Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,381 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

- Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - (2004 Views)

Funny Similarities Between Nigerian Boyfriends And Nigerian Politicians / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / 8 Football Clubs Representation Of Nigerian Boyfriends. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

- Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nigerians make life uneasy for them. How on earth did it become a norm for girls to depend on their boyfriends for financial help? You need your hair made and you called your boyfriend? What nonsense! The silly idiot on the other hand won't just send the money to you, he might even come down to your house just to pick you up for the hairdressing. What are we thinking?
He hasn't proposed to you yet but he's already treating you like a wife and as the fool that you're, you cook and wash his clothes! Do you really have brains? Don't you watch foreign movies? Don't you care to learn?
A typical American girl won't ask his boyfriend for money to make her hair. She will just do it! If she needs money, she gets a job or ask her parents! A boyfriend is just a friend, not a caretaker, not a husband, not an employer. Don't you see it in American, Indian, Philippines movies? Boys are only responsible for your safety while on a date! In Nigeria, we do everything wrongly. Gosh!

8 Likes

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Divay22(f): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Modified

So you want to tell me now You ain't doing all the things you listed for your bae .....

1 Like

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by niyihawking(m): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Another one.......DJ OP!!!!
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by LarryBeryl(m): 3:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Divay22:
Modified

So you want to tell me now You ain't doing all the things you listed for your bae .....

Don't you notice he's fed up ni? He's right tho

2 Likes

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
BS
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
Divay22:
Modified

I won't dare to try it.
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Divay22(f): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
LarryBeryl:

Don't you notice he's fed up ni? He's right tho
grin grin ;DHe is
He might be right though But that's why we call it LOVE.....

Make all the brothers come defend themselves abeg cheesy cheesy
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by peter0071(m): 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
abeg..i dey Gambia....
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Divay22(f): 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
MasterJoe:

I won't dare to try it.
you never see girl way you like na make am,because the one way you go do na go plenty pass grin grin
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by LarryBeryl(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
Divay22:

grin grin ;DHe is
He might be right though But that's why we call it LOVE.....

Make all the brothers come defend themselves abeg cheesy cheesy

Love.. Love is not when the girl take hair making the responsibility of the guy.
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
peter0071:
abeg..i dey Gambia....

No vex. Do dey come back...
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
LarryBeryl:

Love.. Love is not when the girl take hair making the responsibility of the guy.

You're thinking straight friend!
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
hmmm. h..mm
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by LarryBeryl(m): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
MasterJoe:

You're thinking straight friend!

I'm a guy with dick and role to play as a boyfriend... Their altitude is the reason why I do less..... If they are too happy na wahala, if they are a bit sad na problem but sha, Nigerian babes in relationship take relationships more seriously than life itself.
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
Its obvious Op hasnt fallen in love.
If you eventually do, You would do anything to keep her by your side.
Relationship is give and take. nothing wrong in giving your woman a good treat.
Its just poverty mentality thats some guy's problem.
Rich guys dont bother about all this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by LordZero(m): 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
Movies huh?

I don't buy the idea of boyfriends turning into caretaker/parents or using money to impress/hold down a girl and those movies you cited are doing more harm than good by trying to give us the "ideal/standard relationship".
Is it not in the same movies that a boy will be chasing a girl around with flowers and dates without the girl reciprocating his love?
Is it not in the same movies that dudes worship their crush?
Is it not in those movies that the sole purpose of some of the male characters on this planet is to gain the love of one girl somewhere?
Is it not movies that are promoting the idea of special someone waiting somewhere? e.t.c

If a girl is turning you to a provider without anything to offer apart from her body, use your brain and do tge needful..
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Divay22(f): 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
LarryBeryl:

You don't start what you can't bring to a good end or smell what you can't eat......

You tell her right from the start of the relationship Her hair making is not your responsibility But you'll assist her sometimes,it is not an obligation but optional same for other things...

So you started it and continue you will.
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by dadabashua1(m): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
Maychang:

do the rich girls wait on guys to make their hair?so its a two way thing then...lolz

3 Likes

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Frolic: 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
You are quite not so right about this.

We live in different societies from those you are here comparing our girls with and our norms and culture are not that convergent when it comes to things like who plays what role in a relationship. So, if you're broke , know within you your not yet matured enough for commitment. Just mess around if you must and dont catch feelings and you wont have anything up ur medulla to worry about wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by LarryBeryl(m): 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Divay22:
You don't start what you can't bring to a good end or smell what you can't eat......

You tell her right from the start of the relationship Her hair making is not your responsibility But you'll assist her sometimes,it is not an obligation but optional same for other things...

So you started it and continue you will.

Boyfriends are meant for assistance... Like Fabregas assist Costa!! grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
uzoclinton:
hmmm. h..mm

Hmmm for good or Hmmm for bad?
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
Maychang:

undecided

Asking women to stop being so damn dependent on men and actually show some financial intelligence is poverty mentality

This is why Femnism is still a dream in Nigeria undecided

3 Likes

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Divay22(f): 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
LarryBeryl:

Boyfriends are meant for assistance... Like Fabregas assist Costa!! grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin ;DYes She's your bae na,so you can assist
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Frolic:
You are quite not so right about this.

We live in different societies from those you are here comparing our girls with and our norms and culture are not that convergent when it comes to things like who plays what role in a relationship. So, if you're broke , know within you your not yet matured enough for commitment. Just mess around if you must and dont catch feelings and you wont have anything up ur medulla to worry about wink
Read the post keenly and filter the central theme. You see, the apple of discord here is on 'dependency'. if you observe keenly, you will see that I never did generalized anything. The apple of discord was leveled on the degree in which Nigerian girls lay bare their responsibilities and obligations to a guy who opted to befriend them. I mean, it's on the high side. I'm sure you know what I mean.
As much as our girls can learn a thing or two from the whites, they too can admire and follow a standard we've established. It's all about striking the balance. But I think, our girls having some level of independence joined with their cultural and religious premises, will make them feel more better.
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by LarryBeryl(m): 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
Divay22:
grin grin ;DYes She's your bae na,so you can assist

Yap, but do you know why most relationship fail? Too much expectation from the side of the ladies. Stop watching telemundo and Indian movies. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Divay22(f): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2017
LarryBeryl:

Yap, but do you know why most relationship fail? Too much expectation from the side of the ladies. Stop watching telemundo and Indian movies. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol....I'm really not a movie freak and even if i do watch sometimes when i come across it I realize they are just acting and i don't take it serious......

Just treat her the way you want someone else to treat your sister or your daughter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
LordZero:
Movies huh?

I don't buy the idea of boyfriends turning into caretaker/parents or using money to impress/hold down a girl and those movies you cited are doing more harm than good by trying to give us the "ideal/standard relationship".
Is it not in the same movies that a boy will be chasing a girl around with flowers and dates without the girl reciprocating his love?
Is it not in the same movies that dudes worship their crush?
Is it not in those movies that the sole purpose of some of the male characters on this planet is to gain the love of one girl somewhere?
Is it not movies that are promoting the idea of special someone waiting somewhere? e.t.c

If a girl is turning you to a provider without anything to offer apart from her body, use your brain and do tge needful..

Your first observation and submission depicts that you have a better grasp of the subject.
Now, telling me if those movies I highlighted are more bad than good is not really the bone of contention. Of course, virtually everything has it pros and cons. Mind you, we're not out for a debate competition or else it will be an endless ding dong battle between the positive and negative effects of those movies.
Sir, If you watch closely, you would noticed that I did not generalized or make those movies a standard or yardstick to follow intoto. I was only concerned and enthralled by the dependency nature the female whites depicts in their movies. At least, in this aspect, we can learn one or two thing. There's no big deal in this.
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by LarryBeryl(m): 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
Divay22:
Lol....I'm really not a movie freak and even if i do watch sometimes when i come across it I realize they are just acting and i don't take it serious......

Just treat her the way you want someone else to treat your sister or your daughter

Lol, that's why I don't start what I can't finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by peter0071(m): 4:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
MasterJoe:

No vex. Do dey come back...
I must come back ooo.... lols
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
Maychang:

Sorry bro. You missed it bro. Have you ever imagined a situation where every guy wants to marry a girl that is self-independent and empowered. You know what that means right.

Look, no one is saying that a guy should not take adequate care of his girl. Hell no. But doesn't it ring a bell in your ears, when ladies lay bare their every problems to a boyfriend who isn't even their husband? Come on man!
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
MasterJoe:

Sorry bro. You missed it bro. Have you ever imagined a situation where every guy wants to marry a girl that is self-independent and empowered. You know what that means right.

Look, no one is saying that a guy should not take adequate care of his girl. Hell no. But doesn't it ring a bell in your ears, when ladies lay bare their every problems to a boyfriend who isn't even their husband? Come on man!

I aint no bro..dude! Dont y'all see the "f" icon?

Did you miss the part i mentioned that Relationship is mutual?
Re: - Silly Nigerian Boyfriends!!! - by MasterJoe(m): 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
Maychang:

Look, no one is saying that a guy should not take adequate care of his girl. Hell no. But doesn't it ring a bell in your ears, when ladies lay bare their every problems to a boyfriend who isn't even their husband? Come on man! Or do you want it to become an issue similar to the Bible where ladies have to cast all their burdens upon their boyfriends because he cares for them. Hehe!

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Sex, Romance Or Kiss" Which One Do You Prefer? / Describe Your Ideal Wife/husband / I Am In Love With My Girlfriend Younger Sister What Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.