Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom (22007 Views)

Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter / COVID-19: Osanebi Donates N10M, Truck Of Rice, 600 Cartons Of Noodles, Others / How I Paid $30,000 Into Onnoghen’s Domiciliary Account, Agi Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by curtisaxel(m): 10:01am On Mar 29, 2017
I weep!
These murderous dogs come to your state pillaging, burning, looting, raping and maiming your people.....
And all a sitting governor can do is to bribe them with our scarce resources....
ITS OFFICIAL! THE HERDSMEN ARE OFFICIALLY THE OVERLORDS OF NIGERIA
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Balkan(m): 10:06am On Mar 29, 2017
Ortom is a complete Orangutan. A chimp
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Adebowale89(m): 10:40am On Mar 29, 2017
with a good point I have read from him so far, I say good move but paying this herdsmen entitlement or whatever they called it, is uncalled for

how can herdsmen attack the people of my state as a CSO and I will now be paying them for compensation or what exactly

sometimes u need a rugged&rough governor like fayose to handle dis kind of social problem. his anti-maalu officers shut the herdsmen off in ekiti state cheesy
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by stieyven(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2017
mykelmeezy:
bastard excuse of a governor

APC are mad
BMC are mad
herdsmen are mad
he who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5:22
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by AreaFada2: 11:04am On Mar 29, 2017
mmsen:

I wonder why the people in the Middle Belt are so reluctant to call a spade a spade.

They like to play politics of diplomacy with the domineering core Northerners.

In the end they become their own worst enemies, unable to be trusted by the South, and seen as subordinates by core North.

Their matter complex fa.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by CellTabRepairs: 11:12am On Mar 29, 2017
Asked about herdsmen he is talking about Gana the militant. Stewpid

March don end o. You still de apply and wait? Na so you go de dey till 2017 go just waka fiam for your eyes, no income?

Oya Click My Name & View That Resource You Might Need and Earn Huge Cash Returns Very Quickly!
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by giles14(m): 11:15am On Mar 29, 2017
Obere4u:

Same thing Obiano did and peace reign between the herdsmen and the community.
https://www.nairaland.com/3710280/herdsmen-raping-wives-children-anambra plus retrack ur statement.
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Charly68: 11:26am On Mar 29, 2017
For God's sake where did we get all this clueless people in Govt? Promoting criminality directly or indirectly ..should all now carry arms so that we can be paid ransom? Where are wen going my people .
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Obere4u: 11:28am On Mar 29, 2017
giles14:
https://www.nairaland.com/3710280/herdsmen-raping-wives-children-anambra plus retrack ur statement.
I know someone will point to this news

What are the names of the communities involved?
No denying if it happened or not but the truth is the news lacked credibility.
Am in Anambra and nothing about herdsmen have been said in the local news.
15 communities without name and the communities are silent.
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Obere4u: 11:32am On Mar 29, 2017
Those of criticising the Governor, what will you do that will bring peace which the governor isn't doing?
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by tifany89(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2017
DickDastardly:
How do one cring anothers neck in their absence? I hate oafs like this depleting oxygen meant for living things. This appology of an imp is now officially a gubernatorial anormally. Benue people, we deeply sorry for the pitiable situation you lot have found yourselves.
Btw, Omenka is not from Benue. He is a full blooded Yoruba muslim guy masquerading as anything to fulfill the propaganda vision and mission of his puppeteers. Do not be naive and deceived into the kindergaten thinking that he is from Benue. I bet he guffows at the sillility of those he is able to convince with his gimmicks. He is not different from many others here, solely employed to distort truth with any diversionary means possible while propagating the idealogy and agenda of their principalities in temporary authority.
Spot on Bro. I have always have my reservations about dat DG BMC coz dere z no way someone from Benue will act like dat n he has never for once sympathised with them or said anything in their favour. He mocks them n anybody oppose to his paymasters. Surely he must have sold his soul to the devil
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 29, 2017
mykelmeezy:
bastard excuse of a governor

APC are mad
BMC are mad
herdsmen are mad
everyone of them is mad
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Akinz0126(m): 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
As usua"we aree ontop Of the situation"until a complete local government is wiped Out

Benue . Peepz na lyk diz una go dey dey?
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by haykes(m): 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
This fool will sell his people finish 4 buhari family omo ode
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by mykelmeezy: 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
stieyven:

he who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5:22

n a leader who watches his sheep gets murdered unnecessarily is in direction of heaven abi

1 Like

Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by BetaThings: 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
DickDastardly:
How do one cring anothers neck in their absence? I hate oafs like this depleting oxygen meant for living things. This appology of an imp is now officially a gubernatorial anormally. Benue people, we deeply sorry for the pitiable situation you lot have found yourselves.
Btw, Omenka is not from Benue. He is a full blooded Yoruba muslim guy masquerading as anything to fulfill the propaganda vision and mission of his puppeteers. Do not be naive and deceived into the kindergaten thinking that he is from Benue. I bet he guffows at the sillility of those he is able to convince with his gimmicks. He is not different from many others here, solely employed to distort truth with any diversionary means possible while propagating the idealogy and agenda of their principalities in temporary authority.

tifany89:

Spot on Bro. I have always have my reservations about dat DG BMC coz dere z no way someone from Benue will act like dat n he has never for once sympathised with them or said anything in their favour. He mocks them n anybody oppose to his paymasters. Surely he must have sold his soul to the devil

Are Tiv from Benue or not?
Why don't you challenge him to a chat in Tiv language?

And what is wrong in being a Muslim, Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani

The hypocrisy of Christians takes you guys out of your faith - you judge and criticise all the time; you bear false witness

omenkaLives:
Kwagh shun nyior mo yõ je gande! angry

omenkaLives:
Kpev.

omenkaLives:
Tor "queue". grin grin
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Fourwinds: 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Jessestunch:
How was this guy voted in by Omenka and his brothers? He looks dull, sounds dull and acts dull.. Even a mad man knows you can't compare the isolated political killings in Rivers State to the ethnic cleansing that is happening in Benue and the fool has the guts to say Benue people are with him, same people you haven't paid for months now... They are not even crying for money now, just protect them so they can't sleep with both eyes closed and you are here saying rubbish.
infact Benue state governor is the most stupid governor in the country presently
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Fourwinds: 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
Obere4u:
Those of criticising the Governor, what will you do that will bring peace which the governor isn't doing?
are u in this country at all...?

go and find out what Fayose did in Ekiti state
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Obere4u: 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fourwinds:
are u in this country at all...?

go and find out what Fayose did in Ekiti state
I didn't ask you what Fayose did but what will you do? And who told you that there are no herdsmen in Ekiti?
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Fourwinds: 2:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
curtisaxel:
I weep!
These murderous dogs come to your state pillaging, burning, looting, raping and maiming your people.....
And all a sitting governor can do is to bribe them with our scarce resources....
ITS OFFICIAL! THE HERDSMEN ARE OFFICIALLY THE OVERLORDS OF NIGERIA
pls I hate d word overlords of Nigeria...

no one can be overlord over where I come from....it better to go d way of Spartacus than live
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Fourwinds: 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Obere4u:

I didn't ask you what Fayose did but what will you do?
And who told you that there are no herdsmen in Ekiti?
just imagine ur responds...what Fayose did., did it work for the people of Ekiti.? if yes y won't I do the same...

is it not what work that people copy.? so if a farmer apply fertilizer in ur area and it works well for his crop...all u do is to be travelling from north to south and east to west looking for what will work for u.?

no wonder Lagos state Is better manage than Nigeria...travel go abroad go ask Oyinbo questions
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by oluwadubem: 3:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Obere4u:

Same thing Obiano did and peace reign between the herdsmen and the community.

Manny what obiano nd what this governor did is not dsame,obiano settled both the community and the herdsmen,but this governor only settled de herdsmen which is not owk,what about the life/damages herdsmen has cause to the community so is not worthy to b compensate,is a pity that in a country animal re more valuable than human...

Is a pity that stuff like this happen nd our governors use our life to play politics,stuff like this will happen nd some governors will go there nd start crying/while some apply to pray nd thing keep going worst day by day,in some occasion like this the only governor I respect much is(fayose)nd my best governor in this era sofar......pm dr

#peace#
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Mrlouis: 4:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Integrityfarms:
You paid herdsmen #10m, how much have you paid to their victims?

The worst governor in the history of Nigeria. A coward and very balless. A disgrace to the entire people of Benue.
That Governor is so daft..even the indigenes of the state are daft too..especially the TIV's...their roads are bad, nothing is moving on there..all at a stand still...they have this hatred and jealousy towards non-indegenes who are progressing since they themselves (very much) have refused to exploit the resources in the land...they prefer to drink and pursue women.. For me, its like d place is cursed...
They (the TIV's) are all satisfied with the poor standard of living they are experiencing..if they weren't, they would have sit up by now..arrant nonsense..

Quote me and be visited by herdsmen tonight
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Jessestunch:

Read again... This time slowly.. And make sure you read to understand.. And not to comment

Some of them have so much hatred that it completely block the logical part of their brains.
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
eph123:
ItsMeAboki, your attention is needed here, or these claims are also fictitious?

Noted, though I am sure with a one sided perspective like yours; you probably would see the wisdom of the governor.

FYI, the Fulani/farmer clashes has been with us for as long as herders and farmers existed; nobody is denying this fact; nor is the problem limited to certain geographical location but throughout this country and beyond.
The difference is how the various communities it affects perceive and manage the problem.

Unfortunately, ppl like you are being encouraged to view it as an ethnic/tribal/religious and regional problem rather than a truly economic issue involving a basic conflict over land; land for grazing vs land for farming; between nomadic herdsmen and local farmers - which happens all the time, almost everywhere in the north and some places in the south; which is latterly also being given political and other colorations by a lazy biased media and through some irresponsible utterances from local champions who thrive on fanning the embers of mistrust and disunity among Nigerians.
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by eph123(f): 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Noted, though I am sure with a one sided perspective like yours; you probably would see the wisdom of the governor.

FYI, the Fulani/farmer clashes has been with us for as long as herders and farmers existed; nobody is denying this fact; nor is the problem limited to certain geographical location but throughout this country and beyond.
The difference is how the various communities it affects perceive and manage the problem.

Unfortunately, ppl like you are being encouraged to view it as an ethnic/tribal/religious and regional problem rather than a truly economic issue involving a basic conflict over land; land for grazing vs land for farming; between nomadic herdsmen and local farmers - which happens all the time, almost everywhere in the north and some places in the south; which is latterly also being given political and other colorations by a lazy biased media and through some irresponsible utterances from local champions who thrive on fanning the embers of mistrust and disunity among Nigerians.

Get over yourself and stop taking things personally. No one has a grudge with Hausas or fulanis, but we all have a problem with their killings and wanton destruction. I would say exactly the same thing if it was any other tribe doing what they are doing.

It is obvious you are the one with a bias.
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by Jessestunch: 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Will you shut up ...so when are Fulanis going to start paying for all the crops and lives they destroy..The Fulani used threat of terrorism to force a sitting governor to pay them ..Why cant the Fulani report their case to the police and wait for the law to take its course like the rest of us do ..Paying Fulanis money to prevent attack is tantamount to funding anarchy , do you the thpink other tribes are not taking a cue from from this? And in the future when every tribe starts demanding from compensation or they go on reprisal do you think Nigeria will be governable

Many are mad but few are roaming the streets.. Are you sure you are normal for quoting me or this was just a mistake? Did I say anything about supporting the foolish governor for paying fulanis?
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by felaismyhero(m): 7:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Jessestunch:
How was this guy voted in by Omenka and his brothers? He looks dull, sounds dull and acts dull.. Even a mad man knows you can't compare the isolated political killings in Rivers State to the ethnic cleansing that is happening in Benue and the fool has the guts to say Benue people are with him, same people you haven't paid for months now... They are not even crying for money now, just protect them so they can't sleep with both eyes closed and you are here saying rubbish.
pls,is this how dull and gullible benue people are,if yes,that explains their enslavement to the fulanis,this guvnor is just too dumb,dull,and foolish,i pity benue people.can u imagine d idiot wants ranching!,tho i hate wike nd fashola,but am wit dem against ranching.ha,dis fulanis don dey takeover o,all dey need is stupid guvnors like dis ortom,d fool is making me cry
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by joechingo: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Injustice in Nigeria at it peak

The fulanis have been compensated with #10m

While the victims are yet to be compensated and rendered homeless.

In Ife the woman that was slapped that resulted to the crisis have been arrested in Ibadan and is in police custody in Abuja

While the man who slapped her is yet to be arrested

not minding the one sided arrested in Ife case.

God is watching.
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:13am On Mar 30, 2017
eph123:

Get over yourself and stop taking things personally. No one has a grudge with Hausas or fulanis, but we all have a problem with their killings and wanton destruction. I would say exactly the same thing if it was any other tribe doing what they are doing.

It is obvious you are the one with a bias.

Abeg, shut up; after having made myself quite clear, you continue spamming me about alleged Fulani herdsmen killings as if I had been denying that such incidences do not occur - all I had said was that some of the stories (keyword being SOME) were being exaggerated/distorted and sometimes blatant lies, citing examples of the alleged recent Zaki-Biam market killings and the Maikori's phantom southern Kaduna lies (for which he is being prosecuted).
Abeg, get a life angry
Re: Why I Paid Herdsman N10m – Ortom by eph123(f): 8:34am On Mar 30, 2017
[s]
ItsMeAboki:

Abeg, shut up; after having made myself quite clear, you continue spamming me about alleged Fulani herdsmen killings as if I had been denying that such incidences do not occur - all I had said was that some of the stories (keyword being SOME) were being exaggerated/distorted and sometimes blatant lies, citing examples of the alleged recent Zaki-Biam market killings and the Maikori's phantom southern Kaduna lies (for which he is being prosecuted).
Abeg, get a life angry
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Babafemi Ojudu Withdraws From Ekiti State APC Primary (Photos) / Pyrates Confraternity Calls For Emergence Of New Nation Builders In Nigeria / Ajimobi’s Wife Arrested In The UK For Money Laundering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.