Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,746 members, 7,844,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem (3403 Views)

Met His Fiancee A Virgin But Got Deflowered By Another Guy / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed / A Must Read Write Up :- Can You Die For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by kinghenry(m): 11:51pm On Dec 13, 2005
CimonJorr, thanks 4 ur submission. I really appreciate it. U are a gud brother. I'll follow ur advise.

Goodguy and PrettyH, there's no need being at each others throat. This is supposed 2 be an interactive forum and not a wrestling ring. Let's all be friends. I appreciate both ur submissions. U are all great people to interact with. And as for you prettyH, I'd love to know some more about u. That's if u don't mind.

pluto04 and cooldee, respect to u guys.Thanks a lot for making me feel good and confident about my lady. I still do love her and I mean it. I have no intentions of dumping her like that without giving it the fight that it deserves. It will give me great joy to walk her to the aisle. She promised to give me very beautiful kids and I have no doubt about it cos she's damned pretty. I want u all to trust me. Peace!!!
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by goodguy(m): 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2005
I wish you the best, kinghenry. cool
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by sweetnini(f): 8:59am On Dec 14, 2005
i wish u all the best @kinghenry
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by kenflavor(m): 11:55am On Dec 14, 2005
.............. that is if he will take to our advice.  sad

I had said it earlier...., what you need is COMMUNICATION. Tell her your mind and I am very sure she will sit up and learn how to read and write good English.
As per my aunty, I think what really did the magic was a teacher that was coming to her shop and teach her basic things as ealier emphasized by Simon. So, do the same, let her forget about the higher institution for now and hire a good teacher that will be teaching her tenses and verbs.

Henry, just count yourself a lucky guy for having a woman that has all those good qualities you mentioned above. I swear if I were you, I gat no time to waste but to take her to the alter cheesy, because such women are scarce to get nowadays.

Pleeeeaaassseee, I beg you with the name of the almighty God to get hooked up with that lady and you will remain a joyful man throughout your entire life. I am assuring you that, if you take to all these pieces of advice given to you by Nairalanders, just give it two years and you will be surprised the way your woman will be writing the end of the year report of your conglomerate.

Have a lovely romance my brother.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by kinghenry(m): 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2005
goodguy, sweetnini and kenflavour, thanks a lot 4 ur great advise. I appreciate it and I assure u I'll work with it. I hope 2 invite all u guys on that D-Day.

Seun, u are not left out. Thanx a lot.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Smashing1(f): 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2005
Hello kinghenry, I beleive that if your fiancee's lack of exposure and education is bothering you as much as you have expressed you should let go of her now, from all you have written, despite the strong love you claim you feel for her, you haven't been able to accept her totally her shortcomings.
If this bothers you this much now when her r/ship with you is just dating (because you have not proposed to her so she isn't really you fiancee) - a r/ship where you can even deny the other person if he/she has become an embarrasment, think of how you would feel when she bears your name and is going about throwing all these bombs.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by kenflavor(m): 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2005
@smashing!
I will advice you go through the thread all over again, I guess u are missing some points. Thank you for your advice. The guy said he will be inviting us for their wedding. So, don't let us drag him back again. I am very sure he will not do anything stupid and he loves the lady dearly.

Well, you are welcome to Nairaland. Have u introduced yourself at New User 
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by mide2(f): 2:32am On Dec 20, 2005
Being in Love doesn't immune one from seeing your partner's flaws and a major one for that matter, although not her fault in any way. But i feel the guy's pulse, getting married as a high profile guy to an absolute can't read, can't write lady isn't a fairytale. It isn't as easy as u guys make it out to look. hmmm.believe me or not it will have it's days.
But honestly too i think it's redeemable, just needs time.and if truly as it comes out to me, Henry loves the lady, then he should be able to give it time. I have seen a complete, stack illiterate, househelp who got a nice woman to work for and was taken to London. She now speaks atleast communicable English. She needed an intepreter before but now she's ok with a job. so time and effort will help.........try the idea of sending her to London(esp if she can go to an adult training english school) she'll see alot of foreigners as well who can't read or write like her. So she won't feel like she's the only one with the prob.(some Europeans can't read or write Englis) Best of luck
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by chy(f): 4:32pm On Mar 31, 2006
taking her to ur sister in overseas wont solve the problem
i feel she sholid start learning 4rm the preliminaries especialy
on pronounciation of alphabets it will help her cope with the
rest i feel for u ur love is eal and ur story should enter the nairaland
book of records just try and see make sure she improves b4 u get
married unless ur children maybe affected because she will spend
more time with them b4 their shool age goodluck
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Helly(f): 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2006
KingHenry, for you to have made all these efforts to see that your girl improve's and even planning to send her abroad really shows that you love her so much and you want the best for her. Not all guys are willing to go half the way you've gone therefore I commend you and equally advice you not to give up on her, just keep on trying and she'll pick up before you know it. You guys have come a long way and this is not the time to call it off after much devotion to each other, I strongly believe she'll improve just don't rush her, learning is a gradual process. God will help you and all's gonna be fine ok? just dont let anything put you apart not even her inability to read and write for gems like her are rare to find!
Good luck in all your endeavours and hope you'll invite me too on that D-Day? grin
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by desiree(f): 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2006
@kinghenry
Have you stopped to consider the fact that she might be dyslexic, many of the successful entrepreneurs, hollywood actors and musicians can even read or write properly not because they weren't exposed to good education but because of their dyslexia. If you love her it shouldn't matter to you. when you have kids together get them a private tutor to help with their homework. This should be the least of your worries for now and consider yourself one very lucky man.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by SweetnSour(f): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2006
lmaoooooooooooo u berra be kidding me
she can't read or write
and she's a gem
na rare gem self
`can't help laughing
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Grizzly(m): 4:39am On Apr 20, 2006
get married already,
u can teach her the rest later, kiss
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:57am On May 04, 2006
i read your story and its really pathetic,but first do people marry for physical reasons or do they marry for love?i think what really matters, is you love her and you have seen she's a good wife material,so why waste time?all in the name of her not being fluent in the english language. i have seen cases of illiterate wifes who's  never been inside the four walls of school. but when they get married,as time goes on their grab of the english language becomes more fluent.remember not all brains are the same.some people take a short time to learn,while some take longer periods to learn.so please consider these views i have listed,before you take a drastic step you may regret later.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by babymine(f): 11:29am On May 04, 2006
Help her learn how to read, talk to her, she needs to improve for her own good.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 04, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

i read your story and its really pathetic,but first do people marry for physical reasons or do they marry for love?i think what really matters, is you love her and you have seen she's a good wife material,so why waste time?all in the name of her not being fluent in the english language. i have seen cases of illiterate wifes who's never been inside the four walls of school. but when they get married,as time goes on their grab of the english language becomes more fluent.remember not all brains are the same.some people take a short time to learn,while some take longer periods to learn.so please consider these views i have listed,before you take a drastic step you may regret later.

great story here and quite pathetic if i must add. @thoniaslim, before you make a comment, reverse the situation and put yourself in his shoes i.e your husband to be can't read or write, can't talk to ur friends or family. Would you still marry him because you "love" him? be practical, compatibility is an integral part of loving someone. I don't advise the guy to dump the girl but at this stage it's a little too late to help her. Tell her as lovingly as you can and break the relationship if u can no longer live with it.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 04, 2006
babymine:

Help her learn how to read, talk to her, she needs to improve for her own good.

Read his posts, he's been doing that for 7 yrs!
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Bolaji4349(m): 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2006
All the members of nairaland are wonderful and brilliant ppl, i think the man who needs advice cant get anything iin this world better than all what ppl have said here, Most especially the ppl supporting the girl, let me try add my own qouter to this, if you leave this very lady, be sure somebody out there will pick her up in the next second and you might not be locky again to get somebody like dat, you will get the beautifull ones and those who speaks good english but i beat it, you might not get the features of that lady according to what you said about her.

be strong man , and dont stop training her, she will be better one day! we all came to this world with empty brain and got all we new on this earth and who tells you she cant improve?
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Damsal(f): 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2006
First of all i must say that i think you are the sweetest guy ever and i'm sure if you girfriend read this and realised how affected you were about her status she'd change

i also think you are conforming to nigerias way of understanding that you have to speak the accepted or appreciated way of english as read above you can start by home schooling her, but don't correct her on every occasion she might feel patronized and lack confidence because she feels she's disappointing you, and also the way my mum taught me to read was by constantly giving me spelling and telling me to go over them again and again if you try that she would definfitly improve.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Coco29(f): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2006
i was in the same situation once and i must say it was hard not being able to communicate with him, but you see of all my other relationships he was the kindest, sweetest man i have ever known, it took some time for him to learn to read and write and speak properly.

some of my friends laughed at him but it had no affect on me because i loved him, and it was only the two off us who mattered.

over time he learned English and went to college, because his mother was ill he had to return to his country (where English is their first language) he is now very successfull, although he choose to stay in his country, i still have the option of joining him.

for now we talk on the phone and will remain very good friends, what i am saying is if you love her it has nothing to do with anyone else and you should defend her if you have to in time she will learn, it just depends how much you love her and how much you are willing to
wait

sweetie true love is never easy
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by sekratu411(f): 5:03am On Jun 15, 2006
what i can say to you is to pray pray pray everyday and see the work of god
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by Abekeade08(f): 2:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
I wonder whatever happened to kinghenry. Maybe I am shallow, but as for me I can't marry someone who can't speak or write english. I once dated someone like that and I had to end it. undecided
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by sara2007: 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
If you truly love her and this inability to read and write is the only problem, i think it can be handled. You should not have sent her to ss2 directly, you should have let her begin from the begining. You can always hire a lesson teacher 4 your kids to help with homework. And you do not need your friends approval on the type of wife you marry, as long as you are happy, they will eventually respect and admire you 4 that. The only problem i see is you dying, God forbid, before she is able to gain necessary basic skills to take care of your children when you are gone. Please dont put her is ss direct again o, she should start from primary 1 on an self paced accelerated learning program.
Re: My Fiancee Can't Read, Write But She's a Gem by smallworld(f): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
kinghenry,
i am really feeling u,but first,have u ever thought that she could practice the vows that will be pronounced by both of you in church before the D-DAY? others have actually mentioned some of what i have to see, come and see high personalties blowing blunders both male and female,fine girls and handsome guy even wealthy you will be shocked.Remember again that we all have our differences and i feel even her own is better compare to some cracy things others do.okay,lets think it this way that you are the one that can not read or write,will you have prefered her dumping you because u can not?or if shes your sister wil you have prefer her staying in your parents house for her life time?this is not a curse just want you to put yourself in her shoes because she will not be happy with her not able to speak and write good english. my advice, follow ur heart and pray to God to order ur steps,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flirting / Anatomy Of D Female Brain / She Was Caught Pantless!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.