Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise (30393 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 28, 2022
It's so annoying children of nowadays think because they got baby mamas up and down they got no respect for their elders, infact once they notice you haven't had a child yet no matter how old you are, they start looking at you like their age mates or even older than.

My kid bro who I single handedly passed down wears to back then has the audacity to talk to me anyhow just because he is a father of a 5 year old boy and another one is on the way. Well that's how he's been reason he toke a lot of beatings from me back in the days...

The recent happenings happened this morning after so many years, I came home for a very close relative's burial same with our eldest bro whose in his mid 30s. Discussion we were having, one thing led to another... this kid bro of mine flared up shouting at the top of his voice to my elder bro...mom telling him to shut up he's still talking...I immediately pounce on him in the presence of his wife and kid, I gave him the beating of his life, squeezed that his lip he was using to insult our eldest bro, not minding his wife watching.

Yes I'm angry with him, the day his wife gave birth out of wedlock, he was jubilating that he the last born first us to give our parent's a grand child. I say see this one, if I wanted to have kids I would have, how many ladies has tried to trap pregnancy on me all through this years. it's just man not yet ready yet, and been married don't Just freak me yet.

Mom been gingering me to apologise to him, but I refused? Why would I?

Yes I was wrong for beating him in the presence of his pregnant wife and kid, I didn't mean to embarrass him...I felt bad myself after the whole thing.. but before he was a husband he was first my kid bro.

270 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Urheadmaster(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2022
Better go get your own kids so that things will balance

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 28, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Better go get your kids so that things will balance
kid is not an achievement, besides we not in any competition
I love my brother, it's just his character from day one he always stubborn my eldest bro is the cool headed type that tolerate alot. but me I noi dey gree..
sometimes I throway face, but today is different

352 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by God1000(m): 7:11pm On May 28, 2022
Nowadays children are just too disrespectful.

But Please sit him down and settle it amicably, don't engage in a physical fight with your younger brother.

It won't make him respect you, resentment will set in instead

Or maybe I'm wrong

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Prevent: 7:19pm On May 28, 2022
Urheadmaster:
Get out! with your moronic sense of reasoning.

223 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Prevent: 7:21pm On May 28, 2022
God1000:
Please sit him down and settle it amicably, don't engage in physical fight with him.

I separated two of my neighbours that wanted to fight yesterday
The highlighted,so you expect us to do what??

To commend you? you are not serious.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by rickpat(m): 7:29pm On May 28, 2022
your kid bro saying he gave your parents a grand child first is totally wrong...life ain't a competition...he is childish and lacks wisdom...

but bro don't fight/beat him again..it's wrong for you to do that especially in presence of your nephew...a fool is a fool,they cannot learn by you beating them up...I think your mum has a lot of talking to do into his ears....A FAMILY THAT ONE SEES HIMSELF AS SOMEONE IN COMPETITION WITH HIS OR HER SIBLINGS IS NOT FAR FROM BREAKING...just focus on your life...leave that little boy

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by ststyreal(f): 7:30pm On May 28, 2022
Thank you for putting him in his place.

183 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by spice123(m): 7:30pm On May 28, 2022
Barrister026:
it's so annoying children of nowadays thinks because they got baby mamas up and down they got no respect for their elders, infact once they notice you haven't had a child yet no matter how old you are. they start looking at you like their age mates or even older than.

my kid bro who i single handledly passed down wears to back then has the audacity to talk to me anyhow just because he his a father of a 5year old boy and another one its on the way. well that's how he's been reason he toke a lot of beatings from me back in the days... the recent happenings happened this morning after so many years, I came home for a very close relative burial same with our eldest bro whose in his mid 30s. discussion we having one thing lent to another... this kid bro of mine flared up shouting at the top of his voice to my elder bro...mom telling him to shut up he's still talking...I immediately pounce on him in the presence of his wife and kid, I gave him the beating of his life, squeezed that his lip he was using to insult our eldest bro, not minding his wife watching.

yes I'm angry with him, the day his wife gave birth out of wedlock, he was jubilating that he the last born first us to give our parent's a grand child. I say see this one, if I wanted to have kids I would have, how many ladies has tried to trap pregnancy on me all through this year's. it's just man not yet ready yet, and been married don't Just freak me yet.

mom been gingering me to apologise to him, but I refused? why would I.

yes I was wrong for beating him in the presence of his pregnant wife and kid, I didn't mean to embarrass him... before he was a husband he was first my kid bro.

Seun
lalasticlala
When I read baby mamas in the first sentence, I just gave up. That your kid bro is not married yet. You don't have a sister-in-law either.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Mindlog: 7:31pm On May 28, 2022
"I gave him the beating of his life, squeezed that his lip he was using to insult our eldest bro.....yes I'm angry with him , the day his wife gave birth out of wedlock, he was jubilating that he the last born first us to give our parent's a grand child"...... cheesy cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by dahmie2013: 7:34pm On May 28, 2022
Don't apologise, he has no right to insult your eldest brother. You will only apologise on the condition that he apologises to your brother.

203 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Richy4(m): 7:34pm On May 28, 2022
<< My brother, Two wrongs cannot make a right...

<<He was wrong by disrespecting your elder brother in the presence of his wife...

<< You are wrong fighting him in the presence of a 5yr old..I didn't say u shouldn't fight.. I mean u are an adult and can make decisions but look around you first...

<< What are u as an uncle gonna be teaching your nephew? That adults settles disagreement by fighting?

<< Again what kind of light would you want your nephew to see his father whom he probably sees as his super hero?... U want him to see how you are capable of beating his father?..

<< You guys are adults, when you were doing some stuffs, please think about the kids around you and how that will impact them and how it will shape or reshape their future.. embarassed

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 28, 2022
spice123:

When I read baby mamas in the first sentence, I just gave up. That your kid bro is not married yet. You don't have a sister-in-law either.
yes he's not married, but introduction and some notable things to his wife families.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by sisisioge: 7:36pm On May 28, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You will not kill me with laughter o. Chai! You have finished him.

Somehow, I approve....no apologize unless he apologizes to the elder brother too. Make him no forget he has elders grin

By the way, you singlehandedly handed down cloths to him? You no too well fa grin grin grin

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 28, 2022
Richy4:
<< My brother, Two wrongs cannot make a right...

<<He was wrong by disrespecting your elder brother in the presence of his wife...

<< You are wrong fighting him in the presence of a 5yr old..I didn't say u shouldn't fight.. I mean u are an adult and can make decisions but look around you first...

<< What are u as an uncle gonna be teaching your nephew? That adults settles disagreement by fighting?

<< Again what kind of light would you want your nephew to see his father whom he probably sees as his super hero?... U want him to see how you are capable of beating his father?..

<< You guys are adults, when you were doing some stuffs, please think about the kids around you and how that will impact them and it will shape their future.. embarassed

yes you don't have to tell me, I felt bad after the whole thing.
but I'm just finding a hard time following what my mom told me to apologise.
the sight of him talking to my elder bro who I didn't even follow, they was another girl before I annoys me more
do you know the age distance?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Guderian(m): 7:39pm On May 28, 2022
Shit ........
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by JovialJune(f): 7:51pm On May 28, 2022
Urheadmaster:

That urheadmaster, nothing dey inside.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by JovialJune(f): 7:53pm On May 28, 2022
His way of thinking is actually a turn off, in this day and age, people still dey do "I fess you born" comparison? Is he a graduate?

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by JovialJune(f): 7:56pm On May 28, 2022
Barrister026:

but I'm just finding a hard time following what my mom told me to apologise.
the sight of him talking to my elder bro who I didn't even follow, they was another girl before I annoys me more
do you know the age distance?

Don't apologise, he is to apologise to you and your elder brother, don't condone disrespect in any form.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Richy4(m): 8:09pm On May 28, 2022
Barrister026:

but I'm just hard time following what my mom told me to apologise.
do you know the distance?

I understand you, that does not mean you are still right in your actions buddy...

Your younger brother might think that there's a competition going on in his 'matured mind', because he has done what u guys haven't done yet, but try and show him that he wasn't competing with any one... And fighting him in front of his family is not the best way to show him that...

In terms of tendering an apologizes to the wife, I dont think its necessary in this case for now if u ask me..Tempers flared up and every where got heated......so cool down for now

If u wanna apologize, it should come from the heart...U need to make up with your brother first before using that same means to talk to the wife..

Please show who the bigger brother is by reaching out to your brother.. Do not allow it to stay long... when the whole thing may have died down like in 3 days time...

I don't think It's a complete reconciliation if u ask the wife for forgiveness and u still have pending issues with your brother..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Klass99(f): 8:09pm On May 28, 2022

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by bukatyne(f): 8:10pm On May 28, 2022
Barrister026:
it's so annoying children of nowadays thinks because they got baby mamas up and down they got no respect for their elders, infact once they notice you haven't had a child yet no matter how old you are. they start looking at you like their age mates or even older than.

my kid bro who i single handledly passed down wears to back then has the audacity to talk to me anyhow just because he his a father of a 5year old boy and another one its on the way. well that's how he's been reason he toke a lot of beatings from me back in the days... the recent happenings happened this morning after so many years, I came home for a very close relative burial same with our eldest bro whose in his mid 30s. discussion we having one thing lent to another... this kid bro of mine flared up shouting at the top of his voice to my elder bro...mom telling him to shut up he's still talking...I immediately pounce on him in the presence of his wife and kid, I gave him the beating of his life, squeezed that his lip he was using to insult our eldest bro, not minding his wife watching.

yes I'm angry with him, the day his wife gave birth out of wedlock, he was jubilating that he the last born first us to give our parent's a grand child. I say see this one, if I wanted to have kids I would have, how many ladies has tried to trap pregnancy on me all through this year's. it's just man not yet ready yet, and been married don't Just freak me yet.

mom been gingering me to apologise to him, but I refused? why would I.

yes I was wrong for beating him in the presence of his pregnant wife and kid, I didn't mean to embarrass him...I felt bad myself after the whole thing.. but before he was a husband he was first my kid bro.

Seun
lalasticlala

If you feel bad, apologize especially for beating him up in front of his family.

P. S.: If he has proven to be disrespectful over time, the rest of you should alienate him.

That would pass the message that his disrespect would not be tolerated.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Klass99(f): 8:14pm On May 28, 2022

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Karleb(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2022
Every family needs a brother like you.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 28, 2022

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Richy4(m): 8:41pm On May 28, 2022
Klass99:

Richly I strongly disagree with this. Two wrongs do make a right and it's called giving people a dose of their own medicine.

Before kid brother opens his mouth to talk anyhow or behave anyhow again, him go reason the matter well, before him go collect another round of beating.

There was provocation and a reaction - problem solved.
grin grin
I no no say u like vawulence like this.. I think say Na only Jovialjune like am cheesy

On a serious note though, I'm gonna speak based on my experience as the last in the family... In some cases, every time the elder ones says something, It sounds like it was a law those days... If I talk, they will take it like what do you know..
This is one of the reasons why the youngest were kind of brats just to revolt cheesy.. no one takes them seriously because just like the OP said, he handed down his clothes to him, defended him from bullies etc..

It takes maturity to conquer those behaviour... His brother has not gotten to that maturity stage yet.. for him to say that he has given his parents the only grand son means that there's work in progress... He still feels like there's competition going on...

I think his elder brothers should be the one to mellow him down.. and explain to him that he wasn't competing with any of them... That they all got their various destinies to fulfill... They can't achieve that with violence and arrogance... They will only be interdependent with one another..

21 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Klass99(f): 8:56pm On May 28, 2022

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Richy4(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2022
Klass99:

I dey learn for where JovialJune dey o grin. I feel you, but yeye dey worry that boy sha. A little vawulence won't hurt to reset his brain.

As for his comment about being the first to provide a grand child, I can't help thinking of the scripture which says there is foolishness in the heart of a child and the rod will help remove it.

Last borns tend to be a mother's pet and favourite, I am sure that is why mama is asking OP to apologize. But has he asked rude boy to apologize to the eldest he was rude to? These are grown men, they will resolve their issues without all this cajoling of one person to apologize to another.
You are correct.. he was rude..
Those foolish remarks might make the OP and their eldest brother dislike that little boy for no reason if maturity doesn't come to play...
Since their eldest brother was the calm one amongst them.. I pray that he plays the fatherly role and bring his siblings together... It's really cool having United family..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by yomi007k(m): 9:17pm On May 28, 2022
Baba...

If you apologise then u mess up.

If him do anyhow again then beat am again.

Let him know say being a man is not buy wasting sperm up and down.

35 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Ishilove: 9:21pm On May 28, 2022
Barrister026:

kid is not an achievement, besides we not in any competition
I love my brother, it's just his character from day one he always stubborn my eldest bro is the cool headed type that tolerate alot. but me I noi dey gree..
sometimes I throway face, but today is different
Kudos. He disrespected your older brother in the presence of his family, so why should you accord him any respect? The beating was well in order. No matter how big your preek is, you can never be wiser than your father.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by JovialJune(f): 9:26pm On May 28, 2022
Richy4 and Klass99, eyin mejeji, keep talking about me o, well done grin

6 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Richy4(m): 9:29pm On May 28, 2022
JovialJune:
Richy4 and Klass99, eyin mejeji, keep talking about me o, well done grin

grin cheesy
We were sending a shoutout.. we no no say e go reach you cheesy

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After / Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics) / Family House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.