Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ (43522 Views)

Brand New Samsung S8 And S8 Plus For Sale / Check Out Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus Price In Nigeria / Battery Life Comparison: Galaxy S8 And S8+ Vs Iphone 7 And 7+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by KennyID17(m): 12:16am On Mar 30, 2017
ExInferis:

Lols not yet.

I thought as much cheesy
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Zane2point4(m): 1:24am On Mar 30, 2017
danjumakolo:

From experience,an original Samsung phone with 1500 MAh is equivalent to a 3500MAh in other phones

Abeg dont say what you aint sure of, na wetin dem tell me when i was using s4, s5, and now s6 still the battery is just nonsense, you guys should stop underrating chinese oem, i bet you cant even compare this phone to a gionee m6 based on battery life and what we basically need in fons as a nigerian.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by IKON360(m): 2:22am On Mar 30, 2017
Neyoor:
When on earth with samsung phones start having a durable ba3?
Have yu ever heard of power optimization in chipsets used in phones?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 30, 2017
Incase you missed it, Samsung unveiled its 2017 flagship from the Galaxy S series today. The S8 and S8+ sports a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage, 12-megapixel F/1.7 camera with autofocus and optical image stabilization, Runs Android v7.0 and 3,000/3,500 mAh battery Respectively with fast-charging.

See official promo video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Ert5yjMV4
these people know how to eat people's money jor. The S7 is still in vogue, now it's S8. Anyway, congrats to the selfie generation...
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Patrick33(m): 2:41am On Mar 30, 2017
My friends s7 edge makes my iphone 6 feel like a joke in every way...the phone had the best camera in 2016...idiots mega pixel only depicts how large the photos will be...the larger the pixel..the bigger the photo...so camon c8 or c9 or cx will have 30mp and still feel like nokia c1 camera to samsung.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by samsard(m): 3:02am On Mar 30, 2017
Misterdhee1:
It really seems Samsung doesn't consider Nigerian market at all when manufacturing their phones. Or do they expect us to spend hundreds of thousands on phones with mediocre battery capacities?
Why talking like an ignorant dude? Dude, Flagship phones are not known for battery capacity anywhere in the world and people have been buying them. If battery is your concern, then that is reason why they have the quick charge feature.
I don't even think anyone struggling what power supply for his home should be buying an S8.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Patrick33(m): 3:36am On Mar 30, 2017
As for the ram...my brothers abeg carry any tecno,infinix,gionee even if Dem get 6gb ram...use them play NBA 2k16 or gangster vegas...I'll use a galaxy s4 and the speed and gameplay will be far better.. can't compare a phone using snapdragon or exynos to them tecno using MTK....mtk sucks that's why they need large battery cause they depend on cores...the galaxy s7 with 3500mah lasts longer than gionee m5 with 5000mah...The galaxy s7 edge was the best phone of 2016.hands down...it has a nice successor.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by emilfischer(m): 4:35am On Mar 30, 2017
nice

Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 5:00am On Mar 30, 2017
ExInferis:

That Reddit was from MKBHD.

How's the G5 in your top 4 without the HTC 10?

Your opinion is shit.

This isn't my opinion. IPhone 7 isn't among top 4 camera phones last year.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 5:02am On Mar 30, 2017
martineverest:
just ask yourself this question

why didnt google support DeX, despte microsoft and adobe support?......is it that sammy didnt contact them?....if they could collabo with microsoft,y didnt they collabo with google?

The truth is DeX and its apps are samsung ecosystem and not google's..this will pose threat to chrome os and the merge btw chrome os and android and thus render the latter useless

It's all about business and interest. MS will do same if they were in Google's shoes
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 5:43am On Mar 30, 2017
Misterdhee1:
It really seems Samsung doesn't consider Nigerian market at all when manufacturing their phones. Or do they expect us to spend hundreds of thousands on phones with mediocre battery capacities?
are you for real? anyway u your techno is there for me
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 5:51am On Mar 30, 2017
KennyID17:

Actually it's a 4k screen, Gosh!!! U talk like u know all when u don't know shii angry
gosh,u are so dumb...how is 2960 *1440 a 4k resolution?...see as u fall ur hand..smh
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 5:57am On Mar 30, 2017
ollah2:

It's all about business and interest. MS will do same if they were in Google's shoes
but dont u think microsoft is more foolish to allow sammy use her tech when windowsphone hasnt been successful with it?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Uruanguy(m): 6:39am On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 6:57am On Mar 30, 2017
martineverest:
but dont u think microsoft is more foolish to allow sammy use her tech when windowsphone hasnt been successful with it?

Nope. Windows phone is dead for now. MS will surely make returns in one way or another. Btw, is this really MS tech? Motorola did something like this too tho didn't turn out successful
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by texazzpete(m): 7:18am On Mar 30, 2017
ExInferis:

MKBHD

Check under cameras.

In most competent reviews about cameras the Pixel always comes out tops.

I've the S7 Edge (and LG G5), I'm not saying it's a bad phone but the Pixel has better cameras. While the main camera i quite good, the selfie camera on the S7 is pure shite.

Sorry, in what universe can MKBHD be considered in the same class as Anandtech?

Anandtech is pretty clear: Pixel takes slightly better daylight pics, the S7 beats it in low light. Depends on your focus as each one has trade offs.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 7:20am On Mar 30, 2017
ollah2:

Nope. Windows phone is dead for now. MS will surely make returns in one way or another. Btw, is this really MS tech? Motorola did something like this too tho didn't turn out successful

motorola style is different...ubuntu style is based on software,while continuum is based on hardware.microsoft got the patent
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by martineverest(m): 7:22am On Mar 30, 2017
texazzpete:

Anandtech is pretty clear: Pixel takes slightly better daylight pics, the S7 beats it in low light. Depends on your focus as each one has trade offs.
MKBHD is one of the most trusted and followed software/hardware reviewer....anandtech is the most trusted hardware only reviewer,tho...they are more technical than MKBHD
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Naturalized(m): 7:23am On Mar 30, 2017
ollah2:

The 12MP on the S7and Pixel were the best cameras last year dusting the competitons to the ground.

I use the google pixel and I can confirm that it has the better camera in well-lightened environment. The S7's camera is overrated.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ExInferis(m): 7:24am On Mar 30, 2017
texazzpete:

So why then say the S7 has the best camera if the pixel takes better pix at daylight, which is when most people pull out their snapper?

And don't be glib; i was showing different reviews, not comparing MKBHD with anandtech. At least unlike you who relies on the opinions of only one reviewer I scoured.

Still waiting for you to dispute the rankings of DxOmark.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ExInferis(m): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2017
ollah2:

This isn't my opinion. IPhone 7 isn't among top 4 camera phones last year.

Oh really?

Based on which review?

Cos i can pull up half a dozen that say otherwise.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Naturalized(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2017
ExInferis:

So why then say the S7 has the best camera if the pixel takes better pix at daylight, which is when most people pull out their snapper?

And don't be glib; i was showing different reviews, not comparing MKBHD with anandtech. At least unlike you who relies on the opinions of only one reviewer I scoured.

Still waiting for you to dispute the rankings of DxOmark.

I am sorry but MKBHD never said the S7 had the best camera, in his 2016 flagship ratings I recall he specifically called a tie between the iPhone 7 and Pixel (one of the reasons I opted for the pixel over the iPhone). That is not to say it's performance in low-light doesn't trail the Galaxy though. I have friends who own the S7, and compared to them my pictures lose sharpness without lightening.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 30, 2017
Zane2point4:

Abeg dont say what you aint sure of, na wetin dem tell me when i was using s4, s5, and now s6 still the battery is just nonsense, you guys should stop underrating chinese oem, i bet you cant even compare this phone to a gionee m6 based on battery life and what we basically need in fons as a nigerian.

See not all chinese phns fall into that category.I have tremendous adoration for Chinese phns.In fact i use a Chinese oppo brand called n1 running on nougat 7.1.This is over three years and still the battery tank of 3,452MAh is still amazing.....i bought samsung galaxy tab 7.7inch in 2012...My guy the battery juice is still the way it was...Very unprecedented.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2017
ExInferis:

Oh really?

Based on which review?

Cos i can pull up half a dozen that say otherwise.

Go ahead and pull it up.

N.B don't bring up biased sites like

Bgr
Theverge
Phonearena
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Topmaike007(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2017
martineverest:
thanks bro.... Apple and Samsung have seen that surface pro are big treat,they decided to launch their own rip off and no one is buying them
dont mind those samsung and android as a whole,with window,upgrading is easy..
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by educute(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2017
ollah2:

Common bro. Nigeria is a tiny portion of the world
one in five african population is a nigerian.... That bro is not tiny
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 9:08am On Mar 30, 2017
Naturalized:

I am sorry but MKBHD never said the S7 had the best camera, in his 2016 flagship ratings I recall he specifically called a tie between the iPhone 7 and Pixel (one of the reasons I opted for the pixel over the iPhone). That is not to say it's performance in low-light doesn't trail the Galaxy though. I have friends who own the S7, and compared to them my pictures lose sharpness without lightening.

MKBHD is bias. He started losing his credibility over a year ago. There's no way in hell, heaven and earth iphone 7 camera will tie with Pixel. Now you see why he is a biased guy.
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by ollah2: 9:09am On Mar 30, 2017
educute:
one in five african population is a nigerian.... That bro is not tiny

And you expect an average Nigerian to be able to afford the prices of these high ends?
Re: Samsung Unveils Galaxy S8 and S8+ by Revolva(m): 9:24am On Mar 30, 2017
BOMB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Best Data Plan For Heavy Downloads? / Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / Are You Using The Free Youtube Streaming Plans Offered By 9mobile And MTN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.