Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria (42796 Views)

Exclusion From Delta Traditional Rulers Awards For Good Governance: The Real Rea / Top 3 Most Significant Convictions Secured By EFCC In 2018 / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by samtol4(m): 11:13am On Mar 30, 2017
Rollsnjaguar:

I Still maintain that no state is unlucky, each state elects leaders to represent them including the FG. If their representatives 'leaders' refused to deliver, will you term that as being unlucky. The people choices of leaders are determinants of states development.
Are you sure they were elected or they rigged themselves to power! The case of Abia state is pathetic one ....Most roads in Abia state are in eyesore .

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Caseless: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2017
LastProphet:

kogi never had anything right with audu, all his showcase projects dont last 2 yrs and he embezzles most of the money, on a scale where ibro scores 50%, audu shud score 20. audu is the worst worst governor that kogi ever had but he had good image makers. am from kogi and igala by tribe and can tell you that all the igala governors that ruled so far are thrash and unfortunately the current igbira governor is no different. no hope for kogi
common, bro! You can't say this of Audu. I was in ankpa and somebody told me the only thing they have only came under Audu. In fact, the last time they had a running tap water was under Audu. The road network in ankpa all linked to Audu. Do you think any of the fools that came after him could have thought of establishing a state university like he did? He was in the opposition and win awards organized by pdp governors as the most performing. They said he stole 3 billion out of the 16 billion he got and they still couldn't nail him and, this was done to get him to decamp to pdp , but he stood his ground and died in his party. The only man who maintained just like Tinubu and buhari.
You don't have any politician that can project the image of igala like Audu on the national space. David mark and the rest were scared of his rising profile so they used Atiku against him in 2003 and that they continued for many years before he was able to bounce back, but died unfortunately.
You all complained how he's no the only one in igalaland, that he should give chance to the young ones, and when he died you can't find a replacement. Need I remind u that you have the younger one ruling you already? There you have it. You igalas are the problems of yourselves.
Igala race has never lost anyone like Audu before and this they demonstrated when he died.

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Caseless: 11:18am On Mar 30, 2017
MrHighSea:
na na na. Just like d solid deep foundation of a building can't be seen, Attah is such. Why Akpabio is praised even by critics is because he started where Attah stopped rather than starting afresh. It's Udom that is a SCALAR.
I now understand. Udom is confused.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by entrepreneurmic: 11:19am On Mar 30, 2017
seunmsg:
Bayelsa and Delta should be in the top three. They are among the richest states in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it since 1999.
VERY CORRECT EXPE
seunmsg:
Bayelsa and Delta should be in the top three. They are among the richest states in Nigeria with little or nothing to show for it since 1999.
VERY CORRECT ESPECIALLY BAYELSA STATE. HUGE ALLOCATION, 8 LOCAL GOVERNMENT & WORKERS ARE SUFFERING.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by alobright17(m): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2017
Op Remove Abia I repeat Remove Abia state .
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by alobright17(m): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2017
luckystar43:
You can get more money but you cannot get more time, View fixed match won below 100% sure fixed
There is not fixed matches all na lucky prediction,fixed matches and sure bet yet you never stake 500k and win mega money,Na to dey here they look for who to tell to send you 10k for you to give him one yeye fixtures .

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Apina(m): 11:40am On Mar 30, 2017
sawansa:
Am not surprised seeing Abia state in the list. Things has not really been going well in the state. I think the political foundation in Abia state since 1999 is the major cause of our problem.
Its quite obvious that Ibori is a thief, but which Nigerian politician past and present isn't? If Ibori had remained in power till this point, I bet u that we would have been competing with Lagos.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Bigii(m): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2017
Bekwarra:
I don't want to call them unfortunate because that will be too harsh thus I used unlucky. But these states just happen to replace one terrible governor with a worse one especially since the start of this democratic dispensation in 1999. I don't know the cause; maybe it's predestination, a dearth of good leaders, the people making wrong decisions or a combination of these factors. The states I will group in this category are

1. Benue: From George Akume to Gabriel Suswan and now Samuel Ortom, the state seems to be richly "unblessed" with visionary and good leaders as governors. For a state that pridye itself as the food basket of the nation, it should be feeding a large swathe of Southern Nigeria and the middle belt with agricultural products while also taking over some food markets in West African countries. Unfortunately, agriculture in Benue is still largely subsistence. Where is the government support to empower farmers, where are the Hundreds of large farms that should be dotting the landscape? What happened to attracting huge investments in the area of processing some of these products into finished goods? Have you taken Benue orange before? Where are the juice making companies to harness these? Mechanized farming still remain a luxury to the people. What about having a state owned cargo airport to move out some farm products? Where are the good roads to move products from the villages to the towns for onward processing and transportation? I can go on and on. What is the poverty level in Benue? Security? Herdsmen? Level of development?

2. Kogi: Governance in Kogi state is nothing to write home about. Nothing is happening in that state as far as development is concerned. How many times have you seen Kogi in the news for any ground breaking developmental project? We get to see Lagos, Anambra, Rivers, Kano and even Osun. Kogi governors can't maximise the strategic location of the state bordering many states and located at the central part of the country. Like a Kogi-born friend once told me, the only thriving economy in Kogi state is politics. The state capital looks like a modern village, no good roads, no industries. Nothing is happening in that state. Can't think outside the box. Imagine having Abubakar Audi, Idris Wada and now Yahaya Bello as governors. Can a state be more "unblessed"?

3. Abia: This state is a sorry case. Despite being blessed with smart and hardworking people with great spirits of entrepreneurship, of is still so underdeveloped. There are no good roads and recognisable development that can be commensurate with the human resources the state is blessed with. Their governors are just their to loot. Just imagine if Aba is located in Lagos, it would have easily become West Africa's commercial and economic hub generating billions of Naira to the government.

Notable mentions- Kwara and Delta.

Do you agree or disagree? Share your opinions.

1 BENUE

2 BENUE

3 BENUE

4 BENUE

5 BENUE

6 BENUE

7 BENUE

8 BENUE

9 BENUE

10 BENUE

11 BENUE

12 BENUE

13 BENUE

14 BENUE

15 BENUE

16 BENUE

17 BENUE

18 BENUE

19 BENUE

20 BENUE

Finally, thunder FIRE all the TIV dullards that have been ruling Benue
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by adegeye38(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2017
the whole of nigeria is in shambles

and its our fault both as an individual and as a people
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 30, 2017
top ten best states in nigeria 1) lagos 2)akwa ibom 3) ogun 4)rivers 5)oyo 6)anambra 7) kano coolkaduna 9)enugu 10)osun note; it is not arranged

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by ruggedized1: 11:56am On Mar 30, 2017
joinnow:

Bros you are correct if not all but for 1.Abia.i travel from Ph to Aba to get something from the market since I can't find it in ph.i shake my head the name should not be Abia or Aba but Abandon

As of Kogi may be the large size of it is also affect any developmental impact.

You will never see africonji where his useless and cursed state is being discussed. Tufiaaa cheesy
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Viczeni123: 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
I totally agree with especially on Abia State. The state is richly blessed that almost the whole of Onitsha main market now depends on made in Aba instead of going to China,and their leaders are just sooo blind. The only support they give to hard working youths there is keke with no road.

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by geryque(m): 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Op nailed, only dat Kogi shud be at d top of d list. Benue and Abia can be anywhere
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Bigii:

1 BENUE
2 BENUE
3 BENUE
4 BENUE
5 BENUE
6 BENUE
7 BENUE
8 BENUE
9 BENUE
10 BENUE
11 BENUE
12 BENUE
13 BENUE
14 BENUE
15 BENUE
16 BENUE
17 BENUE
18 BENUE
19 BENUE
20 BENUE

Finally, thunder FIRE all the TIV dullards that have been ruling Benue

I am from Benue and I stand with you on this.

3 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by vickodedon(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
Na kogi own vess me pass embarassed

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by femsheart(f): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
I think Kogi should top the list! Aside the higher institutions that are now grounded there is no other thing in kogi state!
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by joinnow: 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
ruggedized1:

You will never see africonji where his useless and cursed state is being discussed. Tufiaaa cheesy
Abeg clarify
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
GoodinPurple:

See the rubbish you just typed..
How does what I said relate to what you are saying now? Next time you can state your own opinion without putting insult, it would help you...
u tried to demean the handwork of the Aba people just because you perceive that their government is not doing well.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Menzy86(m): 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
OP,
Niger , Bayelsa, kwara , Nasarawa, Delta should make your list.
As for Kogi , it is an embarassment to look at its choice of leaders. Maybe they only had it right with Audu.
People who said power should shift to other zones can see that power has gone to ebira bloc and the youngman is 'crystal clueless'. I know the igala nation can't wait for 2019 to field anything and win.
bello is only following d terrible precedence of the igalas. The state seems cursed and I say this as a full blood Kogite. Its an absolutely embarrassing situation.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Toofan007: 1:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Notable mention for Kwara state?! Op, you know kwara state is one of the oldest state in Nigeria, right? The fact that the current Senate President ruled the state for eight years?!

2 Likes

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
please ogun state should be there!! May God deal with Amosun as He deems it fit. angry angry angry angry
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Biggcake:

Da Attah wasted no years. During his administration there was no money. It was Attah who single handedly fought for resource controll and he eventually won the case at the eve of his second term in office.

He went further by winning the lithoral water case, which saw Akwa Ibom collecting oil wells from Rivers State and Cross River State respectively.

This gesture earned Akwa Ibom the richest State spot in the history of Nigeria till date.

Attah never received a dime from the resource controll money, as Obasanjo didnt oblige to pay.When Akpabio came in, the pile up of the resource control money from Attah's administration was handed to him.
Attah painstakingly masterminded the new master plan of Akwa Ibom State map.

So always get your facts right.

Simple truth. Attah changed the fortune of Akwa Ibom State but made Cross river poor in the process.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Champele(m): 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
Bekwarra:

Why?
Come to imo sate and know why.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Ethanegos(m): 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
seunmsg:

Definitely Delta and Bayelsa
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
Bekwarra:
I don't want to call them unfortunate because that will be too harsh thus I used unlucky. But these states just happen to replace one terrible governor with a worse one especially since the start of this democratic dispensation in 1999. I don't know the cause; maybe it's predestination, a dearth of good leaders, the people making wrong decisions or a combination of these factors. The states I will group in this category are

1. Benue: From George Akume to Gabriel Suswan and now Samuel Ortom, the state seems to be richly "unblessed" with visionary and good leaders as governors. For a state that pridye itself as the food basket of the nation, it should be feeding a large swathe of Southern Nigeria and the middle belt with agricultural products while also taking over some food markets in West African countries. Unfortunately, agriculture in Benue is still largely subsistence. Where is the government support to empower farmers, where are the Hundreds of large farms that should be dotting the landscape? What happened to attracting huge investments in the area of processing some of these products into finished goods? Have you taken Benue orange before? Where are the juice making companies to harness these? Mechanized farming still remain a luxury to the people. What about having a state owned cargo airport to move out some farm products? Where are the good roads to move products from the villages to the towns for onward processing and transportation? I can go on and on. What is the poverty level in Benue? Security? Herdsmen? Level of development?

2. Kogi: Governance in Kogi state is nothing to write home about. Nothing is happening in that state as far as development is concerned. How many times have you seen Kogi in the news for any ground breaking developmental project? We get to see Lagos, Anambra, Rivers, Kano and even Osun. Kogi governors can't maximise the strategic location of the state bordering many states and located at the central part of the country. Like a Kogi-born friend once told me, the only thriving economy in Kogi state is politics. The state capital looks like a modern village, no good roads, no industries. Nothing is happening in that state. Can't think outside the box. Imagine having Abubakar Audi, Idris Wada and now Yahaya Bello as governors. Can a state be more "unblessed"?

3. Abia: This state is a sorry case. Despite being blessed with smart and hardworking people with great spirits of entrepreneurship, of is still so underdeveloped. There are no good roads and recognisable development that can be commensurate with the human resources the state is blessed with. Their governors are just their to loot. Just imagine if Aba is located in Lagos, it would have easily become West Africa's commercial and economic hub generating billions of Naira to the government.

Notable mentions- Kwara and Delta.

Do you agree or disagree? Share your opinions.

I did my NYSC in Benue, so I can't fault this list.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Caseless: 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
Biggcake:

There you go again.

Attah imposed his Son -Inlaw Hon. Ekarika to take over from him, but met a fierce resistance from the elders of the State.

During this quagmire, Godswill Akpabio who was the Commissioner of Local Government and Chieftaincy affairs, was unanimously hand picked by the elders of the State, as the sole candidate from annang descent to take over from Attah since the zoning formular at that time favoured Annang.

The good people of Akwa Ibom State vehemently kicked against the imposition of a candidate on them by Attah.
but he came out to deny this then.
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Bimpe29: 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2017
Why is Kwara State missing in the top 3?

1 Like

Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by Ezionye(f): 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Abia should be number one on d list
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by donratcock: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Why has no one mentioned federal republic of nigeria or Zoogeria
Since 1960 Zoogeria has been unfortunate to have been governed by incompetent clueless brainless set of leaders
If the government of the center have been living by example the governors will not have the courage to steal talkless of not working
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by GoodinPurple: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
padiga047:
u tried to demean the handwork of the Aba people just because you perceive that their government is not doing well.
Na wa oo, Where did I mention that one?
I said literally every made in Nigeria goods is from ABA, because they are so industrious.... I understand now that you didn't even read, you only rushed in to quote me.
#PeaceOut
Re: Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria by LastProphet: 4:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
Caseless:
common, bro! You can't say this of Audu. I was in ankpa and somebody told me the only thing they have only came under Audu. In fact, the last time they had a running tap water was under Audu. The road network in ankpa all linked to Audu. Do you think any of the fools that came after him could have thought of establishing a state university like he did? He was in the opposition and win awards organized by pdp governors as the most performing. They said he stole 3 billion out of the 16 billion he got and they still couldn't nail him and, this was done to get him to decamp to pdp , but he stood his ground and died in his party. The only man who maintained just like Tinubu and buhari.
You don't have any politician that can project the image of igala like Audu on the national space. David mark and the rest were scared of his rising profile so they used Atiku against him in 2003 and that they continued for many years before he was able to bounce back, but died unfortunately.
You all complained how he's no the only one in igalaland, that he should give chance to the young ones, and when he died you can't find a replacement. Need I remind u that you have the younger one ruling you already? There you have it. You igalas are the problems of yourselves.
Igala race has never lost anyone like Audu before and this they demonstrated when he died.

my brother i understand u but u are saying exactly what audu fooled many people into thinking about him. see forget the opinion of one ankpa guy who cannot tell a good job from a poor job, see am sure you know the road between lokoja and ajaokuta? audu tarred that road aran year 2000 and it lasted exactly 8 months before potholes took over. Ibro tatred the same road in 2008 and till today u can tell me if you see a single pothole. see all audus projects are exactly like this. have you seen the commissioner quarters on ganaja road with bent pillars? i mean ALL the buildings! its exactly the same with all the quarters ever built by audu - very terrible poor job, i mean horrible job. come to kogi university as a non indigene i know you ate not aware that the place had many buildings before the university? it was an ADP world bank project site before and there were buildings. now if you go there today and pick out the buildings built by audu then i wont need to talk further. the buildings built by ibro through professor idachaba when he was VC can never be put on the same level with the nonsense built by audu there despite over invoicing the whole thing as usual. see am not supporting ibro since he is also a thief but anyone with exposure to quality understands that ibro builds quality things and embezzles, audu builds more numbers of poor quality things and also embezzles.
have you seen the stadium built by ibro? the lokoja market at nataco? the lokoja water project? their quality is 3 heavens higher than anything audu will do even though both are thieves. Have you seen audu's office complex in abuja facing nnpc towers? that building housing zenith bank and skye bank? that's the kind of thrash audu normally builds and i dont need to it's the worst building on that street in central area. and you see the clearest difference between audu and other thieves is that others steal and keep quiet, but audu steals and looks u in the face and tell u that u are ungrateful.
see only those without the faintest idea of what quality infrastructure is can open their mouth to hail audu, another group are those from his village or tribe given the expected bigotry in our society

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article / EFCC Confirms Chukkol As Acting Chairman / Northern Youths Issue Buhari 30-day Ultimatum To Implement Ruga Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.