Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria (42810 Views)

Exclusion From Delta Traditional Rulers Awards For Good Governance: The Real Rea / Top 3 Most Significant Convictions Secured By EFCC In 2018 / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Angel1696: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2017
I beg my then governor akpabio not to go to senate but the people of akwa ibom should give him transfer to other states like that Benue so that how he transform akwa ibom he can do same in Benue but he refuse n waste his life in senate as a minority in the senate.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by GoodinPurple: 9:38am On Mar 30, 2017
padiga047:
if the state governor is not working, does it translate that the people themselves are not hustling too ?

Try get sense small.
See the rubbish you just typed..
How does what I said relate to what you are saying now? Next time you can state your own opinion without putting insult, it would help you...
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by obinna2nv(m): 9:41am On Mar 30, 2017
lalasticlala:
Abia: I'm indifferent, but Ikpeazu can't be worse than his immediate predecessor.

You can't be more right, the current Abia State Governor can't be more worse than T. A Orji. Hell, you can put a statue there and he'll perform better than Orji. He was that awful, no he was a disaster.

3 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:41am On Mar 30, 2017
iamozipatrick:
kogi is number 1, spiced with tribalism underdevelopment, illiteracy mind u all govt organization are on strike

Illiteracy is among the top issues affecting Kogi state.

Tribalism is not going to end. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm the most 'tribalistic Kogite' in the world. If I become a governor, I will sack a lot of people based on where they come from and send them to private nursery schools. Whoever resist that would be sent to the farm. They are of no use in any office.

In fact, the first and most important thing is to subject all civil servant to a state exam, whoever fails would be made to refund his/her salary since the past 6 years. Majority has robbed the state with their illiteracy.

Of what use is a brain dead ediot in the state Secretariat? What is the contribution of the average Igala, Okun or Ebira person who can hardly and properly construct a short statement?

These problems stated a long time ago, Audu came and employed his brethren, including those without certificates. Ibrahim Idris came, he became a monster, now apart from paying salary to the countless ghost workers from his region, he made himself the most useless person Kogi has ever produced. As if that wasn't enough, they gave us another gworo chewing baboon on the name of Wada, like his previous tribesmen, he was completely redundant not minding the previous 8 years of retrogressive governance under Ibrahim Idris. Today, you folks have another baboon of a governor from a distinctively different tribe, but like the previous, his brain, though big, is so empty that apart from Islamic verses and a few elementary accounting knowledge from his Kabu-kabu business, cannot process ANYTHING.
The bas.tard has recently hired over 60 Special Assistants... Only a brain dead individual can be so callous. He has tasted power, and all he can think about today is Mecca, Islamic marriage and plenty wives. So much for a f00l at 40.

The state needs a forward-thinking, blunt and visionary leader.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Folksyharry(m): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Bayelsa and Delta should be in the top three. They are among the richest states in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it since 1999.

You are correct. The closest Delta has to a good Governor is James Ibori. I guess that sums it up pretty well.

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by sawansa(m): 9:43am On Mar 30, 2017
Am not surprised seeing Abia state in the list. Things has not really been going well in the state. I think the political foundation in Abia state since 1999 is the major cause of our problem.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by noucompact(m): 9:51am On Mar 30, 2017
ITbomb:
Remove Abia and put Imo.
MAYBE YOU HAVE NEVER GONE TO ABIA STATE B4

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Biggcake: 9:51am On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
AKPABIO is a legend considering the wasted years of Attah who preceded him. AKS de try.
Da Attah wasted no years. During his administration there was no money. It was Attah who single handedly fought for resource controll and he eventually won the case at the eve of his second term in office.

He went further by winning the lithoral water case, which saw Akwa Ibom collecting oil wells from Rivers State and Cross River State respectively.

This gesture earned Akwa Ibom the richest State spot in the history of Nigeria till date.

Attah never received a dime from the resource controll money, as Obasanjo didnt oblige to pay.When Akpabio came in, the pile up of the resource control money from Attah's administration was handed to him.
Attah painstakingly masterminded the new master plan of Akwa Ibom State map.

So always get your facts right.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by jonnytad(m): 9:52am On Mar 30, 2017
I don't agree with you, Ogun state can't fall into any of this categories. Not because the governors are perfect, but they are trying.
Jaymaxxy:
IN NIGERIA, WE ONLY HAVE LAGOS AND OTHERS. ALL OTHER 35 STATES HAVE BEEN SO UNLUCKY.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2017
Dera100:
my own list
Delta
Edo
Bayelsa
abia
most northern states
den d rest will follow
but abia will soon live d list cuz d present gov is trying
YOUR head no correct Watin you know about Edo? #sheep.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by IkUKU01(m): 9:58am On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
OP,
Niger , Bayelsa, kwara , Nasarawa, Delta should make your list.
As for Kogi , it is an embarassment to look at its choice of leaders. Maybe they only had it right with Audu.
People who said power should shift to other zones can see that power has gone to ebira bloc and the youngman is 'crystal clueless'. I know the igala nation can't wait for 2019 to field anything and win.
you are right my brother God bless you
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by LastProphet: 10:03am On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
OP,
Niger , Bayelsa, kwara , Nasarawa, Delta should make your list.
As for Kogi , it is an embarassment to look at its choice of leaders. Maybe they only had it right with Audu.
People who said power should shift to other zones can see that power has gone to ebira bloc and the youngman is 'crystal clueless'. I know the igala nation can't wait for 2019 to field anything and win.

kogi never had anything right with audu, all his showcase projects dont last 2 yrs and he embezzles most of the money, on a scale where ibro scores 50%, audu shud score 20. audu is the worst worst governor that kogi ever had but he had good image makers. am from kogi and igala by tribe and can tell you that all the igala governors that ruled so far are thrash and unfortunately the current igbira governor is no different. no hope for kogi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 10:04am On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
AKPABIO is a legend considering the wasted years of Attah who preceded him. AKS de try.
na na na. Just like d solid deep foundation of a building can't be seen, Attah is such. Why Akpabio is praised even by critics is because he started where Attah stopped rather than starting afresh. It's Udom that is a SCALAR.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by encryptjay(m): 10:08am On Mar 30, 2017
Acidosis:
I will rewrite the history of Kogi state soon.

Soon though, we will reverse the curse upon Kogi and the people.
Sorry I had to shorten your quote. Logo state's situation is quite appalling and really pathetic. Tribalism, illiteracy, greed and ancient thinking has reduced Kogi to nothingness. How can a state located in such a position be this backward?
The current crop of politicians emanating from there are just self centered fools.
All funds for development of the state are diverted.
Both the past and present Governors are nothing to write home about.
The state needs special intervention. The youths there need to sit up and remove the garment of trabalism and move the state forward.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by buchilino(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2017
Bekwarra:
I don't want to call them unfortunate because that will be too harsh thus I used unlucky. But these states just happen to replace one terrible governor with a worse one especially since the start of this democratic dispensation in 1999. I don't know the cause; maybe it's predestination, a dearth of good leaders, the people making wrong decisions or a combination of these factors. The states I will group in this category are

1. Benue: From George Akume to Gabriel Suswan and now Samuel Ortom, the state seems to be richly "unblessed" with visionary and good leaders as governors. For a state that pridye itself as the food basket of the nation, it should be feeding a large swathe of Southern Nigeria and the middle belt with agricultural products while also taking over some food markets in West African countries. Unfortunately, agriculture in Benue is still largely subsistence. Where is the government support to empower farmers, where are the Hundreds of large farms that should be dotting the landscape? What happened to attracting huge investments in the area of processing some of these products into finished goods? Have you taken Benue orange before? Where are the juice making companies to harness these? Mechanized farming still remain a luxury to the people. What about having a state owned cargo airport to move out some farm products? Where are the good roads to move products from the villages to the towns for onward processing and transportation? I can go on and on. What is the poverty level in Benue? Security? Herdsmen? Level of development?

2. Kogi: Governance in Kogi state is nothing to write home about. Nothing is happening in that state as far as development is concerned. How many times have you seen Kogi in the news for any ground breaking developmental project? We get to see Lagos, Anambra, Rivers, Kano and even Osun. Kogi governors can't maximise the strategic location of the state bordering many states and located at the central part of the country. Like a Kogi-born friend once told me, the only thriving economy in Kogi state is politics. The state capital looks like a modern village, no good roads, no industries. Nothing is happening in that state. Can't think outside the box. Imagine having Abubakar Audi, Idris Wada and now Yahaya Bello as governors. Can a state be more "unblessed"?

3. Abia: This state is a sorry case. Despite being blessed with smart and hardworking people with great spirits of entrepreneurship, of is still so underdeveloped. There are no good roads and recognisable development that can be commensurate with the human resources the state is blessed with. Their governors are just their to loot. Just imagine if Aba is located in Lagos, it would have easily become West Africa's commercial and economic hub generating billions of Naira to the government.

Notable mentions- Kwara and Delta.

Do you agree or disagree? Share your opinions.

OP U HAVEN'T BEEN TO YOBE N ZAMFARA. WEN U VISIT DIS 2 STATES, U WILL HAVE A CHANGE OF MIND CONCERNING ABIA

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by encryptjay(m): 10:17am On Mar 30, 2017
Acidosis:

Tribalism is not going to end. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm the most 'tribalistic Kogite' in the world. If I become a governor, I will sack a lot of people based on where they come from and send them to private nursery schools. Whoever resist that would be sent to the farm. They are of no use in any office.

In fact, the first and most important thing is to subject all civil servant to a state exam, whoever fails would be made to refund his/her salary since the past 6 years. Majority has robbed the state with their illiteracy.

Of what use is a brain dead ediot in the state Secretariat? What is the contribution of the average Igala, Okun or Ebira person who can hardly and properly construct a short statement?

These problems stated a long time ago, Audu came and employed his brethren, including those without certificates. Ibrahim Idris came, he became a monster, now apart from paying salary to the countless ghost workers from his region, he made himself the most useless person Kogi has ever produced. As if that wasn't enough, they gave us another gworo chewing baboon on the name of Wada, like his previous tribesmen, he was completely redundant not minding the previous 8 years of retrogressive governance under Ibrahim Idris. Today, you folks have another baboon of a governor from a distinctively different tribe, but like the previous, his brain, though big, is so empty that apart from Islamic verses and a few elementary accounting knowledge from his Kabu-kabu business, cannot process ANYTHING.
The bas.tard has recently hired over 60 Special Assistants... Only a brain dead individual can be so callous. He has tasted power, and all he can think about today is Mecca, Islamic marriage and plenty wives. So much for a f00l at 40.

The only thing Yahaya Bello is good at is flying to Abuja to rush to go and shake Buhari. Touts and fools are being employed here and there.
About being tribalistic, we've got to shun it and look towards soundness and ensure meticulous screening of civil servants there.
The current Governor is a mistake.
He'll just destroy Kogi if given another mandate.
Kogi folks should wise up and stop this backward politics.
@OP, add Kwara state there cos the tales my Kwara pals tell about the Saraki Dynasty finishing the state is sad.

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by spiff005(m): 10:18am On Mar 30, 2017
Bekwarra:
I don't want to call them unfortunate because that will be too harsh thus I used unlucky. But these states just happen to replace one terrible governor with a worse one especially since the start of this democratic dispensation in 1999. I don't know the cause; maybe it's predestination, a dearth of good leaders, the people making wrong decisions or a combination of these factors. The states I will group in this category are

1. Benue: From George Akume to Gabriel Suswan and now Samuel Ortom, the state seems to be richly "unblessed" with visionary and good leaders as governors. For a state that pridye itself as the food basket of the nation, it should be feeding a large swathe of Southern Nigeria and the middle belt with agricultural products while also taking over some food markets in West African countries. Unfortunately, agriculture in Benue is still largely subsistence. Where is the government support to empower farmers, where are the Hundreds of large farms that should be dotting the landscape? What happened to attracting huge investments in the area of processing some of these products into finished goods? Have you taken Benue orange before? Where are the juice making companies to harness these? Mechanized farming still remain a luxury to the people. What about having a state owned cargo airport to move out some farm products? Where are the good roads to move products from the villages to the towns for onward processing and transportation? I can go on and on. What is the poverty level in Benue? Security? Herdsmen? Level of development?

2. Kogi: Governance in Kogi state is nothing to write home about. Nothing is happening in that state as far as development is concerned. How many times have you seen Kogi in the news for any ground breaking developmental project? We get to see Lagos, Anambra, Rivers, Kano and even Osun. Kogi governors can't maximise the strategic location of the state bordering many states and located at the central part of the country. Like a Kogi-born friend once told me, the only thriving economy in Kogi state is politics. The state capital looks like a modern village, no good roads, no industries. Nothing is happening in that state. Can't think outside the box. Imagine having Abubakar Audi, Idris Wada and now Yahaya Bello as governors. Can a state be more "unblessed"?

3. Abia: This state is a sorry case. Despite being blessed with smart and hardworking people with great spirits of entrepreneurship, of is still so underdeveloped. There are no good roads and recognisable development that can be commensurate with the human resources the state is blessed with. Their governors are just their to loot. Just imagine if Aba is located in Lagos, it would have easily become West Africa's commercial and economic hub generating billions of Naira to the government.

Bekwarra:

Bekwarra:

i tot i wont see kogi name there. very rubbish state. muah state thou but wat is not gud is not gud
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by tutudesz: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2017
Folksyharry:

You are correct. The closest Delta has to a good Governor is James Ibori. I guess that sums it up pretty well.
We should stop Ibori was a good governor thing, he was the worst of all because the level of corruption in his government was out of this world.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by encryptjay(m): 10:25am On Mar 30, 2017
LastProphet:

kogi never had anything right with audu, all his showcase projects dont last 2 yrs and he embezzles most of the money, on a scale where ibro scores 50%, audu shud score 20. audu is the worst worst governor that kogi ever had but he had good image makers. am from kogi and igala by tribe and can tell you that all the igala governors that ruled so far are thrash and unfortunately the current igbira governor is no different. no hope for kogi
Omaye, we have to change that state in the future. Work really hard and make a difference.
I wonder why politicians there are really backward. They even took their useless form of politics to student unions.
The state is a divided state, I hope we get it right one day.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Caseless: 10:28am On Mar 30, 2017
Biggcake:

Da Attah wasted no years. During his administration there was no money. It was Attah who single handedly fought for resource controll and he eventually won the case at the eve of his second term in office.

He went further by winning the lithoral water case, which saw Akwa Ibom collecting oil wells from Rivers State and Cross River State respectively.

This gesture earned Akwa Ibom the richest State spot in the history of Nigeria till date.

Attah never received a dime from the resource controll money, as Obasanjo didnt oblige to pay.When Akpabio came in, the pile up of the resource control money from Attah's administration was handed to him.
Attah painstakingly masterminded the new master plan of Akwa Ibom State map.

So always get your facts right.
well, i'll have to agree with you. Maybe attah was too quiet not to have blown his trumpet and Akpabio came and blew his own by superposition using publicity power.
I knew Attah fought to strip CRS of its littoral status, but I was wrong to have given all the credit to akpabio. Attah deserves some. The fact that he did not impose a candidate to succeed him and allow akpabio to win the primary tells you he's a great guy.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by anzaku47(m): 10:29am On Mar 30, 2017
What of Nasarawa State
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Caseless: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2017
IkUKU01:
you are right my brother God bless you
amen,bro!
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 30, 2017
I weep for Kogi state.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Bayelsa and Delta should be in the top three. They are among the richest states in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it since 1999.

If you knew Delta in 1999, you would change your statement. Though the state of things are very far below expectation but not as bad as many states I've visited
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by gabe: 10:44am On Mar 30, 2017
This guy has said the most sensible thing all the analysts in all the tv and radio stations have been avoiding for years. God bless ur brain!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by eitsei(m): 10:45am On Mar 30, 2017
shaddoww:
Well am from Osun State, but I was afraid to open dis thread because of d way people av abused my state governor in d past, I was thinking we will b no 1,but I guess d truth can't b hidden for ever.
take it or leave it oṣun is a lot better than some states in Nigeria

While some states haven't paid salaries in months, oṣun is paying some levels in the civil service full salary every month , some collect 70% of their and the remaining collect 50%. Though Aregbesola has his shortcomings but it's still better than some states governors

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 10:48am On Mar 30, 2017
ShilohB:
If Abia state was not included in this list I would have been so disappointed.
In fact the worst, bad leaders are always on board, even the present
I told myself never to marry a man from Abia, never to marry a man who resides in Abia and God answered my prayer.
Don't get me wrong, l am born and breed in Abia, a bona fide indigenous citizen.

From year to year same status quo
thanks for being honest. if we call this rogue called leaders out on the internet. one day they will feel the pressure.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 30, 2017
Abagworo:
Delta and Bayelsa are the States I'm yet to understand what happened to all the money they've earned since 1999. Other States are generally poor and require extreme prudence to achieve stability and development but Bayelsa and Delta are in the league of Lagos, Rivers and Akwa Ibom in terms of income.

Their governors like to share money. Speaking from experience. I know a woman in my church from Bayelsa state that was receiving 300k a month as monthly stipend when the Governor that replaced Jonathan took over cos they were from the same family line sort of
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Biggcake: 10:51am On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
well, i'll have to agree with you. Maybe attah was too quiet not to have blown his trumpet and Akpabio came and blew his own by superposition using publicity power.
I knew Attah fought to strip CRS of its littoral status, but I was wrong to have given all the credit to akpabio. Attah deserves some. The fact that he did not impose a candidate to succeed him and allow akpabio to win the primary tells you he's a great guy.
There you go again.

Attah imposed his Son -Inlaw Hon. Ekarika to take over from him, but met a fierce resistance from the elders of the State.

During this quagmire, Godswill Akpabio who was the Commissioner of Local Government and Chieftaincy affairs, was unanimously hand picked by the elders of the State, as the sole candidate from annang descent to take over from Attah since the zoning formular at that time favoured Annang.

The good people of Akwa Ibom State vehemently kicked against the imposition of a candidate on them by Attah.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Folksyharry(m): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2017
tutudesz:

We should stop Ibori was a good governor thing, he was the worst of all because the level of corruption in his government was out of this world.

I'm not saying he's good governor. Among the three governors Delta state has elected Ibori performed better than the other two. I still consider his tenure a huge disaster so I was emphasizing how terrible governance has been in the state with that comparison.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Deejay1000(m): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2017
Acidosis:

i like how you addressed the issue, am also from kogi state and i must say the state is nothing to write home about from bad worst.. visionless leaders who only share money and employ touts..
the problem of the state is tribalism and god fatherism ...
to me though your tribe does'nt matters if you can govern well
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nathanieloo7(m): 11:05am On Mar 30, 2017
see the poster here is sooooooooooo on point,you win my heart bro, kogi state is nothing to write home about,even their state is jus like my village,no roads,abia state dsame is even akwa ibom state that did dia road for them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gays, Lesbians, Satan: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Biden, Harris & Supporters / "How I Met & Fell In Love With Femi Fani-Kayode" - 27-yr-old Precious Chikwendu / ‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.