Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,372 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail (20045 Views)

Naira Marley, Gbadamosi And Wife Granted Bail; To Be Arraigned In Court Today / Kemi Olunloyo Shows The Marks Inflicted On Her By Armed Robbers (Photos) / Naira Marley Granted Bail After 10 Days In Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by GoodFaith: 7:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
neocortex:

When the petitioner has enough money to throw around,
anything is possible in Nigeria.

Price of a corrupt government and police
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Annie939(f): 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
allrightsir:

she missed the whole Dino saga!!! I'm sure she would have had something to say about who is doing ritual!!
am telling you she talks more than SR
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by GoodFaith: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
liveshady:

Check criminal code regarding ?
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by sureheaven(m): 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sure she would have learnt enuf lesson.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
FTBOY:
nigeria and backwardness!

since when did defamation become a criminal offence in law?

she could have only been sued for emotional damages and character assassination (and any other big grammar), not for crime.

Part of her charge had "cyber crime"... So that's why she was taken to the prison,, and from the report above, the judge struck it out, and granted bail to her. So they are in order.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by GoodFaith: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
sunshyne20:

Part of her charge had "cyber crime"... So that's why she was taken to the prison,, and from the report above, the judge struck it out, and granted bail to her. So they are in order.
what is a cyber crime?
Hacking
Any criminal activity using internet
use internet to take somebody money
or arrange any criminal activity
Fool and corrupt police

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by onyxo76(m): 7:24pm On Mar 30, 2017
Sometimes that mouth can really put one into trouble, na that freeze guy suppose try keep im mouth shut now.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
Actuarydeji:
Seriously I love this woman. More power to your elbows Madam. I love you

Will you still like her if she says all your male family members suck cöcks? This witch says anything in her evil imagination
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Googleus(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
#Aunt-kemi, #HNNAFRICA#while-u-were-away... Uncle senator Dino was accused of graduating in 2000,but started NYSC 1999...Mr Sawore has bn asked to go find 5BILLION naira ooo cos he accused uncle Dino of FRN

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by baby124: 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thank God for you Aunty kemi. Please get a lawyer and sue the police, judge and the pastor. Nonsense. What yeye bail is that.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Flaghouse1: 7:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
GoodFaith:

what is a cyber crime?
Hacking
Any criminal activity using internet
use internet to take somebody money
or arrange any criminal activity
Fool and corrupt police

Thanks for the clarification, people don't really understand what cyber crime is all about,what she should be charged for or taking to court for should be defamation of character which is. a civil offence that remains bailable
The onus lies with her to prove that the statement or comments she made about the pastor is valid by producing convincing evidence to the court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by xtervaganza(m): 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:
Defamation should be a civil offence, not a criminal one. Since when did one need to be bailed for defamation? This is bad
exactly the same thing I've been telling oneumu online since morning ooo
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by GoodFaith: 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Flaghouse1:

Thanks for the clarification, people don't really understand what cyber crime is all about,what she should be charged for or taking to court for should be defamation of character which is. a civil offence that remains bailable
The onus lies with her to prove that the statement or comments she made about the pastor is valid by producing convincing evidence to the court
You can not arrest any person for civil case or offense
It go through the civil court
The outcome for any civil case most time is money judgement
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Exempted: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2017
go and sin no more
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by greatman247(m): 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
ESDKING:
Only if she would learn her lesson.

I know she won't and she will be disgrace over and over again. Foolish woman always in the habit of writing unconfirmed stories to bring people that are greater than her down.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by amdoyin82(m): 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Young03:
she go begin post worst now
I tell you.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by limamintruth: 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:
Defamation should be a civil offence, not a criminal one. Since when did one need to be bailed for defamation? This is bad

Defamation is a criminal offense under the Criminal & Penal Codes of Southern and Northern Nigeria respectively.
Whereas libel & slander are civil wrongs.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by kingzizzy: 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
limamintruth:

Defamation is a criminal offense under the Criminal & Penal Codes of Southern and Northern Nigeria respectively.
Whereas libel & slander are civil wrongs.

Really? Then that is very bad. Defamation should be a civil offence. Im shocked that Nigeria that claims to be a democracy actually criminalised defamation. Terrible
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by limamintruth: 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:

Really? Then that is very bad. Defamation should be a civil offence. Im shocked that Nigeria that claims to be a democracy actually criminalised defamation. Terrible

Victims are given the opportunity to seek remedy either under criminal law or civil law. As a criminal wrong, it's 'defamation'; while as a civil wrong, it's 'slander or libel'.
It's a serious offense that can kill or even permanently ruin one's reputation in the society.
That has been the position since independence.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Ashleydolls(f): 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:
Search me ooooo my brother search me. The legal system is just turning into something else. And to think people will not see anything bad in it
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Flaghouse1: 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
limamintruth:

Victims are given the opportunity to seek remedy either under criminal law or civil law. As a criminal wrong, it's 'defamation'; while as a civil wrong, it's 'slander or libel'.
It's a serious offense that can kill or even permanently ruin one's reputation in the society.
That has been the position since independence.

DELAW!!!
you just explained it in simpler term
So how would you relate this case with that of sahara reporters and Dino. Undler which classification will it fall,as to me I see no difference with both but different treatment based on status

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Thessysol(m): 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
kingzizzy:
Section 373 of the Criminal Code applicable in the south makes Defamation a criminal offence.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by beautyzee(f): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
onyxo76:
Sometimes that mouth can really put one into trouble, na that freeze guy suppose try keep im mouth shut now.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by limamintruth: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Flaghouse1:

DELAW!!!
you just explained it in simpler term
So how would you relate this case with that of sahara reporters and Dino. Undler which classification will it fall,as to me I see no difference with both but different treatment based on status

Dino intends to file the case against sahara as a civil suit. That is why he intends claiming damages.

The penalties for defamation under criminal law are either imprisonment for a specified term (usually a short prison term) or court fine.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Flaghouse1: 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
limamintruth:

Dino intends to file the case against sahara as a civil suit. That is why he intends claiming damages.

The penalties for defamation under criminal law are either imprisonment for a specified term (usually a short prison term) or court fine.

If not for the fact that defamation can lead to death with people who are not emotion ally strong .ir is supposed to be regarded as a civil case, so what I am saying in rsdencr is that tweaking our laws as far as this discourse is concerned may not be feasible
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by limamintruth: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Flaghouse1:

If not for the fact that defamation can lead to death with people who are not emotion ally strong .ir is supposed to be regarded as a civil case, so what I am saying in rsdencr is that tweaking our laws as far as this discourse is concerned may not be feasible

Yep.
The chances of amending the law is very slim I must say.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Adeyeancah(m): 9:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
Honestly, Aunt kemi is a pretty woman wink
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Flaghouse1: 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
Adeyeancah:
Honestly, Aunt kemi is a pretty woman wink

Yeye man,you want to toast her !
Re: Kemi Olunloyo Granted Bail by Moletemike: 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
jbcul4ril:
Idle old woman.
I hope you have learnt your lesson now?
HaHaHaHa! EVEN IF SHE HAS LEARNT HER LESSON, PORT HARCOURT CAN KEEP HER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Paddy Adenuga Rude And Pompous? / Sex For Grades Lecturers: Toke Makinwa Reacts / Ibrahim Chata: Film Awards In Nigeria Are Not Credible Enough, Do Not Vote 4 Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.