Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) (14868 Views)

Anambra And Delta Reach Agreement On Onitsha Bridgehead Barricade (Pics) / US, Nigeria Sign Agreement On Abacha Loot Return / President Buhari Signs Bilateral Agreement On Anti-Corruption, Tax Admin (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by metallisc(m): 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2017
eph123:

I am very sure he doesn't, probably thinks it will earn him an invite to visit Paris again tongue

That is what happens when a country has aimless leaders.

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by eph123(f): 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
metallisc:

grin grin grin grin grin

tongue

that meme gets me laughing each time I see it, please leave mama P alone to kontinu wherever she is.
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by eph123(f): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
linearity:

I understand your point, but you should know that we are follow-follow, we want to maintain accord with the world even when it is against our self interest.

I felt you will be happy that the US have helped us in righting this and align it with our self interest, despite the adverse action of our political leaders.

Yeah, that's the hallmark of a nation which doesn't know what it is doing.
Well, but if the US didn't? We would have been thoroughly shafted.
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by metallisc(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
eph123:

tongue

that meme gets me laughing each time I see it, please leave mama P alone to kontinu wherever she is.

she can never be left alone o, she is awa inspirational... under the umblerragrin grin grin
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by BeardedMeat(m): 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2017
CliffordOrji:
Spacebooker! Clifford orji the zombie flesh eater.
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by eph123(f): 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
metallisc:

she can never be left alone o, she is awa inspirational... under the umblerragrin grin grin

prinspa, na only you waka come!! grin
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Mayflowa(m): 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
metallisc:

no developed country is using coal power to their advantage, they are all being phased out gradually. Even new coal power contracts across the globe have been cancelled.

If I hear. To reduce coal emission is the goal of environmental activists. But who has the largest coal emissions and from which source? Developed and industrial countries. To generate tens of thousands of power, coal power is the cheapest way.

You should probably google the amount of coal generation in the world. Right now, Trump is trying to upturn Paris agreement Obama signed just so they can keep having coal generations.

For Nigeria that is in dire need of power, signing Paris agreement is a shot on the forehead in terms of power generation in this country. Na solar and wind Na you wan tey run industrial economy?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Mayflowa(m): 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
classicsuave:

When we are not in that position....we always think we can do better...its not easy carrying the responsibility of over 150million Nigerians! I think the best thing to do is to pray for our dear country...God should just guide our leaders into making the right decisions! Long Live PMB

What decision are u making when you cannot form choices. Decision's are made from available choices. Mtchewwweew

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
Mayflowa:

If I hear. To reduce coal emission is the goal of environmental activists. But who has the largest coal emissions and from which source? Developed and industrial countries. To generate tens of thousands of power, coal power is the cheapest way.

You should probably google the amount of coal generation in the world. Right now, Trump is trying to upturn Paris agreement Obama signed just so they can keep having coal generations.

For Nigeria that is in dire need of power, signing Paris agreement is a shot on the forehead in terms of power generation in this country. Na solar and wind Na you wan tey run industrial economy?

I wonder oh. A country like Nigeria that seriously needs massive and wide-scale industrialisation does not need to sign the CC's act. Japan that had the Fukushima crisis did not resort to solar when the power plant broke down because of the costs to the economy. Why should we sign such when as at 2012, it was reported that to generate 2,00MW through solar energy, it requires the size of Abuja. Nuclear power is the best - with better management.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
Swahili0:
grin grin
u a student of uniport?
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by bantudra: 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!.... shocked shocked shocked

chaii....forget industrialization in nigeria...

those moronns already polluted the earth and have electricity...we dont.....

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!.... shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by bantudra: 6:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
is this even the same buhari we voted in 2015??..

am not understanding?..

how can you sign something that will limit our power output...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by bantudra: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
Gerrard59:

I wonder oh. A country like Nigeria that seriously needs massive and wide-scale industrialisation does not need to sign the CC's act. Japan that had the Fukushima crisis did not resort to solar when the power plant broke down because of the costs to the economy. Why should we sign such when as at 2012, it was reported that to generate 2,00MW through solar energy, it requires the size of Abuja. Nuclear power is the best - with better management.

as if those moronns will let us build nuclear plants..they dont even allow you to have a steel plant talkless of nuclear plants...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by baralatie(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
haa
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by bantudra: 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
why wasnt a vote conducted under nigerians to see if we want it or not...??..

which type of rubbish democracy do we have sef...

this matter is too important to let only one person deceide...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by mencer(m): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
There's no reason why any African nation should sign the so called Paris Agreement
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by darkhorizon: 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
Mayflowa:

That is not the most dreadful implication. We would be denied access to coal power generation which most developed Nations hv and still use to their advantage.

exactly why i am also vexed
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Mayflowa(m): 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
darkhorizon:

exactly why i am also vexed

It's so unfortunate. Where are the public policy advisors. Do we know how to build a nation? I cry my heart for Nigeria.

While Trump unsigned Paris agreement today to boast their energy production, we got ourselves caged

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by cstr151: 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2017
Mayflowa:

It's so unfortunate. Where are the public policy advisors. Do we know how to build a nation? I cry my heart for Nigeria.

While Trump unsigned Paris agreement today to boast their energy production, we got ourselves caged
I am not a fan of trump, but the IQ difference between Trump and buhari may be in double-digits. That is how bad your buhari is.
Even a child knows that africa needs all the energy she can get.
This is the same buhari some called a nationalist in the mould of sankara cheesy. A direct example of furthering foreign interests at the expense of your own country.
To be fair though, he may actually not be smart enough to know the implications. In his mind he is doing what is best for Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by juman(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
cstr151:

I am not a fan of trump, but the IQ difference between Trump and buhari may be in double-digits. That is how bad your buhari is.
Even a child knows that africa needs all the energy she can get.
This is the same buhari some called a nationalist in the mould of sankara cheesy. A direct example of furthering foreign interests at the expense of your own country.
To be fair though, he may actually not be smart enough to know the implications. In his mind he is doing what is best for Nigeria.

@bolded
Buhari was never a nationalist.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
Does he even understand what he's signing undecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
classicsuave:

When we are not in that position....we always think we can do better...its not easy carrying the responsibility of over 150million Nigerians! I think the best thing to do is to pray for our dear country...God should just guide our leaders into making the right decisions! Long Live PMB
Another religious slowpoke spotted!
Which responsibility is he carrying? Where is he carrying it? On his head
Zoogerians!
Full of crappy compromise. They'll even compromise the water they drink undecided undecided
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by fergie001: 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
sonnie10:
Climate change and you still encourage nomadic grazing which is the major cause of desert encroachment.

Fulani herdsmen through open grazing have destroyed the natural vegetation up North. Who does not know that it is the little sprouts and shrubs which the cows feed on that become trees over years.

Signing climate change agreement in Paris won't change anything, there have to be paradigm shift. Stop destroying your forest. Trees have natural means of reducing co2.

It is not about moving to other reserves in other parts of the country. Eventually if not checked, grazing would destroy these places as well, which fulani heardsmen are killing to occupy.

Start the campaign against climate change by signing a bill against open grazing in Nigeria.
Does Buhari really think that Nigeria and Africa can really survive without coal?
Yes,I agree that the problems associated with coal production is heavy,but humour me, who will provide for the attendant expensive nature of renewables.In Africa?
They proclaim climate change but use their technological advancement to hurt us environment-wise and still want us to stop coal,to boost energy production and maybe use urine abi?
Obviously,he is still been Obamalized.
Well,u have offered him an advise to start with but will he listen?
Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by eph123(f): 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
gurunlocker:
Anytime I read say this man sign, I dey always fear....

cheesy

Because he is always signing rubbish. I really don't expect much from him in any case.
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by MrPresident1: 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3324063/hidden-true-meaning-global-climate/1

Nigeria officially signed over to satan the devil grin, congratulations to President Buhari and his globalist backers!

God is dead abi? You all will see His hand very soon cheesy
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
Climate change ko!
With no light or water in Nigeria?

Dead DAURA Dunce! kiss

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2017
bantudra:

as if those moronns will let us build nuclear plants..they dont even allow you to have a steel plant talkless of nuclear plants...

On the contrary, we're building nuclear power plants with the aid of the Russians even though I'd have preferred the French.

https://www.naij.com/1078902-nigeria-set-build-nuclear-power-plants.html
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 29, 2017
Of course climate will change. It doesn't need anybody's signature to do what it does best. So what is there to sign about it?

It is just a ruse to push the man-made Global Warming nonsense of the Climate Industrial Complex which "internet founder" Al Gore says its a "settled science." But everyday we hear new reports of data being doctored.

There have been ice ages in the past. No man. No car. No oil. Guess what.......wait for it........all the ice melted
Yet we are to believe that all of a sudden we are in control of how the climate works.

In the seventies they said it was a coming ice age. That New York will be under water before the turn of the century. Didn't happen
Then they changed it to global warming. But I haven't seen colder periods in my life.
Now they just use a generic term: Climate Change

And guess who the biggest loser is in this Global Warming scare: undeveloped nations like Nigeria. Make no mistake about it, fossil fuel is still the driver of industrialization. Sadly in Nigeria we cannot begin to talk of an Information Age yet. All developed nations still run on fossil fuels and they want Africa to take a back seat. If this is not colonialism I wonder what is.

And Buhari just signed up for it. Truly the pen is mightier than the guns... lipsrsealed
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 29, 2017
MrPresident1:
https://www.nairaland.com/3324063/hidden-true-meaning-global-climate/1

Nigeria officially signed over to satan the devil grin, congratulations to President Buhari and his globalist backers!

God is dead abi? You all will see His hand very soon cheesy
are you still alive?
Re: President Buhari Signs Paris Agreement On Climate Change (Photos) by bantudra: 11:24am On Mar 29, 2017
Gerrard59:

On the contrary, we're building nuclear power plants with the aid of the Russians even though I'd have preferred the French.

https://www.naij.com/1078902-nigeria-set-build-nuclear-power-plants.html

na so we started building steel plant over decades ago and its still not finished...any black that trust whites is a moronn...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Why I Built Chapel In Honour Of My Late Mother / IGP Baba Inspects Equipment Ahead Of 2023 Elections. / Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.