Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,999 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog (23954 Views)

3 Most Important Things Men Think About - Bamisepeters' Blog / To Cool An Angry Husband Takes No Stress, Just - Bamisepeters' Blog / Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by obi123: 9:55am On Apr 03, 2017
Men are to provide for the family and if by chance a woman is also providing for the family along with the man as expected by the recent economic brouhaha or whatever the case may be, that doesn't mean that the man should then be forced to do what he doesn't want.

what a load of bollocks

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Amhappy(f): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2017
smartty68:
There's no need sharing the chores equally. The man gets to do the chores at will and not by force.

I agree. Nothing is as sweet as doing things from the heart. Even God loves a cheerful giver.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 11:04am On Apr 03, 2017
Funkybabee:

not really,but u know a small little thing can make a marriage to fall apart e.g are those thing mentioned here. A wife must respect her husband no matter how they were close or know each other, that's how a marriage without crisis can occur becuz men have different character and principles and some woman character can be very worst some times because the day that man refuse to do his duties she mentioned is the day crisis can start and a woman must know how to build her home that' is why I said such man must be very careful.

Really appreciate your responses. Click on my signature, really want response from people like you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2017
obi123:

Men are to provide for the family and if by chance a woman is also providing for the family along with the man as expected by the recent economic brouhaha or whatever the case may be, that doesn't mean that the man should then be forced to do what he doesn't want.

what a load of bollocks
but do you know it doesn't make sense to have said this without correction? I asked for opinion as that was what i thought, i want to learn also like many have learnt one or two things from the thread.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamac(m): 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
Just now where i want to refill my gas cylinder, a little boy has is short jean trouser down and the parents are not there, as i was trying to help the boy pull his jean trouser up a man said he cannot be doing all this nonsense as his own duty is the financial needs of the house, that other chores is not negotiable.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Funkybabee(f): 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
bamisepeters:

Really appreciate your responses. Click on my signature, really want response from people like you.

u are wlcm
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by obi123: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
bamisepeters:
but do you know it doesn't make sense to have said this without correction? I asked for opinion as that was what i thought, i want to learn also like many have learnt one or two things from the thread.

Marriage is all hands on deck, if everyone chips in then the ship wont sink.

why cant everyone just willlingly do stuff around the house why is this an issue in a house that you live in.

Men whose only responsibility is financial end of being divorced from their children , they havent got a clue whats going on with the kids, they expect their mum to know EVERYTHING, forgetting that a child will benefit from both parents involvement in their upbringing .

A woman should not only know how to cook at home , she should be involved in every aspect of that home, to avoid a situation whereby if anything happens to the man then she is clueless and vulnerable , likewise a man , if anything happens to the woman, its easy to run out and go and marry any woman forgetting that not just any woman should be the mother of your children.

my husband gives our son a bath, if i am in the kitchen, he feeds him if i am not around i dont need to thank him why should i ? we dont have any help at home, its just us, i shouldnt force him to do anything that needs doing, he is not doing it for me, we are both doing things that are necessary and not anyones jobs per se .

This idea of its a womans job to do this, its a man's job to do this is why men and women are so stressed up and feel unneccessary pressure in their individual roles whereas if everyone shared in these so called roles , the stress is reduced , men have been paying bills since the begining of time they need help sometimes, women have been taking care of children from the beginnning of time, they need help too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by drkhenny: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
The truth must be told. For any woman to think of sharing chores with her husband is a classical example of a misplaced priority. A responsible and loving husband knows his duty and definetly will know when to help. Its not a duty of a wife to instruct or give orders to her husband. From generation to generations it has been the duty of a woman to take care of the house and a man to provide the needs of the family. For those that think that my wife is working and also making money, then we should share the chores accordingly are just making fool of themselves because for any amount your wife makes it still doesnt belong to you and she wont share it with you. As a woman, if you are an advocate of gender equality, you are gradually destroying your own marriage. Even God said you should respect your husband

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by ChristyB(f): 2:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
In a home where there's love, this means nothing cos the husband will always want to assist.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Sarah20A(f): 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2017
Jay542:

Light throwback. Hypo ti takeover.
jik or hypo I don't care but you need something to make that place whole again undecided
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Sarah20A(f): 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
pocohantas:

LOL...Sarah that's sarcasm na...
really? But that is the truth lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Adek15(m): 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
mifavour:
I don't know about others o but my husband and I work together. If I'm cooking, he's cleaning the house. if I'm bathing the baby, he's dressing him up.

A WOMAN THAT DOESN'T RECEIVE ASSISTANCE FROM HER HUSBAND SHOULD BE PITIED.
cool
But is it that he helps u or you guys shared it.

Just wanna understand
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Jay542(m): 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
Sarah20A:
jik or hypo I don't care but you need something to make that place whole again undecided
Mee??
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by mifavour(f): 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
Adek15:
cool But is it that he helps u or you guys shared it.
Just wanna understand
he actually does it without me asking

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by obi123: 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2017
ChristyB:
In a home where there's love, this means nothing cos the husband will always want to assist.

God bless you for this comment,everything gets done quick because it's all hands on deck
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
obi123:

Marriage is all hands on deck, if everyone chips in then the ship wont sink.

why cant everyone just willlingly do stuff around the house why is this an issue in a house that you live in.

Men whose only responsibility is financial end of being divorced from their children , they havent got a clue whats going on with the kids, they expect their mum to know EVERYTHING, forgetting that a child will benefit from both parents involvement in their upbringing .

A woman should not only know how to cook at home , she should be involved in every aspect of that home, to avoid a situation whereby if anything happens to the man then she is clueless and vulnerable , likewise a man , if anything happens to the woman, its easy to run out and go and marry any woman forgetting that not just any woman should be the mother of your children.

my husband gives our son a bath, if i am in the kitchen, he feeds him if i am not around i dont need to thank him why should i ? we dont have any help at home, its just us, i shouldnt force him to do anything that needs doing, he is not doing it for me, we are both doing things that are necessary and not anyones jobs per se .

This idea of its a womans job to do this, its a man's job to do this is why men and women are so stressed up and feel unneccessary pressure in their individual roles whereas if everyone shared in these so called roles , the stress is reduced , men have been paying bills since the begining of time they need help sometimes, women have been taking care of children from the beginnning of time, they need help too.

please don't be so quick to judge my opinion, we are all learning, you have pointed out many things which you have hidden with your first response. I am not a relationship writer, speaker and counselor that doesn't seek for other people's opinion of things, a tree doesn't make a forest, the day a man stop learning is the day he is called to where he came from. Thank you for taking your time, i do appreciate.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
drkhenny:
The truth must be told. For any woman to think of sharing chores with her husband is a classical example of a misplaced priority. A responsible and loving husband knows his duty and definetly will know when to help. Its not a duty of a wife to instruct or give orders to her husband. From generation to generations it has been the duty of a woman to take care of the house and a man to provide the needs of the family. For those that think that my wife is working and also making money, then we should share the chores accordingly are just making fool of themselves because for any amount your wife makes it still doesnt belong to you and she wont share it with you. As a woman, if you are an advocate of gender equality, you are gradually destroying your own marriage. Even God said you should respect your husband
you raise a valid point many ignored. Thank you for the light you brought to this topic.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Adek15(m): 2:16am On Apr 04, 2017
mifavour:

he actually does it without me asking
good. I would do that again and again for my wife but the day she asks, hmm....
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by mifavour(f): 2:34am On Apr 04, 2017
Adek15:
good. I would do that again and again for my wife but the day she asks, hmm....

if she does it politely nko

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by mikolo80: 5:08am On Apr 04, 2017
keepingmum:
Is it right for you to poke nose into how other couples choose to live their life?
Learn to mind your business
is it right for women to use feminism to increase rate of divorce, single parenthood and gold digging? learn to mind business that affects us all.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by mikolo80: 5:13am On Apr 04, 2017
eyinjuege:
I'm sure a lot of women would be happy to be house wives doing all the chores in their mansions, using the latest G-wagons, wearing the latest Brazilian weaves, using I phone 7, and upgrading to the latest iphones as soon as it comes oyt .
Of course this should be all courtesy of their wonderful all providing husbands.
nothing can satisfy women, nothing
Sighssss... If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.
Women have decided to face the reality heads-on that men cannot be the ultimate providers the world would want them to be. Most understand men are not super human, and cannot cope alone providing for the homes. Many women have taken the role of even sole providers, and co providers.
women have refused to cut their coat according to their cloth
Why is it so difficult for some men to accord their women the same help and assistance in the home? free rent
free food
free protection is now not assistance ba

How would you and your wife both with jobs that are needed to live comfortably as a family expect not to offer assistance in house chores and the homefront. why did she marry somebody who cannot provide for her
Is she a robot/machine? Even robots need rest and regular servicing. Do you want to kill her? nobody forced her to work
It borders on wickedness and even plain evil.
I'm sure her parents that raised her will not be happy knowing she's working her butt off who beg am? did the man complain , gets stuck in traffic and gets home late by 10pm, and starts running around trying to cook something for the oga at the top who got home 6pm, but who's not oga enough to provide all the needs of his family. when she was blinded by love and ring and wedding she no know ba
Anyway, in the real world, the men know when to step in and assist at home, they are hands on parents who take care if their own children.
As if men were not cleaning their homes and feeding themselves before getting married.
will you be happy if your brother chop vegetable?
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by obi123: 9:54am On Apr 04, 2017
bamisepeters:
please don't be so quick to judge my opinion, we are all learning, you have pointed out many things which you have hidden with your first response. I am not a relationship writer, speaker and counselor that doesn't seek for other people's opinion of things, a tree doesn't make a forest, the day a man stop learning is the day he is called to where he came from. Thank you for taking your time, i do appreciate.

you are welcome,, i was a bit hasty with my first response , my apologies
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by bamisepeters(m): 5:20am On Apr 05, 2017
obi123:

you are welcome,, i was a bit hasty with my first response , my apologies
joyfully accepted.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Adek15(m): 11:54am On Apr 06, 2017
mifavour:

if she does it politely nko
I might.. But the way some people are saying 'wife not cook' kinda things, hmm...
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:50am On Apr 12, 2017
raayah:
No, wife has to cook, clean, bath and do all house work. Doesn't matter if she's working 8-5. Husband just needs sex and food.
ur straight up blunt n naughty remarks usually gets to me, ur fun n cool n I like that, can we be friends off here tho..
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 12, 2017
raayah:
No, wife has to cook, clean, bath and do all house work. Doesn't matter if she's working 8-5. Husband just needs sex and food.

Is our work o, #softwork
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Winter4: 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2018
So I think this thread should be revived.

Should Men do Chores
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2018
bamisepeters:
A lady said to me that once she is married, herself and her husband will share the house chores equally especially when they start having children.

I looked at her in amazement and told her that it is very possible she get what she want in her man but she shouldn't be so sure that the particular desire will be granted.

Sharing house chores may work well for some homes especially in western world, but when it comes to house chore, many African men will want to prove to you the reason they are called man,that is when they have so much idea about tradition and culture.

Most men cannot even sweep the floor let alone bath a child. And if you have a man doing some house chores while he was a bachelor and you think that will also still be the case after marriage that should remain in your thought because you know the real identity of each other after the oath has been taken.

Yes, woman are not slaves and shouldn't be treated as one, however, men shouldn't be forced to partake in house chores.

What is the essence of the sharing formula when you still need to go over what he has done because most men cannot do this house chores as neat as a woman can do it.

Personally, i believe a "responsible and caring man" will help you with house chores when he is less busy or when he feels you need to be helped or if his mood allows him.

A responsible man should know how to appreciate and spoil a good woman with gifts and surprises because it is never easy to be a woman who knows her duty.

When you fight for equality among genders i just think we need to apply wisdom.

I know many ladies may not agree with my stand and you a free to share your opinion on this issue.

Source: http://bamisepeters..nl/2017/04/is-it-right-to-share-house-chores.html
You are correct

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 07, 2018
Jman06:
Only lazy men find it hard to do house chores.
They are not necessary lazy because those house chores are easy. Many men don't do house chores( depending on which) because when growing up their parents specify the kind of chores to do. Sweeping, cleaning, cooking are for ladies while fetching of firewood and water is for guys.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Jman06(m): 6:16am On Nov 08, 2018
asuustrike1:

They are not necessary lazy because those house chores are easy. Many men don't do house chores( depending on which) because when growing up their parents specify the kind of chores to do. Sweeping, cleaning, cooking are for ladies while fetching of firewood and water is for guys.
Fetching of firewood and water, cleaning the house, clearing of grasses around the house etc are still house chores and they are not easy! Even cooking and sweeping are not easy tasks... This mindset of yours is the reason why many guys think it's normal to leave their houses unkempt.
Re: Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 08, 2018
Jman06:
Fetching of firewood and water, cleaning the house, clearing of grasses around the house etc are still house chores and they are not easy! Even cooking and sweeping are not easy tasks... This mindset of yours is the reason why many guys think it's normal to leave their houses unkempt.
Those house chores are not difficult. It makes you stronger when many of these tasks are given. Do I support guys not doing those house chores you mentioned? No. But for women to have that mindset that house chores should be shared is a stupid assumption. Do I support men not assisting their wives? No. Infact a guy right from bachelorhood or teenager should perform those house chores. It makes them responsible. Our parents were the ones that sink that idea in us to think certain house chores are for boys and girls. This African mentality had made many to think that all men need in marriage is sex and food

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / 14-yr-old Boy Kills Brother With Dad’s Gun While ‘acting’ Movie / Parent(s) Laying Curses On Their Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.