Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? (26716 Views)

3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos / 4 Secret Ways To Survive In Lagos With A Small Salary / How Do People Survive After Losing Their Jobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by golddust6000(m): 10:05am On Apr 01, 2017
justwise:

So tell me in which european country will one live like a star with 100 Euro a month as you claimed before?
kosovo, kanzastan, ukrain, sabia, abania amenia, the list are endless.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Sunnyja: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2017
ganja06:
Breakdown of how I am surviving
transport 6k i.e 300 x 20 days (I go to work 5 times in a week)
Feeding 18,600k i.e 600 x 31 days (I eat morning and night) you can
Accommodation 10k (I pay 120k for a year)
Total is about 35 k and I pay 2k for my health insurance
I drink occasionally.
You can only save if you cook your food and stay with squat with someone.
It means you can never help a family member even at the point of death since there is no budget for it.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 01, 2017
golddust6000:
almost all eastern europe! Ukrain, Russia, lithuania, estonia, sabia, kosovo, albania, kanzastan, geogia. D list are endless. When talking about europe its only western europe are scandinavia are better, the rest are hell hole of a country.
okay! If you put it like that then you may be right. No wonder they are all trooping over here.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by OlabodeAjala(m): 10:14am On Apr 01, 2017
My brother, yes u can. Have been living on 35k monthly right here in Lagos for the past 5years with my wife and a kid. It all depends on you and the way you choose to live ur life,Thanks...
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by justwise(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2017
golddust6000:
kosovo, kanzastan, ukrain, sabia, abania amenia, the list are endless.

You can list as many obscure countries as you like, there is no country in europe where earning 100 euro a month is anything to survive on let alone live like a star. That is poverty properly defined
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by golddust6000(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2017
justwise:

You can list as many obscure countries as you like, there is no country in europe where earning 100 euro a month is anything to survive on let alone live like a star. That is poverty properly defined
check minimum wage after tax then you will know what i mean. Belarus, bosnia, ukraine
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Bimpe29: 10:22am On Apr 01, 2017
Why not, he/she can survive. But, that will depend on some other critical factors e.g; nature of place of residence (a remote, suburb and/or illegal locality), no dependant, no utility bills etc.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by aamstih: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2017
Bro, pls give me the almighty formula!

kindklemz:

You certainly don't know Abuja.
How much do you think all those doing cleaning job earns in Abuja?
What about the security guy meaning the gates of companies, the hoteliers?
These guys mostly earn less than 30k.
But hey, they are doing just fine, some have kids.

I know peeps earning 20k that still can afford to have girl friends.

40k will do and you will still have some to save.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by aamstih: 10:58am On Apr 01, 2017
Welldone.

OlabodeAjala:
My brother, yes u can. Have been living on 35k monthly right here in Lagos for the past 5years with [/b]my wife and a kid[b]. It all depends on you and the way you choose to live ur life,Thanks...
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by aamstih: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2017
Welldone bro... You gave me a good laugh for the weekend ... Drop your contact here make I follow make you smile.

Elnida:

the 30k is not every month Na..the remaining 11 months will definitely differ.. another way of cutting cost is merging with someone and paying the rent like 15k+15k,feeding & bills. the only left to do as an individual is T-fare.the word merge should be a familiar one for MMM participants cool
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 11:07am On Apr 01, 2017
I once earn 13k somtime ago(3 months) in Abuja and I survive wit my wife and nw God answered my prayer and giv me beta job that I earned more than b4. So its all depend on hw u manage urself. I only take Black Bullet once in a month and after dat alomo bitter, pasa bitter and jedi-jedi if i'm feeling to take anythin nd its not @ all time. I live in Kagini Extension after Kubwa.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2017
I once earn 13k somtime ago(3 months) in Abuja and I survive wit my wife and nw God answered my prayer and giv me beta job that I earned more than b4. So its all depend on hw u manage urself. I only take Black Bullet once in a month and after dat alomo bitter, pasa bitter and jedi-jedi if i'm feeling to take anythin nd its not @ all time. I live in Kagini Extension after Kubwa. U can send me msg on whatsapp tru dis no. if u need house @ cheap price: 08068354641
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ganja06(m): 11:08am On Apr 01, 2017
Curiouscat:
Where are you paying 120k/year accommodation in Abuja?
Dutse makaranta
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by justwise(m): 11:11am On Apr 01, 2017
oluwaseunamos33:
I once earn 13k somtime ago(3 months) in Abuja and I survive wit my wife and nw God answered my prayer and giv me beta job that I earned more than b4. So its all depend on hw u manage urself. I only take Black Bullet once in a month and after dat alomo bitter, pasa bitter and jedi-jedi if i'm feeling to take anythin nd its not @ all time. I live in Kagini Extension after Kubwa. U can send me msg on whatsapp tru dis no. if u need house @ cheap price: 08068354641

..before dropping your number for cheap accommodation can you tell us how you managed to survive on 13K a month with your wife for 3months?
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Originalsly: 11:12am On Apr 01, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,
Please I need your opinion on this, " can someone earning as low as 40k survive in Abuja? owing to the fact that cost of living is high in Abuja.
Manyyyyy are living there with less....and they're not homeless.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 11:17am On Apr 01, 2017
That 40k is just like 40million to some other pple. That 40k is enough 4 me to contest for my Local Govt. Chairman comin election and I will win. So my bro, the fact is; wit God all things are possible. U can be managin wit dat for now and later on beta job will comes, its just a matter of time and patient.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ganja06(m): 11:24am On Apr 01, 2017
adorable29:

But you will buy water, clothes, slippers, stuff in your room, internet subscription, barb hair, phone. toiletries, NEPA bill, repairs etc na

Just admit you get stuff from relatives too jor

How I survive is a mystery to me. To be honest, since I left home after service I have never asked for one naira from my parents, rather I sent some money to them for Christmas, though I was staying with a cousin when I came to abuja, I have to rent my own house when he told me he wants to marry and his wife was coming to stay with him. Till today he still never marry and the girl never come, though he told me after he heard that I have rented my own house that he will not marry the girl again.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by ganja06(m): 11:30am On Apr 01, 2017
Sunnyja:
It means you can never help a family member even at the point of death since there is no budget for it.
I dont pray for that, but my family knows I dont have a good paying job for now. So they dont demand from me.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by sipsip(m): 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
Baba, just relocate to Ibadan and live like a king.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by deanoffaculty: 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Donsammi:

kubwa cheap?

hell no except you are referring to kubwa village market axis.banzago pipeline byzahin axis.

Yes....kubwa village/ pipeline axis ..not those Federal housing area or those estates. I'm just viewing it that one can start from one of those areas and move to better areas after some times.
If not for those villages in Abuja, people would have packed their loads out of Abuja cos of high cost of accommodation. You know what I mean na......... grin; D;
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by toocoded: 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
sipsip:
Baba, just relocate to Ibadan and live like a king.
How
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Ivoo(m): 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
bhouze:
I earn 40k and i live in Abj but i am gonna show you how i survive.
1. I dont compare myself with other people
2. I stay at Jahi very close to my workplace and my annual rent is 100k (very conducive environment though i'm lucky in this aspect)
3. TP to my work place to and fro is #200 and as such #4,800 in a month i work for six days in a week
4 I buy foodstuff and other miscellaneous expenses of 10k to 15k depending on what is not available per month ( But i must confess that things are very difficult now with the daily hike in the prices of food stuff so i had to spend more to around 20k now per month.)
5. i save about 15 to 20k monthly from wich i pay my rent whenever it is due but i am really looking for a better pay Job to save decently so i can marry wink
6. I dont womanize.
This is exactly what I meant!
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by blackboy(m): 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2017
cheesy
serverconnect:
Yes as a bachelor, but no if you have cocumbines.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Zane2point4(m): 12:51pm On Apr 01, 2017
bhouze:
I earn 40k and i live in Abj but i am gonna show you how i survive.
1. I dont compare myself with other people
2. I stay at Jahi very close to my workplace and my annual rent is 100k (very conducive environment though i'm lucky in this aspect)
3. TP to my work place to and fro is #200 and as such #4,800 in a month i work for six days in a week
4 I buy foodstuff and other miscellaneous expenses of 10k to 15k depending on what is not available per month ( But i must confess that things are very difficult now with the daily hike in the prices of food stuff so i had to spend more to around 20k now per month.)
5. i save about 15 to 20k monthly from wich i pay my rent whenever it is due but i am really looking for a better pay Job to save decently so i can marry wink
6. I dont womanize.

God bless you bro, you will excel.
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
ganja06:
I drink occasionally.
but guy you can aswell stock your kitchen every month with that 18.6k, Instead of visiting mama put every morning and evening. Or you dont just like cooking?
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Vanshmuell(m): 12:58pm On Apr 01, 2017
able88:
Hi Nlanders,
Please I need your opinion on this, " can someone earning as low as 40k survive in Abuja? owing to the fact that cost of living is high in Abuja.
40K as the only source of income?... If yes, it will be hard.. I mean like hardship
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
golddust6000:
guy with that amouth you can live like a star in some part of Europe. Most european countries pay less than that.
Egbon, abeg na which part of Europe?
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by modelsms10: 1:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
ganja06:
I drink occasionally.
Which type of insurance is that. And don't you have siblings, relatives or friends you give things to occasionally?
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Donsammi(m): 1:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
deanoffaculty:

Yes....kubwa village/ pipeline axis ..not those Federal housing area or those estates. I'm just viewing it that one can start from one of those areas and move to better areas after some times.
If not for those villages in Abuja, people would have packed their loads out of Abuja cos of high cost of accommodation. You know what I mean na......... grin; D;
lol
fear catch me oo.

am telling yah oo
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
YES, you can...

But lots of Kulli Kulli and garri drinking ahead.

I once survived on a #2500 stipend monthly and it was Hell beyond what you can imagine.

Thank God i am beyond that stage now.

Tighten your seatbelt. It would be hard but don't give up. GOODLUCK
2,500? That should be 1999 right?
Re: Can Someone Earning 40k Salary Survive In Abuja? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
OlabodeAjala:
My brother, yes u can. Have been living on 35k monthly right here in Lagos for the past 5years with my wife and a kid. It all depends on you and the way you choose to live ur life,Thanks...
Which part of lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

28 Professors Recommended For Demotion In Michael Okpara University, Umudike / Lady Spotted In Ibadan As A Commercial Okada Rider / President Buhari Nominates 42 Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.