Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

... - Agriculture (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ... (315773 Views)

My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / My Broiler Farm Diary / Looking For Marketer's For My Broiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Turks: 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2018
Crush and add to their water. You’re good to go.

PS. It’s extremely difficult to crush. Thanks.
blessingfarm:
Happy New Year my good people. Pls how do I apply tagiri to broiler for prevention of newcastle. Am stocking next week. Thanks.

Re: ... by arizona20: 11:45am On Jan 10, 2018
Hi house happy New year. Please am getting my DOC in the next few days.i intend to raise them organically from day 1.please can somebody explain to me what and what to give them and when to give them.Please me out.
Re: ... by blessingfarm: 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
Turks:
Crush and add to their water. You’re good to go.

PS. It’s extremely difficult to crush. Thanks.
Thank you Sir, you always come to my aid. Pls at what age can I give it to them and for how many days?
How many tigiri can go into 20litters?
And pls is it consecutively?
May God increase your knowledge.
Re: ... by shakyriri: 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
blessingfarm:

Thank you Sir, you always come to my aid. Pls at what age can I give it to them and for how many days?
How many tigiri can go into 20litters?
And pls is it consecutively?
May God increase your knowledge.
Once a week ok.like medium size of 200naira ball ok on their water .I blend with commercial pepper blenders and serve in water.
That way I use lesser.i use 7tablespoons in 20litres.
Just my own way o.i start from week 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ... by Turks: 6:13am On Jan 11, 2018
My Oga. I hail ma. Always spot on!
shakyriri:

Once a week ok.like medium size of 200naira ball ok on their water .I blend with commercial pepper blenders and serve in water.

1 Like

Re: ... by blessingfarm: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
shakyriri:

Ok! Thank you Ma and remain blessed. Oga Turks thank you again.
Re: ... by youngibe(m): 9:16am On Jan 14, 2018
Wow, wow, wow. I read this tread from page one to finish. U guys are the best, I was so move that I have to go book for my first day old ever. I have always wanted to go into broiler farm but was so scared. But with the help of all the masters here especially Emma and turks I was bold to take the risk. God bless all of you immensely.

3 Likes

Re: ... by youngibe(m): 9:19am On Jan 14, 2018
Please i now have the birds and they 3 days old now, with what I just read about going organic here, I will love to try that out. My problem now is the rations to use, at what days and the herbs to mix to get vitamin or antibiotics. Please help a brother out

1 Like

Re: ... by Turks: 9:26am On Jan 14, 2018
God bless you too sir.
youngibe:
Wow, wow, wow. I read this tread from page one to finish. U guys are the best, I was so move that I have to go book for my first day old ever. I have always wanted to go into broiler farm but was so scared. But with the help of all the masters here especially Emma and turks I was bold to take the risk. God bless all of you immensely.

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2018
youngibe:
Please i now have the birds and they 3 days old now, with what I just read about going organic here, I will love to try that out. My problem now is the rations to use, at what days and the herbs to mix to get vitamin or antibiotics. Please help a brother out
Go look for Orego-stim and avoid herbs since its your first time.
Look for Elrox though its inorganic and combine.

Let me summarize it for you.
1. Orego-stim (Digester and anticocci) organic
2. Elrox (antibiotic and promoter)
3. Amin'total (multivitamin)
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 12:34am On Jan 15, 2018
youngibe:

From your post it seams you want to go the organic way, but I still feel this might help any one who still look forward to the inorganic.

Mix Monensin with feed daily from day 2 or 3 of the arrival of your birds.

Day 1 : anti stress or multivitamins
Day 2 to 5: antibiotics+multivitamins ( example of antibiotic : gendox, doxygen, amoxitin etc)
Day 6 : multivitamins
Day 7 : gumboro
Day 8-9 multivitamins( note pls do not use multivitamins containing antibiotics)

Day 10-12 Anticoc ( a lot of them in the market, I advice u use those containing vit k3)
Day 13 : Multivitamins/ water
Day 14 : lasota
day 15 -18: multivitamin
Day 21: Gumboro vaccine
day 22: multivitamin
Day 23 -26: Anticoc
Day 27 : Multivitamins
Day 28 : Lasota Vaccine

Carefully observe your litter for brownishand blood like discharge, this are strong pointers of coccidiosis, but with this and maintaining a clean litter you should be okay

Repeat Anticoc every 2 weeks and deworm between day 30 and 35

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: ... by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 15, 2018
sammorad:

From your post it seams you want to go the organic way, but I still feel this might help any one who still look forward to the inorganic.

Day 2 to 5: antibiotics+multivitamins ( example of antibiotic : gendox, doxygen, amoxitin etc)
Day 8-9 multivitamins( note pls do not use multivitamins containing antibiotics)

Day 10-12 Anticoc ( a lot of them in the market, I advice u use those containing vit k3)

Carefully observe your litter for brownishand blood like discharge, this are strong pointers of coccidiosis, but with this and maintaining a clean litter you should be okay

All the best.
You mean with monensin premix, you still use anti cocci? It means your litter management is poor.
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 3:34am On Jan 16, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

You mean with monensin premix, you still use anti cocci? It means your litter management is poor.

Dear Emmaachile,

Kindly note that my advice above is to a starter.I think i must give every thing possible to protect his business.

While he learns gradually
Re: ... by youngibe(m): 6:51am On Jan 17, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Go look for Orego-stim and avoid herbs since its your first time.
Look for Elrox though its inorganic and combine.

Let me summarize it for you.
1. Orego-stim (Digester and anticocci) organic
2. Elrox (antibiotic and promoter)
3. Amin'total (multivitamin)
Please can you help me out on the days and how to administer them
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2018
youngibe:

Please can you help me out on the days and how to administer them
Mix in feed and use all through.
Re: ... by chukskafor(m): 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2018
Oga Emma, prior to the introduction to ricagardo feed as the best due to the cp %, how do I get it at Auchi since it's not readily available here or can you help with by a means of waybill
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2018
chukskafor:
Oga Emma, prior to the introduction to ricagardo feed as the best due to the cp %, how do I get it at Auchi since it's not readily available here or can you help with by a means of waybill
Just go for Chikun feed
Re: ... by Mzora(f): 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2018
when is the best time to stock chicks for this easter if i'm ordering 3wks old chicks
Re: ... by Hammedadetayo(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Just go for Chikun feed
is chikun better than top feed? their nutritional value is very low compare to top feed
Re: ... by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
Hammedadetayo:

is chikun better than top feed? their nutritional value is very low compare to top feed
?
Re: ... by Trueigbo: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Mix in feed and use all through.

U mean everyday for 7wks
Re: ... by ceexcel(m): 1:36am On Jan 19, 2018
jksxxxx:
oga I tried calling you but ur number was off ...see as a Deltan I wanted to give u some advice so you don't lost your money..first mistake you made was using foreign feed for long not that it is not good but if you check the cost you will run at lost ,now the current value of 1kg fish in Delta State is 700naira if it it 2 fishes to a kg it is 590 to 650 naira ...so what I advice new farmers to do since you are doing 500 fishes it is the same amount of feed you use in feeding 500 fishes that you use in feeding around 700 to 900 fishes ..in case of next time here is what you will do to gain
First buy post fingerlings @ 20naira buy 1000 of hybrid which is 20000 naira you will be given 50 mortality
Rent an earth pond for better quality of water between 20k to 30k
Then buy half bag of skretting 0.8mm depending on the size of fish ..
The half bag can take them for 2 to 3 weeks first day give them 4 small peak milk tin cup then increase it as time goes ,note when feeding check and see their response if they are not rushing the feed stop pouring and leave them..why most people waste is because they don't know when to notice of the fishes are satisfied or hungry
So after 4 weeks that is when the real work start .buy skretting 2mm if their sizes are encouraging if not go back to 1.8 or 2gr Allie aqua ..buy one bag that one bag will be enough to feed 1000 fishes or 1200 fishes @ 1montj for around 8 to 10 days and note some days the fishes may not eat so don't stress them when u notice they are not smart starve them for a whole day and notice if they will rush for feed when you pour little into the pond
Now let's say the fishes have consumed 6Bags of foreign feed for 2 months.now stop foreign feed and move to local
The local feed everybody has his own formular mine I make blood meal of about 25k that will give me 3kg wraps in 58 to 60 places and my 2500 fishes eat 6 wraps a day meaning am giving them 18kg feed which is more than 1bag of the normal foreign feed
One advantage of the local feed is that you can decide to make it rich or poor
So with this my calculation you can train 2500 fishes with roughly 420k and get avarage of 1000kg total and a kg is 700 to 780 depending on how big
Also note that at 2 months try and sort the big one from the small one so that the small one can eat well
My greatest mistake in fish farming was going for foreign feed because the cost is much at the end you spend 800k to train 2500 fishes and make 850k total when you plus and minus you didn't even gain for a whole 6 months so for the new farmers go for ur own local feed to cut down cost

Nice one....
Re: ... by Abeyjide: 8:33am On Jan 19, 2018
Enjoying your contributions . I just booked for DOC yesterday against next week Monday 22nd.
Re: ... by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 19, 2018
Trueigbo:

U mean everyday for 7wks
Yes
Re: ... by Smartademu(m): 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
sammorad:

All the best.
Good day sir. Pls am a bit confused, my birds are due for their first vaccine Tuesday, what should I give first : Gumboro or Lasota? I can see u put Gumboro but some sources put Lasota. Advice needed urgently please.
Re: ... by sammorad(m): 4:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
Smartademu:

Good day sir. Pls am a bit confused, my birds are due for their first vaccine Tuesday, what should I give first : Gumboro or Lasota? I can see u put Gumboro but some sources put Lasota. Advice needed urgently please.

Honestly, you start with any of the 2 depending on your environment, for high heat environment like mine in Makurdi - Benue state.

I strongly advice gumboro first, then Lasota,

In case you want us to talk, I can be reached on 07035169094.
Re: ... by chukskafor(m): 2:17am On Jan 21, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
Just go for Chikun feed
Not within my vicinity bro
Re: ... by Turks: 5:58am On Jan 21, 2018
Vital feed, Hybrid or Top feed. In that order.
chukskafor:
Not within my vicinity bro

Re: ... by chukskafor(m): 3:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
Turks:
Vital feed, Hybrid or Top feed. In that order.
yeah, the three you quoted are available here but which is of same cp value like that of Ricca gardo and what exactly is the percentage? thanking you for the prompt response
Re: ... by Turks: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
The CP requirement of broilers is 22-23%. You'd have to try them all to find out which one suits your need. If I were you, I'd go with either Vital or Hybrid. Thank you.
chukskafor:
yeah, the three you quoted are available here but which is of same cp value like that of Ricca gardo and what exactly is the percentage? thanking you for the prompt response
Re: ... by AvailableCofOLa(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2018
Great... Welldone.

See my signature
Re: ... by Abeyjide: 10:14am On Jan 22, 2018
Just arrived.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (104) (Reply)

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.