Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,383 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics (22966 Views)

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / Roman Catholics Requests Pope Francis Refer To Mary As Co-redemptrix With Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 2:26am On Oct 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:
all early Christian writers.

the pope is simply bishop of Rome

a pope claimed he is the "Holy Father, which is a title and name for God
popes are said by the rcc to be infallible etc. etc. etc.

but you uben say popes are simply the bishop of rome

even you uben, know that you cannot stop lying

2 Likes

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 3:57am On Oct 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I had earlier asked you to provide the verse that calls them sons of Mary.

provide them or admit such verse don't exist, then I'll be happy to provide you with their mum.

for the benefit of believers

ha ha uben, they are called Jesus brothers and sisters,
but because a verse doesn't specifically say mary is their mother
then according to you uben, mary isn't their mother

if there is anyone here at these forums nore duh than you uben i have yet to come upon them
of course there are plenty just as duh as you, bb for one, but none moreso

Jesus is joseph's Son
Jesus mother is called mary
Jesus brothers are James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas
Jesus sisters are there in nazareth also, along with joseph, mary, and Jesus brothers:

Mat 13:55  Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? 
Mat 13:56  And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things? 

the words "before joseph and mary came together", shows they joseph and mary did come together:

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 

mary had other children, Jesus would not have been called her first born if she had no others,
Jesus was her first born:

Luk 2:7  And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. 

mary and Jesus brothers were outside wanting to speak with Him:

Mat 12:46  While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

because this other mary had two sons of the same name as two of Jesus brothers(james and joses),
you uben think that this mary is the mother of Jesus brothers: smiley

Mat 27:56  Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children. 

the other mary's son james was known as james the less,
and this mary had only one daughter(salome), Jesus had more than one sister, see matt 13:56 above

Mar 15:40  There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

the other mary is Jesus mother's sister, the wife of cleophas:

Joh 19:25  Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. 

when paul went up to jerusalem to see peter, the other apostles were not there,
just Jesus brother the apostle james:

Gal 1:19  But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01am On Oct 25, 2017
Ubenedictus:

all early Christian writers.

the pope is simply bishop of Rome

The word pope simply means "father" don't they call themselves "Holy Father" a title that belongs only to God Almighty? See what the Bible says about the papacy. ==> https://www.gotquestions.org/pope-papacy.html
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2017
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2017
1bunne4lif:

you think you're making sense? You speak evil against the church of Christ, I'll advice you ask for forgiveness. Nothing can stand against the church of Christ, the gate of hell can't because it is the TRUE church. The church amidst all persecution is still standing, nothing in this world can bring it down not even your hypocrisy, retrace your steps and make amends. Peace

The second commandment says "You shall not make yourself any graven image" Do you bow down to anything but God? Do you have this commandment in your Roman catholic Bible? undecided See what the Bible says about Mariolatry. ==>https://www.gotquestions.org/Mariolatry.html
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The word pope simply means "father" don't they call themselves "Holy Father" a title that belongs only to God Almighty? See what the Bible says about the papacy. ==> https://www.gotquestions.org/pope-papacy.html
of course holy is from the Greek hagio meaning set apart or consecrated, it is used severally in scriptures to refer to Christians.

you are the w
I
one reading things into it.
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:50am On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

at least here you have admitted the truth... not once in the entire Bible is anyone called a child if Mary except Jesus, not once is does anyone call Mary biological mother of anyone except Jesus.

if there is anyone here at these forums nore duh than you uben i have yet to come upon them

sorry dear I am bigger than your small minded insults. I don't have time for ad hominem
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
johnw74:

Jesus is joseph's Son
Jesus mother is called mary
Jesus brothers are James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas
Jesus sisters are there in nazareth also, along with joseph, mary, and Jesus brothers:

Mat 13:55  Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? 
Mat 13:56  And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things? 

the words "before joseph and mary came together", shows they joseph and mary did come together:

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 

mary had other children, Jesus would not have been called her first born if she had no others,
Jesus was her first born:

Luk 2:7  And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. 

mary and Jesus brothers were outside wanting to speak with Him:

Mat 12:46  While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

because this other mary had two sons of the same name as two of Jesus brothers(james and joses),
you uben think that this mary is the mother of Jesus brothers: smiley

Mat 27:56  Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children. 

the other mary's son james was known as james the less,
and this mary had only one daughter(salome), Jesus had more than one sister, see matt 13:56 above

Mar 15:40  There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

the other mary is Jesus mother's sister, the wife of cleophas:

Joh 19:25  Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. 

when paul went up to jerusalem to see peter, the other apostles were not there,
just Jesus brother the apostle james:

Gal 1:19  But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

do you even know the word for brother in scriptures and its range of meaning?
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 1:00am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:

at least here you have admitted the truth... not once in the entire Bible is anyone called a child if Mary except Jesus, not once is does anyone call Mary biological mother of anyone except Jesus.

and so you say that Jesus mother mary is not the mother of Jesus brothers and sisters cheesy
oh duh uben

Ubenedictus:

sorry dear I am bigger than your small minded insults. I don't have time for ad hominem

you show by the things you say, and by your blindness to God's word
that what i said is true uben, true smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 1:03am On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:
do you even know the word for brother in scriptures and its range of meaning?

yes i do, and i know that concerning Jesus and James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas
God's word is referring to them being literally brothers

Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Mat 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

and i also know uben that you know next to nothing, and don't believe God.
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by otr1(m): 4:28am On Oct 28, 2017
It's surprising someone here is trying differentiate worship and veneration. You bow before an image and you still claiming you are not worshipping it? Most of this don't even know their church is the antichrist system the Bible was talking about.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ubenedictus:

you can keep all your cartoons,

Ubenedictus:

.... you prefer cartoons. ....

you uben call the bible illustrated, cartoons,
you think God's word is a joke.
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
johnw74:

you uben call the bible illustrated, cartoons,
you think God's word is a joke.
nah

I call cartoons cartoons. when I see cartoons I call them by their names cartoons
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
johnw74:

yes i do, and i know that concerning Jesus and James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas
God's word is referring to them being literally brothers

Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
Mat 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

and i also know uben that you know next to nothing, and don't believe God.
that same word is also translated kinsmen
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 11:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ubenedictus:
nah

I call cartoons cartoons. when I see cartoons I call them by their names cartoons

uben, those illustrations are supported with bible verses
you called God's word in illustration: cartoons - jokes, oh lying one
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ubenedictus:
that same word is also translated kinsmen

what does it matter that many words have many diffrent meanings,
the meaning of brethren in the verses i posted are so very clear, except to a
heathen, which you uben and other rc's are:
Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 1:20am On Oct 30, 2017
johnw74:

what does it matter that many words have many diffrent meanings,
the meaning of brethren in the verses i posted are so very clear, except to a
heathen, which you uben and other rc's are:
Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
lol, you think your meaning is correct because you adopted them from 19th century heretics, even the original 16th century Protestant think your opinion on this issue is wrong.

you are the heathen here, and also ignorant that you follow an end time heresy.
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 6:18am On Oct 31, 2017
Ubenedictus:
lol, you think your meaning is correct because you adopted them from 19th century heretics, even the original 16th century Protestant think your opinion on this issue is wrong.

you are the heathen here, and also ignorant that you follow an end time heresy.

no uben, my meaning is correct because it's what the Bible says

truly uben, "brethren" in all the verses i posted referring to Jesus brothers is literal,
meaning His brothers

but of course you don't believe God

and uben, Jesus showed that "heathen" is certinally referring to you rc's:

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
johnw74:

truly uben, "brethren" in all the verses i posted referring to Jesus brothers is literal,
meaning His brothers

who told you so?

the literal meaning for Jews Is more than one... how did you manage to chose one and disregard others... of course your 19th century heretic teachers told you so
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by johnw74: 1:56am On Nov 01, 2017
Ubenedictus:
who told you so?

the literal meaning for Jews Is more than one... how did you manage to chose one and disregard others... of course your 19th century heretic teachers told you so

you are very confused, that's what comes from not believing God's word,
read it again, and you still won't understand: smiley

johnw74:

meaning His brothers

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05am On Feb 08, 2018
johnw74:

you are very confused, that's what comes from not believing God's word,
read it again, and you still won't understand: smiley

You can say that again. cheesy
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 08, 2018
I have never read that either. Can he provide a reference to that blasphemy?
Ubenedictus:
D pope never said he will blow up d persons head, oga pls don't lie. read up on d issue again.
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by kolawoleibukun: 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2018
all these idiots way won witness give Catholics. una no day witness give una head. una no see una thief thief pastors way day buy expensive jets with une tithe way una go witness give. the other old thief day say dem don day fly jet before people go school. why him papa no fly jet? why him no fly jet before tithe money?

una think say una life na better pass. criminals way day carry bible. thieves.

1 Like

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
www.livingwaters.com

"I am a Roman Catholic and believe in God with my whole heart...I received Holy Communion and my Confirmation. Therefore know that I have the faith and keep the Commandments. Once a Catholic you are absolved of sin and I follow the Commandments. Does that mean all that I have said means I still have to be born again?" Karen M Clark

Yes! It certainly does. Jesus said that you won't enter the kingdom of Heaven of you are not born again. Look at how He began this sentence:

"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

"Most assuredly" means that something is absolutely vital.

It's more than believing in God with your whole heart or Communion or Confirmation or keeping the Commandments. It's when your repent and trust alone in Jesus as your sin-bearer. God forgives your sins once and for all, makes you a brand new person on the inside and gives you absolute assurance that you have everlasting life. Do this test to make sure you are born again: www.NeedGod.com

Thanks for asking...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort5 24 February 2015 ·

Praise the Lord! cheesy
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ubenedictus:
nah

They may be cartoons, comics but do you realise that they can convey some solemn truth to you? undecided
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

They may be cartoons, comics but do you realise that they can convey some solemn truth to you? undecided
and some lies too
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:49am On Apr 08, 2018
Ubenedictus:

and some lies too

You mean lies like these? cheesy

1 Share

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11am On Apr 09, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You mean lies like these? cheesy

Where do we go to find the real truth? undecided

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0047/0047_01.asp

1 Share

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
How many will they deceive? A billion people? undecided

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0047/0047_01.asp

1 Share

Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by 9inches(m): 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Where do we go to find the real truth? undecided
Go to the Church; the Church that stands firm and holds fast to the teachings the Apostles passed on to her, whether by word of mouth or by Scripture (2 Thess 2:15).
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2018
9inches:

Go to the Church; the Church that stands firm and holds fast to the teachings the Apostles passed on to her, whether by word of mouth or by Scripture (2 Thess 2:15).

You lied! The Holy Bible has all the answers. cheesy
Re: How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics by 9inches(m): 1:14am On Apr 11, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You lied! The Holy Bible has all the answers. cheesy
Can you point out the lie in the sentence or from the verse I mentioned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Become An Atheist / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012! / Anthonia Fufeyin Gives Stephanie Idolor N1 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.