Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video (32350 Views)

Police Replies Senator Misau Over Allegation Of SUV Jeeps To Aisha Buhari(PICS) / Idris Ibrahim Slept With 2 Policewomen; Impregnated Amina - Senator Misau / Police Declares Senator Misau Wanted, Says He Is Still In Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by ecdcyber: 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
The Nigerian government on Monday said it would seek an order of court for Channels Television to produce a video copy of an interview it had with a senator, Isah Misau.

The interview, according to prosecution counsel, Alex Izinyon, contains details of the allegations that the senator representing the Bauchi Central District, Mr. Misau, spread falsehood against the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris.

In an interview on the Politics Today live progranmme of the Nigerian private television in August last year, Mr. Misau had leveled allegations of corruption against the Nigeria police.

According to the charge against him in court, Mr. Misau falsely accused the IGP’s office of collecting millions of naira from police officers seeking promotion in the service.

The senator was also accused of falsely alleging sexual misconduct against Mr. Idris.

On Monday, the prosecution amended the charges from five to seven counts.

Mr. Misau is also accused of falsely linking the office of the IGP with fraudulent collection of at least N10 billion from individuals and oil marketers to provide them security.

The senator who was present in court, pleaded not guilty to the amended charges.

After taking his plea, the prosecution informed the court of its desire to produce three witnesses in the next sitting and to request a subpoena for service to Channels Television, which aired Mr. Misau’s interview.

Speaking with journalists after the court hearing on Monday, Mr. Izinyon said the aim of the subpoena is to help show the court the video of the discussion Mr. Misau allegedly had with the media wherein the allegedly false information was disseminated.

Mr. Misau’s allegation came shortly after the senator engaged in a series of verbal war with the IGP.

In reaction to the allegations made against Mr. Idris, the police accused Mr. Misau of leaving the force without properly executing his retirement.

That allegation was however refuted by the Police Service Commission.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/256967-nigerian-govt-subpoena-channels-tv-senator-police-ig-video.html/amp

2 Likes

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by DWJOBScom(m): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2018
Come and face the music for doing 2 things

I. Speaking out against the Govt and IGP
II. Speaking with unknown evidence

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by SadiqBabaSani: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by SadiqBabaSani: 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2018
DWJOBScom:
Come and face the music for doing 2 things

I. Speaking out against the Govt and IGP
II. Speaking with unknown evidence
Zonbii Spoted

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by akeentech(m): 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
Zonbii Spoted

6 Likes

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by divinehand2003(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
Fascism. Buhari and his team should know we are not cowed and this gagging will only fast track the death of his perilous political career.

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by HeyCorleone(m): 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2018
The last thing any sane person would be is surprised at any nonsense that happens in this government.

It was predicted from the onset.

You voted an incompetent fool. What were you expecting?

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by visijo(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by BruncleZuma: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Not my monkey, not my circus...

9 Likes

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Nairalane: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
Probably, they will summon NOUN very soon because Obasanjo tested his Ph. D Thesis on Buhari with his last week's letter... ��� grin

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by GoldCircle: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
So na like this we go dey dey? On the one hand this government looks very clueless addressing national issues and on the other hand, appears quite smart and articulate executing evil plans against the citizenry.

God dey!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Bossontop(m): 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2018
undecided
Its lyk God don dey send confusion into dia camp oo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
I hope sentiment is put aside, false accusations should not be treated with kids gloves

6 Likes

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by daxclusive1: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
They yaff catch this one oo... APC. Scapegoat.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by bjayx: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
He must av evidence or he's screwed.
Besides, the I.G of police didn't deny those claims, he even said no law stops a police officer from dating a fellow officer.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
Freedom of speech is not guaranteed in Nigerian democracy angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Kooldon(f): 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2018
Court Of Law Will Only Give All Our Corrupts Leaders Temporary Relief But Be Rest Assured One Day You Will Be Accoutable To Your Crimes Be It B4 Man Or God.
The Price To Pay To Fight Corrupt Leaders. Fear Not Senator, We Are Behind You.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by tall2ce(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
He challenged Buhari recently about Maina's reinstatement

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by khallyberry: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by obajoey(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
i just understand this govt.

They want no criticism.
I am still praying, my father my God, let not this year pass me by, GIVE ME MY CANADIAN VISA sad

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
Buhari
Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by agabaI23(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
The fire is touching everyone including those who started it. Good morning Channels

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Naijiant: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by pejuakinab: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
Buhari will never come back again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Saintsbrown(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
Intimidation and clamp down on free press,
APCs second name

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by bjayx: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2018
Shiithole police...fuucck em all

3 Likes

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by Paperwhite(m): 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2018
So because the senator have been a staunch antagonist of the ineptitude of the rudderless & super-clueless APC, then an all out witch-hunting have commenced
Instead of the government to take action & show the IG the way out rather it's the senator that is to take the fall. To bad but he that rides on the back of the tiger ends up in its stomach. undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Summon Channels TV Over Senator Misau & Police IG Video by khallyberry: 10:09pm On Jan 29, 2018
k

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ICPC Seizes Akpabio’s International Passport - The News Feed / Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians / Fayose To Dino: ‘Political Hushpuppi’ Who Teamed Up To Enthrone Calamity In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.