Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks (626 Views)

Electoral Act: Presidency Begs NASS To Reconvene / Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS / Soldiers Arrive Taraba Over Attacks On Fulanis By Militia Group (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by edunwablog: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora has urged Nigerians in India to remain calm and be watchful of their surroundings.

Her appeal followed multiple distress calls by Nigerian students in India on concerns over their safety as a result of renewed attacks on them.

Dabiri-Erewa said in a statement in Abuja on Wednesday that the renewed Tuesday attacks on Nigerian students’ in India was uncalled for.

While condemning the mob action as unwarranted and deplorable, the SSA noted that the Indian authorities currently had five suspects in custody.

Dabiri-Erewa noted that though the situation was calm at the moment, the Indian government has a responsibility to protect Nigerian students in India going about their normal duties.

She urged the Indian government “to ensure that any alleged suspect should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law”.

She said the Chargé d’affaires in India, Amb. Mrs Queen Worlu has promptly visited the scene of the incident and also visited the three patients in hospital.

Abike discloed that “I have also spoken with Mr Charles Kennedy, President of the Students’ association in Greater Noida where the attacks occurred.

“He said though a Kenyan girl who was working alone in the early hours of today was attacked, more police patrol vehicles have been deployed to all areas.

“He confirmed that the situation is calm and is pleased with the prompt actions of the Nigerian Chargé d’affaires in India and the Indian government so far”.

Two of the victims are two brothers, Precious and Endurance Amalawa and Chukwuma Igboamalu.

Other reports have it that nine Nigerians were attacked, all students of Noida International University in India.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/03/presidency-begs-nigerians-in-india-to.html

Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
Is it possible for you tell a man sitting on a pot of coal to be patient?

Nigerian government concern about the welfare of her citizens in other countries is.......... Something else. undecided
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by ozoebuka1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
lousy government.
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by biggerj(m): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
som tyms i wonda y God dcided 2 bless us wit dis set of ineffectiv leadas. All dey knw is loot, talk nd loot nothin else
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by Rossikk(m): 8:34pm On Mar 29, 2017
^^^FORGET THOSE STORIES BIKO. WHAT DO YOU WANT GOVT TO DO?

THERE ARE MORE INDIANS IN AFRICA THAN AFRICANS IN INDIA. AFRICANS NEED TO SIMILARLY TARGET INDIANS HERE IN AFRICA, AND HAVE IT SHOWN LIVE ON INDIAN TELLY. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THEY WILL STOP ATTACKING AFRICANS IN INDIA. I BELIEVE MANY OF THOSE STINKING MAGGOTS DON'T EVEN REALISE THAT THERE ARE INDIANS IN AFRICA. THEY NEED TO BE SHOWN THE REAL DEAL.
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by Litmus: 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
When something like this happened under Johnathan's tenure, I recall that Nigeria made objections to India and the Indian foreign minister apologised to Nigerians on behalf of India. I wonder what diplomatic measure Buhari's government will take here?

and when something as public as this in the international' sphere happens to Nigerians, I do wish that those Nigerians involved are interviewed by Nigeria news outlet so we can ascertain facts ourselves. We need to take charge of our own narratives and not let outsiders define the news for us.
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by Rossikk(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Litmus:
When somthing like this happend under Johnathan's tenure, i recall that Nigeria made objections to India and the Indian forign minister appologised to Nigerians on behalf of India. I wonder what diplomatic measures Buhari's governmnet takes?

TO HELL WITH THAT SHIIT.

WHEN FULANI HERDSMEN OR HAUSAS ATTACK IGBOS OR YORUBAS, THE AFFECTED PARTIES LAUNCHES REPRISALS AGAINST THE OFFENDERS IN ORDER TO SERVE AS A WARNING AND DETERRENT. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO INDIANS ATTACKING US, WE TURN INTO SOFT LITTLE PUPPIES, APPEALING TO GOVT TO HELP OUT. WHY? WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by mexxmoney: 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
Is this the best this government can come up with? Remain calm? Like seriously, remain calm? And we still have two years of this idiocy to survive. And some people will still go out in 2019, in the rain or sun to vote for this clowns
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by Litmus: 8:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
Rossikk:

TO HELL WITH THAT SHIIT.

WHEN FULANI HERDSMEN OR HAUSAS ATTACK IGBOS OR YORUBAS, THE AFFECTED PARTIES LAUNCHES REPRISALS AGAINST THE OFFENDERS IN ORDER TO SERVE AS A WARNING AND DETERRENT. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO INDIANS ATTACKING US, WE TURN INTO SOFT LITTLE PUPPIES, APPEALING TO GOVT TO HELP OUT. WHY? WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

LOL

but to be fair, I’m always Nationalistic and in my time have urged Nigerians to be understanding to one another. I have often called upon the thought that since Nigerians have the capacity to understand and tolerate whatever crap foreigners throw at them, they can forgive one another too.
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by Rossikk(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
mexxmoney:
Is this the best this government can come up with? Remain calm? Like seriously, remain calm? And we still have two years of this idiocy to survive. And some people will still go out in 2019, in the rain or sun to vote for this clowns

Why are you blaming govt? Are they not Nigerians like you who believe anybody with yellow or white skin is ''superior''?

You only have power to retaliate against the perpetrators of violence when they are black abi?

Abeg leave govt. If you are angry, do what the Indians did! The only language those stinking animals understand is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by Rossikk(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2017
IF YOU BURN DOWN A COUPLE OF INDIAN COMPANIES AND DISPLAY THE FLAMES ON LIVE TELLY, BEAMING IT STRAIGHT TO INDIANS VIA CNN AND THE WEB, PERHAPS SHOWING A FEW INDIANS FLEEING FOR THEIR LIVES THROUGH THE BURNING OFFICES, AND FLEEING FROM IRATE MOBS, THE VIOLENCE AGAINST AFRICANS WILL CEASE IMMEDIATELY IN INDIA. FOREVER. I PROMISE YOU THAT.
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
How I wish Nigeria is a Better place. We would'nt be running to places like India or South Africa to seek for daily bread.
Re: Presidency Begs Nigerians In India To Stay Calm Over Attacks by MrGreenMavro: 11:58am On Mar 30, 2017
You begging them to stay calm wen you are not doing anything about it. angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Hosted Young Media-wise From APC Family At Senator Andy Uba Camp Yesterday. / FG Plans Fresh Remodelling Of All Airport Terminals In The Country / Alleged $40m Scam: Efcc Witnesses Deny Dealing With Jonathan’s Cousin, wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.