Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? (26718 Views)

3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos / 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary / How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Ezedon(m): 7:45am On Apr 01, 2017
No meaningful savings after survival

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by napoleon77(m): 7:45am On Apr 01, 2017
Some people who are unemployed survive without income so why not?

Some security men in Abuja earn N40k per month and survive. Abuja has lots of very very junior civil servants and construction workers who survive on that.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by justwise(m): 7:46am On Apr 01, 2017
igwegeorgiano:
if you are staying at outskirt of town. you can manage but ensure your workplace falls within the same axis

Give example of any town outside Abuja and the cost of rent there then how long he has to travel to work

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ilyasom(m): 7:46am On Apr 01, 2017
I've lived in abuja for 20 years now. You can survive with the money but you'll live a very frugal lifestyle, you'll live in one of the villages in the satellite towns and that also means spending huge amount on tp to your work place

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Elnida: 7:46am On Apr 01, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,
Please I need your opinion on this, " can someone earning as low as 40k survive in Abuja? owing to the fact that cost of living is high in Abuja.

where do you stay, let's start from their.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 01, 2017
Abuja is so versatile that it could accommodate any level of income earners. With 20k as your salary, you can still live and survive in Abuja.

There are several suburb part of Abuja thhat the cost of living is minimally cheap and affordable.

Places like Kubwa, Lugbe, Kunchingoro, Karomanjigi, Chikka, Piwe etcetera. It all depend on how well you plan yourself.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by justwise(m): 7:48am On Apr 01, 2017
napoleon77:

Some security men in Abuja earn N40k per month and survive. Abuja has lots of very very junior civil servants and construction workers who survive on that.

You are not being realistic

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Flickzvill(m): 7:49am On Apr 01, 2017
Yes depends on the place like wuye,kwali,gwagwalada,apo,military cemetery you can survive dia but abj Is hard o u can luk for a roommate so u guys can survive together 40k won't reach anywhere me that receive 160k per month I still know how abj hard and how naira consuming abj is

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Boyooosa(m): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2017
Na we dey for here! 40k can only allow you to go to work for 40 years if you do not change your lifestyle.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Moving4: 7:53am On Apr 01, 2017
It will be very tough which will even means closing ur eyes to so many things...
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 01, 2017
Yes you can. @least am surving with 40k in gwagwalada... including feeding, house rent nd i still send money home. everything depend on proper planning. You don't save what is left after spending but rather spend what is left after saving. Still hoping for better opportunities.

6 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by kindklemz(m): 7:55am On Apr 01, 2017
justwise:

Only if you are living rent-free else 40K will not get you through no matter where you stay in Abuja

You certainly don't know Abuja.
How much do you think all those doing cleaning job earns in Abuja?
What about the security guy maning the gates of companies, the hoteliers?
These guys mostly earn less than 30k.
But hey, they are doing just fine, some have kids.

I know peeps earning 20k that still can afford to have girl friends.

40k will do and you will still have some to save.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by pedrilo: 7:57am On Apr 01, 2017
Living in abj with 40k will break u. Especially wen u enta the main city n see the kind of life they live in abuja main city

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Elnida: 7:58am On Apr 01, 2017
justwise:

Give example of any town outside Abuja and the cost of rent there then how long he has to travel to work

the most obvious place for low income earners is Maraba,Ado, Masaca, Nyanya.. it takes you 100 by Luxury cars to be in town.. Another place is Mpape some even call it Maitama extension. Inside are other places who have cheap and moderate houses of 50,000+ and rugged ones of 30,000. Durumi, Dutse,Jahi 1&2,kado kuchi,Karmo, Wumba,kabusa, Apo village,lokogoma village..it all depends wia U work. but all the aforementioned are cheap.. and with 40,000 and prudence, you have no problem. cool
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by stamapro(m): 7:58am On Apr 01, 2017
40k! Y nt if nt, jst ready 4 suffering n smiling, til e get beta
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by symbianDON(m): 7:59am On Apr 01, 2017
uyplus:

BATCHELOR?? shocked shocked grin lipsrsealed
yes BATCHELOR!!!......an unmarried male bat grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Amajerry83(m): 8:01am On Apr 01, 2017
NO
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by fatdick(m): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2017
napoleon77:

true bro. Even Senior civil servants working in the Federal Ministries (not parastatals) earn very low. If you've ever lived in Lagos, you'll understand that Abuja is cheaper to live in. Like others have said, find accomodation at cheaper settlements like zuba, madalla, airport road, mpape etc., dont eat in eateries for now but instead purchase foodstuff at some cheap markets (zuba, airport road, kuje etc), dont take 'drop' within town, instead opt for 'along' and 'el-rufai buses' for long distance trips e.g Berger-Zuba, Berger-Lugbe, Gwagwalada-Berger etc.
Many lanlords in Abuja started their hustle like this, but are better-off today. Do not despise the days of little beginning. Know thyself!

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by noble71(m): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2017
wink
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by odehaj: 8:05am On Apr 01, 2017
serverconnect:
Yes as a batchelor, but no if you have cocumbines.
grin
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 01, 2017
You can, if only you cut your coat according to your younger brother's size. You should know wat I mean
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Onyeoguego: 8:08am On Apr 01, 2017
eleojo23:
You can survive if you cut your coat according to your size.
The thing with Abuja is that those who earn little try to live like those who earn much in a bid to catch up.
There is a rat race in Abuja and only the wise know their level and take life at their own pace.
Hahahaha

Abj is not abt cutin cut to ur size,u will end up a loner.

just fake ur life dia

#evrytin we do here is fake.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by justwise(m): 8:10am On Apr 01, 2017
kindklemz:

You certainly don't know Abuja.
How much do you think all those doing cleaning job earns in Abuja?
What about the security guy meaning the gates of companies, the hoteliers?
These guys mostly earn less than 30k.
But hey, they are doing just fine, some have kids.

I know peeps earning 20k that still can afford to have girl friends.

40k will do and you will still have some to save.

I know Abuja, lived there from 1993 till 1999, when i visited Nigeria a month ago i spent most of my time in Abuja.

Those cleaners and security guys you talked about are not paying rent, feeding and transport on 30K or less let a lone taking care of wife and kids. They are obviously living with relatives or friends rent free

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by philkay(m): 8:11am On Apr 01, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,
Please I need your opinion on this, " can someone earning as low as 40k survive in Abuja? owing to the fact that cost of living is high in Abuja.

yes, example Corp members (NYSC) remember they are being paid 19800

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Curiouscat: 8:11am On Apr 01, 2017
Where are you paying 120k/year accommodation in Abuja?
ganja06:
Breakdown of how I am surviving
transport 6k i.e 300 x 20 days (I go to work 5 times in a week)
Feeding 18,600k i.e 600 x 31 days (I eat morning and night) you can
Accommodation 10k (I pay 120k for a year)
Total is about 35 k and I pay 2k for my health insurance.
I no get babe for now, I drink occasionally.
You can only save if you cook your food and stay with squat with someone.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by viqtor(m): 8:14am On Apr 01, 2017
With 40k per month my brother you will practically leave from Hand to mouth even if you have accommodation and transport covered
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by mechanics(m): 8:17am On Apr 01, 2017
yeah, by doing other handwork that will fetch you pay.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by justwise(m): 8:17am On Apr 01, 2017
Elnida:

the most obvious place for low income earners is Maraba,Ado, Masaca, Nyanya.. it takes you 100 by Luxury cars to be in town.. Another place is Mpape some even call it Maitama extension. Inside are other places who have cheap and moderate houses of 50,000+ and rugged ones of 30,000. Durumi, Dutse,Jahi 1&2,kado kuchi,Karmo, Wumba,kabusa, Apo village,lokogoma village..it all depends wia U work. but all the aforementioned are cheap.. and with 40,000 and prudence, you have no problem. cool

If he spent average of 30K on rent a lone in one of those places you mentioned how about bills, feeding, transport etc?

Maraba and Nyanya especially are not low income earners zone anymore

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by frank317: 8:20am On Apr 01, 2017
Yes.....

If you are fully endowed lady.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by chloedogie(m): 8:20am On Apr 01, 2017
Yes you can with correct sense, bn meticulous and not wasting ur free hours/weekends. I know people tearns 400k but always in red. I reside in abuja but you can also add another stream of income. Ur salary is just what the employer gives u to make u forget ur destiny. But make good use of ur spare time here in Abuja and u will be using that 40k to buy recharge cards. Be prudent and have a non-editable monthly budget. Don't join d group of Car-dropp takers. Join along D0naira taxis and save ur spare money. Don't join d supermarket gang. And with GOD on ur side man u shall succeed. Also pay ur tithe it works for me. And let someone that is not up to ur level eat inside the small u are making.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Elnida: 8:25am On Apr 01, 2017
justwise:

If he spent average of 30K on rent a lone in one of those places you mentioned how about bills, feeding, transport etc?

Maraba and Nyanya especially are not low income earners zone anymore

the 30k is not every month Na..the remaining 11 months will definitely differ.. another way of cutting cost is merging with someone and paying the rent like 15k+15k,feeding & bills. the only left to do as an individual is T-fare.the word merge should be a familiar one for MMM participants cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike / Lady Spotted In Ibadan As A Commercial Okada Rider / President Buhari Nominates 42 Ambassadors

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.