Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration (58389 Views)

Corper Abu Bakr Bilyamin Receives N198,000 Instead Of N19,800 Monthly Allawee / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / What To Do During NYSC To Secure An Internship/job Afterwards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Jeffy1206(m): 11:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
Wish I had something like this embarassed... Currently in Abia state which is the worst place to be cry cry my only consolation is that it's not really far from my Home sad. I regret including it in my options...

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by graychuks(m): 11:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
As a proud kano Corper ....the Op has said it all ,apart from sharia in kano which doesn't really matter ,kano is home to cheap food ,fruits, etc the cost of leaving here is really cool compared to some other states ,this is coming from some one who is based in lag and understands the uselessness of 19800 .well I'm an A16 Corper and I'm happy I didn't redeploy ,what is the need of choosing a place you already know the outcome ,that really kills the fun in it, I'm a fruit lover ,and kano made me eat fruits like the likes of watermelon, guava,garden egg ,carbbage,carrot ,date ,cucumber etc to an extent it waste,in between i serve in a village ,kura. Local government to be precise ,one good thing I love about here is that all village ppa ,maintain and equip their lodge ,the rooms are shared one person to a room ,and trust me this is not obtainable in other states ,kano is home to various businesses such as clothing materials, spare parts ,agricultural products ,hides and skin ,gold etc .and the good news is the state has started paying corpers hopefully. Serving in kano has helped me remove and abstract bias of ethnicity ,religious and tribal bigotry..

N.B - Nysc is all about service to your fatherland ..make that a priority.. Wee!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
mrphysics:

2014 is three years ago. Bros, Kano is better now.
seun, Lalasticlala, what are you waiting for. I just killed a snake in Kano state
This really got me laughing..... Definitely a snake forum

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Ucbiu(m): 11:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
Kano ta dabo,

Ko dame kazo Anfika,

Me dala da goron dutse,

Me mata me mota,

Proud to be kanawan dabo kun sayar kun sace.

And all those flat head afonjas and Igbos are calling us pest, go and fall inside lagoon. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Kfed4ril(m): 12:05am On Apr 01, 2017
noziz:

Bros thanks for this useful info. Kano on my mind. i really nid where the cost of living is cheap cos the allawe is nothing to write home about. cud u suggest other states where cost of living is also cheap and viable opportunities? thanks once again

if you are looking for a cheap place I think it's more of the north than south, I think the only state in the entire south that is favorable to 19800 is Oyo state(Ibadan exclusive).

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by jojothegreat(m): 12:07am On Apr 01, 2017
Straight facts...
Kano is one great and developed state in Nigeria people do underestimate..
That's cus they've never been there and its in the north..
With as low as N200 you can feed for a day.
grin
I just enjoyed Kano so much when i was there...
I lived then in Sabon Gari Shaa...
Life is still easier and comfortable there compared to other states..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by FriendNG: 12:09am On Apr 01, 2017
joinnow:
Development
So many persons who have not being to kano think that the city is not developed simply because it is located in the north. The reverse is the case. The truth is that, Kano is more developed than Akwa Ibom ( I have been to this state severally), Enugu, and other states. The [b]infrastructural development in Kano beats that of kaduna, [/b]so feel free, you are coming to the biggest city in the North.

Light yes they always take it on Sunday (I believe you know why)
Security haba u cannot compare Abuja or akwa IBM to Kano joor

But my highlighted bros easy now Kd get more in term of infrastructure.

If kano should remain idle, it will take Kaduna more than 20 years to match the infrastructure of Kano.

Stop comparing Kano with any northern state because people will laugh at you. There is nothing to write home about Kaduna when compared with Kano.

bjhaid:
kaduna is more developed than Kano

Unbelievable story even by the Kaduna indigenes who have been to Kano.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by ammamat(f): 12:22am On Apr 01, 2017
life in some part of north is cheap not in a place like taraba coz we are suffering here oh...specially on water.hotels don't even allow us to fatch water..no state allowee, is only private that are paying 3k ..govt pays nothing...we are buying a gallon of water 30naira....19800 is everything...your transportation to ur ppa 4 times a week....hummm but funny enough I didn't choose taraba
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by castrokins(m): 12:28am On Apr 01, 2017
OP's Problem Isn't Kano, It's Distinguishing Between Being And Been.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by cybug: 12:31am On Apr 01, 2017
Kano- one of the easiest state to succeed in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:39am On Apr 01, 2017
olajidetoheeb:
nice 1 bro, kano on my mind

Bro if u choose to believe me, it will pay you because I'm currently serving in Kano

1. Kano state government does not pay allowance unless they start tomorrow

2. That things are cheap is not everywhere but depends on location of ur ppa, if you live in Sabon gari where I live, you will buy things like u are in south south or south east

3. Electricity is only good in few places but not everywhere

4. The people there who are good are really good but the silly people there are extremely, my brother, extremely, pls what did I say, extremely annoying

Mind you, all I'm telling you is not to condemn Kano, it is a nice place to be, a really developed place that I'm planning to stay on if God accepts my wishes but I'm only trying to correct the wrong notion this post may have created in u.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by badman007(m): 12:41am On Apr 01, 2017
Fundamentalist:

What is scary about abstaining from immoral acts like fornication, adultery, indecent dressing, alcohol consumption, blasphemy etc.

If your beliefs are that of the christain religion , I see no concrete reasons why you should be afraid.

Immoral acts as mentioned above are strongly opposed by the christain bible. Its only if you want us to be hipocritic.

None but ourselves can free our minds. You are a slave to religion, slave boy, Slave.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by yuzafsif: 12:47am On Apr 01, 2017
tnx mrphysics for hailing my state. Kano is my state and I served there coz of the simplicity and good standard of living I had so many friends grom different part of the country especially south east and all those south states. They always said wow Yusuf Kano is very liveable. Wallahi some of them are still in Kano coz they secured Jobs. So Kano all the way joorrr.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by amokeme(f): 12:56am On Apr 01, 2017
Curiouscat:
Thanks for your swift response. The "EMO delivery ", can I get their contact? Maybe they can be of help in a way. Thanks once again.
I normally communicate with them through their IG (instagram) page @emo_kano

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 01, 2017
Heeyhun:

Yes B16
okay
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mercyland93(m): 1:12am On Apr 01, 2017
Can somebody enlightened me. Ar u now meant to pick ur preferred state for NYSC urself ? Becus during our time, we were been posted.
Or u influence ur posting.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by AMvanquish: 1:21am On Apr 01, 2017
Curiouscat:
Sorry.... This might not follow the discussion here. But since you guys are about Kano, I will like to know of any Eatery/Restaurant offering deliver service withing Kano metropolis. A suggestion will be appreciated.

You can find numerous kano eatries on instagram.. Start with @Kanofoodfest tho..

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Chriswazo(m): 1:25am On Apr 01, 2017
bjhaid:
kaduna is more developed than Kano

that's what i think too but many people think otherwise o

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by AMvanquish: 1:42am On Apr 01, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Excuse me sir.
I do not speak from hearsay.

I have lived and worked in Kano. I have stayed in Nassarawa GRA and Sabon Gari. I even had a government appointment after NYSC and was posted to Gwarzo.

The foreigners in Kano live in a state of siege.
The Ibo traders living in Sabon-gari sleep with one eye open.
They have armories where they store their weapons in preparation for the next crisis.

On friday the almajiris come out of nowhere and flood the city begging. Some people call them 'Kano choristers'.
God bless you if they decide to mob you

While it is true that there is violence everywhere in Nigeria, the violence in the North is unpredictable, sporadic and fueled by politics and religion.
People are killed for things they know nothing about and corpers are targets. Nobody will attack and kill you in Akwa-Ibom because somebody in a market somewhere insulted Jesus Christ.

If you are looking for examples of unprovoked Kano violence then you are certainly not a citizen of Nigeria or you have been hiding under a rock for a long while. A simple google search will reveal incidents of violence in Kano against settlers dating back to 1922.

You northerners (which I assume you to be) are so wearying. undecided angry

Sorry! What year are you referring to?? Because last time i remember, peace reigns if there is no provocation.. All violence in the past was provoked by an incident.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by golddeejay(m): 2:14am On Apr 01, 2017
True...but never consider Kano if the election is near or stay in Sabon garri.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Papertrail11(m): 2:19am On Apr 01, 2017
twistyboy:
my friend shut up I am a serving corp member in Kano state precisely the ones that would be passing out next week Friday......kano is bleeped I repeat is bleeped,when posted der run 4 your dear life especially girls......you would be out from civilization....

thank you

so wait u can't yansh or toast girl there or wat pls be a lil detailed
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by mohammad11: 2:22am On Apr 01, 2017
Thanks @mrphysics
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by kagekunz59(m): 2:23am On Apr 01, 2017
Bro no forget their trade mark hot sun
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by segunk1(m): 2:37am On Apr 01, 2017
Chriswazo:

gringringringringrin, there goes our apriko master! continue looking for 40 naira tomatoes and 10 naira pepper, gringringringrin
Segunk1, call others may d come see how free things wan carry our guy.
But excuse o, I am still ccontemplating between Kadunna and Kano ooo, hmmm! I c u are made up already.

Abulor abeg no dey mention me near all those hausa states abeg I don already develop phobia for those states I swear, Don't want to goan die before my time pls.

Leave bashnigga now let him continue, shebi he wants to be cooking a big pot of soup with #150 tooorh, let him carry on, we go dey greet eashoda for fone and whatsapp. @bashnigga **chop kiss** ayam not going with you.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by Blue3k(m): 3:05am On Apr 01, 2017
Sounds Excellent for people who want to serve. Always keep open mind but stay safe though.
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by MrBen10(m): 3:17am On Apr 01, 2017
noziz:

Jesus! 2k? shocked sorry what is FCE? cud u send me your email? i want us to chat privately.

Federal College Of Education
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by erayo2GCA(m): 3:25am On Apr 01, 2017
Fundamentalist:

What is scary about abstaining from immoral acts like fornication, adultery, indecent dressing, alcohol consumption, blasphemy etc.

If your beliefs are that of the christain religion , I see no concrete reasons why you should be afraid.

Immoral acts as mentioned above are strongly opposed by the christain bible. Its only if you want us to be hipocritic.

shut up your mouth there, as if more than 100% Muslim are not doing it (fornication, adultery, indecent dressing, alcohol consumption, blasphemy) i have lived in the same compound with muslims from the north all they know how to do is to take Codeine, Rohypnol, Diazepan, Tramadol, crack, weed, excessive smoking of cigarette, hashish, fornication, womanizing and all sort of social vices just name it. i'm not talking about just 10 or 15 Muslims guys i'm talking about 200 and above because the compound is a 3 storey building with more than 45 apart (sitting room, living room, kitchen etc ) some of them can be up-to 16 person in one apartment, the girls covering themselves like masquerade is worse because they are all LovePeddler. if you like believe if you like don't, i have said my own. it what i saw in Accra and HNAUB

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by thexzy(m): 3:26am On Apr 01, 2017
What is the gain out of this marketing strategy? Kano and Akwa Ibom na mates before?....kano is an ancient town and at such should have been developed since 1960. Not only Kano that we have cheap food stuffs and other benefits....check other Northern states too (Benue_food basket of the nation) you will over-save, Zaria is good. Am just surprised as Akwa ibom of yesterday is now used as a yardstick to measure things.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by thexzy(m): 3:30am On Apr 01, 2017
kagekunz59:
Bro no forget their trade mark hot sun
you must turn-black by all means
Re: Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration by muhammad72(m): 3:50am On Apr 01, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Bro if u choose to believe me, it will pay you because I'm currently serving in Kano

1. Kano state government does not pay allowance unless they start tomorrow

2. That things are cheap is not everywhere but depends on location of ur ppa, if you live in Sabon gari where I live, you will buy things like u are in south south or south east

3. Electricity is only good in few places but not everywhere

4. The people there who are good are really good but the silly people there are extremely, my brother, extremely, pls what did I say, extremely annoying

Mind you, all I'm telling you is not to condemn Kano, it is a nice place to be, a really developed place that I'm planning to stay on if God accepts my wishes but I'm only trying to correct the wrong notion this post may have created in u.

Guy. Go look for your state allowance from your local government inspector. I served in kano 2014/2015 and I was receiving the 5k. I served at Tarauni Local government secretariat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

2 Ebonyi Corpers To Wed, Pre-wedding Photos Released / NYSC Program May Be Scrapped As Discontinuation Bill Gets 2nd Reading / FG Increases NYSC Allowance To N49,800 - APC Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.