Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) (96247 Views)

Woman With Blue Eyes Wants To Reunite With Her Husband - Kwara First Lady / Husband Of Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami: Why I Abandoned My Wife With Blue Eyes / Girl born with an Arabic inscription in Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
kerryjossy:
Beautiful eyes....The fact that u are a #girlchild makes u perfect.
so you mean a male child with blue eyes is not perfect...

In this age and time,you are discriminating someone solely because of their gender...

People like you should relocate into your village forest where your archaic and uneducated self will be welcome with open arms
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by evmandy(f): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
Jus negodu God's beautiful blessing free. And I'm using money to buy my own.

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by femi4: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2017
kerryjossy:
Beautiful eyes....The fact that u are a #girlchild makes u perfect.
What has being a girl child and having blue eyes have in common
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
ShakurM:
Move to Lagos pls. Fine baby kiss
where u dey all this while,sir shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
If you have not blue eyes I won't marry you.

What a wonderful gift!

Nigerians and hypocrite attitudes or jealousy of the gift they don't possess.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
I was reading thru and thinking to myself why people would discriminate a person with blue eyes, and then I saw the little girl pix and was like d*mn that's scary!
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
evmandy:
Jus negodu God's beautiful blessing free. And I'm using money to buy my own.
Mehn, you look pretty. Sexy eyes
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by freshkik(m): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2017
So beautiful... I follow theses twins on IG sef

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by distilledwalex(m): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
darioNaharis:
Very cute kiss

Nigerians never appreciate good things. They castigate someone born with blue eyes, yet same them will admire it in foreign movies and even go as far as purchasing coloured lenses angry

Her eyes look like that 'Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" symbol . Still so cute
Ohhh which poster be dis sev. .. See perfect comparison
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2017
Everyone is saying it's cute just because oyibo have blue eyes. If oyibo had green eyes they would have said blue eyes look scary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2017
Which one is the news here. The fact that she's Nigerian or that she has blue eyes or that there's now some stigma attached?

Mods and their..........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by czaremrys(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
justscorchone:
Girls I go don fvck kill with this sharingan eyes.
That means U go com from the Uchiha clan...Naruto freak
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by hAlexandro(m): 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
So beautiful. Africans and stupid mentality sha.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2017
The way I go find this pikin eh undecided
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by NevetsIbot(m): 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
reyscrub:
This is natural and is due to body chemistry.

The mutation affected the so-called OCA2 gene, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives color to our hair, eyes and skin.

"A genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch,' which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes," Eiberg said.

The genetic switch is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 and rather than completely turning off the gene, the switch limits its action, which reduces the production of melanin in the iris. In effect, the turned-down switch diluted brown eyes to blue.

If the OCA2 gene had been completely shut down, our hair, eyes and skin would be melanin-less, a condition known as albinism.

Eiberg and his team examined DNA from mitochondria, the cells' energy-making structures, of blue-eyed individuals in countries including Jordan, Denmark and Turkey. This genetic material comes from females, so it can trace maternal lineages.

It is a fact that the people who have blue eyes in Denmark, as far as Jordan, these people all have this same haplotype, they all have exactly the same gene changes that are all linked to this one mutation that makes eyes blue.

The mutation is what regulates the OCA2 switch for melanin production. And depending on the amount of melanin in the iris, a person can end up with eye color ranging from brown to green. Brown-eyed individuals have considerable individual variation in the area of their DNA that controls melanin production. But they found that blue-eyed individuals only have a small degree of variation in the amount of melanin in their eyes.

http://www.livescience.com/9578-common-ancestor-blue-eyes.html

but.. i want na.

Cn I inject melanin into my unborn baby?
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by floxyjoe: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2017
guess you wouldn't want your child to be called marine spirit...it's just mutation and genetics
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by goingape1: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2017
alfa2016:

This is Kaila.

Kaila is a healthy baby girl born with natural blue eyes.

Her parents are from Delta state.

Unfortunately people tend to be afraid of Kayla because of her beautiful blue eyes.They say it's scary.

Her father's older brother also has blue eyes and had to deal with been discriminated against and stigmatized because of the color of his eyes growing up. In fact he learned to walk with his head facing down so as not to scare people away.

Kaila and her uncle are not the only ones with this special gift.

Other members of their family also have blue eyes or blue patches in their eyes.

While I'm not a doctor, I know that there is a scientific explanation as to why they have eye color synonymous with Caucasians. I also know from my belief as a Christian that God wanted it that way.

So that they possess blue eyes doesn't make them different from you and I.

It is just a mutation and Kaila, members of her family and any other Africa with blue/ green or grey eyes should not be treated differently or made to hate themselves because the color of their eyes.

Thank you.

See Beautiful Baby With Nigerian Parents Stigmatized Because Of The Color Of Her Eyes
This is Kaila.

Unfortunately people tend to be afraid …
http://mojidelano.com/2017/04/see-beautiful-baby-with-nigerian-parents-stigmatized-because-of-the-color-of-her-eyes/

high profile target for ritual.

ritualist will be Happy
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
Origin:
I want . I want o. Oh I want blue eyes jare. So vivid. So beautiful and unique.
calm down

oya go an be born again
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Lordkylie(f): 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
Africans tend to be afraid of things they do not understand or things that are not "normal". Her eyes do look a bit weird in the pics cause it's up close but I love it.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Tedassie(m): 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
Aww,cute angel

i still love my hazel eyes tho
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Onyeoguego: 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
ekems2017:
Take this baby to oyibo country make she go enjoy her life. Nigeria no sabi better thing
Nigerians stigmatiz evrytin.

thy stigmatize u wen u are rich and stil will stigmatiz u if poor.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by ShakurM(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2017
Blacklister:
where u dey all this while,sir shocked shocked
Out of this world o smiley. Thanks for your concern

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
ibson99:
scary eyes. you sure she aint marine spirit
Hmmmmm! they haf come o, black people.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by femochi99(m): 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
Strange Fact About Blue-Eyed People:
If you have blue eyes, you are very likely related to every other blue-eyed person on the planet! That's the word from researchers at Copenhagen University in Denmark, who conclude that everyone with blue eyes descends from a single "founder," an ancestor whose genes mutated 6,000 to 10,000 years ago, reports USA Today. Until then, everyone had brown eyes. Led by geneticist Hans Eiberg, the study began in 1973 when he researched a Danish father with 17 children who carried the gene for both blue and brown eyes. Eventually, Eiberg was able to trace the trait for blue eyes to a specific area near the gene OCA2. Next, the Copenhagen team tested 155 people from Scandinavia, Turkey, Jordan and India, all of whom had blue eyes, to see if they had similar DNA sequences in that gene. They weren't just similar; they were identical. That told the scientists that the mutation for blue eyes happened so recently that it hadn't had time to change, reports USA Today.
Copyright © 2017 CompuServe Interactive Services, Inc.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by ajalaolanr(m): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
alfa2016:

This is Kaila.

Unfortunately people tend to be afraid of Kayla because of her beautiful blue eyes.They say it's scary.

Her father's older brother also has blue eyes and had to deal with been discriminated against and stigmatized because of the color of his eyes growing up. In fact he learned to walk with his head facing down so as not to scare people away.

Other members of their family also have blue eyes or blue patches in their eyes.

While I'm not a doctor, I know that there is a scientific explanation as to why they have eye color synonymous with Caucasians. I also know from my belief as a Christian that God wanted it that way.

It is just a mutation and Kaila, members of her family and any other Africa with blue/ green or grey eyes should not be treated differently or made to hate themselves because the color of their eyes.

Thank you.

See Beautiful Baby With Nigerian Parents Stigmatized Because Of The Color Of Her Eyes
This is Kaila.

http://mojidelano.com/2017/04/see-beautiful-baby-with-nigerian-parents-stigmatized-because-of-the-color-of-her-eyes/

Give me this baby and i will make her a super model in the USA by the time she is 18, Damn Ignorant MF's!!
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by baba4thegehs: 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
Wow! I love this!! I wish she was my baby!

That eyes will officially be her selling point.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Moving4: 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
But d Eyes are cute how come d Stigmatization from senseless people
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by xreal: 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
Her mother caused it... too much wearing of eye lids abi na eye lashes; that color-color thing wey babes dey wear for dem eye.
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by sheunsheun(m): 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
bloggers will do anything for traffic. well i have a blue eyes too tongue

Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by Elfaris(m): 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
alfa2016:

This is Kaila.

Thank you.

This is Kaila.

She's cute. but the way she open those eyes for the right pic is scary o. haa
Re: Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) by optional1(f): 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
dacovajnr:
Optional gimme a baby with cute eyeballs as these and I go buy you Maybach Emperor grin grin

shabi i go born d pikin witout u paying for it..

Remember u say u no marry again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

You Must Marry Me - Lady Tells Married Man / Wife Sets Her Husband's House On Fire In Birnin-Kebbi For Wanting Another Wife / Man Impregnates His Sister-In-Law In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.