If love is just enough to keep a relationship/marriage then maybe the divorce rates will not be so high. #justsaying
Re: Love Ain't Enough by pocohantas(f): 7:17am On Mar 29, 2017
I discovered that when people say love isn't enough, they are seeing love as that butterfly in the tummy, hormones rising...puppy love.
Love goes beyond these feelings. Love is all encompassing.
The above kind of love definitely isn't enough, it'll wear off with time.

My kind of love seeks to understand, tolerate, respect and compromise for my partner, as long as it's reciprocated. I think this one is enough Mimz.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Ain't Enough by SmartchoicesNG: 7:22am On Mar 29, 2017
Mimzyy:
If love is just enough to keep a relationship/marriage then maybe the divorce rates will not be so high. #justsaying
How do you know those marriages were contracted based on love?
Social sciences are not empirical without being context specific..... Reason the thread hasn't arrived at a closure.
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Mimzyy(f): 9:01am On Mar 29, 2017
Expatiate please.

SmartchoicesNG:

How do you know those marriages were contracted based on love?
Social sciences are not empirical without being context specific..... Reason the thread hasn't arrived at a closure.
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Mimzyy(f): 9:02am On Mar 29, 2017
Exactly.

pocohantas:
I discovered that when people say love isn't enough, they are seeing love as that butterfly in the tummy, hormones rising...puppy love.
Love goes beyond these feelings. Love is all encompassing.
The above kind of love definitely isn't enough, it'll wear off with time.

My kind of love seeks to understand, tolerate, respect and compromise for my partner, as long as it's reciprocated. I think this one is enough Mimz.
Re: Love Ain't Enough by SmartchoicesNG: 9:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Mimzyy:
Expatiate please.

Specify a model....
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 29, 2017
Mimzyy:
Exactly.

love is not enough..

You wouldn't stay with someone that cheats on you habitually just because you love them. What is love without trust? What is it without respect? 
Love does not feed, clothe nor shelter. It doesn't solve nor prevent problem.

It most certainly is not enough in any circumstance. 
But at the same time, many circumstances just aren't worth it if there isn't love..

When it comes to serious relationships, it mostly comes down to money and the future. True love can endure a lot but it can't always be enough.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Ain't Enough by tobaseye: 11:46am On Mar 29, 2017
I think OP is very correct, the love you feel for someone the first time you meet is not enough to keep a relationship going. Because as time passes the more you get to know each other, the love and the affection you have for the person will either drop or increase.

And I strongly believe that, love is not enough as she rightly pointed out, but those attributes you have seen in each other that you feel align with your type of person will keep the relationship going.

My opinion.....
Re: Love Ain't Enough by FTBOY: 11:48am On Mar 29, 2017
Mimzyy:
that's because you hardly find marriages based on love nowadays. people are desperate...and would rather marry for personal gains than for love. most people marry for fame, money or just to get a Mr/Mrs title.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Ain't Enough by JuneOctober(f): 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Benita27:
You failed to grab the message. grin

Nice one from whoever wrote it.

cheesy Benita where have you been ehn?
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
JuneOctober:

cheesy Benita where have you been ehn?
Good evening ma', like we've met before?. grin have been around but was using my alternate.
Re: Love Ain't Enough by JuneOctober(f): 3:30am On Mar 30, 2017
Benita27:
Good evening ma', like we've met before?. grin have been around but was using my alternate.

grin I know your monicker and I haven't been seeing it lately. That's why I asked. Welcome tongue
Re: Love Ain't Enough by charleff512(m): 5:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
Very intelligent piece!
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Toks2008(m): 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mimzyy:
I have discovered that love doesn't guarantee the success of a relationship. Love cannot help you stick to one person all years round, and on the other hand, cheating isn't always a product of not loving your partner. In fact, loving someone doesn't guarantee not falling in love with someone else.
Relationships work out mostly because of our head not our heart. It works out because of our emotional maturity, empathetic intelligence and self discipline because, time will come when you'll see more beautiful, handsome, romantic, intelligent, sexy, rich, curvy and God fearing people than the one you're in a relationship with.

In those times, love will not help you; self control will help you, emotional intelligence will come to your rescue and commitment will keep you going. With those characteristics, no matter how you feel for someone else, the person you're committed to will rank first in your life.

You think happily married people don't see better people than the ones they married? You think they don't feel funny sometimes? You think they don't catch feelings? They do!

But understanding that commitment is greater than feelings is the great arsenal that do destroy that impulse.

You can fall in love with anyone, but building a relationship takes absolutely more than what attracted you to them and takes more than love.

We are too fond of loving when it's convenient and sweet. We are too fond of loving when love is there but that can only last for just the first 3-6 months of the relationship. After then, you'll realise that the feelings have dropped, it's now your responsibility to make it work, not love's responsibility.

Relationships cannot be readymade. You have to build it and it's never always about love, it requires commitment and intelligence. On the long run in marriages, it's not just love that keeps them together forever, it's determination and commitment.

Everyone falls in love; it takes little or no effort to do that. But staying in love? Building a relationship? Only the strong and committed ones do that.

That's why we must find that one person and commit to that one, discipline yourself and bridle your emotions.
Building a relationship is hard work, it's like building a career, It's like pursuing a dream. It's always tough, at some point it will be so bitter but you can make it work by putting your heads together, you can scale through the trying time by being focus and committed.

The kind of love that attracts two people together is not the kind of love that will keep them together. Be emotionally strong and be self disciplined.

#Copied

Insightful piece.
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Olamibawse(m): 12:56am On Apr 02, 2017
Mimzyy:
I have discovered that love doesn't guarantee the success of a relationship. Love cannot help you stick to one person all years round, and on the other hand, cheating isn't always a product of not loving your partner. In fact, loving someone doesn't guarantee not falling in love with someone else.
Relationships work out mostly because of our head not our heart. It works out because of our emotional maturity, empathetic intelligence and self discipline because, time will come when you'll see more beautiful, handsome, romantic, intelligent, sexy, rich, curvy and God fearing people than the one you're in a relationship with.

In those times, love will not help you; self control will help you, emotional intelligence will come to your rescue and commitment will keep you going. With those characteristics, no matter how you feel for someone else, the person you're committed to will rank first in your life.

You think happily married people don't see better people than the ones they married? You think they don't feel funny sometimes? You think they don't catch feelings? They do!

But understanding that commitment is greater than feelings is the great arsenal that do destroy that impulse.

You can fall in love with anyone, but building a relationship takes absolutely more than what attracted you to them and takes more than love.

We are too fond of loving when it's convenient and sweet. We are too fond of loving when love is there but that can only last for just the first 3-6 months of the relationship. After then, you'll realise that the feelings have dropped, it's now your responsibility to make it work, not love's responsibility.

Relationships cannot be readymade. You have to build it and it's never always about love, it requires commitment and intelligence. On the long run in marriages, it's not just love that keeps them together forever, it's determination and commitment.

Everyone falls in love; it takes little or no effort to do that. But staying in love? Building a relationship? Only the strong and committed ones do that.

That's why we must find that one person and commit to that one, discipline yourself and bridle your emotions.
Building a relationship is hard work, it's like building a career, It's like pursuing a dream. It's always tough, at some point it will be so bitter but you can make it work by putting your heads together, you can scale through the trying time by being focus and committed.

The kind of love that attracts two people together is not the kind of love that will keep them together. Be emotionally strong and be self disciplined.

#Copied

In Tina Turner's voice

What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love but a sweet old fashioned notion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken.

Love is an emotion but the question we should as ourself is why am I in love? What are the reason for falling in love? Can these reasons sustain us forever? If Yes, then love is enough. The important thing is to understand the reason why u(couples) are both in love and will those reasons sustain them.
Re: Love Ain't Enough by y3mi(m): 1:16am On Jun 11, 2017
Mimzyy:

#Copied
So far the most sensible read on Nairaland romance. Where'd you nicked it from ?

3 Likes

Re: Love Ain't Enough by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 11, 2017
Mimzyy:

#Copied
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Barzinime(m): 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
Didn't you go to sch?
dingbang:
So what's enough? Money?
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 15, 2017
Mimzyy:

#Copied
hmm quite deep

Re: Love Ain't Enough by Mimzyy(f): 6:21am On Jun 15, 2017
lefulefu:

hmm quite deep

Hmmmm.. Yeah

1 Like

Re: Love Ain't Enough by kaboninc(m): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2017
Mimzyy:

Hmmmm.. Yeah

Always copying sad sad
Re: Love Ain't Enough by NgoziOkoli(f): 7:31am On Jun 15, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
I can't imagine that someone in love can actually love another person. just thinking aloud

I agree with the rest of your point

But you have brain na! undecided
Re: Love Ain't Enough by HardMirror(m): 8:17am On Jun 15, 2017
falconey:
love or money or sex etc is never enough, all must come together and function.

I thought this a basic knowledge to all, at least to an adult.
good thread and great points made. it is possible to be in love with many people. so love ain't enough
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Mimzyy(f): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2017
Copying what?

kaboninc:

Always copying sad sad
Re: Love Ain't Enough by kaboninc(m): 9:36am On Jun 15, 2017
Mimzyy:
Copying what?

Copying thingxxx angry angry
Re: Love Ain't Enough by Mimzyy(f): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2017
Ignored.

kaboninc:

Copying thingxxx angry angry
Re: Love Ain't Enough by kaboninc(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2017
Mimzyy:
Ignored.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mimmmmzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girls Can You Date A Guy Like This For A Million Naira Per Month / Wat Was D Last Thing U Said To Ur Ex / Four Kinds Of Women Who May Not Marry In Their Entire Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.