Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) (30363 Views)

Husband And Wife Fight Over $300 In Front Of Their Young Children / Disgrace! Husband & Wife Fight In Public, Exchange Blows. Wife Wins? (Pix Video) / Nigerian Couple Battles UK Govt Over Son’s ‘forceful Adoption’ (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 11:26am On Apr 03, 2017
yinkslinks:
Sweetie are u married? You sounded so reasonable
Not married ,thank you
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by yinkslinks(m): 11:27am On Apr 03, 2017
Bless you.
adorablepepple:

Not married ,thank you
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 11:28am On Apr 03, 2017
CellTabRepairs:

You understood the root cause of the story. She had no realistic reasons as far as marriage is concerned. God who created us does not tolerate disobedience. He instituted marriage and established order that the woman should submit to authority, not giving reasons for disobeying a man's rule. What crap is she saying about finance being her reasons when the man was still in active service? We agree money can never be enough but if his order is not to work it should be obeyed. Moreover aside God's marital order, with your eyes open you married a man in an institution where only "yes sir!" is the norm from those below your level and you are flexing muscles with him. Se ori e correct so?
Lol Abi o
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 11:29am On Apr 03, 2017
philGeo:
I know you are among the few good women left, i love the way you see it form another angle.
Thank you
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adontcare(f): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2017
tartarus:
It's either most Men on nairaland are daft or its just a common thing with Nigerian men! What rubbish! She decided to work and her husband disagreed and now it's her fault for disobeying her husband and going ahead to work!. My daughter can never marry a typical Nigerian man. angry
Marriage to a typical Nigerian man is slavery & bondage!. I'll send my daughter to school and one egoistic bastard will forbid her from working. Never! sad
Really what do we men want?? If she's not working; she's a liability, if she starts working; she's not submissive

Because we have dicks doesn't mean we can override people's lives! Stupidity!
The only reasonable comment so far. Some men are just plainly wicked. They derive joy seeing their wives in rags,suffering and facing hardships. They don't want their wives growth. They go to any length to ensure that. If Mr navy man dnt want the wife to work he should have start her up with business. She endured for 21 years scambling after him. Most wise men for example the IBO men encourages and assist their women to either work or do businesses. A virtuous woman should not fold her hands and sit at home. Even bible exalted a virtuous woman. Disobedience my foot.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Apina(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2017
ola808:

How do you know she's greedy?
Will a greedy woman get a house in a cheaper environment and pay the rent for years when the husband couldn't afford the high cost of their lekki home or pay the children's fees?

Please try to be objective when commenting on issues.
Do u know how much a naval captain earns as basic salary?Not including allowance. If he's able to afford a driver based on her story, why can't he be able to fend for his family of just 3 persons? She said things weren't going so well for the family and that's the reason for her choosing to work, if I may ask, @ what point in time did you get to hear that the armed forces were deprived of their wage or wages? There are still more questions I would have loved to ask but let me leave it at this.

Nota bene: There was no mention of a lekki home in the story, she said the husband sold their house without mentioning its location. Always read through carefully so as not to get things mixed up and always apply logic and reason not sentiments when analysing issues that's only when u can attain the truth and in turn objectivity.

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2017
eleko1:
sad she doesn't deserve this barbaric act.She want to work to free u from burden, u nor gree. Give her money?mbah! u instead flogged her.

Same scenario happened to one of my friends. After beating and disgracing her outside, she fled from home, left her 4 children with the husband to learn a skill. When the husband realised she is not back home after some few days, he panicked and started looking for her. He asked all her friends including me, we all said we've not seen her. He went to her parents house. They warned him sternly to go look for their daughter orelse he will regret ever been born. He was in total disarray searching for his wife. I just kept quiet, because I wanted her to learn her skill quietly without interruptions and beating again from her husband.. Even when I told her, her husband is searching for her. See fear in her eyes, and she started panicking that he will come to my house and fish her out.. I told her clam down. He can't trace u here.. Relax.
She said no. She can't get me involved, she then ran away again.. To God knows where. I later learnt she went to stay with another childhood friend while she continued with her skill acquisition. She has completed her one year course. Her husband is now calm. No woman was ready to marry him with 4 teenage boys on his neck. So that realization calmed him down.
At the end of her programme, her parents gave her money to start up what she learnt as biz and to come back home to them. Her parents then called the husband ,they av found his wife and if he still wants her back. He should come see them and agree to certain conditions.
Some men are just something else.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2017
adontcare:
The only reasonable comment so far. Some men are just plainly wicked. They derive joy seeing their wives in rags,suffering and facing hardships. They don't want their wives growth. They go to any length to ensure that. If Mr navy man dnt want the wife to work he should have start her up with business. She endured for 21 years scambling after him. Most wise men for example the IBO men encourages and assist their women to either work or do businesses. A virtuous woman should not fold her hands and sit at home. Even bible exalted a virtuous woman. Disobedience my foot.

Indeed some men are extremely wicked..
Ladies have to shine their eyes before saying I do

2 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by buchilino(m): 11:53am On Apr 03, 2017
tartarus:

Please bro it's not about being disrespectful, she wants to work cos it's beneficial to her life and as a man if my woman wants to work I should support her insteadof bringing her down. Come on, so her husband expected her to just seat at home and become a baby making factory. We as men have to support our women, give me reasons why the woman's decision to work is a bad one??. I'm sure you'd say it's cos she won't be "submissive". We Nigerian men should stop being threatened over irrelevant things.

FINE LET'S ACCEPT DAT D WOMAN HAD GOOD INTENTIONS, BUT D WAY N MANNER SHE FOLLOWED IT WAS WRONG. SHE HAS BEEN MARRIED TO D MAN SO MANY YEARS, I EXPECT ATLEAST SHE WOULD HAVE KNOWN HER HUSBAND BY NOW. AS I SPEAK, MY WIFE NOS MY STRENGTH N WEAKNESS. IF SHE'S IN NEED OF SOMETHING, SHE NOS HOW GET IT FROM ME WITHOUT BEING DISRESPECTFUL. DATS HOW A WISE WOMAN BEHAVES.
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by JBL316: 12:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Na 2 people dey get pikin o....the man and the wife.
E dey obvious say 1 person out of dem 2 dey show power and we know d person, because it is in their xter to show power
At the end of the day...Dominic know who im papa be...im know who im mama be....tht one no require fight to know.
Papa Domonic be careful...Mama Domonic be careful
Ah ah...after 21 years!
Dem no dey chop rat from head reach tail finish, u go con say... e dey bitter!
Na Dominic life una dey take dey play gamble so!

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by victorazy(m): 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2017
eleko1:
sad she doesn't deserve this barbaric act.She want to work to free u from burden, u nor gree. Give her money?mbah! u instead flogged her.
Man is the head of family. If he refused the woman work she shouldn't have dishonored him.
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by neocortex: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
adorablepepple:
Disobedience is the root of all these problem, and madam couldn't manage with Oga since he is retired....... women these days everything is domestic violence mtceeew

It is not your fault that you reason this way, I only blame those
who convinced you that suffering is normal.

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
neocortex:

It is not your fault that you reason this way, I only blame those
who convinced you that suffering is normal.
May God grant you understanding. Was she suffering for 21 years that she was with him?
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Jelal0007(m): 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Ashleydolls:
As expected y"all are still gonna blame the woman. Typical robots made and programmed by the society
Typical foul mouthed lady of our time. Were u programmed to trash talk all the time? U can't make ur point without insults? #ReceiveBrain

3 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Culin(f): 3:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
adorablepepple:
Disobedience is the root of all these problem, and madam couldn't manage with Oga since he is retired....... women these days everything is domestic violence mtceeew

Really shameful coming from a woman. I pray your present or future husband beats you up till his hands bleed and his iron rod bends. Mtchew.
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by amacastel: 3:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
northvietnam:
wicked woman
God punish that ur stinken mouth & that's cripple leprosy hand u use to type rubbish
When did it became a crime for a woman to work.

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by amacastel: 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
victorazy:

Man is the head of family. If he refused the woman work she shouldn't have dishonored him.
So to work now is dishonour, I pity ur wife.

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by amacastel: 3:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
samtol4:
A wife is not housemaid or school pupil ,a woman is a co pilot i n a marriage .The man is wicked
Help me tell them

2 Likes

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by HSC(f): 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Sunnymatey(m): 8:08am

I wont blame the man. Wives should submit to their husbands no matter what. My business is crumbling today cus l granted my wife permission to work in a distance of about 6-7 hours journey after she refused to be persuaded. I pay my rent and hers, send money for feeding weekly cus her salary is way too small and most time not even paid for a period of 7 months. If l had stopped her, the whole world would have heard and blamed me. Now to even afford my rent is a problem. My advice to wives is, if a man ask u not to work, ask him for reasons and if they're cogent enough then go with him.

People should think well, put yourself in these couple's shoes before commenting. If the marriage is 21 years and she has obeyed him by not working, for her to now start working means that woman prefers to work instead of getting money from other means which may be worse. Also, for someone working for an airline must be around Ikeja and you moving to Badagry is like setting up the woman to fail in the new job: What time will you leave Badagry in the morning to get to work before 8am in Ikeja?
I think the retired Captain should despite being the head of his house which from what I read the woman is not contesting talk to his woman without his ego because it doesn't put food on the table and let that old love for the sake of the children overcome his Ego and stubbornness.
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by amacastel: 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
victorjoe:

The head of the family stated that he does not want you to work. Even of na garri we de drink, don't work.

The best she should have done is to cajole him to agree before she started work.

Some people ehn! Imagine you telling your wife bit to do something and she goes ahead.
Is she ur slave why won't you allow her to do what she want after all she is an adult,
Being ur wife doesn't make her ur nanny or maid.
This head of family dominance has finish our African men esp Nigerian men but they don't want to learn From the white that bring the christainty to them. Metewwww

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by zeb04(f): 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
How archaic and stupid can a typical unexposed naija man be?

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by adorablepepple(f): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
Culin:

Really shameful coming from a woman. I pray your present or future husband beats you up till his hands bleed and his iron rod bends. Mtchew.
Because my opinion doesn't match your programmed thought makes it shameful ehn Anyway I won't argue with you, you can pray all you want,if you like fast and ask God to send a Mike Tyson husband my way tongue, lol. This brain you have is for reasoning, use it
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Nweike1: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
INTROVERT:
This is one side of the story.... We need to hear the husbands side and the schools side before we conclude.
Madam, you are too much!
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by oluwamile(m): 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
adorablepepple:

To all of you trolling me and quoting my comment, it's my opinion and i thought about the whole scenario up there before airing my view........ my brain is not programmed to believe every domestic violence story because nowadays women use domestic violence as a weapon....
I never believed a woman could be so reasonable and unbiased
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
INTROVERT:
This is one side of the story.... We need to hear the husbands side and the schools side before we conclude.

Its clear you never read the story
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
tartarus:
It's either most Men on nairaland are daft or its just a common thing with Nigerian men! What rubbish! She decided to work and her husband disagreed and now it's her fault for disobeying her husband and going ahead to work!. My daughter can never marry a typical Nigerian man. angry
Marriage to a typical Nigerian man is slavery & bondage!. I'll send my daughter to school and one egoistic bastard will forbid her from working. Never! sad
Really what do we men want?? If she's not working; she's a liability, if she starts working; she's not submissive

Because we have dicks doesn't mean we can override people's lives! Stupidity!

Are you married?Anyway sounds like you are an infant.
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by coolviv: 11:39pm On Apr 03, 2017
But wait first...
All these argument..
Do you all realise that 21 years is not 21 days?
And a woman born and bred in Nigeria, knowing all the ramifications still ran away from the marriage?
Think am for a minute...who does that? A happy well taken care of wife? Or a serially abused wife who finally received the beating and humiliation that broke the camel''s back. He beat and disgraced her in public?
Let's think about that for a minute..beating a matured at least 40 year old woman in public? Beating her at all..does that seem right at all? Does that picture in ur mind look good? Acceptable?

What does marriage mean to an average Nigerian woman? You have no right to a successful life without your husband's approval? She got a job...so what? Financial needs were not being met and she decided to help out....Kill her and crucify her...she has disobeyed her husband. As a good Nigerian wife, she should have quietly folded her hands and watched herself and her children lack. That is what a good wife does.
So when is she going to be a good mother? Who here has ever felt the pain of your child needing or asking for something you are unable to provide?

We all need to be careful in this country..in our stance, our comments, the things we support and condone. You might take a stance because you are a man today but always remember that you ll have daughters, grand daughters , great grand daughters....and you won't always be in the world to help or protect them.

The least any decent and reasonable man can do is to leave a decent society behind that ll keep both his male and female children in good health and well being.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by eyinjuege: 11:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
Apina:

Sorry to say but your comment is somewhat absurd. The money she's gonna earn, isn't it gonna be used within the family? So why should the husband be threatened in anyway. What amount of money or going by ur logic, success is worth more than family unity? Its not the case that the husband couldn't feed, cloth or put a roof over her head, so what more does she want after 21 years? Contentment is a virtue, greed its opposite.
The man did admit things became difficult for him, and he had to move to Badagry. What you'll not hear him say is possibly the numerous nights they went to bed hungry, especially the children.The numerous times they were sent home from school for failure to pay school fees. They say she is a mother of 4 children, so the boy in question is not their only child.
The other children are possibly with their mother, and she's looking after them. She also said he left all the financial responsibility to her. Now that she's solely catering for the other 3 children, he would find it easier to look after only one child- the boy in question.

In short, all this I've just typed is to let you know the man wasn't handling the financial aspect of the home properly.
She shouldn't watch her children suffer, and be sent home from school because of failure to pay school fees, and what not. Its only sensible she takes up a job. She's an adult , not disabled/ incapacitated and really has no excuse for not working and going hungry.
Better to work than going around neighbors and family begging for money or asking to borrow money that'll never be paid back.
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by eyinjuege: 11:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
coolviv:
But wait first...
All these argument..
Do you all realise that 21 years is not 21 days?
And a woman born and bred in Nigeria, knowing all the ramifications still ran away from the marriage?
Think am for a minute...who does that? A happy well taken care of wife? Or a serially abused wife who finally received the beating and humiliation that broke the camel''s back. He beat and disgraced her in public?
Let's think about that for a minute..beating a matured at least 40 year old woman in public? Beating her at all..does that seem right at all? Does that picture in ur mind look good? Acceptable?

What does marriage mean to an average Nigerian woman? You have no right to a successful life without your husband's approval? She got a job...so what? Financial needs were not being met and she decided to help out....Kill her and crucify her...she has disobeyed her husband. As a good Nigerian wife, she should have quietly folded her hands and watched herself and her children lack. That is what a good wife does.
So when is she going to be a good mother? Who here has ever felt the pain of your child needing or asking for something you are unable to provide?

We all need to be careful in this country..in our stance, our comments, the things we support and condone. You might take a stance because you are a man today but always remember that you ll have daughters, grand daughters , great grand daughters....and you won't always be in the world to help or protect them.

The least any decent and reasonable man can do is to leave a decent society behind that ll keep both his male and female children in good health and well being.

Standing ovation....
I completely agree with you. So many unspoken words in their narrative, and it only takes one who can be still and think deeply beyond the surface to decipher it all.
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by ola808: 1:32am On Apr 04, 2017
Apina:

Do u know how much a naval captain earns as basic salary?Not including allowance. If he's able to afford a driver based on her story, why can't he be able to fend for his family of just 3 persons? She said things weren't going so well for the family and that's the reason for her choosing to work, if I may ask, @ what point in time did you get to hear that the armed forces were deprived of their wage or wages? There are still more questions I would have loved to ask but let me leave it at this.

Nota bene: There was no mention of a lekki home in the story, she said the husband sold their house without mentioning its location. Always read through carefully so as not to get things mixed up and always apply logic and reason not sentiments when analysing issues that's only when u can attain the truth and in turn objectivity.
Re: Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) by mikolo80: 3:55am On Apr 04, 2017
Ashleydolls:
As expected y"all are still gonna blame the woman. Typical robots made and programmed by the society
so because she's a woman her husband must pay rent wen pass him power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? / Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. / I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.