Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (23515 Views)

2023: Why North Will Give Amaechi Ticket To Settle Igbo Agitation / The Prophesy Of NOSTRADAM Concerning BIAFRA / My Solemn Quoted Messages To FG Concerning Biafra:unity Is Not Uniformity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fx55:
You lie!

Mathias why are you so bitter? Igbos gave Jonathan unconditional love and support. I was almost moved to tears the day Jonathan came to Aba. People had to climb rooftops just to get a glimpse. Even Jonathan had to come down from his vehicle, walk down the road on foot and exchange handshakes with thousands of excited and jubilant supporters that lined the streets to receive him.

Do you know that many people(including myself) shed tears when Jonathan conceded defeat to Buhari? Please say what you know and don't be blinded by hate.

Bitter?

I'm far from being bitter.

If you say you love GEJ, so be it. I didn't love him, never liked him. He lost in my pooling unit and my local government.

GEJ has nothing to do with the issues I have raised in any way. Let's not derail this thread.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
Efewestern:
frathermathy I don't expect you to exchange word with these people, this thread is uncalled for, not every nonsense you reply, We know our stance, so leave them alone, they should keep deceiving themselves, No referendum will be conducted, if any should be conducted it will be in Delta North , we have no issue with that. stop engaging yourself with these people. please and please.

P's: I asked you something earlier, can you provide me with such info, about uvwie local government, since you are the only scholar I know here.

I'm not exchanging words with them. If you take note, I ignore them once they go out of point as they usually do.

I had to post this thread upon request and it was a calculated move. Normally, I would ignore the Biafran agitators because we know where we stand but this thread is actually something of a "test" or an "experiment" to some of us in Urhobo People's Forum group, a well thought out and calculated move.

I don't bring myself to their level at all!!! I only engage those who reason with the head, not their sentiments. You know sometimes, when you ignore them in their foolery, they think you have conceded. Every once in a while, you remind them & all of posterity that this is our stand. It has never been in doubt nor would it ever be.

Please I must have missed your question in the midst of the many mentions I've gotten. I'll search for it but please kindly repost here or pm me.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
@fratermathy

After skimming through your op, I realised that this thread was not created for intelligent discourse. In one breath you criticise the Biafra campaigners for not using logic and reason in their arguments but in your next post, you go on to claim that less than 1% of people from the South-South want to leave Nigeria based on no real evidence at all. Does that sound like a logical argument to you? Start as you mean to go on...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by daveson2020(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Well all these big big grammars and baised analysis are rubbish, there is nothing to talk here let the federal government conduct a referendum where people will vote for what they want. #this writer must be an Afonja undecidedw

6 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:
@fratermathy

After skimming through your op, I realised that this thread was not created for intelligent discourse. In one breath you criticise the Biafra campaigners for not using logic and reason in their arguments but in your next post, you go on to claim that less than 1% of people from the South-South want to leave Nigeria based on no real evidence at all. Does that sound like a logical argument to you? Start as you mean to go on...

Okay.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
daveson2020:
Well all these big big grammars and baised analysis are rubbish, there is nothing to talk here let the federal government conduct a referendum where people will vote for what they want. #this writer must be an Afonja undecidedw

An Afonja, I am! Urhobos & Itsekiris are Afonjas after all. I wonder why you want Afonjas in your Biafra?

Your logic frightens me!

Take your referendum to Delta North and Rivers Igbo.. We don't have any identity crisis whatsoever. We are not Igbos, we are not Biafrans.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Okay.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts about you smiley.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Noted.

But this still doesn't prove anything or rationalises why you'd want diverse tribes in a new nation. Urhobos-Isokos are Edoid, Itsekiri is Yoruboid, Ibibio-Efik has nothing to do with the aforementioned groups, Ogoni and Ijaw are distant and have nothing to do with Igbo!

Why would you create a mini Nigeria and call it the promised land?

I don't get the logic at all.
You are hundred percent right. Anybody agitating for a Biafra with the aforementioned group is an idiot. Only Igboid country is the way forward.

8 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by pazienza(m): 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Same Shit, New toilet. Ana emenu!

Mr Fratermarthy, which Igbo man provoke you recently as to elicit this thread from you? Is our Igbo daughter from Asaba no longer treating you right? Has she broken your heart?

7 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
pazienza:
Same Shit, New toilet. Ana emenu!

Mr Fratermarthy, which Igbo man provoke you recently as to elicit this thread from you? Is our Igbo daughter from Asaba no longer treating you right? Has she broken your heart?

Noted.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

Thank you for confirming my thoughts about you smiley.

You are welcome!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 8:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
blues20:

You are hundred percent right. Anybody agitating for a Biafra with the aforementioned group is an idiot. Only Igboid country is the way forward.

My wish is that, should they accept a referendum, the non-Igbo groups choose to stay with Nigeria or form their own nation. That way, we won't have to deal with anti-Igbo sentiments in our new country. I don't understand why the op brought this up here as many of the staunch pro-Biafra Igbos on Nairaland do not want his people in our country. I've heard of some wanting Ibibio and Efik but not Urhobo. I'm happy to be proven wrong though undecided.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by hammerF: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
From Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Ika, are all Biafra territory.

Bayelsa, parts of Delta, Edo and parts of Kogi/Benue will face a referndum.

For peace to reign.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

You are welcome!

Have a good evening.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Emycord: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Like I've always maintained, you can't force yourself on people who say they don't want. You say you want self determination. Don't you think the minorities in the south deserve same?

No minority has asked for a referendum. Prove me otherwise with proof. Do you want to force referendum on dissenting tribes? You want a referendum in Urhobo but not in Edo. You want in Itsekiri but not in Yoruba. You don't like Yorubas but like Itsekiri. You don't like Edos but like Urhobos.

Heaven please!
hatred is a human thing allow us to express our emotions, for nigeria has so dealt with us to the point of hurtfull hate. Igbo agitations did not start today in fact zik the great zik of africa started it in 1949 if you happen to have read his secession speech, you know how britain has dealth with the igbo and continued by nigeria. You dont beat a child and stop him for crying Hate begets hate. If 1% of ss want biafra will you go ahead and deny them? Is it democratic?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

My wish is that, should they accept a referendum, the non-Igbo groups choose to stay with Nigeria or form their own nation. That way, we won't have to deal with anti-Igbo sentiments in our new country. I don't understand why the op brought this up here as many of the staunch pro-Biafra Igbos on Nairaland do not want his people in our country. I've heard of some wanting Ibibio and Efik but not Urhobo. I'm happy to be proven wrong though undecided.

You are proven wrong!

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Emycord:
hatred is a human thing allow us to express our emotions, for nigeria has so dealt with us to the point of hurtfull hate. Igbo agitations did not start today in fact zik the great zik of africa started it in 1949 if you happen to have read his secession speech, you know how britain has dealth with the igbo and continued by nigeria. You dont beat a child and stop him for crying Hate begets hate. If 1% of ss want biafra will you go ahead and deny them? Is it democratic?

1% can always migrate to Biafra if they want. No problem whatsoever. I have no grievance with the Biafran project.

Every ethnic group has a right to determine its destiny. The Igbo should respect those of the ethnic minorities.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Efewestern: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

I'm not exchanging words with them. If you take note, I ignore them once they go out of point as they usually do.

I had to post this thread upon request and it was a calculated move. Normally, I would ignore the Biafran agitators because we know where we stand but this thread is actually something of a "test" or an "experiment" to some of us in Urhobo People's Forum group, a well thought out and calculated move.

I don't bring myself to their level at all!!! I only engage those who reason with the head, not their sentiments. You know sometimes, when you ignore them in their foolery, they think you have conceded. Every once in a while, you remind them & all of posterity that this is our stand. It has never been in doubt nor would it ever be.

Please I must have missed your question in the midst of the many mentions I've gotten. I'll search for it but please kindly repost here or pm me.

I understand you, but how do you expect me to exchange word with some that hasn't left his tiny village before arguing with me about my land and my people.. I just feel the best treatment is silence, let's just pretend we are not seeing anything , you raised some valid point but no one could counter you. all they do is insult upon insult, and you expect me to argue with these set of beings, nah, never.

We know our land, and our goals, no stranger will tell us what to do or when to conduct any stupid referendum whatsoever because we never asked for it, we have our goals, they have there's, fight yours let us fight ours, simple as ABC, I will just advice you forget about this issue, pretend like you are seeing nothing, they are just delusional.

about my question, am working on a project and I want to know the total number of schools in uvwie and also the total number of students.. don't know if you can provide me with such info since you are the only scholar I know here. I would have gone to get it myself, but am not in town.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Emycord: 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

Like I've always maintained, you can't force yourself on people who say they don't want. You say you want self determination. Don't you think the minorities in the south deserve same?

No minority has asked for a referendum. Prove me otherwise with proof. Do you want to force referendum on dissenting tribes? You want a referendum in Urhobo but not in Edo. You want in Itsekiri but not in Yoruba. You don't like Yorubas but like Itsekiri. You don't like Edos but like Urhobos.
are you the orignal owner of this essay? Cos it seems i've seen this write up elsewhere. It seems ur not sincere in this thread you just did it as a kind o ridicule against igbo ur subsequent post betrays ur intentions. Like you rightly mentioned we do not wish for a Lugards experiment but then. We believe our cousins should be with us but if they say no we wont try to convince them why do you not want a ref for them south Cameroun had a ref and opt for cameroun giv the minorities too

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by hammerF: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
Referendum is nothing to fear, it is democratic and result binding. We will conduct referendum, the voice of the people is the voice of God and everybody will respect the result.

Nobody will bully any people into any Country, whether ur a member of that tribe or not. They will observe due process, the troubled ones will be dealt with accordingly within the ambit of the law.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by pazienza(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
"All my great grand Mothers except one were Igbos.
The ancestral stool I occupy today...Edi Abali was
founded by an Igboman from Abom in Abam in
1782"~ Asari Dokubo.

Fratermarthy, how can you say Igbos have nothing in common with Ijaws? Maybe today our political leanings due to Nigerian factors had changed alot of things, but we still have shared history that is resonated in Bonny, Opobo and even in Kalabari and Okrika.
Doesn't that count?

As for Ogonis, the Ndoki Igbos in Oyigbo LGA of Rivers state had been sharing boundaries with Ogonis of Tai LGA, they had lived side by side to each other for over a century now.
Surely they have shared boundaries if nothing else in common, and I'm sure that intermarriages between the two must have predated colonial Nigeria.

So, my dear Fratermarthy, rethink your stance on these issues. Don't let misguided prejudice against Ndiigbo blind you.

Peace.

10 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by OreMI22: 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
@ Op, which urhobo or Isoko are you?

AFONJA claiming Urhobo, Ijaw or Efik from 1900. grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

You are proven wrong!

I said that you don't like to read posts properly; you denied it yet you keep proving me right undecided.

Read carefully this time:

Now, explain to me how what you posted is related to what I said above.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Emycord: 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:

1% can always migrate to Biafra if they want no problem whatsoever. I have no grievance with the Biafran project.

Every ethnic group has a right to determine its destiny. The Igbo should respect those of the ethnic minorities.
dont be ridiculous migrate and leave thier homeland for who you? Or nigeria? God forbid whoever joins biafra does so with his or her complete conscience and consent. And will leave with all his props natural or acquired. Biafra is non-compulsive like nigeria a forcefull entity if only africa can dismantle all its colonial states and allow people to form thier own alliances imagine the kind of peace and prosperity that will visit africa . Rather than this brotherly strife that has been our lot while pleasing our colonial masters to thier benefit and our further economic subjugation. As much as these artificiall boundries still exist africa will at large and nigeria will never take it rightful place in the committed of nations

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Fx55(m): 8:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
fratermathy:
Bitter?

I'm far from being bitter.

If you say you love GEJ, so be it. I didn't love him, never liked him. He lost in my pooling unit and my local government.

GEJ has nothing to do with the issues I have raised in any way. Let's not derail this thread.
My friend, your actions and disposition here portray you as a very bitter and pained individual. That's by the way. Who really cares?

Back to the topic of this thread...

Firstly, I believe you're not in a position to speak for any ethnic nationalities on the issue of Biafra. Please allow each group to make the choices for themselves and by themselves. Biafra is founded on the cardinal principles of justice, freedom, equity and fairness. As an Urhobo, you're allowed to voice out your opinions and I believe you should restrict that to your Urhobo nation. Speaking on behalf of other ethnicities amount to committing the same offense you accuse IPOB of.

In the first instance, Urhobo has never been a part of Biafra and any decision to include them should be subjected to an extensive debate by stakeholders. We cannot afford to have another Nigeria in the new Biafra. I wonder why you're crying all over the place about an issue that isn't even on print and no concrete or far-reaching decision has been made about it. In my own opinion, I think you're chasing shadows and this thread is uncalled for, unwarranted and not opened in good faith. Like I told you in some other thread, very few Igbo people know the difference between Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri and others.

I find it very uncharitable when folks like you continue saying that Igbos are dragging others into Biafra. I believe the real reason Nnamdi Kanu was put out of the public space was because he was becoming the rallying voice for the South-East and the South-South. The truth is that the promoters of a failed 'One Nigeria' do not want to see a united South-South and South-East. The moment these groups come together and forge a common front would signal the challenge to their death-grip hold on the oil resources flowing from that region. I hope you understand that.

So long as these people continue bickering amongst themselves, the oil will continue flowing to the North and West. The implication is that the Niger-Delta will remain the way it is. The majority of you would be happy to collect crumbs while their children continue to lord it over your resources. That has been the pattern and there's no hope of it changing anytime soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Ngozi123(f): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Emycord:
are you the orignal owner of this essay? Cos it seems i've seen this write up elsewhere. It seems ur not sincere in this thread you just did it as a kind o ridicule against igbo ur subsequent post betrays ur intentions.

This is the crux of the matter and I'm glad that most Igbos on here saw right through his facade.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
Emycord:
dont be ridiculous migrate and leave thier homeland for who you? Or nigeria? God forbid whoever joins biafra does so with his or her complete conscience and consent. And will leave with all his props natural or acquired. Biafra is non-compulsive like nigeria a forcefull entity if only africa can dismantle all its colonial states and allow people to form thier own alliances imagine the kind of peace and prosperity that will visit africa . Rather than this brotherly strife that has been our lot while pleasing our colonial masters to thier benefit and our further economic subjugation. As much as these artificiall boundries still exist africa will at large and nigeria will never take it rightful place in the committed of nations

Noted.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
OreMI22:
@ Op, which urhobo or Isoko are you?

AFONJA claiming Urhobo, Ijaw or Efik from 1900. grin grin grin grin grin

Of course.. Urhobos are Afonjas... Why do you want them in your Biafra?

I am a proud Afonja, if that is what you want to hear.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by Emycord: 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ngozi123:

This is the crux of the matter and I'm glad that most Igbos on here saw right through his facade.
thanks sister as much as biafra is concerned no wavering igbos stand as one

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 8:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Fx55:
My friend, your actions and disposition here portray you as a very bitter and pained individual. That's by the way. Who really cares?

Back to the topic of this thread...

Firstly, I believe you're not in a position to speak for any ethnic nationalities on the issue of Biafra. Please allow each group to make the choices for themselves and by themselves. Biafra is founded on the cardinal principles of justice, freedom, equity and fairness. As an Urhobo, you're allowed to voice out your opinions and I believe you should restrict that to your Urhobo nation. Speaking on behalf of other ethnicities amount to committing the same offense you accuse IPOB of.

In the first instance, Urhobo has never been a part of Biafra and any decision to include them should be subjected to an extensive debate by stakeholders. We cannot afford to have another Nigeria in the new Biafra. I wonder why you're crying all over the place about an issue that isn't even on print and no concrete or far-reaching decision has been made about it. In my own opinion, I think you're chasing shadows and this thread is uncalled for, unwarranted and not opened in good faith. Like I told you in some other thread, very few Igbo people know the difference between Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri and others.

I find it very uncharitable when folks like you continue saying that Igbos are dragging others into Biafra. I believe the real reason Nnamdi Kanu was put out of the public space was because he was becoming the rallying voice for the South-East and the South-South. The truth is that the promoters of a failed 'One Nigeria' do not want to see a united South-South and South-East. The moment these groups come together and forge a common front would signal the challenge to their death-grip hold on the oil resources flowing from that region. I hope you understand that.

So long as these people continue bickering amongst themselves, the oil will continue flowing to the North and West. The implication is that the Niger-Delta will remain the way it is. The majority of you would be happy to collect crumbs while their children continue to lord it over your resources. That has been the pattern and there's no hope of it changing anytime soon.

Who gave IPOB or Igbos the right to speak for the tribes then? Igbo is not a minority tribe and is in no place to determine the future of minorities in the South.

If you need to take your Igboid groups, no problem but stop dragging other minorities into the equation. These are the same minorities that have come online, made statements, etc, that they are not interested in the Biafran project.

As for the oil.. You guys are no better. Leave us to fight our fight!

If you say what is here is bitterness, no problem grin.

The thread is achieving what it was intended for, which is to show the hypocrisy of the agitation and the nature of those behind it. No one has even attempted to address the issues. Instead they are causing more issues entirely.
Re: Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession by fratermathy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
pazienza:
"All my great grand Mothers except one were Igbos.
The ancestral stool I occupy today...Edi Abali was
founded by an Igboman from Abom in Abam in
1782"~ Asari Dokubo.

Fratermarthy, how can you say Igbos have nothing in common with Ijaws? Maybe today our political leanings due to Nigerian factors had changed alot of things, but we still have shared history that is resonated in Bonny, Opobo and even in Kalabari and Okrika.
Doesn't that count?

As for Ogonis, the Ndoki Igbos in Oyigbo LGA of Rivers state had been sharing boundaries with Ogonis of Tai LGA, they had lived side by side to each other for over a century now.
Surely they have shared boundaries if nothing else in common, and I'm sure that intermarriages between the two must have predated colonial Nigeria.

So, my dear Fratermarthy, rethink your stance on these issues. Don't let misguided prejudice against Ndiigbo blind you.

Peace.

You see, you spoke well and I will respond decently.

I am not against Igbo agitation for freedom. I actually support it wholly. My own is that Igbo should respect the rights of the minorities to determine their own future. It is not in the place of Igbo to superimpose herself on the minorities. Let the minorities come to Igbo and do the begging. Igbo should set a standard. Attain the Biafra and wait for others to come begging if they so want. Forcing these minorities attracts insults and doubts to the cause. I, for one, can go out and protest for Biafra but that doesn't mean Urhobos want Biafra as a collectivity.

That is my point. I also raised other issues as well but others have digressed from them.

Ndewoo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

"How I Will Defeat Buhari In 2019" - Omoyele Sowore / Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha / Usman Shugaba, Aisha Buhari’s ADC, Security Aides Restored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.