Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,482 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? (27135 Views)

How Safe Is The Fingerprint Sensor On Your Phone / My Tecno Phantom 8 Unboxing — What's With The Fingerprint Magnet? / The Fingerprint Reader On Your Phone May Not Be As Secure As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
Ola2Ola:

Now I think m lost

Don't be, iPhone started it with the iPhone 5s
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by femiebun: 10:49pm On Mar 31, 2017
creed266:

innjoo ke? that one i cant even believe
lol me sef that one is not even possible
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by brainbox2014(m): 11:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
Smallbaby:
So I was arguing with a colleague yesterday about the company that first brought fingerprint Technology to Nigeria. I said it was Infinix, but she said no that it was one other brand like that. Since we tried Google and it not help matters, I decided to bring it on here, which phone company first brought Fingerprint technology in Nigeria first. Thank you.

My friend had one of these premium Nokia series 5 years ago and it had a fingerprint sensor.
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Kfed4ril(m): 11:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
Glory12345:
i disagree to that tho coz it was infinix dat i knew first oo

Very soon you people will say infinix started the non removal battery, micro and nano sim, no memory card slot etc.
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Kfed4ril(m): 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
Preye1599:
So you mean fingerprint tech got to Nigeria last year because Infinix started it last year

Oga leave am, he's either a small boy or a local champion.

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by cadiz: 11:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
brainbox2014:

My friend had one of these premium Nokia series 5 years ago and it had a fingerprint sensor.
everyone has even forgotten that nokia was there before, nokia may truly be the first to introduce it in nigeria
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by creed266: 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
but this is a tricky question in a way sha, nobody can be sure of the exact answer
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Thollex(m): 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nokia
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Lonan: 11:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
creed266:
but this is a tricky question in a way sha, nobody can be sure of the exact answer
thats true, unless its clearly stated online
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 01, 2017
passyaba:
May be hot s sha
if it's that then i agree. the camera quality is on point
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by nynyola123: 12:32am On Apr 01, 2017
IpostStuff:

Yeah the material is quite nice, it's fire resistant and gives the phone a Solid build and feel
Yeah. I saw it and i like it. Funny how I never noticed it before makes me want to get zero 2 but that's not possible when there's zero 4 plus somewhere waiting for me
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by SlyCharlie(m): 7:07am On Apr 01, 2017
lilmisspenney:

Hot. S Are u shitting me??
Tell me u are joking right??
Whatever happened to Iphone 5s, Htc max and Samsung galaxy S5 that were released in 2013/2014??
Hot S of last year... Nothing I. Won't see on Nairaland
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by SlyCharlie(m): 7:12am On Apr 01, 2017
Teeboi56:

No no no it was tecno phantom 5 check Google very well
Tecno.. Like seriously??
And u even quoted google..
Its like ur version of google is adulterated
Cmon man, Apple was the first to incorporate finger print stuff in the Nigerian market with iphone 5s, Samsung followed suit, there was then HTC who may even have had it b4 the other two.....
Tecno, Infinix and Innjoo are kids man
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by smithblink0052(f): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2017
Kfed4ril:

The first company to incorporate the finger print technology is Apple(iPhone) then followed by Samsung.

When did infinix start producing finger print phones self?
I didn't knw all these but wat I think is infinix made it popular in naija
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by emmavis4u0052(m): 8:12am On Apr 01, 2017
Lonan:

if i were to say infinix, i would say they made it more popular but it would be hard to agree on them being the first
yea I think I might agree with u dat dey made it popular in Nigeria
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by daddykalid101: 8:23am On Apr 01, 2017
smithblink0052:

yes they made it popular to people and dre availability was superb
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by passyaba: 8:42am On Apr 01, 2017
lilmisspenney:

Very cool n its d first I saw with my eyes to v fingerprint technology in Nigeria
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by fashrola(m): 8:56am On Apr 01, 2017
First fingerprint sensor on a phone was on Toshiba G500(windows phone) along with G900. Just a little later HTC joined the league and launched HTC P6500.

Note Toshiba G500 was released year 2007

The modern-day fingerprint scanner revolution started from the time iPhone 5S was launched and the TouchID was something which attracted people
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Kfed4ril(m): 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
smithblink0052:

iPhone made it popular, I and my friends have been using finger print phones since 2014.

So it's either you are new to the phone world or you have never heard of iPhone or Samsung.
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by smithblink0052(f): 1:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Kfed4ril:

iPhone made it popular, I and my friends have been using finger print phones since 2014.

So it's either you are new to the phone world or you have never heard of iPhone or Samsung.
I mean wat made it popular in Nigeria not the first to bring it
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by smithblink0052(f): 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
daddykalid101:

yes they made it popular to people and dre availability was superb
that's what am saying cos I can't really tell if it was first brought to NIG by infinix
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by daddykalid101: 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
smithblink0052:

that's what am saying cos I can't really tell if it was first brought to NIG by infinix
i dont think so my dear,but infinix also brought up dre own fingerprint product
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by opeyemithought: 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2017
EniolaO:
hmmmmmm Issokai.... let the debate begin
are you sure you got it from the right source
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
passyaba:

Very cool n its d first I saw with my eyes to v fingerprint technology in Nigeria
i first saw ot on hot 4 sha
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
SlyCharlie:

Hot. S Are u shitting me??
Tell me u are joking right??
Whatever happened to Iphone 5s, Htc max and Samsung galaxy S5 that were released in 2013/2014??
Hot S of last year... Nothing I. Won't see on Nairaland
what has fingerprint got to do with camera?
i was talking about camera
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by smithblink0052(f): 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2017
daddykalid101:

i dont think so my dear,but infinix also brought up dre own fingerprint product
I knw n dats what I believe n seen . the first fingerprint technology phone I saw withy eyes was frm infinix
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by stonemind(f): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
smithblink0052:

I think you are high from a cheap useless drug! Hiaaan pretty girl like you.

#teamItel
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by creed266: 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
stonemind:

I think you are high from a cheap useless drug! Hiaaan pretty girl like you.

#teamItel
on top itel that didnt even make list you are there feeling fly undecided
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by SlyCharlie(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
creed266:
on top itel that didnt even make list you are there feeling fly undecided
The first one u saw was infinix.. That's cool.. . That doesn't mean there were the first to introduce it to the Nigerian market.. Iphone 5s did that in 2013 Samsung S5 followed a year later ;-)
Re: Which Phone Company First Brought The Fingerprint Technology To Nigeria? by creed266: 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
SlyCharlie:

The first one u saw was infinix.. That's cool..
That doesn't mean there were the first to introduce it to the Nigerian market..
Iphone 5s did that in 2013
Samsung S5 followed a year later ;-)
i dont remember saying it was infinix, i dont even think it was infinix but i have noticed you are alive and well, thank you for your hard work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MTN Unveils 'Man In The Box' In Lagos - Pictures / Glo Introduces ‘no Conditions’ Tariff Plan: Offers 25k Per Second / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.