Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,491 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Sagay: Senate Lacks Authority To Summon Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Senate Lacks Authority To Summon Me (365 Views)

'Buhari Lifeless': FG To Summon U.S. Ambassador Over Trump’s Comment / FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Sagay: Senate Lacks Authority To Summon Me by kantin: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) Chairman, Professor Itse Sagay (SAN) has said the Senate can not summon him for expressing an opinion.
Sagay was reacting to a move by the Senate to summon him over comments he made on the lawmakers.
According to him, the Senate lacks the authority to summon a private citizen.
Sagay said the lawmakers were embarking on a “futile” exercise that could have “embarrassing consequences”.
According to Sagay, he does not fall within the category of government officials that the Senate can summon.
He said he only exercised his constitutionally guaranteed right to hold an opinion.
Sagay said a government official can be summoned during a amendment of a law that affects the official’s agency, or where the official is directly involved in spending monies appropriated by the National Assembly.
The eminent professor of law said any Senator who feels that his reputation was damaged by his comments could seek redress in court.
He said the Senate was not a court of law before whom he could be ordered to appear.
Re: Sagay: Senate Lacks Authority To Summon Me by SmartchoicesNG: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
undecided
This old man should leave our future for us. I expect the youths in his neighbourhood to do the needful... He's becoming uncouth...Unegalitarian... Losing his integrity over the smell of power... Youths Arise!
Re: Sagay: Senate Lacks Authority To Summon Me by Mynd44: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2017

(1)

Nigeria Is Gradually Getting It Right. Read This.... / REVEALED! Army Captain Ordered Us To Steal Saraki’s Money / Why Niger Delta Youths Carry Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.