Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition (1047 Views)

Emeh James Anyalekwa: Justice Abang Orders EFCC, DSS To Arrest Igbere TV Boss / Justice Abang Okon Asks Maina To Stop Looking At Him / Justice Abang Returned Back To Abuja By Federal High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by kahal29: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2017
The National Judicial Council, NJC, has cleared Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja of any wrongdoing in his verdicts relating to the leadership crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The Council, in a letter dated March 15 and signed by its Secretary, Mr. Danladi Halilu, dismissed allegations of gross misconduct that was levelled against the Judge by the Senator Ahmed Makarfi-led action of the party.

The legal body said it found no merit in the petition the group lodged against Justice Abang.

It will be recalled that Justice Abang had on July 29, 2016, declared the Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee of the PDP illegal.

He held that the Committee was illegal considering that it was a product of a convention a faction of the party held in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on May 21, 2016, in defiance of a subsisting court order that was made by Justice Ibrahim Buba of the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court, which had stopped the said convention from holding.

Justice Abang went ahead and accorded recognition to the Senator Ali Modu Sheriff leadership of the party.

Meanwhile, dissatisfied with the decision of the court, Makarfi wrote a petition to the NJC dated August 25, 2016, in respect of suits Nos. FHC/ABJ/CS/439/2016 and FHC/ABH/CS/464/2016.

He accused Justice Abang of assuming appellate powers by overriding the decision of another court of the sa coordinate jurisdiction.

After due consideration of the petition, the NJC in its letter with reference number NJC/ F.3/FHC 44/VII/55 stated: “At the end of deliberations, the council found that your petition finds no merit as there was no sufficient material before the NJC to infer that the judge sat on appeal over the decision of his brother judge of coordinate jurisdiction.

“The appeal therefore lacked merit and is subsequently dismissed”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/pdp-crisis-njc-clears-justice-abang-wrongdoing-dismisses-markafis-petition/
Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by jamislaw(m): 10:36pm On Mar 28, 2017
PDP you better put your house together 2019 is around the corner.
Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by omenkaLives(m): 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
I read a tweet from PDP just yesterday saying "APC is a confused party that lacks direvtion" and I couldn't stop LMAO!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by yarimo(m): 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
I am Waiting patiently on top of mango tree in SAMBISA FOREST, for MAKARFI Faction to blame BUHARI and APC for this judgment cheesy

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
I can see the hand of APC and Sheriff in this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by Firefire(m): 4:28am On Mar 29, 2017
PDP is DEAD and nothing can bring it back to life.

Adieu PDP, party of clueless rogues and career looters.
Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by profhezekiah: 4:46am On Mar 29, 2017
waooh buhari is just getting victory over pdp

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by madridguy(m): 4:56am On Mar 29, 2017
PDP members should start doing FIDAU prayer for their dead party and stop disturbing our ears. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by ybalogs(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2017
jamislaw:
PDP you better put your house together 2019 is around the corner.
PDP is a new party already.
Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by ybalogs(m): 7:12am On Mar 29, 2017
Who will PDP even field as their presidential candidate if they manage to get themselves before 2019?
GEJ again? I doubt that?
Fayose. ? He's about their most popular and most liked in divided PDP right now.
can't even think of any other person.
PDP is technically dead.
Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by muyibaba222(m): 7:21am On Mar 29, 2017
we all know this........ Justice Abang is the a fearless Judge. He delivers judgment based on evidence.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by kahal29: 8:25am On Mar 29, 2017
muyibaba222:
we all know this........ Justice Abang is the a fearless Judge. He delivers judgment based on evidence.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by babyfaceafrica: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2017
Lolz..the fearless abang

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by Nebuchadnezar: 8:34am On Mar 29, 2017
omenkaLives:
I read a tweet from PDP just yesterday saying "APC is a confused party that lacks direvtion" and I couldn't stop LMAO!
Omenkalives my guy
reply me ASAP grin
Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by PRYCE(m): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2017
INjustice Abang is an embarrassment to his profession!
Re: PDP Crisis: NJC Clears Justice Abang Of Wrongdoing, Dismisses Markafi’s Petition by Goke7: 9:31am On Mar 29, 2017
PDP should just pray that abang does not preside over any of their case again, na die be that o grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Beg Buhari To Contest In 2019 Even If Decides Not – Momoh / Ipob Destroyed The Hope Of Biafra / Beautiful Photo Of Mrs Aisha Buhari And Mrs Dolapo Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.