Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

... - Agriculture (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (317143 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by sammorad(m): 10:43pm On Dec 14, 2017
blessingfarm:
Pls my good people, what drug can I use to cure this stuborn cough that is disturbing my broilers. I have given Kenflox, admacine, no improvement. They are 4weeks and presently on E.T.S by Bio for two days now, yet they are still coughing.

@ blessingfarm, when last did you administer Lasota, I hope you av administered the second the lasota since you said they are 4wks old.

What of your housing, you know that the whether is changing, if you use the normal housing, ensure you create cottons, and drop dem down at night.

IRO drugs, at this age-4 wks, if al this is done i will use Bio-CRD, it contains oxytetracycline,

1 Like

Re: ... by blessingfarm: 11:03pm On Dec 14, 2017
sammorad:

@ blessingfarm, when last did you administer Lasota, I hope you av administered the second the lasota since you said they are 4wks old.

What of your housing, you know that the whether is changing, if you use the normal housing, ensure you create cottons, and drop dem down at night.

IRO drugs, at this age-4 wks, if al this is done i will use Bio-CRD, it contains oxytetracycline,
sammorad:

Wheather here is hot. No I havent given 2nd dosage of lasota because of this cough. Should I complete this dosage or switch to Bio-CRD tomorrow. Thanks.
Re: ... by Turks: 5:07am On Dec 15, 2017
Resistance will set in if you keep abusing antibiotics. God to the basics. Work on your ventilation and litter management. Give freshly crushed Ginger+Garlic with honey. It’ll clear within days.
blessingfarm:
Pls my good people, what drug can I use to cure this stuborn cough that is disturbing my broilers. I have given Kenflox, admacine, no improvement. They are 4weeks and presently on E.T.S by Bio for two days now, yet they are still coughing.

4 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 15, 2017
plz I bought my birds on the 5 of September 75birds and they are are all doing well but the problem is that there are not growing as expected they are well fed' well ventilated and the litter are well taking care of. although is my first time of buying from SAYED hatchery previous years had been obj and CHi. please what can I do to boost their growth or any drug to boost their growth?
Re: ... by blessingfarm: 6:54am On Dec 15, 2017
Turks:
Resistance will set in if you keep abusing antibiotics. God to the basics. Work on your ventilation and litter management. Give freshly crushed Ginger+Garlic with honey. It’ll clear within days.
Thanks Sir. Am really afraid of this resistance of a thing. There is ventilation and dry litter. Watching cough is another concern. I will do as you said after completion of the ETS. Pls what quantity should I use?
Re: ... by Turks: 7:00am On Dec 15, 2017
Garlic - One clove to 5L of water
Ginger - One to 10L of water

You’ll need a conc dose to rid them of the cough.
blessingfarm:

Thanks Sir. Am really afraid of this resistance of a thing. There is ventilation and dry litter. Watching cough is another concern. I will do as you said after completion of the ETS. Pls what quantity should I use?

1 Like

Re: ... by blessingfarm: 7:18am On Dec 15, 2017
Turks:
Garlic - One clove to 5L of water Ginger - One to 10L of water
You’ll need a conc dose to rid them of the cough.
Ok! Thank you Sir.
Re: ... by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 15, 2017
emazion:
plz I bought my birds on the 5 of September 75birds and they are are all doing well but the problem is that there are not growing as expected they are well fed' well ventilated and the litter are well taking care of. although is my first time of buying from SAYED hatchery previous years had been obj and CHi. please what can I do to boost their growth or any drug to boost their growth?
Where is your picture?
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
blessingfarm:

Wheather here is hot. No I havent given 2nd dosage of lasota because of this cough. Should I complete this dosage or switch to Bio-CRD tomorrow. Thanks.

@ Blessingfarm, I can see response from my brothers in organic farming. But here is my advice, immediately administer the second dose of Lasota, then follow it up with bio-crd plus multivitamin.

I believe that by now there daily consumption would have reduced, so you have to follow it up with multivitamin

All the best
Re: ... by Turks: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
NEVER vaccinate sick birds! Don't ever make that mistake.
blessingfarm:

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ... by sammorad(m): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
sammorad:

@ Blessingfarm, I can see response from my brothers in organic farming. But here is my advice, immediately administer the second dose of Lasota, then follow it up with bio-crd plus multivitamin.

I believe that by now there daily consumption would have reduced, so you have to follow it up with multivitamin

All the best

Turks:
NEVER vaccinate sick birds! Don't ever make that mistake.

Thanks for the reminder turks, But for crd cases I have done it this way and gotten result severally,

1) Ensure you dont starve them for too long,

2) Administer enough multivitmin ( free from any antibiotics) before and after vaccination.

3) During vaccination ensure you are present to help weak birds drink water

I will appreciate if your experience is shared after wards

Re: ... by RealityShot: 9:08am On Dec 23, 2017
Turks:
EMMAACHILE

hi.. Season's greetings!
please, broiler or layers production; which is more profitable?

thank you
Re: ... by oluwasemipe(m): 10:14am On Dec 23, 2017
Organic way of raising birds could only be achieved if the numbers of birds are minimal,if you go for organic if you have large number of birds especially when you are raising them on the floor and there is disease outbreak and you still continue with that organic believe me one will blame his/her selve.also to go organic for laying birds will be a difficult feat to achieve.tnx
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2017
RealityShot:
EMMAACHILE

hi.. Season's greetings!
please, broiler or layers production; which is more profitable?

thank you
Broilers
Re: ... by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2017
oluwasemipe:
Organic way of raising birds could only be achieved if the numbers of birds are minimal,if you go for organic if you have large number of birds especially when you are raising them on the floor and there is disease outbreak and you still continue with that organic believe me one will blame his/her selve.also to go organic for laying birds will be a difficult feat to achieve.tnx
There are many ways organic method can be used. If you use an organic premix like orego stim or miadiasan or monensin, etc, It can be well used on a very large farm and to an extent prevent diseases from even happening.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2017
Roxarsone (inorganic) and Orego stim used on a farm of about 5000 broilers was very effective according to the manager.
The result was fast growth and selling of their broilers at the 6th week.

3 Likes

Re: ... by RealityShot: 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Broilers
thank you! happy watch night tomorrow
Re: ... by RealityShot: 6:49am On Dec 25, 2017
Happy Christ Mass!
And a Saviour was born on a day like this.. Pa Rum Pam Pam Pam!

remember my signature
Re: ... by Sardauna24(m): 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
Roxarsone (inorganic) and Orego stim used on a farm of about 5000 broilers was very effective according to the manager.
The result was fast growth and selling of their broilers at the 6th week.

hello emmaachile which organic med. Should i give my 3 weeks noilers i notice that they are sneezing.
Re: ... by ola185: 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2018
Hello farmers... My 6weeks old broilers are coughing and sneezing. Pls which organic medication is good to cure this infection?
Re: ... by jfkenny(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2018
Ginger and garlic, pound and sieve, then serve in water

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
jfkenny:
Ginger and garlic, pound and sieve, then serve in water
He can also add Honey for fast results

1 Like

Re: ... by olushollys(m): 4:56am On Jan 05, 2018
please some (3)my 7weeks noiler has cocodis they are are looking moody and sickly as if wearing coat, how can I treat this I already lost one before Christmas and these ones are showing signs of increased sickness.
Re: ... by shakyriri: 8:13am On Jan 05, 2018
olushollys:
please some (3)my 7weeks noiler has cocodis they are are looking moody and sickly as if wearing coat, how can I treat this I already lost one before Christmas and these ones are showing signs of increased sickness.
Use bitterleaf and ata rodo
Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 6:15am On Jan 07, 2018
Pls can anyone list the medication, dosage and application of drugs to raise day old chicks. Thinking of buying a pack.
Re: ... by jfkenny(m): 11:02am On Jan 07, 2018
shakyriri:

What's at a rodo
Re: ... by Turks: 2:07pm On Jan 07, 2018
jfkenny:

What's at a rodo

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2018
shakyriri:

It works wonder. Its very efficient for coccidiosis and deworming.
You can also use onions + 2-4 pepper/10 litre drinker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by jfkenny(m): 7:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
So red pepper and bitterleaf takes care of cocci
Re: ... by Turks: 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2018
Apple Cider Vinegar too..
jfkenny:
So red pepper and bitterleaf takes care of cocci
Re: ... by olushollys(m): 11:56pm On Jan 07, 2018
Turks:
Apple Cider Vinegar too..
shakyriri:

EMMAACHILE:

It works wonder. Its very efficient for coccidiosis and deworming.
You can also use onions + 2-4 pepper/10 litre drinker

many thanks sirs, I will give them tomorrow, I tried to give them ginger by cutting fresh ginger root into their drinking water but I realized that they avoided the water so I had to withdraw it and give fresh water without the ginger.
I noticed one coughing today what do I do?
Re: ... by blessingfarm: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
Happy New Year my good people. Pls how do I apply tagiri to broiler for prevention of newcastle. Am stocking next week. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.