Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria (42782 Views)

Exclusion From Delta Traditional Rulers Awards For Good Governance: The Real Rea / Top 3 Most Significant Convictions Secured By EFCC In 2018 / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by calyto: 8:51am On Mar 30, 2017
Niger state is doing better than these states for now.
Benue needs special prayers

yarimo:
Op what of NIGER STATE? undecided
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by signz: 8:52am On Mar 30, 2017
Enugu State have always been lucky sha.

As bad as Chimaroke was, he was Top 5 during his set 99/07.

We all know the achievements of Sullivan Chime. He was top class.

Then now Gburugburu is trying. He's opening up rural areas and he's also not owing backlog of salaries.

Anambra dey on another level brother.

I'm suprised at Delta State. I thougt Okowa will hit the ground running.

Okowa shoul at least be developing Asaba at a very fast pace.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by ybalogs(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2017
Cornerstone2020:
The OP is very stupid to say that Abia is behind states like Osun , Ogun, kwara.
The problem with Abia, particularly Aba is federal government refusal to repair damaged federals road. in the town for decades now.
Abia is better in the hands of Ikpeazu.
That's his opinion,you should just try to counter it reasonably rather than resort to insults.

7 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by shams040(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2017
Kwara shld b no1

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by iamceejay(m): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2017
Next....

Abia e-worriors will organize a press statement to debunk this.
The devil is even tired of Abia state.
Only God will deliver my state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nnazzy52(m): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2017
Tru talk bro especially Kogi state.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by ajepako(f): 8:53am On Mar 30, 2017
Lagos....

Always repping...

From Uncle Fash. to Uncle Ambo...

Back to back.....

Despite coming from the party l detest.....
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Dante68(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2017
Bayelsa state should top that list. because of the huge resource they are getting from federal govt, the state is still very under-developed.

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 30, 2017
GoodinPurple:
It is so disheartening to think that the average Nigerian sees every made in Nigeria goods as "ABA Made", yet the all so popular ABA is nothing to write home about in terms of development.
if the state governor is not working, does it translate that the people themselves are not hustling too ?

Try get sense small.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 8:55am On Mar 30, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:

I Still maintain that no state is unlucky, each state elects leaders to represent them including the FG. If their representatives 'leaders' refused to deliver, will you term that as being unlucky. The people choices of leaders are determinants of states development.
the cabals chose pple that will contest, most times dey Vote for d lesser evil

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by ShilohB: 9:00am On Mar 30, 2017
If Abia state was not included in this list I would have been so disappointed.
In fact the worst, bad leaders are always on board, even the present
I told myself never to marry a man from Abia, never to marry a man who resides in Abia and God answered my prayer.
Don't get me wrong, l am born and breed in Abia, a bona fide indigenous citizen.

From year to year same status quo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by mayoor15(m): 9:01am On Mar 30, 2017
OP why is kwara not on the list as part of the top 3

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Ortarico(m): 9:01am On Mar 30, 2017
Bekwarra:
I don't want to call them unfortunate because that will be too harsh thus I used unlucky. But these states just happen to replace one terrible governor with a worse one especially since the start of this democratic dispensation in 1999. I don't know the cause; maybe it's predestination, a dearth of good leaders, the people making wrong decisions or a combination of these factors. The states I will group in this category are

1. Benue: From George Akume to Gabriel Suswan and now Samuel Ortom, the state seems to be richly "unblessed" with visionary and good leaders as governors. For a state that pridye itself as the food basket of the nation, it should be feeding a large swathe of Southern Nigeria and the middle belt with agricultural products while also taking over some food markets in West African countries. Unfortunately, agriculture in Benue is still largely subsistence. Where is the government support to empower farmers, where are the Hundreds of large farms that should be dotting the landscape? What happened to attracting huge investments in the area of processing some of these products into finished goods? Have you taken Benue orange before? Where are the juice making companies to harness these? Mechanized farming still remain a luxury to the people. What about having a state owned cargo airport to move out some farm products? Where are the good roads to move products from the villages to the towns for onward processing and transportation? I can go on and on. What is the poverty level in Benue? Security? Herdsmen? Level of development?

2. Kogi: Governance in Kogi state is nothing to write home about. Nothing is happening in that state as far as development is concerned. How many times have you seen Kogi in the news for any ground breaking developmental project? We get to see Lagos, Anambra, Rivers, Kano and even Osun. Kogi governors can't maximise the strategic location of the state bordering many states and located at the central part of the country. Like a Kogi-born friend once told me, the only thriving economy in Kogi state is politics. The state capital looks like a modern village, no good roads, no industries. Nothing is happening in that state. Can't think outside the box. Imagine having Abubakar Audi, Idris Wada and now Yahaya Bello as governors. Can a state be more "unblessed"?

3. Abia: This state is a sorry case. Despite being blessed with smart and hardworking people with great spirits of entrepreneurship, of is still so underdeveloped. There are no good roads and recognisable development that can be commensurate with the human resources the state is blessed with. Their governors are just their to loot. Just imagine if Aba is located in Lagos, it would have easily become West Africa's commercial and economic hub generating billions of Naira to the government.

Notable mentions- Kwara and Delta.

Do you agree or disagree? Share your opinions.

Wow! OP, your essay is exactly what one of my lecturers discussed with us in his last class. Or is this you Sir?

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Bucky001(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2017
careytommy7:
I thank God for Akwa Ibom. It always gets better with every new administration.
No leaderb in Akwa Ibom will ever be compared to Akpabio. The man was a visionary leader in spite of his shortcomings

4 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Youngzedd(m): 9:05am On Mar 30, 2017
The list is just correct.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by stamapro(m): 9:07am On Mar 30, 2017
Anyone is entitle 2 his/her opinion, me think dat cluelessness in leadership choice in d states is a correct reflection of wat happens also @ d Federal level,we are all "UNLUCKY".
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by iamceejay(m): 9:09am On Mar 30, 2017
lalasticlala:
Abia: I'm indifferent, but Ikpeazu can't be worse than his immediate predecessor.

Even lala knows the truth .

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2017
I will rewrite the history of Kogi state soon.

At the moment, the barbaric block-headed ediots parading themselves as politicians and leaders in Lokoja and environ can continue to f00l themselves.

Merging the Okun people with the Ebira and Igala kingpins is the greatest mistake that can ever befall a group of people. I have never seen a group of people so f00lish, dull and retrogressive as those our people parade as leaders.

Truth is that as far as these parallel entities remains together, nothing good can ever come out of the state, unless of course, a visionary and tactful person attain the leadership position.

I gave up on Kogi as a state since its creation. How can you merge light with darkness and crown it with a barbaric, unexposed, dirty and visionless tout and still expect a progressive state?

Nobody in the present day Kogi state has the capacity to transform the state. If the smelling gworo chewing 8F9 secondary school drop-outs don't frustrate your effort, the disgusting unqualified dunces, big head but empty brain baboons from the three senatorial districts will frustrate your efforts.

We wanted Faleke (an exposed forward-thinking visionary leader), but the career hooligans said they prefer the everly backward mediocre.

How can you hand over a whole state to a group of people whose brains cannot process anything more than a few Arabic and Islamic quotations and the road to Mecca?

Apart from Mecca, these guys don't go out, even if they want to go, they have nowhere to go to study and learn what governance entails. When forced to go, they come back with more devastating plagues.

Just look at Wada, who would think that a whole pilot who has travelled far could be that retrogressive? Well, I'm not surprised, its in the blood. Take them to England, they will still come back to act like pigs.

Nothing good can come out from the current sets of leaders in the state.

Soon though, we will reverse the curse upon Kogi and the people.

7 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by karimusaa: 9:12am On Mar 30, 2017
Governors of these states and corruption be like:

1 Share

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by joinnow: 9:13am On Mar 30, 2017
Bekwarra:
I don't want to call them unfortunate because that will be too harsh thus I used unlucky. But these states just happen to replace one terrible governor with a worse one especially since the start of this democratic dispensation in 1999. I don't know the cause; maybe it's predestination, a dearth of good leaders, the people making wrong decisions or a combination of these factors. The states I will group in this category are

1. Benue: From George Akume to Gabriel Suswan and now Samuel Ortom, the state seems to be richly "unblessed" with visionary and good leaders as governors. For a state that pridye itself as the food basket of the nation, it should be feeding a large swathe of Southern Nigeria and the middle belt with agricultural products while also taking over some food markets in West African countries. Unfortunately, agriculture in Benue is still largely subsistence. Where is the government support to empower farmers, where are the Hundreds of large farms that should be dotting the landscape? What happened to attracting huge investments in the area of processing some of these products into finished goods? Have you taken Benue orange before? Where are the juice making companies to harness these? Mechanized farming still remain a luxury to the people. What about having a state owned cargo airport to move out some farm products? Where are the good roads to move products from the villages to the towns for onward processing and transportation? I can go on and on. What is the poverty level in Benue? Security? Herdsmen? Level of development?

2. Kogi: Governance in Kogi state is nothing to write home about. Nothing is happening in that state as far as development is concerned. How many times have you seen Kogi in the news for any ground breaking developmental project? We get to see Lagos, Anambra, Rivers, Kano and even Osun. Kogi governors can't maximise the strategic location of the state bordering many states and located at the central part of the country. Like a Kogi-born friend once told me, the only thriving economy in Kogi state is politics. The state capital looks like a modern village, no good roads, no industries. Nothing is happening in that state. Can't think outside the box. Imagine having Abubakar Audi, Idris Wada and now Yahaya Bello as governors. Can a state be more "unblessed"?

3. Abia: This state is a sorry case. Despite being blessed with smart and hardworking people with great spirits of entrepreneurship, of is still so underdeveloped. There are no good roads and recognisable development that can be commensurate with the human resources the state is blessed with. Their governors are just their to loot. Just imagine if Aba is located in Lagos, it would have easily become West Africa's commercial and economic hub generating billions of Naira to the government.

Notable mentions- Kwara and Delta.

Do you agree or disagree? Share your opinions.

Bros you are correct if not all but for 1.Abia.i travel from Ph to Aba to get something from the market since I can't find it in ph.i shake my head the name should not be Abia or Aba but Abandon

As of Kogi may be the large size of it is also affect any developmental impact.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by iamozipatrick(m): 9:15am On Mar 30, 2017
kogi is number 1, spiced with tribalism underdevelopment, illiteracy mind u all govt organization are on strike
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by profsho1(m): 9:18am On Mar 30, 2017
My state "Kwara" suppose to be No.1 simply bcuz the state will be 50 this year and interns if development we are not in between 1st to 30th.
Thanks to those who make Kwara what it is today (backward state), God will
reward them up to their 7th generation.
I will not mention name but Naija know their family name

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by joinnow: 9:18am On Mar 30, 2017
Ortarico:

Wow! OP, your essay is exactly what one of my lecturers discussed with us in his last class. Or is this you Sir?

So you and your lecturer dey flex for Nairaland cheesy
U go and study ur book .
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 9:18am On Mar 30, 2017
yarimo:
Op what of NIGER STATE? undecided
niger state has 3 power generating dam go to Kogi nothing I mean nothing
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by iamkingzlee(m): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2017
I for vex if Kogi wasn't in this list
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by profsho1(m): 9:19am On Mar 30, 2017
My state "Kwara" suppose to be No.1 simply bcuz the state will be 50 this year and when it comes to development we are not in between 1st to 30th.
Thanks to those who make Kwara what it is today (backward state), God will
reward them up to their 7th generation.
I will not mention name but Naija know their family name
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by robay(m): 9:22am On Mar 30, 2017
I like kogi state,but that state never develop,especially lokoja their Capital,very rough and many bad roads,if u see their house of assembly @ crusher area u will shake ur head
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 9:25am On Mar 30, 2017
Delta and Bayelsa are the States I'm yet to understand what happened to all the money they've earned since 1999. Other States are generally poor and require extreme prudence to achieve stability and development but Bayelsa and Delta are in the league of Lagos, Rivers and Akwa Ibom in terms of income.

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Elfaris(m): 9:25am On Mar 30, 2017
Niger state is doing OK for now but we still need more work done.

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Ortarico(m): 9:26am On Mar 30, 2017
joinnow:

So you and your lecturer dey flex for Nairaland cheesy
U go and study ur book .

Na bad thing?

Dem dey tok sey we dey uninformed. Meanwhile no be NTA dem dey tune for us for hostel common-room. So d boy gats dey check nairaland once in a while for sensible news.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by NaijaBlend: 9:26am On Mar 30, 2017
I am surprised the writer has never been to Zamfara, Borno, Yobe, Adamawa and most states in the North! If he/she had, the states mentioned wouldn't have come in!

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by TheEminentLaity: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2017
Of course Abia has to represent. To imagine they even elected T.A. Orji to the senate is beyond me. Bayelsa state should be bubbling under. There are just too many brain numb criminals as politicians in Nigeria. After many people would be having guilty conscience when a well-meaning Nigerian suggested we should up the minimum entry-requirement for political positions should be upper second class. Mad house of a country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Not Just FCT Minister, But My Adviser – Tinubu / 5 Governors, 30 Senators, 135 Reps Set To Dump APC (details) / The Economist : Atiku Was Singled Out By America’s Senate On Corruption & More.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.