Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,587 members, 7,840,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures (8727 Views)

TINUBU - The Destruction Of Yorubaland And Politics / Bola Tinubu Is The New Awolowo Of Yorubaland And The Leader Of Yoruba Race!!! / 80% Of River State is Igbo people, who and why did they cancel Mid West zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2009
a large percentage of the beggars in the southwest are from other countries.

and like I said before, a non-Yoruba in the southwest who isnt doing well financially, isnt likely to advertise this fact to his/her people back home. They'd be more likely to melt into the general populace and be counted among the host's poverty levels.

since you're talking of beggars, check the brothels all over the southwest and find out the percentage of workers there employed as pimps, prostitutes and armed robbers, and see where they come from.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 7:54am On Dec 26, 2009
How many people are Adenuga and Dangote employing; May be 0.0000000001% of the population? The OVERWHELMING majority of employed Nigerians are self employed and those are mostly Igbo. That accounts for the low poverty level among the Igbo stock
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

since you're talking of beggars, check the brothels all over the southwest and find out the percentage of workers there employed as pimps, love-peddlers and armed robbers, and see where they come from.

You tell us since you are a brothel veteran. Where are they from because I have never been to a brothel before and wouldn't know?.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

a large percentage of the beggars in the southwest are from other countries.

and like I said before, a non-Yoruba in the southwest who isnt doing well financially, isnt likely to advertise this fact to his/her people back home. They'd be more likely to melt into the general populace and be counted among the host's poverty levels.

since you're talking of beggars, check the brothels all over the southwest and find out the percentage of workers there employed as pimps, love-peddlers and armed robbers, and see where they come from.

Bloody liar. Hausa, Yoruba top the list of beggars in Lagos.
The pimps and robbers come from everywhere in Nigeria, including Yoruba. Those nu-de dancer girls in clubs had a good number of Yoruba among them. Make I post the link grin grin
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 26, 2009
You must have never travelled outside your village, or else you'd have seen many beggars who are clearly not Nigerians.

Most brothels in the southwest are staffed by non-indigenes.

If you dont know, I'm telling you now.

no be una dey talk say na only una women dey fine and Yoruba women dey ugly? Do the math, check some brothels or ask those who have, and get back to me.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 8:01am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

You must have never travelled outside your village, or else you'd have seen many beggars who are clearly not Nigerians.

Is that what you discovered from your days as a harlot?. So, there are no Yoruba women who are prostitutes?. Where are these non indigenes from, if I may ask?
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:02am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

Most brothels in Lagos could be staffed by Edo, Calabar, Igbo, Yoruba etc girls (most likely in that order). But that does not negate the fact of the topic that poverty is higher in the SW than elsewhere in the south.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 26, 2009
@ aloy emeka

^^ ask people from your area (by people from your area I dont mean Igboland)

they're aware of the statistics unless they work for the same boss as you.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

@ aloy emeka

^^ ask people from your area (by people from your area I dont mean Igboland)

they're aware of the statistics unless they work for the same boss as you.

You are very foolish. Where is my area, if I may ask?. You scumbag.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:06am On Dec 26, 2009
Every Nigerian region has prostitutes in abundance. Yoruba girls may not be well represented in brothels but they are engaged in campus and home prostitution more than others. This is common knowledge. But again, that is not the essence of this thread.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2009
the poverty levels include people from other parts of nigeria who live in the southwest.

campus and home prostitution cut across tribes. My reference to the brothels was a response to your claim about beggars being mainly Yoruba and Hausa.

would you consider a love-peddler working to pay  off a p.imp or madam, rich? They are still poor inasmuch as their earnings arent theirs.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

the poverty levels include people from other parts of nigeria who live in the southwest.

campus and home prostitution cut across tribes. My reference to the brothels was a response to your claim about beggars being mainly Yoruba and Hausa.

would you consider a love-peddler working to pay  off a p.imp or madam, rich? They are still poor inasmuch as their earnings arent theirs.

Assuming your claim is true, so it means that igbos who migrate to the Sw for better economic opportunities do so out of poverty and the ones who remain in the south east are better off?. Wouldn't that render your initial argument useless?
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2009
^^ only if the same holds true for Nigerians who migrate abroad.

are all of them poor or are all of them rich.

are the ones who remain in nigeria better off?

as you can see unless you refuse to, your argument has a flawed analogy.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 8:28am On Dec 26, 2009
Since the high poverty rate in the SW accounts for migrants according to you then, it means that igbos who dominate the migrant population accounts for a large percentage of that statistics and since the SE has the lowest poverty rate, it means igbos andother migrants resident in the SE are better off. If that is true, what makes you think an igbo man will leave his land flowing with milk and honey and migrate to Ago Iwoye?.

If I may ask, are migrants also responsible for the high population of urchins in the south west?
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

Prostitution (brothels, campus, home) cut across tribes but some are more involved than others.

Are prostitu-tes in Nigerian brothels also bondaged to someone? I thought that was for Italo and foreign ones. It is known that they are masters of themselves and all their earnings belong to them. What would a love-peddler in a run-down brothel in Lagos need a madam for?
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 26, 2009
@ aloy emeka

^^ I do hope you know there are other tribes besides Igbo. You no even dey mention your own.

in any case, reread my previous post.

and as has been mentioned before on NL, street urchins arent only from the southwest.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2009
Those articles on almajiri in the South west that made headlines here clearly harped on Yoruba beggars. Fasola also deported fellow Yoruba beggars. Was any Igbo man (even one) deported as a beggar?
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

@ aloy emeka

^^ I do hope you know there are other tribes besides Igbo. You no even dey mention your own.

in any case, reread my previous post.

What is my tribe again? undecided undecided
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:35am On Dec 26, 2009
AloEmeka is Igbo from Aro. He said so himself.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 8:36am On Dec 26, 2009
mekusxxx:

AloEmeka is Igbo from Aro. He said so himself.

When? undecided undecided
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:37am On Dec 26, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176350.0.html

In the thread about Ekpe and Okonko and things like that. Just make sure you do not delete it now
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 8:38am On Dec 26, 2009
If you say so.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:40am On Dec 26, 2009
You said so grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 26, 2009
this is why James Hadley Chase wrote "Believe this and you'll beleive anything" grin
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:44am On Dec 26, 2009
AloyEmeka are you an Igbo or not? Just to reconfirm what you already said grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AloyEmeka6: 8:45am On Dec 26, 2009
Keep guessing. wink wink wink
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by mekusxxx: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2009
Dont need to guess. You already said so and BTW you are not a superstar so why should I care?
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by AjanleKoko: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2009
There's definitely substance in this.
Igbos are probably even the major sources of economic activity in the South West.
Let's not be sentimental about this. We're all concerned about the growing number of idle youth in Yorubaland.
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by nwoorsu: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2009
Igbos are generally well off as a result of self reliance.I'm in Ihioma my hometown cooling off and observing the astonishing level of development.My advice to other Nigerians is that they should take the bull by the horns(like the Igbos) and puverty will be a thing of the past.

1 Like

Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by becomrich16: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
You are wrong Igbo migration has nothing to do with economy reason. It has to do with ecological reason. Erosion is the major problem the igbos have. It may be more difficult building a house in igboland than other part of nigeria. They have ecological problem. 

You can own a house today and erosion take it away. not the economy from what I see on satellite pictures. it is more of ecological problem. too many erosion. And one of the reason for the ecological problem is that the igbos have too many roads. And when you cut of the forest, you create erosion.

And thier villages are small and every man want to be eze. so there are scattered and have road linking all of them. Even if small villages of less than 20 houses, you find 5 to 10 roads linking the villages. That is one of the reason for  their ecological problem. They need to start planting tree with large root along thier roads.  that way, it stop the ecological problem.

Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2009
becomerich

its a combination of various factors with economy topping the list for many
Re: Poverty:Yorubaland and Mid West are Poor And North Most Developed Pictures by becomrich16: 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2009
uche, go to school. i am saying fulani gene in the emir of ilorin is less than 1% , he has 99% yoruba gene. if he want to take a DNA test, it is only $300. Look my classmate is from the same compound with saraki. And even the father is saraki friend childhood friend.  They all have less than 1% Fulani gene in them.  bukola and gbemi knows my classmate. even oloye.

50 %     first generation fulani
25 %      second generation fulani
12.5 %      third generation fulani
6.25 %      fourth  generation fulani
3.125 %      fifth generation fulani
1.562 %      six generation fulani

When you marry a yoruba woman, your gene become 50%.

Next generation goes to 25%
Next generation goes to 12.5% etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

44 Years After Ironsi, Igbo Named Army Chief / Okada Riders Protest At Iyanoba Badagry Expressway / Exposed: Buhari, Amaechi Were Actually Arrested In London (see Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.