Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

... - Agriculture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (316638 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Turks: 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
Plus they currently have the Hubbard, Cobb and sometimes the AA strain.

And oh, their layers are world renowned peckers. They can peck till they kingdom come. grin
sammorad:

Zartech is a farm with high and good reputation, their birds, both broilers and layers ranks very well with CHI, Amo, e.t.c

Re: ... by blessingfarm: 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
Pls can one raise broiler using battery cage meant for layers? If possible at what age can it be transfered? Thank you.
Re: ... by Turks: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2018
Very possible. This is done to prevent diseases such as salmonella and Coccidiosis. They should be transferred at 4weeks. Thanks.
blessingfarm:
Pls can one raise broiler using battery cage meant for layers? If possible at what age can it be transfered? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: ... by Abeyjide: 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2018
Chikach:

Sup bro, lets see your 10days old pic

1 week 5 days

2 Likes

Re: ... by Chikach: 7:50am On Feb 04, 2018
faridpac2:

you hv to b vary carefully because zartech are vary prone to mycoplasma gallisepticum ( chronic respiratory disease) which are vary difficult to treat that's y I may not buy zartech again because my last batch I suffered

So very true, The CRD kills them so much..... I have neva seen cough kill birds like it did to my last zartech batch. But sha zartech birds can grow ehhhhh

2 Likes

Re: ... by Chikach: 7:52am On Feb 04, 2018
Abeyjide:

1 week 5 days

Nice photos zartech birds can grow ehhhh, but i will confirm that crd issue with my current set of birds
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2018
Chikach:

Nice photos zartech birds can grow ehhhh, but i will confirm that crd issue with my current set of birds
Apply the right medication and management, and crd will be history.
Most causes of crd is simply management.

1 Like

Re: ... by Adeoye007(m): 9:01am On Feb 04, 2018
You can brood Zartech broiler with Miadasan from Agrited
Re: ... by endy247(f): 11:21am On Feb 04, 2018
Abeyjide:

1 week 5 days
. Please how do you source for your day old chicks, I mean who supplies you.
Re: ... by Turks: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2018
We supply healthy anad quality DOC. Send us a shout on 08026360598. Thanks
endy247:
. Please how do you source for your day old chicks, I mean who supplies you.
Re: ... by iamme202: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
Where do I get DOC in abia state
Re: ... by Turks: 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
We can ship to you. Send us a whatsapp message.
iamme202:
Where do I get DOC in abia state
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
Good day!

I came accross this thread via google while making reserch on broiler farming, I read this thread up from page one to the end, infact this thread made me join Nairaland. Im so impressed with what you guys especially Emma and turks have been doing, thank you very much, God willing, you will reach greater heights.

Im a newbie, I have some qos I would like you to please answer:

-Can I use wood shaving as bedding for DOC from day one? If not whats the best practice?

-what is the ratio of birds to a single drinker/feeder

Thank you in advance.

I have more qos if you dont mind grin

1 Like

Re: ... by Turks: 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
Amen sir. May god see you through this venture. Amen.

* it’s not advisable to use woodshaving from day one. Instead, make a woodshaving bedding as an underlay whilst you spread newspaper over the woodshaving. Reason is this: the birds can’t differentiate between feed and woodshaving, out of curiosity, they might pick on the woodshaving and choke to death on it. Some farmers introduce their day old birds to woodshaving straight away and get away with it but I’d rather you didn’t.

* It’s 30-50 birds to a tray feeder and 20-25 birds to a drinker. This varies. The size of the day old birds play a role in this. Thanks.
aminuelyakub:
Good day!

I came accross this thread via google while making reserch on broiler farming, I read this thread up from page one to the end, infact this thread made me join Nairaland. Im so impressed with what you guys especially Emma and turks have been doing, thank you very much, God willing, you will reach greater heights.

Im a newbie, I have some qos I would like you to please answer:

-Can I use wood shaving as bedding for DOC from day one? If not whats the best practice?

-what is the ratio of birds to a single drinker/feeder

Thank you in advance.

I have more qos if you dont mind grin
Re: ... by Ebis76: 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Koudjis broiler concentrate is 21000 for 50kg bag. It can be used to mix all broilers rations

Formula is below for KBC-10 (10% formula)
Conc : Maize : Soybean meal/cake or full fat soybeans

Starter (0-17 days)
125kg : 600kg : 275kg

Grower (17-35kg)
100kg : 650kg : 250kg

Finisher (35 days and over)
80kg : 695kg : 225kg
Do you have premix powder for maize flour meant for human consumption? Call me on 08165172833 Austin
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 6:59am On Feb 06, 2018
Turks:
Amen sir. May god see you through this venture. Amen.

* it’s not advisable to use woodshaving from day one. Instead, make a woodshaving bedding as an underlay whilst you spread newspaper over the woodshaving. Reason is this: the birds can’t differentiate between feed and woodshaving, out of curiosity, they might pick on the woodshaving and choke to death on it. Some farmers introduce their day old birds to woodshaving straight away and get away with it but I’d rather you didn’t.

* It’s 30-50 birds to a tray feeder and 20-25 birds to a drinker. This varies. The size of the day old birds play a role in this. Thanks.

Amin. Thanks much for the quick response.

- After how many days is it safe to remove the newspaper overlay?
- what is the ratio of round feeders to birds and when can i replace tray feeders with them please?

Thanks once more.
Re: ... by Turks: 7:19am On Feb 06, 2018
*After 2 days
*Round Feeders depends on the size. tray feeders should be replaced after 2-3weeks.
aminuelyakub:

Amin. Thanks much for the quick response.

- After how many days is it safe to remove the newspaper overlay?
- what is the ratio of round feeders to birds and when can i replace tray feeders with them please?

Thanks once more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by Abeyjide: 12:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
2 weeks old.

Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
day 11
I gave the chicks Lasota vaccine
Mixed 100 doses in 2 litres of water with milk and administer in the evening. I will withdraw it after one hour.

I will update pictures of the birds tomorrow.

Which type of milk sir, evaporated or powdered? In which quantity? (Sorry im a newbie grin)
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2018
Turks:
*After 2 days
*Round Feeders depends on the size. tray feeders should be replaced after 2-3weeks.

Thank you very much!
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2018
Turks:
*After 2 days
I replace tray feeders after 4 days and its best to avoid contamination.
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 06, 2018
aminuelyakub:

Which type of milk sir, evaporated or powdered? In which quantity? (Sorry im a newbie grin)
Just use a sachet of milk before mixing vaccine in it.
Re: ... by Turks: 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
I don’t advice clients to use tray feeders. We advice them to use this.
EMMAACHILE:

I replace tray feeders after 4 days and its best to avoid contamination.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 06, 2018
Turks:
This doesn't have a name? Its not common to get as this is my first time of even seeing this.

1 Like

Re: ... by Turks: 7:27pm On Feb 06, 2018
Bros, Na wa oo. Are you here to tackle me? It’s called a flip-top plastic feeder. Zero feed wastage and zero feed contamination. We supply them.
EMMAACHILE:

This doesn't have a name? Its not common to get as this is my first time of even seeing this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Turks: 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Just use a sachet of milk before mixing vaccine in it.

Thank you
Re: ... by babyboy4every1: 12:19am On Feb 07, 2018
@turks, how much is the flip-flop plastic feeder?
Re: ... by monchazfarms: 3:53am On Feb 07, 2018
Turks:
Bros, Na wa oo. Are you here to tackle me? It’s called a flip-top plastic feeder. Zero feed wastage and zero feed contamination. We supply them.

How much is your flip top feeder and how long will the chicks use it.
Re: ... by Turks: 8:13am On Feb 07, 2018
Please send us a whatsapp message on 08026360598
babyboy4every1:
@turks, how much is the flip-flop plastic feeder?
Re: ... by 2grozz: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2018
Hello all,
Newbie here.....
You guys have given me the motivation to venture into this. I have concluded to start searching for a poultry......
Read about organic and inorganic..... And I think I should at least master the inorganic way first.
Please if there's any1 in the business of selling poultry materials..... Let me know. So I can at least patronise a member......
Starting from the scratch so i need all the help I can get plz.
I intend starting with 200layers and 100 broilers.
Plz what strains do I get?
Anyone around benin/asaba axis here?
Thanks
Re: ... by aminuelyakub(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2018
Turks:

How long does it need refill, how many hours interval are we looking at?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.